Old 07-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #1  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Default A truly Matte eyeshadow, FINALLY

Hi to all, hope this is the right place to start this thread. I used to love eyeshadows with some sheen and sparkle, but have been looking for a while for a truly matte type so the criss-crossy wrinkles in my upper lid/browbone area looks alittle "less", and finally found it. Many that claim to be Matte actually have some sheen, but I went net shopping and found some stuff and it's actually cheap, YAY. Ben Nye (do a google), it's pro stuff, and they have scads of colors (I bought 8), huge pans, (also bought a palette to put them in, but you don't need to), and it so helps (I have upper eye overhang). It's a little flyaway on the brush, so I have to be careful to not get too much on the brush, but using a couple of neutral colors, blended well on the lid and above and I almost look like my "old-younger" self. Just thought I would share in case there are other ladies who have searched for the same. For me, the cork, honey, and spice, with a little raisin for lining has made me happy! And can't we all use a little life now and then?
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thanks for sharing your good find. I agree that the shiny stuff doesn't work well with <ahem> older eye lids. Mine are so deep-set that I use a cream color, or other very light color, shadow to help bring them out a bit.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Thanks for posting I have been looking for some matte shadow.
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #4  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the tip! I could use a good new matte eye shadow!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote