Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi All,

A quick one here. Thanks Jane and Linda, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Tony insisted I stay in and sleep when he went for his regular blood stick this morning. I really planned on going with him, but just couldn't drag out of bed. He came back and went back to bed and I got up to check BP and BS. I'm keeping a record of the BP morning and evening and my morning BS stick to show the doctor when I go back next month. I think he is going to have to raise both since the numbers haven't change.

I did manage to do the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds this morning. The last time I tried it I was too weak and only got 5 minutes done and my legs were killing me. Of course the right arm can't do much but I did what I can. I did the 1 hour Sit and Git Fit Tuesday so I've managed to get what would be considered a 3 day workout plus all the activity of running here and there to different doctors and tests with Tony this week. I figure I will do what exercise I can until I get stronger. Who knows it may help me to get stronger, I hope. I go at 1pm to see what my beautician can do with my hair. If we can't figure something out, I guess I'll have to find a wig that I can wear till I can use my arm better.

I see a lot of New Names since I've been missing and going through all these new things so let me send a very warm southern style to ALL YOU NEWBIES. This is a great and caring group.

Although we still have a lot going on, I think they are spread out more now, so maybe I can check in more.

Jane - I am in the process of learning what the lower carb/glycemic foods are that I need to be eating. I think Tony is going to be diabetic 2 as well so I'm going to learn how to cook and eat to get healthy for both of us. I'm looking forward to learning new things about new foods. However, I must say I'm better at it than DH.

Y'all have a great week end everybody.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Just a note to say that I'm down 4.2 pounds this week. Not sure if this loss is from switching back to Weight Watchers, or just my wayward loss finally catching up with me. Thank you all so much for your encouragment and support - up to now, June had been a challenge for me, and you all made me feel better about myself.

Last edited by Jane; 06-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Trish there are some wonderful web pages that give the glycemic index for foods. If the moderators allow this link, I will post them for you. Like you I have diabetes. Be aware that sores take longer to heal for those of us with the disease. Don't be discouraged, you are getting better. Any exercise is better that no exercise.
Jane Way to go sister! Showing a weight loss in spite of the mini vacation. You rock

As far as me.... the dreaded plateau is here. I showed a .5 loss for the week. So now it really gets interesting. I need to prove to myself that I can lose below 235 pounds. I know I can do this. I will do the little engine that could routine...<I think I can, I think I can> it worked in the '50's and it can work for me now.
metta to all my sisters in support
Coralee
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #34  

Height: 5'3"

Jane - congrats on the weightloss!

Chicpanda - At least you lost something! Sounds like you're doing ok...better than me, I just keep going up and down...but at least I know it is linked to my eating..just too inconsistent in keeping to my calorie restriction. Still working on that. Don't be discouraged, you will make it. From what I can tell it's just being persistent and never giving up..yeah, like that little engine!

I already typed a long post on the Golden Girl thread so will keep it short here. Hope you all have a good evening! It has been a beautiful day here.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

This will be short - I'm headed to church. Just wanted to post a current pic for my avatar. I don't know how I got so old looking, lol. Seems like just yesterday I was picking out my high school senior pictures. Now I"m a different kind of "senior", lol.

Trish - take it easy until you get over the shingles, hon. Your body needs time to mend. Kudos to Tony for taking good care of you. I have a book about the GI of foods, and it's very interesting.

Coralee - you are so right - if you think you can, your really can do it! Somebody around here used to have a quote in their signature that said, "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are right!" It's fine to post the link to the GI info.

Mary - "persistence, not perfection" is another neat quote I've seen here at 3FC. Sounds good to me!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #36  

Hoping you all are enjoying a nice Sunday!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #37  

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Jane- I like your Avatar. You look great and CONGRATULATIONS on the 4.2 loss this week. Strange, I decided to do Weight Watchers again too. Started this morning. Didn't really plan to, but I'm reading a Prevention book on how to control diabetes. It says fiber is the key to success and I decided that WW is the easiest way to do this and stay within calorie range the doctor recommended I stay within. WW books says 28 pts, but I am so close to the 26 pts that I decided to do 26 and save my 35 extra pts for when we go out to eat. I think it has just come together for me.

I will check back in again tomorrow with everyone. Hope you are all having a great Sunday.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jane, you look terrific in your new avatar! I think your hair is shorter than the last time I saw you. And WOW, another 4.2 pounds lost this week! You are doing so well! I'm so glad you have found something that works well for you.

Trish, I hope you are feeling stronger and better each day! Good luck on Weight Watchers!

