3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Quilters, Crafters, and Chatters for Weight Loss #2

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #46

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,
Sounds like we're all getting back into our routines and going strong on Crack!
I've been doing good for my 7th week. I was a little afraid having bread (I like the EZ bread for my starch 2 times a day) but so far this week has not been bad.

I'm trying the Safflower oil, been 2 days. Will keep you posted. I like to put the 2 tsp in a bowl, add a bit of garlic salt, fresh ground Italian seasoning, and a little basil. Mix it up and pour it on my EZ bread I have with lunch. Very tasty. If I was having a salad, you could just pour it over the fixin's and add the spices and vinegar and that would work too. But it really perks up the sandwich.

I was able to stay in my room and paint most of the morning. Finished a project I had to get done. Now I can work on something else. I think a couple light switches next.

Does any one know if we're suppose to keep on losing in the 7th & 8th weeks. Or are we suppose to maintain? I plan on starting over after next week. Still have a few pounds to go.

cottage--I love to do puzzle too, so relaxing sitting there hunting for the right piece. We have a tradition that a puzzle be set up on the card table for Christmas. I usually get it started earlier in the week. Then after guests arrive, they all work on the puzzle taking turns. I always said there wouldn't be diner till the puzzle was finished, so everyone worked really hard. It didn't have to many pieces, but it got the guests and kids talking and visiting and hunting for the perfect piece. Everyone has fun, and they usually get it finished by the time dinners on the table.

Everyone have a wonderful Friday!
Carol
Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #47
Find your path

Hi all,

LindaH - you are most welcome.

Carol - wow, I love your Christmas tradition with the puzzle! How cool is that!! Funny thing - when my DD Mary & her hubby bought a house last June, she took off a painted light switch cover that wouldn't match her decor, but it matches my guest room perfectly, so I snagged it.

I did not get my mending done yesterday. Today doesn't look good for it, either.

Have a good Friday.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #48

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jane, sorry you didn't get your sewing alterations done yet. I have a top that I really like, but I don't like the collar on it and am thinking of just taking it off but I'm afraid of ruining it. But on the other hand, if I won't wear it now because of the collar, there's no loss if I mess it up, is there? I haven't seen the Gooseberry Patch puzzles, but I'll have to check them out since I love anything Gooseberry Patch. Thanks for the recommendation.

Carol, I think that's a great idea to set up a puzzle for over the holidays. If I had more room to keep a card table up and the smaller grandkids away from it, I'd like to do that, too.

I usually have Fridays off, so I'm just getting into my 3-day weekend mode. This morning I have laundry going, and just finished doing a quick dusting and vacuuming. Now the rest of the day is mine to do spend how I want. I'm going to get a nice walk in right before lunch, and spend the afternoon with my book and maybe a bit of sewing.

Hi Jo, LindaH, Trish, and Marie! I hope you all have a great weekend planned!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Jane, sorry you didn't get your sewing alterations done yet. I have a top that I really like, but I don't like the collar on it and am thinking of just taking it off but I'm afraid of ruining it. But on the other hand, if I won't wear it now because of the collar, there's no loss if I mess it up, is there? I haven't seen the Gooseberry Patch puzzles, but I'll have to check them out since I love anything Gooseberry Patch. Thanks for the recommendation.

Carol, I think that's a great idea to set up a puzzle for over the holidays. If I had more room to keep a card table up and the smaller grand kids away from it, I'd like to do that, too.

I usually have Fridays off, so I'm just getting into my 3-day weekend mode. This morning I have laundry going, and just finished doing a quick dusting and vacuuming. Now the rest of the day is mine to do spend how I want. I'm going to get a nice walk in right before lunch, and spend the afternoon with my book and maybe a bit of sewing.

Hi Jo, LindaH, Trish, and Marie! I hope you all have a great weekend planned!
Cottage--Wonderful! A 3-day weekend for you. Enjoy!!

If you start the tradition of the puzzle, try a small one so the little ones can join in as well. I use the 250 or 550 piece puzzles the most. Go for some that the kids would love to work on, maybe with larger pieces. My daughter got me Frosty the Snowman this year. Came in a nice tin box.

Jane--I'm going to have to look for Gooseberry Patch puzzles. I love Gooseberry Patch anything!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!

Carolis
Old 01-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #50
cajungirl64

S/C/G: 181/174/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Cottage-Carolis-Jane and anyone else I might have missed.
I'm starting tomorrow on week #3. Looks like I'll be getting a few more days with starches in them. Me and starches don't get along very well so I hope and pray I can do this without any gains? I'll keep y'all posted.

Everyone have a super week. I'll try and post again later in the week. I'm retired so my days are not extremely exciting and especially with it being winter/cold/rainy, etc, I stay in most days and either crochet or embroider something. But I'm thankful for each day the Lord gives me.
Blessings everyone,
Linda H.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #51

S/C/G: 150/127/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quilting? Did I just stumble into heaven, or what? You have a thread on hand crafting here? That's wonderful.

I just finished my third quilt for my nephew's baby shower. After opening so many store purchased clothing and gifts, the buzz in the living room went silent. I peeked in from the kitchen to see my quilt which my nephew's wife had just opened. I heard the Ooo's and Aaah's and felt so happy.

