Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I haven't been posting here much lately. The weather is just too gorgeous to stay inside, and I keep getting lured outdoors. We got our raised bed planted, and my DH made a greenhouse frame for it with hinges so I can easily raise and lower it as weather permits. It's nice to have a head start on the growing season.

We had a really nice Easter day with all the family here. Our family is growing by leaps and bounds every year, and our little house was really crowded, but I loved it. I sent any leftover desserts home with everyone, and only kept a piece of pie for Jake to enjoy later. That's a good thing, too, because I've had an awful case of the munchies today.

Today was the last day of my vacation, and I went over to the farm this morning to do a little dusting and vacuuming and restock the refrigerator with groceries. They were due to get in around 7 this evening, and I know they're all going to be tired and weary after traveling for so long, so I'll wait and see everyone tomorrow. I can't wait, though. I've really missed them all!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have given my notice as a moderator. After giving it a lot of thought, I know that I need to spend less time in front of the computer, and more time focusing on "real life".

It has been great getting to know you, and I wish each of you the very best.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Jane--Sorry to hear you're giving up the moderator position, but do know it takes a lot of time on in front of the computer saying something to all the posts. You will be missed!!

I've been MIA because of so many orders I've had lately and just haven't had time to get on. Had time tonight and thought I lost the thread.

I post on LCF site also, doing Wendy Chant's plan.

I've been busy working on 2 signs for a friend, so I'm on a roll getting my projects painted. Today I did "Beware!, Mosquitoes" and "Herbs Make Good "Scents". My friend has a lovely garden and lives in Louisiana near a couple of bayous. She'll put the signs in her garden.

They go walking and see alligators on their walk sometimes! Yikes! They have the cutest green little tree frogs that climb up her house. She's always sending me pictures of different things. Haven't figured out what month would be the best of us to visit. I'm not that much of a "country girl", but do want to go visit this summer or early fall. Takes 3 days driving and 2 nights on the road getting there.

Still trying to lose my last 12 pounds, I gained 2 pounds and keep hoping I can get back to where I was. I think warmer weather will help with that.

Nice to see all the new ladies posting.

Everyone have a great week and hope the weather is getting warmer for all of you.

Carol
Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #34  

Jane, I'm going to miss you so much, dear friend! Families are our Number One priority, though, and I understand. Do try to stop in and visit every now and then, though, OK?

Carol, I'm glad your crafting keeps you busy. I wish I had more time for it. That should be fun, visiting your Louisiana friend. Those green frogs sound cute, but I'd be scared to death of seeing an alligator close-up! I think I'd wait to go until at least after the summer, since I know the heat and humidity can get pretty oppressive.

We have a few thunderstorms in the area this morning, but they should be out of here soon and it's supposed to be another warm, sunny day. At least I won't have to go out and water the garden today. I'm looking forward to seeing my 2nd family today and hearing all about their vacation. The girls will be going back to school, and I hope they won't be suffering too much from jet-lag.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-06-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Jane -You were a good moderator. You welcomed me, and commented on each and every post in a positive manner. I hope losing you as a moderator does not mean that you will stop posting on the 50+ forum.

Your comments are always welcomed.

I can appreciate your desire to get back to 'real life'.
I believe that balance in all things is necessary for a rewarding life.

good luck and stay in touch
Coralee
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

I too, hope to see Jane posting, I can understand the need to not spend so much time on the computer, I have a big problem with that. So I try to limit myself, but often find an hour has gone by and here I sit! take care Jane.
I have been gone for a few days, a trip with our girls, we visited the Arch in St Louis and then took the river road back north, spent some time in Moline (John Deere Pavillion). Now its back to reality, and getting ready to start farming.
I will try to catch up some!
Pam
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #37  

Went to the beach today with my DeP. Well not the beach a county park on the bay. Got my first sunburn of the season. You would think that someone who has lived here for over 30 years would figure out the need for sun sreen, but nooooooo!

My body is not happy about the current weight loss and is holding onto the fat.
grrrrrrr.
the dreaded plateau approaches.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much for the nice comments, and the heartfelt PMs you've sent. I will still post here, just not as moderator.

Carol - I like the signs you're painting. One I saw in a little shop somewhere said, Garden of Weedin' and I thought that was really cute, too. Congrats to you on getting down to your last 12 pounds. They say the last bit is the hardest to lose, not that I have personal experience with that.

Linda - I bet the 2nd family were so glad to see you, too! What did the mom (her name escapes me) have to say about the newly re-arranged cabinets?

Coralee - yowza, girlfriend, be careful with those sunburns. Don't want to encourage skin cancer. Sometimes a person can shake up a plateau by varying/increasing their exercise. Somewhere around these boards, there is a good thread on breaking plateaus. I'll see if I can find it for you and maybe you can avoid one all together!

Pam - my DH, son, and his SO are going to St. Louis in August. I've visited before, but it's been years. Sounds like you had a great time. My hubby would have loved the John Deere thingy.

I've been trying to spend as much time outdoors as possible this week. The birds and fresh air and everything getting green does wonders for a person's soul.

