Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

For some reason, my wireless won't connect - I am using my old desktop. Did my fast run this morning. Yesterday I ate REALLY low cals & this morning I was down 2 lbs. Today I have already eaten over my 1200. Expecting to be back up tomorrow.

Lynn
Old 09-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm enjoying everyone's post but haven't had the time to gab. I woke up at 3:30 with a headache and decided to just get up for the day. I got my daily exercises in by 4:30am, that was nice. And after exercising, my headache went away? I ordered some things online that were delivered today, Chia seeds, Quinoa, Amaranth among some of them. I've never used any of these before today. Do any of you use them? We're having a pear/feta cheese salad tonight with tuna and I thought I'd put some of the cooked raisin/Amaranth on top. Yuk! I cooked it up according to a recipe I found online and it was terrible. It smelled bad too!
I have a whole bag of it, what can I do with it? I threw the cooked raisin/Amaranth in the garbage.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all.....just lost a whole post. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Had a great day and am almost painfree....Back and legs are tired, but not hot wired. BUT am I in trouble......my little buddy came into the waiting room this am and I was reading another Sara Donati book. She started glaring so hard the book about went up in flames.

Bobbi what is Amaranth? Looked it up in the dictionary and says "imaginary nonfading flowers.....

Lynn.....you know better than weigh every day! You are going drive yourself to drink.

Got word late this afternoon that the judge has approved the estate settlement plan and I can write everyone their checks. And be done with the crazies. I loved my friend and miss her so, but tired of hearing her laughing at my toils with her family. She was one smart cookie to have a nonfamily member be PR....they'd have killed each other.

This is a perfect tv night....No phone calls or cp gonna watch Survivor and Top Chefs....Who won America has Talent? hugs karen3
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #109  
GmaTo8

Bobbi - my family and I sprinkle chia seeds (salvia) on many, many dishes, for the health benefit of it. They are hardly noticeable, and the benefits are many. I haven't used amaranth, but Dr. Oz sings it's praises. Just tried quinoa (pronounced keen' wah) recently and love it! It has high protein, and is so versatile. I'll post a good recipe in the recipe section.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #110  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Bless you Jane, I checked out the recipe and will make it today. Thank you! Dr. Oz is the reason I ordered all that 'stuff'. (He's a good salesmans)
We had tornado warnings last night and I thought our roof was going to blow off. The winds came up with heavy rain and soaked 1/2 the bed under the opened window before I could get it shut. Today we have many big branches down in the yard to pick up and leaves to rake. It blew many of our apples off the tree so I need to quit gabbing and get out to pick up apples for applesauce.
Busy, busy..........catch ya all later.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #111  

Computer problems - ARGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking my laptop in for repair - lost my wireless connection. Check back when it's fixed.

Lynn
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #112  

good Morning GG's,

Woke up to rain this morning. I love to hear rain hitting the awnings. And we needed rain pretty badly too. Too late for my lawn this year,it's already brown. I've been pretty consistant with exercise all week. I am finally able (FINALLY) able to walk the distance I used to. Seems like it took me forever to get to this point. I'd walk 4 miles for so long I had a hard time understand why anyone couldn't do it. So, oh yeah, now I remember. The grands are back in school and while DGS is doing fine, my GD is having problems with the teacher. She has asthma and gets sick very easily. The teacher decided that everyone should put all their supplies in a bin and everyone use them. When my DIL told her that she would prefer that DGD not do that, because of health reasons, she became very angry. She did relent and let Kenzie keep her things in her desk, but she came home crying every day since school started because the teacher made remarks to her. Something has to be resoved, and soon. Hate starting out the year this way.

Bobbi, Had my 45 wedding anniversay in Aug. Congratulations to you. I haven't tried Quiona yet but i've hear all the hype too. Very neutritious and good for diabetis because the index is low.

Lynn, I hate scales. they dictate how we feel too often. I do use them occasionally to make sure i'm on the right tract, but I can usually tell in my clothes. And I know if i'm doing what I should be doing. Just keep doing what you should. the scales lie.

Karen, I was tought no more than 20 min. at a time for heat or ice. You can do damage if you use it longer. Hope you're feeling better. Takes a nerve forever to heal.

