Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~May Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...

We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? What's the best thing that happened since you passed the 60 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Have limited access here in Rome. Two more nights in Italy & then home.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Todi and Civita 009.jpg (40.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Todi and Civita 038.jpg (54.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Todi and Civita 046.jpg (36.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #3  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
We woke up to beautiful sunny weather today, unfortunately we have high wind warning (40+ gusts) and today is our annual bike-a-thon. We have hundreds of bikers from all over riding and raising money for cancer. They'll probably have to cut the 100 mile route short because of the winds, bummer! They have support groups all over the route with food and water plus pick-ups to bring back people that can't make it.
Nothing exciting happening here today, working on my rummage sale pricing. May 7-8 is our sale and I'm cleaning out again, how many of you are pack-rats? I tend to save things thinking I'll get around to using it/them and never do. I've been a sucker for items on sale my whole life and since we're both retired, I haven't slowed down much. After our basement remodeling job, I'm beganing to thick twice about what I buy. Who needs all that stuff anyway? I have a GE counter-top oven/rotessiers down stairs that need to go on the rummage sale. I only used it a few times and a person with my personality shouldn't be allowed to use it. I tend to burn food in them because I can't stand to wait by it for the food to get done. I walk away and the next thing I know, the food is on fire. My dog hates the thing and runs whenever I bring it up to use. Tell me to put it on the sale. I have a perfectly good printer with ink in it but it won't print out envelopes so I purchased a new one. I thought I'd keep the old one in case my new one stops working. HA! I'm seriously going to put the old one on the rummage sale. O.K. I'm rambling, you all have a great day.
Lynn...you'll have to tell us the high points of your vacation when you get home and Zoe, same with you.
Have a great May Day!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Bobbi,

Your story about the toaster oven reminds me of the Dobie we had--whenever I used my rotisserie she would disappear. I didn't see her for hours when I was making a turkey.

I don't even have a spare bedroom anymore. I had everything in a stor-all but couldn't afford it anymore so one bedroom is the stor-all and the other one has all my clothes of various sizes. But the deal is I have to get rid of anything that doesn't fit by the end of the summer.

I should have a garage sale too--I probably could put the money towards a used bedroom set!

Have a good day.

Doris
Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #5  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good May, All...

Can't believe it's May... and it's so lovely outside! PT, have a good vacation. I'll miss you !!

Lynn, lovely pictures. I'm eager to hear all about it! You look wonderful...

Everyone, have a good weekend! All is marvy here!
Old 05-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #6  

Morning everyone..the sun is out and im loving it..i was on the deck yesterday soaking it up..the snow is almost gone and mud everywhere..i went shopping yesterday at wallmart..its sure fun shopping for groc again..the dh did an ok job but im one of those strange folks who like to do that and now i can..hoping your weekend is great (((hugs))) rosey
Old 05-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

On our way home tomorrow morning. We saw/did/ate so much, I won't remember everything until I scrap.

Attached are some Rome shots.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roma 075.jpg (36.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Roma 042.jpg (45.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Roma 008.jpg (36.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #8  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. I've been run off my feet since Friday morning. Good to be able to say that as I'm healthy and able.

Hi Doris. Welcome to the Golden Girls. Come back and chat often.

Zoe, I guess you're at your daughter's place as I write. Have a great vacation and we'll be waiting for you when you return.

Bobbi
, yes, get rid of the stuff you don't use. I'm terrible for pack ratting (not a hoarder but keep stuff). I keep thinking that it'll come in handy some day and then I think when I'm gone and under the sod my boys will be going through my stuff, shaking their heads and tossing it in the garbage because it's too old for anyone to use.

Lynn
, you look great in your pictures. Seems as if Italy agrees with you. I just look and sigh and wish I was there, too.

Rosey, I love grocery shopping, too. It's half the fun of eating. Hahaha. Hope you have many more trips to Walmart.

Freda, that was a very strange phone call. Wasn't it Mark Twain who said the rumors of his death were greatly exaggerated?

Karen
, you look so comfy in bed there with the "babies." The only one I can snuggle up with is DH.

Our weather has been rotten most of April and the first 2 days of May were nothing but miserable. We had a few snow flurries yesterday but it was a bit warmer today. Every time I go to put on a spring-like article of clothing I put it back in the closet and look for a warm sweater. I didn't walk yesterday as it was raining most of the day (when it wasn't snowing) but I did get in my walk today. Fortunately, walking fast gives the feeling of warmth so it wasn't too bad at all.

This is the first weekend in weeks that I haven't sabotaged myself with an over abundance of eating all day long. I did have some desserts and two good servings of macaroni and cheese but no night eating and none in between meals. I feel as if I haven't undone last week's good. Anyhoo, take care and a big hello to everyone else. Let's make it a good week and a great month.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #9  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Just checking in... nothing to report, though. All is good, no complaints!

Lynn, I'll be so happy to hear your adventures! PT, have a good vacation! All you industrious ones, don't work TOO hard!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #10  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Phew! STILL haven't gotten on the road! Good thing we don't have a plane to catch! Just so much to do...I've ended up doing a massive spring cleaning; might as well when the opportunity presents itself, right? Everything IS about done now - DH is just in the process of washing the kitchen floor, and once that's done and the chairs and such put back at the table, we'll be off. Terrible weather - and flooding - in Ohio, Tennessee, and headed south, according to the weather forecasts. Just what we (don"t) need after what we've already had up here! So far, North Carolina seems safe, and at Sis's elevation, there shouldn't be much of a problem, but getting there could be another matter entirely. My son is headed east and was going to go by Santa Fe and the northern edges of Texas....I hope he's not driving into bad storms.
Well, not much more to report here...just lots of cleaning and dinner yesterday at my daughter's with the twinnies, our granddaughter and my other daughter and grandson. Nice break from cleaning.
Will miss you, too, PT, but we'll be connected anyway, of course.
Bye bye miss American......oops....I meant bye bye GGs!!!! Bobbi, Isabella, Freda, Rosey, Karen, Lynn, Georgia, Gayle, and whoever else hasn't posted lately (or I would immediately remember you, despite my aging memory banks!) and Doris!
Talk to you soon!

Z
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #11  
Isabella

The sun is shining and I walked just about naked. Hahaha. I felt half naked without a coat or long pants.

When I got up this morning I decided to weigh to see if I gained over the weekend and, oh joy, I did not. I was the same as Saturday morning.

I'm going to dig out more weeds today. The front of the house is all done (til they poke their pesky heads up through the soil again) so today I'll start to tackle the jungle in the back.

Catch you all later.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

AKROSEY: When my DH shops he never buys anything extra--can't decide if that's a good thing or not.

Lynn: Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I don't think I'll ever get overseas.

Z: Have a good trip--that weather really looks terrible; I feel so sorry for those people.

Retiredone: I'm always happy when I don't gain over the weekend. I spent 6 hours yesterday pulling weeds in one area. I wish everything grew as well as the weeds.

Have a good day everyone.

Doris
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone, I entered Ginger and Sissy in the "Greenies Show Us Your Pets Healthy Smile" contest. The website is: www.greenies.com and when you get there you can click on the city (Carthage) and you should see photos of Ginger and Sissy. You can vote everyday if you would like to. Just thought that I would share with you.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #14  
Isabella

Hi Karen, I tried to vote but I'm not getting the American site. It automatically reroutes the web page to a Canadian version of the site. Hope the other chicks can vote for your babies.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks isabella--I didn't realize there would be different sites for it.. Hmmm.
Closed Thread