Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm either really late or really early,

Jane: Good for you and your weight loss!

Bonnie: I'm glad your Sunday School class was a success.

Worked out in the yard for 7 hours and now I'm making some health soup. It's got all kinds of veggies in it. I made the whole receipe and it's way too much. Next time I'll cut it in half.

My arms are going to be killing me tomorrow .

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Doris
Old 05-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #92  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! Had to close down one of my stores today, a/c went out getting a new one, the landlord is paying but I will have to repay, but at least I am not adding it to the loan I have to do today for one of my other stores to put in 2 new units! I never ends!!! have a blessed day. tammy
Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #93  

Running 3 stores sound like a crazy hard schedule, Tammy, hope you have good managers.
Nothing much happening here. A rainy kind of depressing day at work. I did eat out, eat slowly, and save over half the meal for tomorrow. Didn't exercise and won't. I am tired.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,
Jane--Congratulations on the loss! I usually use the water weights in the pool and that's like lifting regular weights but easier. Also when I do the machines, it's like lifting weights too. I have to be careful of the weights because I have arthritis in my wrists and knees. I'll never have a body builder body. hehe

It was so cold today, I had to change from shorts to jeans and added a sweatshirt too. Suppose to have one more day like today, very cloudy, the house was so dark. Soon the temps will start to climb.

Made it over to the Y today and did 30 minutes of stretching and hip movements in the water. My knees have been bothering me so I only made it one time last week.

It was a quiet weekend for us, just stayed inside and worked on my projects.

I filled out the bio today. Nice to meet every one and know a little about them.

Scale dropped a bit today, but had a small gain yesterday. Back and forth...story of my life lately. But I'm working on it!! Some of my pants are starting to look big, but the next size down is sometimes to tight.

Even though I'm on a plan that doesn't count calories, I'm starting to do that. Keep thinking that I'm getting to many calories even though I eat the appropriate foods.

CottagebytheSea--Nice to see you! Love your picture of all the flowers.

Everyone have a great week.

Carol
Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning all. I haven't been in much, been busy, we had a lot of rain the last several days, our son cut hay Sun and Mon and I was supposed to rake it today, but it rained early this morning and has just quit, so it will have to wait till tomorrow. my nanny daughter is visiting and going back home today-we have my grand daughter for the day today and are going to run some errands later. I walked this morning in the rain, glad I had put the umbrella back in the truck!
good job with the weight loss Jane!
Tammy you are a busy woman.
This weekend is my grand's 2nd bday and my son-her daddy-will be 30 on Thurs-he is our 'baby'! Going to have a get together on Sat for them.
Well, gotta get moving, I haven't lost any weight, but have made more of an effort this week so far, so am hoping by Friday I will show a loss.
Keep up the good work everyone.
Pam
Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #96  

Good Morning everyone,

We had very light rain yesterday--just enough to get your car dirty. Since we are in the high desert on the eastern side of the Sierras we rarely get those nice steady rains. We haven't geared up for session yet so the days are going by so slowly especially when I think about what I could be doing in my yard.

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

My veggie soup is not any good (lots of veggies, but no meat=no flavor) so if anyone knows of a good recipe can you let me know? I'm eating it because I spent too much money making it. There was a time I would have tossed it, but the money situation is different now.

Have a great day, everyone!

Doris
Old 05-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #97  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Bonnie - glad the SS class was small. Yay for new applicances, especially "green" ones. Remember when green ones meant Avocado Green, haha!

Doris - you can add some beef boullion and spices for flavor to your soup. I like Italian seasonings in mine. If you made too much, maybe you can freeze some. Just a thought. Hope your soreness has worked out some by now.

Tammy - oh dear, I hope the a/c is all fixed by now. Yes, it's always something. We own the house our DD Katie and her DH live in, and between that, and our own home, there is always something needing done. The screens on both of our screened in patios needed replaced in spots. At least that won't be too spendy.

Carol - it's been cold here, too. More like March than May. Calorie counting isn't too bad once you figure up your favorite foods. I calculated our casseroles, and such, and now it's a breeze to do. Good luck with it!

Pam - have fun with your DD and DGD today. It's been rainy here, too, and I'm past ready for sunshine!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I have had the best time reading your bios! You are a very versatile and interesting group of ladies!

Thank you for the kudos on my loss last week.

I got my cholesterol results today. Total was 193, so barely under the line for a healthy level. My triglyceride and LDL levels were just a tad high, so I'm working on getting them down. More oats, less egg yolks, lol.

