Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning,

Tammy: The conditions that Savanah had sounds like a scary scenario. I hope she is better soon! At least she has a good support group.

I'm going to order a 400 calorie cookbook to get dinner ideas . I tried doing the frozen diet food, but there is just too much of it I don't like. Wish I would have figured that out before I loaded up my freezer.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all. Kind of a wasted work morning since two of the kiddies I was suppose to evaluate were out sick. I think this pollen/spring weather has set up a lot of allergy issues for many.

Oprah was wonderful. If any of you are doing any kind of intuitive eating, non counting plans or even if you are on regular diets and know you emotional eat I bet Geneen Roth's new book would be great for you. It's Women, Food, and God. I ordered it so, will be posting stuff about it if you don't get one yourself.

My youngest is coming home for the summer today (from college) so I am very excited. Haven't seen her since we went up there to spend her spring break (Saint Patrick's week) with her.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #78  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Doris and Pam - thank you so much for adding your bios! I feel like I know you better already!

Bonnie - I liked the show, too. Seems Oprah did most of the talking, and Geneen said, "Yes" a lot, lol. When Oprah is all wound up like that, it is hard for her to let the guest speak. I was very touched when Oprah got all choked up about her feelings about being liked/accepted by others. We've all been there, I think. Oh wow, how exciting to have your daughter back for the summer! Any special things planned for while she's home? Would you please fill out a bio, too? I'd love so much to know more about you.

Tammy - oh dear, I sure hope your manager is much better by now. I miss reading your posts when your aren't here. When you get time, would you please fill out a bio, too? As I said to Bonnie, I'd love to know more about you.

Doris - well, one good thing about the frozen dinners you already have is that they will be there in a pinch, when you need them. Yes, we've been several times to WDW with the grands, and another trip is in the works for next Spring. Neal and I are giving the kids gift certificates and park tickets for birthdays and Christmas. Our younger DD, Katie, worked at WDW for a semester in college, and loved it. I am just a big kid at heart, and get so caught up in the magic of Disney.

Hello to all others reading this.

Today I went to a ladies monthly group at my church for the first time, and they celebrated Mother's Day as well as Memorial Day. It was fun. But imagine my delight when one of them said she was glad to see a young one like me there, lol! The group is made up of some of our most senior members, so I guess it's all relative, haha.

This evening is our weekly dinner out with my sisters and their sweeties. That's always fun. I divvy up my calories differently on Thursdays so I can still stay OP, yet not be deprived.

Toodles for now!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

good afternoon, it has been raining heavy here all day, I just got back from an egg delivery and some shopping in town and the ditches and fields were over flowing! I saw the wife of hubby's cousin who died last Thurs in one of the stores, we visited for quite a bit, its just so sad. the rain has let up and I need to go out and get some big bales of hay out with the loader tractor. I made some queso blanco today, white cheese, from some raw milk I had, it looks like it turned out well. I am dealing with another kidney stone, wish it would pass, hate having to take the pain killers.
Jane, its the same when I help out the women at our church, always the youngest, they have their meetings early afternoon and I am usually busy then, but I do go help them out when I can.
My daughter and I took my gd to WDW several years ago, hubby nor gd's mom wanted to go, we had tickets left from when our kids were young that we didn't use, so we just had to buy tickets for gd for one day and me for one day and daughter bought her own, we went in mid January and stayed right at the park, so much cheaper, I would not mind doing that again. maybe when the other grands are older.
i missed Oprah, I do have the book and am reading that along with Fat Chance by Julie Haddon who was a runner up on Biggest Loser a few years ago.
Well, need to get out there and do those chores before the rain returns, I am so glad we haven't planted any crops yet! but this means the hay will need to be cut at the same time we will be planting!
take care. Pam
I don't know if I mentioned that although I have not lost any weight with my walking the last 3 weeks, I didn't get winded when I had to run and chase calves that were out yesterday! and have not had to use my inhaler as often~
Old 05-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #80  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Jane Ok, I am computer stupid, how and where do I fill out a bio AND if you say cut and paste or whatever I need step by step, seriously.

Fell at work today, tipped on hubby's foot, tried to get days off, yeah right!! Knee swollen and hurts, but will be fine, I really am a clutz!

Bonnie I really am looking forward on your comments on the book, hubby and I have a ride home of about an hour so today I am going to be reading to him from the Eden diet book, that way he is driving and can't get away from me and that's his punishment for putting HIS foot in MY way.

God Bless. Tammy
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #81  
GmaTo8

Tammy - I'm giving you the link to the correct thread, which is here at the Age 50+ forum. Once you click on the link, you'll see the first post which I did, and part of it (the black questions) is the form you need to copy and paste.
1. To do that, put your cursor at the beginning of the form, hold down the left mouse button, and drag the mouse all the way down until the whole form (all the questions) turn blue.
2.Then let go of the left mouse button, and click on the right mouse button.
3.Find the word "Copy" and click on that. Then scroll down past the other bios, and hit the reply button just as you always do to post.
4.When you get your blank screen to write in, click the right button on your mouse again, and click on "Paste". Voila! There's what you copied!

It's easy once you do it a time or two. Go ahead and try it. You can't ruin it or anything. If you know how to print this page, you might want to do that so you can follow along as you go.

Once you get the form on your reply page, you can add your own answers.

Here's the link to get you started:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...-chatters-bios.

If you have trouble, Private Message (PM) me, and I can get it done a different way.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Sorry I haven't posted in here for a while. We've been pretty busy getting our garden planted, doing some landscaping, and starting our kitchen remodel, and between work and my other modding duties, I've been swamped! I want to try and get here more often, though, as I miss you all.

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #83  

Happy Friday everyone!

