Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #61  

Height: 5'3"

Found out our gs was coming from Portland where he was already visiting his other grandma. About 3 pm he let me know he'd be here at 5 pm which he was. He is a very good young man but I'm sure she wanted him there until then. Anyway he is here and he is making it up to us by staying another night! We are sure enjoying him. Not doing a whole lot but we took him to dinner last night...a buffet where he could pick out what he wanted. Came home and watched TV. He doesn't have TV in his home (bad area for reception) to think he enjoyed it. And I've made 3 batches of cookies so he can take some home and share with his sisters and mom.

I overate at the buffet...mostly on dessert and with the cookies here at home but have been much more careful today. This am my gs and I walked the yards and I showed him what I've been doing out there. I'm still amazed that I took care of the lawns all by myself all summer so proud to show it off! Then we went to Costco to pickup a few things and to get gas then stopped at a grocery store on the way home. This afternoon the guys watched a movie while I baked more cookies and did other things.

Tonight I am fixing Balsamic Chicken with Pureed Chickpeas and will serve it with a vegetable of some sort. I think he likes chicken and beans so hopefully he will like it. Not so sure my dh will like the beans but since they are pureed, he may not notice them much. Hmm...wonder if this would go with rice?...my dh loves rice and I think our gs might eat it to..however if I do make rice I will not eat it. The beans are carb enough for me.

Karen - oh my gosh what a sweet husband!! I thought I had a sweet man but he has never trimmed my toe nails for me yet! I have learned a secret recently. I have always had very tender toes...even pedicures were painful for me...well the nail tech told me as soon as they started to hurt to trim my nails. Once I started trimming my nails more often, my toes have become much less sensitive...they are still a little bit at times when I get a pedicure but they are much much better. I did not realize I was allowing them to grow too long (not in my opinon!) and I was always afraid of cutting too short but I am not cutting them too short...just doing it more often and it's worked wonders for me. You probably don't have this problem but your story just made me think of it and it might help someone else.

ellabella - your food sounds yummy!

Jane - I use Firefox so maybe that's why I haven't had any problems with the site. Never thought of that.

Take care everyone. I need to marinate my chicken for tonight's dinner.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #62  

Hi everyone..just got home from a major groc shopping trip..my dh is leaving for a 10 day moose hunt with sil and grson..my dh is the cheif cook lol..he evn has stuff to make pie..on our way we stopped at the senior housing where my mil lives..they serve lunch every day for them and we surprized her and came for lunch too..i had salad but the main course was mediter chix over pasta..she was so surprized to see us esp me..bobbie i make foil dinners alot,esp vegie packets..im going to try yours..karen3 sry you are still in pain..i can so relate..mydh has his moments too..when i was in the hosp he went and got red nail polish and did my toes..what a guy.. glad u like the books..zoe take care of yourself if i was your neighbor id make you chix soup.. s for all rosey
Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #63  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ho, Ho, Ho! I just watched a segment on Good Morning America about men's pant sizes. They purchased 4 pair of mens size 36 jeans in 4 different brands, Banana Republic, Gap among them. A tailor measured all 4 of them and found none to be a size 36. Banana Republic was the worst, it was a size 38 but labeled 36. They said it was a gimmick for men's ego to buy Banana Republic because they think there're not as fat as they really are. The reason I laughed is because womens clothes have been doing that for years. Liz Claibourne clothes runs bigger, the worst offender is Alfred Dunner. I worked part time in a large department store toward the end of my working career and someone wearing a normal size 14 could fit a 10, they run big!
Another segment on GMA was about a virus going around that's hitting lots of computers. It's a email called, Here I Am. Don't open it.
Gotta go, I have to run into town to buy MIL some more socks, she keeps flushing them down the toilet along with her underwear. I've been buying her white socks and underwear, this time I'm going to buy all black so she doesn't get so confused. (For those newbie who don't know, MIL has Alzheimers).
Later.............

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-10-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #64  
Bobbi

I almost forgot, I think the recipe I posted for Asian Chicken needs some serious tweaking. The idea of putting everything in foil and baking it was good but it was dry and bland. The only seasoning was the oyster sauce. Not enough, I think squeezing a whole orange into the sauce would have helped or maybe a dash of 5 spice? I should know better to post a recipe before I try it myself!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #65  
GmaTo8

Karen - glad that helped!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello,

Today was 35 min at 3.0 speed on the treadmill - no holding bar. I think I actually walk faster when I walk the track.

This afternoon I am taking my "Little Sister" shopping. We are going to buy Fall clothes for her baby boy. I will take my camera & post photos of him tomorrow.

Have a good day,

Lynn
Old 09-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #67  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in... taking Aunty Ann (95) and Granny (87) for an outing today.

Status quo here. I got a lot more sleep last night and feel pretty perky today. All is well.

PT/Zoe, KarenMO/FLO, sweet Mary, Freda, Rosey, Bobbi, Lynn, everyone... be safe! Have a lovely Friday!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #68  

Default Happy birthday, Donna

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DONNA,

Lynn
Old 09-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #69  

Happy birthday whoever's birthday it is....I saw Jane on the other thread and Donna here. Do you share the day? Hope you both have a wonderful day!!

Our gs has now left so we are alone again until the end of the month when our dd and her little ones will be here. We had a nice time with our gs.

Now I need to get back on track with my eating..I have been off track for far too long! I am 6 lbs up from where I was a month ago!! I can't believe how fast I gain weight but then when I go off plan I really eat too. I gave in to the cookies I baked for my gs, so now I'm going through withdrawal....
Maybe I'll start posting my meals again on that food diary thread just in case that will help me. I haven't even taken my bs the last couple days as I knew it would be high. I'm like the little girl with the little curl right in the middle of her forehead...when I'm good, I'm very very good but when I'm bad, I am HORRIBLE!!!