Coralee, Maryea, and everyone else, I hope all is well!

It's been a very hot, humid weekend here, and the grandkids have been here every day enjoying the pool. I get such joy out of watching them swim and splash, and even Tyler takes to the water like a fish. We really have to watch him, though, as he thinks he can jump right in like the older kids.
Other than the pool, we haven't really done much else except puttering around in the garden. Amber helped me plant more beets today, and Tyler did a great job watering everything, including his sister and me.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #39  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Thanks for the kudos!

Mary - I hope you had a nice day yesterday, too, followed by another one today.

Trish - glad to have you joining me on WW! I keep a list of the points of my favorite foods, which makes it easy to track my menus. WW helps a person choose foods with more fiber - that's for sure, lol.

Linda - after being on a plateau almost the entire month of June, it was a nice feeling to finally see the loss. Our Jackson, 3, thinks he's a big guy, too, and tries to do what the older grands do, lol.

Doris - hope you're back soon! We miss you!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Another thunderstorm passed through last night. I've felt like I live in the tropics this summer, with all the humidity and rain. Four granddaughters are here until tomorrow evening, so they will keep me on my toes, lol.

Oh! Almost forgot! The Kashi Pumpkin TLC bars smell so good, and aren't bad, but there is too much nutmeg and ginger in them for me. After I finish this boxful, I won't buy more. The dark chocolate and coconut ones are really tasty!

What's on your agenda for the day?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #40  

Hello Everyone

Will get a quick one here before Tony pop in and ready to eat.

Well, I am pleased to find that switching to WW to get the fiber/pts in line must be the answer for me and a very pleasant one at that. My blood glucose ready was down in the normal range this morning. So this is definitely the way for me to go. Got my recent WW Magazine out to look through this morning and although I lean more toward Whole Foods eating, I think I'm going to switch to that Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt. Jane have you tried it? It says it is 50 cal/5g fiber/0 fat. So that will go reallyJa great with my oatmeal in the morning and save some calories and ad fiber.

Jane and Linda You two are really enjoying the grands this summer. I am happy for you. Have fun.

Everyone reading this... I hope you have a great day.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #41  

I was out a little longer than usual today...normally try to be no longer than an hour but was gone about 1 1/2 hours. My dh was ok though and actually encouraged me not to worry about leaving him but he is still really a fall risk so I don't like to leave him. Hopefully by next week I will feel easier about it. Anyway, I went to the gym and suspended our membership for now and was going to the CU to deposit a small check, but when I got there and parked, I realized I did not have the check. I am not sure what happened to it as have looked everywhere...at least it was only for a small amount.

Since I thought I was doing well on time and needed groceries I stopped at Safeways in the same area. I didn't have my "needs" list but did have my Grocery Game List and coupons and I remembered a few things from the needs list at least. I got some great deals on things we enjoy!
But it took me longer than I planned.

The sun is out but now and then it goes behind a cloud for a while. Still a nice day as no rain! I don't mind the rain even but it gets my dh down and right now looking out the window at a sunny day means a lot to him.

He's decided to sleep on the sofa in the living room. A farther walk for me at night and I hope I can hear him, but we each have our phones so he can call if necessary. The important thing is for him to be more comfortable and that has been a problem in the other bed. So will see how it works tonight.

Our oldest son graduated recently took a job at Grand Coulee Dam (eastern WA) and has been attending the academy the past few weeks. He graduated today. We had planned to visit him and his gf and stay in an RV park nearby and attend the graduation. It was such a disappointment to us both that we couldn't get there for him but he understood. His gf said it was a nice ceremony and Mike was an honor guard carrying the flag. she is sending us a video of it. Bless her heart, she is a really nice young woman. She even offered to come some weekend and help us out in the yard.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Had an 'interesting' day today. I checked my bank account and noted a debit that I hadn't authorized. It turned out to be an online scam that silly me fell for. So off to the bank, as we have to report fraud in person. I had to cancel my debit card and will be w/o it for about 1 week.... which may be a good thing...my dd has her own card on the account so we still have access. Went to the store after and this is the non-scale victory we bought only what we needed. I am still in the dreaded plateau ... grr
will try to swim my way to a net loss for the week.

Trish & Jane glad that WW is working for you. My sister had great success with it years ago.

Marygood for you for not over spending at the grocery store. I have learned to take a list or I come home with a buncha goodies... that someone has to eat. ..

hope all is well with everyone reading this
coralee

Last edited by chicpanda; 06-28-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just worked a 10-hour day and I'm exhausted! I love my job and my girls, but I don't get a minute to myself, now that school is out.