We're headed to the grands' ballgames tonight, if they don't get rained out. Two of the kiddos are on the same team, and another one will be playing on a different taam, in an adjoining field.

Toodles for now!

Last edited by Jane; 05-18-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #98  

Red face Hello

Hi everyone
I'm having trouble deciding where to post. I think I would fit in here. If you have room.
I'm a 55 year old mother of 2. grandmother to 1. I have lost a lot of weight but still have a lot to go. I need all the support I can get. I've been a member of 3fc for awhile but have been absent lately but I'm ready to get back on track.
I do calorie counting and water areboics at 24hr fitness.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Hello

Just wondering if anyone here is on Ideal Protein program?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #100  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Debbie and Journeysend - to you both!

Debbie - we sure do have room for you, and I'm glad you're here. Being part of a group like this is good for accountability. We'll help you stay focused. I count calories, too. There is a 24/7 fitness place near me, but I don't know if they offer water aerobics. That would be cool to go do that when I want. Maybe I'd actually even go, lol.

Journeysend - I'm not sure if any of the members here do the Ideal Protein WOE or not, but we'll be happy to support you with it, anyway. I used to do WW, then switched to calorie counting, based on whole foods as much as possible.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I've been busy in the house today - I got a wild urge to clean, and thought it best to strike while the iron was hot, lol. Tomorrow I'm making a couple big batches of soup, and also making a cute strawberry dessert for the kiddos when they get here Friday. Here's a link to it:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/appe...y-mice-687541/

Hope you all are having a good week.

Last edited by Jane; 05-19-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #101  

A quick hi as the finale of Modern Family is on tonight and I plan to be relaxing on the chair watching it. I will check out your strawberry recipe as I ordered a few quarts from someone at work whose husband farms. They deliver them the same day fresh picked and yummy.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #102  

Good Morning!

Nothing new here. On one of the other forums someone was asking about sizes. I smugly wrote that I could fit into some of my 12s. Well I tried on some of my Columbia and Woolrich 12 shorts--what a difference! . No vanity sizing there at all to give a false sense of progress. But now I have a new goal to shoot for. I had to break down and get some 14s for my upcoming trip. I didn't want to worry about popping buttons or splitting seams. Or be one of those people that others look at and say "doesn't she look in the mirror before she leaves the house?".

When the farmers market starts in a few weeks I will get some great strawberries, but I can't wait until the Washington cherries are in the stores. My favorite fruit, but such a short season

Well have to start work now; hope everyone has a great day.

Doris
Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'2"

I am new to posting. I think I would fit in with this group. I have about 30lbs to lose and have been working on the same 30 for quite some time. Lose a little, gain alot I do hope to gain some motivation by being in touch with others in the same boat.
Sadiemae2
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Hello

Just wondering if anyone here is on Ideal Protein program?
Hello,
Was reading the posts yesterday and found that there is a thread that supports the Ideal Protein program here. I was reading all the ladies posts. Sounds like everyone was doing pretty well and there was a lot of helpful hints on it.
I thought sent the web site to my daughter.

Carol
Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiemae2 View Post
I am new to posting. I think I would fit in with this group. I have about 30lbs to lose and have been working on the same 30 for quite some time. Lose a little, gain alot I do hope to gain some motivation by being in touch with others in the same boat.
Sadiemae2
Welcome Sadiemae2,
This is the site for encouragement. I'm just like you, been trying to lose the same 25 pounds for 40 years. Ya think I would have learned by now how to get it off and keep it off. But practice makes perfect, right?

What program are you following if any? Everyone on this site does what they think is best for them.

I'm following Wendy Chant Fight the Fat Lose Code, but I still have to tweak the program to fit me and the body. Starting to count calories also, which really isn't in the program, but if it works for me, than it's a good thing. I post on her site here too.

Got over to the Y yesterday to use the treadmill. Did 45 minutes and 2.2 miles @ 3mph. That felt really good. Watched an old Mattlock. Love those reruns.

Got to the pool Monday for 30 minutes and Tuesday for an hour, so I'm resting today.

Have a dentist appt. in about an hour.

Hey, scale is closer to my bee this morning. Yippee!! Pants are getting loser.

Will paint when I get home from the dentist. I've been a slacker not going in my paint room this morning. Did catching up on the computer with letters and FB.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Catch ya all later!
Carol
Closed Thread