ETA: Just saw the pics we took with our gs.....ugh!!! I am getting SO fat, if that's not incentive to diet I don't know what is!

Last edited by maryea; 09-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #70  

Hi everyone..ive been getting the dh ready for his trip to his cabin for moose hunting..lots of testosterone floating around lol,,waiting for my sil and grson to get here,,they will be gone 10 days unless they get a moose..they have to drive 30 miles to the end of the road, then unload truck and trailer and reload 6 wheelers then 14 miles down the beach on low tide..up the bluff and its steep..then 3 miles thru the woods and swamps..sounds like fun huh..not my cup of tea but they sure love it..maryea just get back to what works..we all struggel..you can do it..happy birthday donna.. zoe feel better..hope you all have a great weekend (((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-10-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Donna!!! OK I just looked it up and I guess we are early for Donna's birthday!! I see it is the 13th according to the list of birthdays.. But that is OK We can wish you a Happy Birthday twice!!!!! Enjoy it!!

Last edited by Karen31; 09-10-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #72  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Wonderful day to hang laundry out on the line, I have two big loads to go out and no rain today. This is the first year our lawn hasn't turned brown because we've had a wet summer.
Mary...so glad to see you posting on the daily food diary again. When we know we have to write it down, we think twice before we eat something.
Karen Mo...I have all the birthdays set up on a reminder so I don't forget them. I had to go back and check Donna's birthday again to see if I'd entered the date wrong. With all the birthday wishes Donna, you're sure to have a double good birthday.
Rosey...My legs hurt just thinking of the long climb getting to the cabin now that I'm older. I've been on hunts many times with DH where we've had to go through much the same. One Mule deer DH shot in Wyoming we call the longest mile deer. It was in a deep ravine and we couldn't get the 4 wheel drive down there, we pulled that sucker up the ravine about a mile, mostly uphill. I hated every minute of it too.
Lynn...where's the pictures?
Hi everyone else I missed, my washer just shut off. I need to get laundry out on the line.
I made more hummingbird juice this morning, they must be migrating because it's just buzzing out there. We saw the last Oriole leave a couple of days ago..........boo hoo, summer is over.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #73  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Thank you for the birthday greetings! Any day is a good day for them!! Yesterday I planned an outing for Mom and Aunty Ann; instead, they had pizza and cake for me! What a nice surprise! So far I don't feel another year older, but I'm sure I will on Monday!! OMG, I'm an official senior citizen! How did that HAPPEN???????

Pretty day today. I'm paying for the pizza and cake with an annoyed stomach (but it was yummy!), so today will be easy and bland foods. I operate better on that, anyway.

Anything fun planned for the weekend, anyone? I hope it's a good one! Be safe, everyone..... I surely do miss Isabella!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #74  

Hi Everyone,

I had a great time shopping for my Little Sister's baby boy. Anthony is just ADORABLE! He is now outfitted very stylishly for the Fall. However, I forgot the camera. My Little Sister is supposed to email some photos to me. If I get, I will post.

Today, I am supposed to go to a Polish festival with my DD & SIL. It's a BEAUTIFUL Fall day here - perfect for an outing.

I am getting REALLY frustrated with no weight loss. I think I need to go back to my bounce chart. That always helps me. I will add it to my points challenge.

Lynn
Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #75  

Hi everyone! It's been a nice day. We went to Saturday Market. The sun was shiny but it was not too hot, just pleasant. The park looked so beautiful..I am amazed what they have done with it. We don't often get downtown. I bought some local produce, and we shared some popcorn instead of staying for lunch because my dh was getting tired. Stopped at the Army base (nearby) and picked up a few items then onto to a grocery store for a few more produce items I wasn't able to get at the market. That is all my "need" items this week...just vegetables and a couple kinds of berries. I will do my "stock-up/bargain" shopping though either tomorrow or Monday. I prefer to go on Monday but depends on the deals.

We brought in the VCR from the RV so I can transfer some old VHS tapes to DVD. Haven't started yet but got to watching one of the old tapes and was mesmerized! We were celebrating our youngest son's 13th birthday...his younger sister was 11 and our oldest dd was 23 and our oldest son was 19 and about to be a father. His wife was with him and our oldest dd had a bf with her. It was so much fun to watch and listen to their conversations! And I looked really good..LOL...I was just starting to put on weight but not too badly yet. I'd say I weighed somewhere between 140-150, but not sure. Sure wish I weighed that now. And of course I was a lot younger too...that helps too... Couldn't believe what a pretty brown my hair was....it's gray now and most of the time I really like it...

The next part of the tape was us all visiting at the hospital ...and our son and his wife had just had their first child, now almost 22. Our son esp looks SO young (19)...way too young to be a father! Which he was and I knew that even then. He's had it tough but he has worked hard and always supported his family and that's what a good man does so I'm proud of him. Now he has a son that age. As I watched it I often found myself near tears...I'm sure most of you mothers can relate. It was the next best thing to having them young again. Wish we'd had video of them when they were little but we were too poor to buy a video camera in those days. Tomorrow I plan to start transferring the tapes. Hope I can figure it out.

Lynn - give it time...I'm sure the way you eat and exercise it will begin to drop again soon. Glad you got to enjoy your sister's baby.

Jess - glad you had a nice birthday dinner! Pizza and cake... yummy!! Hope it was worth the tummy ache! Probably would be for me. I eat healthy a lot of the time but I still like my junk...pizza's not REALLY junk is it?!!!

Last edited by maryea; 09-11-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Closed Thread