We will have fresh lettuce and radishes soon. Good and healthy! I've been OP, but need to exercise more.

How has your week been?

Last edited by Jane; 04-08-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #39  

Jane, I'm glad you're back to posting in here! I try to limit my computer time, too, but it's funny how time flies in internet land. Cindy was ecstatic with all the organizing I did while they were gone, and she promises to keep up with it. I'm getting my radish seeds planted this weekend, and can't wait til I can be enjoying salads fresh from my garden, too. It's a shame that the tomatoes and cukes don't come in until much later in the season though.

Carol, that's fantastic that you're down to your last few pounds! Congratulations!

Coralee, I agree with Jane, be careful in the sun. I hope you have some nice, cool aloe gel to soothe that sunburn. I can't wait to get to the beach this year! I'd love to be able to live right on the coast. Good luck breaking through that plateau!

Pam, it sounds like a nice trip. Can you climb all the way through the Arch? I hope to visit there one day. I bet it's a busy time of year on the farm right now with the planting season getting underway.

I've been trying to get outside and enjoy this glorious weather as much as possible, and working in the garden. Our cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, lettuce and chard are flourishing, and I'm hoping the weather stays mild. I want to get my radish, carrot and beet seeds in this weekend, and I can cover them if we have a threat of frost. I may run out to the garden center today or tomorrow to look for some rhubarb plants, as that's one of my favorites, and I can't wait to get a nice patch of that established. Sometime today, I want to just curl up with my book and read, too.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #40  

It has turned cold here in Michigan, but only for a few days and then back to the 60's. I had hoped to walk outside, but after making too many excuses, I was back on the treadmill after several weeks off.
When you go up in the Arch you ride up in little enclosed cars, just room enough for 5 people. I was glad there was no wind that day.
I am going to take some extra eggs I have to the food bank this morning and pick up some meds, blood pressure and thyroid, I am hoping with more weight loss I will lose the blood pressure med, but since I had thyroid surgery almost 30 yrs ago I don't think I can ever go off the thyroid med. next week is blood work and a ct scan for on my kidneys-I had surgery just over 2 months ago to remove 3 large kidney stones-I have an appt. with my urologist next Fri. and with my family doc later on. I am hoping to have several months of no dr appts!
I am not a big fan of tomatoes, but love fresh cukes!! I need to get a new garden spot worked up, my former one is now a chicken pen and I planted a bunch of iris someone gave me in the rest of the old spot.
I have been on a major house cleaning 'binge' getting rid of lots of 'stuff' that hasn't been used in years, sure hope some one can use it, it is going to Good will.
Well, I gotta get moving, take care all!
Pam
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #41  

thanks for the comments about the sunburn. I lost a dear friend to skin cancer a few years back, so I usually am careful. I thought I could get away with a UV index of 7 ...couldn't.
thanks for the tip about exercise. gardened for 35 mins. today. Finally got the dead wood removed from a plumbago bush/hedge. Now I have to encourage the hedge to regrow. tried to cut down a volunteer live oak and ran out of steam. will do more tomorrow.

Janeyou came back yay!
Pambyup 60 is cold. too cold for me. do you know about freecycle.com? it is a web site that allows people to recycle stuff and not have to transport it anywhere. I have eliminated some stuff and am about to get rid of more. something about spring makes you want to have a fresh start.
carol I live in 'gator country too. Haven't seen any lately and don't hear them mating anymore (they bellow) because of the deafness. really really interesting critters.
hope everyone else is having a good day.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #42  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Jane Glad we are not losing you for good!!
I hope you all have a blessed day! Tammy
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #43  

It's a sunny but chilly Sunday morning here. DH and I spent most of the day yesterday working in our vegetable garden and front lawn. Our lawn was completely dug up while the water crew was repairing the broken pipe back in February, and now we have to redo the foundation plantings and rebuild the edging wall, and we're also putting down sod for an instant lawn. I'm putting in some onion sets and planting radish, carrot and beets today, too. I'm thrilled that a friend's father dug up some established rhubarb plants from his garden for me, and now I have a nice patch of my own.
My son and DIL will be over with the grandkids later today, and I think we're going to fire up the BBQ grill for dinner.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #44  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all! Well yesterday was soooo busy, did not get to eat much during the day, but after Confirmation had supper with my prayer partner and over did it, but it was such a joy to meet her. Hope you all have a blessed day.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #45  

good morning, its a sunny day here but a bit chilly. We did our grocery shopping Sat evening and bought lots of healthy stuff, plain almonds and walnuts, oranges, grapes and apples to snack on along with veggies I need to clean and chop up. I am going to make some pot pies-we have a young lady in our church who is due to have a baby soon, she already has twins-almost 3 yrs old-I will take them over to her. We finally bought a new pickup we have been looking for weeks, I am glad to have that done, we will pick it up on Wed.
This is a very busy time for everyone, I am sure, gardening, yard cleanup from winter, etc. I need to get busy out there too!
Hope you all have a great week.
Pam
Closed Thread