Bonnie: Thanks for the update about the Oprah show. Enjoy your time with your daughter--my boys never came home for summer because of their housing situations. Although one did quit school and then came home for a few years.

Jane: That's a great idea giving WDW tickets for presents. I'll have to remember that in case I ever get any gks. Funny about being the youngster at your meeting. Hope you had fun at your dinner.

Pam: Sorry about your new kidney stone. And it sounds like you're going to have your hands full with your crops. Hope you get the right amount of rain when you need it. Good news about getting in shape; it really doesn't take long I guess

Tammy: Ouch about your foot! Hope you feel better. I fall all the time. I landed on my head falling on ice just before Christmas. At least I didn't break anything--there's just an hour out of my life I don't remember.

Have a great day everyone!

Doris
Old 05-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #84  

Hi all. I filled out the bio Jane. It took me awhile to figure out where it was.

Tonight is our school's Relay for Life. I will probably not come till 9 when the rainstorms chance is done to see the luminaria light up ceremony. I have 2 dear lost friends names on them. I hope my daughter who just got home from college will join me. I should get lots of walking in anyway.

Yesterday evening we took the dogs and the (near enough) grand walking in a local park. Mostly we fed ducks and tried to keep her from falling down in her rainboots as she walked the big dog "by myself" but some walking at least got done.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #85  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Jave I fount it and I did it!!! So disregard the PM. God Bless.

Last edited by TamTam; 05-14-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: can't spell today!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #86  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Pam - yay for you, not getting winded and also for not having to use your inhaler. Things like that tell a more accurate story than the scales, imo. We almost always stay on site, too, at WDW. The only time we didn't was the year we went to Universal, too. Pop Century is our favorite budget resort, and we'll be staying in All Star Movies next Spring, because the kiddos want to stay in the Toy Store building again. Youch, I hope you pass the kidney stone soon, or it dissolves.

Tammy - I don't know why the link doesn't work - it worked for me yesterday, but not now. But I'm glad you found the right place and I loved reading your bio!

Linda - we miss you, too! Neal brought in the first of the lettuce and some radishes today. He says we'll have lots of strawberries for Sunday. Whoot!

Bonnie - I love reading your bio, too! Our county's Relay for Life is this weekend, and my nieces and nephews are so involved with it. I'm going to try and stop by their campsite sometime tomorrow. What a great charity! Sounds like you had lots of fun with your granddaughter. I'll get to see most of my grands tomorrow, and I can barely wait!

Doris - another good idea for presents is gift certificates for the movie theaters. I give them for Halloween, with just a little bit of candy, since the kids get so much candy from everyone else. Goodness knows it costs an arm and a leg to go to the movie nowdays!

Trish - I hope you're enjoying your trip so far! This will be your first time seeing Jaxxon, right? I bet he's a cutie! Check in when you can.

Carol - have you been able to begin your bone strengthening exercises yet? I brought some hand weights into the living room, and use them sporadically. Not good enough, I know.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I got up early and went to town to the lab to get my blood drawn for the fasting cholesterol test. I was starvin' like Marvin by the time I got back home, but I'm glad that part is over. The doctor's office should call with my results by Wednesday.

I will have DGS Jackson most of the day tomorrow, and the rest of the family will be here for a dinner. At some point I need to spiffy up the house. Never ends!

Toodles,
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #87  

Happy Saturday!

Sounds like everyone has big plans for the weekend. I'm not doing much today, I'm hoping for a long walk later today. But tomorrow is a marathon gardening day since DH is going to a ballgame (boys day out-no mom allowed).

Scale showed some movement : I can fit into some shorts if I hold my breath, but now what do I do with that muffin top ? I am breaking down and counting calories because even though I'm eating healthier I think it's easy to go over the limit. But I hate keeping track-probably because I see reality.

DH and I saw the commercial for the new IHOP cream cheese stuffed pancakes and made a bet--I thought 1200 calories and he said 1500. I checked and it was 1476. That would be about the only thing I could eat all day.

Gotta go-trying to get a quick walk in this morning before I hit the stores. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Doris
Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #88  

Good morning - or early afternoon. I have been up awhile, but still online drinking coffee and not showered or dressed. We got rained (well thunder and lighting stormed) out last night, but luckily after most money was raised and the luminaria ceremony and survivor laps were done. I won a raffle basket (actually donated by our group at work- a gardening one.

No plans today except maybe a little shopping. Tomorrow I have bible school by myself (3-5 year olds) because I singed my husband and myself up for all of May and he works every other weekend. Shouldn't say so, but I hope not too many kiddies come. Most weeks it's 4 or 5 but it could be up to 9 or 10 if all came.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #89  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Doris -YAY for the scales showing some improvement! I think you're right to try and keep track of your calories, too, as well as eat healthily. They sure do add up, lol! Yes, I've seen the commercials for those pancakes. I wouldn't waste my calories on it, either. Sometimes I've had 2 small pancakes here at home, where I have portion control, lol.

Bonnie - glad the storm held off until the money was raised. Our relay in town is getting rained out today. Haha, I can't say I blame you for hoping the kid count is low tomorrow, since you'll be by yourself. Shopping for anything special today?

Remember how the scales went up last week, and I knew it was undeserved? Well, it's down 3.4 pounds this week! That brings me to 22.4 gone now. Although I don't like to let the scale affect how I feel, it does anyway.

Jackson is taking a nap, and I've got to go start cooking. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by Jane; 05-15-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #90  

Happy Sunday all. Bible school went well and there were only 4 kids counting my son's gf's little girls (my almost grand) and his gf helped me with the four there were.

Washing clothing on my new (green) applicances. We saved a lot of money buying at that cash for appliance rebate time. Our old set was as old as our marriage! 23 plus years.

Off to read. BB tomorrow.
Closed Thread