Z, No, I'm the most computer challenged! Wish I knew more, but I don't!

Donna, Season tickets are great. Now you can enjoy going a lot more. Was that your birthday gift to yourself?

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 09-16-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #113  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in, not much to say...

"Sunset Boulevard" was really good! I like going to the matinees, because then we can grab a wee bite to eat afterward, and it's still light outside! I do not like driving in the dark, anymore! One more thing going south....

Because of all the birthday celebrating (just an excuse, I know!), I'm having a bit of trouble staying on track. However, this socializing is almost over, and then I'll be able to be "good" again! Knock on wood, I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing, either!

PT/Zoe, Freda (good to hear from you!), KarenMO/FLO, Rosey, Mary, Jane, Everyone.... hope your day is lovely! Be safe...
Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #114  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Just popping in quick to say hi ~ still having internet connection problems. It has been out 3 times in the last 10 min. Grrrrrrr ~ so thought I'd say hi while I had the chance. Won't make this too long, or it is apt to go out again before I can post it.

Maybe it is some kind of message from the man above that I spend too much time on the internet and I'd better shape up and get to some other stuff ~ LOL.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #115  

Morning everyone..its a chilly 46 degrees this am and so foggy i cant see across the road..nothing new to report..just rambling around in a very quiet house..have agreat day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #116  

Hi Everyone,

I KNEW that Mercury has to be in retrograde. Computer went wacky, need a new water heater & car needs servicing.

Did 40 min fast walk on the canal this morning. I think it's getting easier.

Lynn
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #117  

Height: 5'3"

Well what did you think of America's Got Talent last night? My favorite won! I loved the little girl, she has the voice of an angel but she's young and all too often I've seen bad things happen to child stars plus she already has gotten a show or something my dh was telling me. So she is on her way regardless.

What about Survivor? I don't know why those older people even try ...don't they know from watching the shows how tough it is?!! I don't have a favorite yet but I love the show and it should be interesting again this season.

Wow, internet problems, storms...guess things are pretty quiet here. Just clouds and showers. I like the cooler weather so I'm ok. I have to get off this computer and get some more done so I'll feel like I accomplished something today. Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by maryea; 09-16-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #118  
ecograndma

S/C/G: 253/190/153

Good Evening Ladies,

Just checking in to say hello.

Busy day at work again. I am off for the next three days so I plan on getting some gardening done. I am also going to get my hair cut tomorrow. I think I am going to get a new look. It is time to change things up a bit.

Going for a 15-mile bicycle ride in the morning (around 5:30). I always dread getting up early on a day off and getting on the bike. But after three miles I start to wake up a bit and start to get into it. I have been walking 2.5 miles each day during my lunch hour and then work out right when I get home in the evening (around 5:00 pm) for at least one hour (Leslie Sansone Walk DVDs, Yoga, Pilates, weights). I try and do something different each night. I feel so full of energy now and love this feeling.

We just booked a house in Molokai (island off of Maui) to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. It will just be the two of us for 8 days in paradise. We will not be going until March of next year which is really motivating me to keep up with "my program." I put some pictures of the beaches on Molokai on the fridge as a constant reminder.

Hope you all have a great weekend. This will be one of those rare weekends that no kids or grandkids will be around. I plan on getting some rest and relaxation and recharge my batteries.

Sherrill
Old 09-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #119  

Hello,

Tomorrow my DD & SIL and I go in to Philly. Her 1/2 marathon is on Sunday morning. We are going to a Health Fair at the convention center tomorrow & staying over. There are supposed to be 20,000 people walking/running at the marathon. I hope we will be able to find each other when it is over.

This afternoon, I am meeting my DF for a movie (Mao's Last Dancer) & dinner.

Hope everyone has a nice day & a good weekend,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 09-17-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #120  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Lynn, you do enjoy life, yes? And I hope your computer woes are resolved soon!!! I'm interested to hear about that movie...

GORGEOUS morning here! The colors are actually starting to change already, especially in the mountains. It's just such a beautiful time of the year. I LOVE IT.

No news. Status quo and blah, blah, blah, and blah. I hope you're all feeling well, that all aches, pains, and squeaks are better... what's on the weekend agenda that's fun?

Everyone, have a lovely day. Be safe!
Closed Thread