Jane, our Tyler will be 3 in a few weeks, and it sounds like he and Jackson would hit it off perfectly. They're so alike! Those Kashi Pumpkin Spice Bars are my favorites, although they make a lot of crumbs when I'm eating them. I like the dark chocolate coconut ones, too, but the pumpkin are my faves.

Trish, that's great that following WW is already showing good results for you! It's great that you and Jane are doing it and can trade hints and advice.

Mary, you are taking such good care of your DH, and your love for him is obvious. He's very luck to have you, and it sounds like he appreciates you, too. I hope his recovery continues to go well. Congratulations to your DS! It's sad that you weren't able to attend his graduation, but am glad he understands.

Coralee, that's scary about your debit card scam, but I'm glad you got it all straightened out before anything else could happen! We have to be so careful these days, and can't let down our guard for a second. It's sad.

We've been getting hit with some pretty severe storms, and today a lot of roads were closed because of fallen trees and limbs. I had to take several detours to get to the farm, and it looked like a tornado had touched down in some areas! We were lucky that our power didn't go out, and they still had power at the farm, too. That would have been unbearable in this heat! It's supposed to start cooling down after tomorrow, and it will be a welcome relief!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

The days go by too fast for me. I can't seem to get on every day and say something worth saying that I did.

It's been warm here the past couple days. This is really a strange season this year. Usually it would be way over 100 degrees. It's still hot and everyone stays inside, but haven't had to run the AC quite a much.

Got to the Y today and exercised for 45 minutes. Felt really good. Only got in one day last week.

Jane-- Congratulations on your loss! Wonderful!
My painting is slow going right now. Working on a large custom bowl, but got side tracked with another order that has to be done asap. It's a garden plant pick. My friend is going to put it in front of a new rose bush for a relative of hers who passed away last week. It's looks like a Terra Cotta pot with a couple flowers and a bird house. Should finish it tomorrow and get back to my bowl. I'm so glad my customer isn't in a hurry for the bowl.

Coralee-- Those credit scams are so scary! We got a call a few weeks ago on a Monday morning from AE asking if we were in Brazil. Huh....no! Well, over the weekend someone stole our identity and spent a bundle. They subtracted all the charges, but missed a couple and we saw where the person went to McDonalds in Brazil for about $25 and a grocery store in Brazil for $28. AE subtracted those too. But gosh that's so scary.
It was on my card, so I had to wait a few days for a new one. Now, when we go anywhere....the card doesn't leave our hands. We go up and pay the bill at restaurants instead of the waiter taking it in their little room.

Last week we had to get gas and the pump wasn't working, so my dh went into the store. We wanted a certain amount on the card but the worker wanted my dh to leave the card with him, while he went outside to pump the gas....and then go back in to sign the paper. Well, needless to say, we went somewhere else. That's my dh new policy, the card never leaves our hands. You can't be to careful.

I lost what I gained at the beach, but need to break the next barrier! But feel great!!
Carol
Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Trish - YAY for lower BG level! I think if you give WW a chance, say, a month, you'll be pleased overall and may not have to keep searching for a WOE. The yogurt sounds like a good choice but I have to admit I'm one of the very few members here that doesn't like yogurt. I know - I'm weird!

Mary - hope you found the check. I'm a "list" person, too, and feel strange on the few occasions that I grocery shop w/o one. Congratulations to your DS! I'm sorry you and DH couldn't attend the ceremony. How nice of the GF to send you a video. She sounds like a keeper, for sure.

Coralee - glad you got the problem cleared up at the bank. Just too much fraud going on nowdays. A few years ago, I had false charges on my debit card, but the bank took care of it. YAY for your NSV! My cupboards have slim pickins, too. If it isn't in the house, I can't eat it.

Linda - you got the storms we had a couple days ago, I think Yesterday was beautiful, once the early morning humidity burned off. I'm sending that gorgeous day to you, lol. I hope you have a shorter, easier day today.

Carol - your crafting projects sound so creative! As I said to Coralee, it seems there is just too much fraud going on! Too bad you weren't vacationing in Brazil for real, lol. A big YAY to you for losing the recent gain.

This is the last day with the grands for awhile. Our library has a Silly Safari today, and we're going to that. There will be live animals with Coyote Chris telling all about them, lol. Sounds like fun!

I'm doing fine OP, but need to exercise more. I feel so much better when I do.

Have a good day, ladies!
Closed Thread