What a moment! It was worth every bit of the large amount of time of loving work that went into making it. I had the baby's name in large pink block letters made with fabric and 9 patch squares alternating with doggie squares in blues, pinks and purples.

Wishing everyone the very best.

Theresa
Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
Quilting? Did I just stumble into heaven, or what? You have a thread on hand crafting here? That's wonderful.

I just finished my third quilt for my nephew's baby shower. After opening so many store purchased clothing and gifts, the buzz in the living room went silent. I peeked in from the kitchen to see my quilt which my nephew's wife had just opened. I heard the Ooo's and Aaah's and felt so happy.

What a moment! It was worth every bit of the large amount of time of loving work that went into making it. I had the baby's name in large pink block letters made with fabric and 9 patch squares alternating with doggie squares in blues, pinks and purples.

Wishing everyone the very best.

Theresa
Oh Theresa, Your quilt sounds like a lot of love went into every stitch. It will be a treasured forever, I'm sure!!
Watching the rain and painting right now.
Carolis
Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #53

Hi Carolis:
The young mom-to-be told me she'll take photos of it in use. Her unborn little angel will be my sister's second granddaughter.

Congratulations on your 15 pound weight loss. When I had loss 14 pounds, I placed two 7 pound bags of kitty litter on each shoulder and walked around the house. I looked strange, but it was such a relief to put those weights down. It truly brought home the message that dropping 14 pounds feels so good.

It's snowing here in Maine for a second day in a row. But I braved the weather and went to the grocery store.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #54
Find your path

Hi all,

Linda - yes, you are right about the top, and I think you should take off the collar. Like you said, since you aren't wearing it now anyway, it wouldn't be much of a loss if you ruined it. But I bet you'll do a fine job! Did you mention which book you're reading?

Carol - it's rainy here today, and was so foggy yesterday that we lost our tv signal. I'm ready for lots of sunshine! How's the painting coming along?

LindaH - what are you embroidering? I used to do a lot of that years ago - pillow cases, dresser scarves, etc. How are you and starches getting along?

Theresa - to our little corner of 3FC!! I think you will like it here! The quilt you made sounds just beautiful! Show us a picture, if you'd like. When is the little one due? Did you get much snow?

I've sort of been in a funk, due mainly, I think, to the dreary weather. So I've got all the lights on, and will turn on some cheerful music when I'm off the computer. Later, I'm having lunch with a good friend, and we always find something to laugh about.

Have a good day!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #55

Hi Jane: What a beautiful colored welcome you gave me. Yes, we received a tremendous amount of snow, perhaps a total of 16 inches what with two days and nights of snowing. It's absolutely beautiful outside, but lots of cleaning up to do.

I need to learn how to place photos on this site. I'm slightly overwhelmed just learning to navigate.

I don't know which is best, to post a quick reply, or to click on the button: "Post reply" or to include the person's quote.

Little Ayla Marie is due February 18th.

The doe in my avitar loves to visit hoping to find fresh bread which I place in the bird feeder on that tree behind her. I had the awesome once-in-a-lifetime privilege of watching her give birth right on our property last spring. The fawn was adorable and able to get up and go hide in the tall grass. I couldn't believe that she'd deliver so close to our home. Now I see hoof prints in the snow, so she must be still checking out the bird feeder. I will be knee deep in snow today, but must put out more bread for her.
Theresa
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #56
Find your path

Theresa - if you click on the Post Reply button, you can then scroll down and see the past posts. Very handy! That also eliminates the need to quote anyone. Very handy way to add bolds, colors, attachments, etc too. The easiest way to show a photo is to click on the Manage Attachments link underneath the box you type in during a reply. It's user friendly, too. Is the baby's name pronounced "eye-la"? That's beautiful! Oh my goodness - what a wonder it would be to see a doe give birth! She must feel very comfortable and secure in your presence. We have deer close by, and I got a photo of 2 of them cutting right through the yard winter before last! Again, I am so very glad you joined us, and look forward to knowing you better.

A big hello to anyone reading this.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #57

Hi Jane:

I am keeping a copy of of your instructions to learn. Thank you so much.

I'd never heard this lovely name before. It's pronounced with a hard A

A-la It's so very different from the good old fashioned names my mom and sisters and I selected for our children.

Last edited by Theresa : 01-20-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #58
Find your path

Hi all,

Teresa - what a beautiful sounding name!

Where is everyone? Busy, busy, busy with life, I suppose. I know how it is, and sometimes wish there were more hours in the day!

Today is DD Mary's birthday, and although the official celebration isn't until tomorrow night, we met in town for lunch and shopping. I had lots of fun, and so did she.

Have a good weekend, ladies!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #59

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Theresa! It's nice to meet you! The quilt you're making for your sister's new grandbaby sounds lovely and something she'll treasure forever.

It's been a pretty hectic week, taking care of 2 little girls sick with the stomach flu, and I spent today trying to catch up on my own housework and bill-paying. I was finished by noon, though, and had the rest of the afternoon to curl up with my book until DH got home, and took me out for a nice dinner. I stayed totally on-plan, declining appetizers and the bread basket, and even dessert, and had just one glass of wine.

Jane, the book I just finished was firefly lane, by Kristen Hannah. It was a powerful story that I totally enjoyed, and could hardly put the book down. I started reading The Help, by Kathryn Stockett today, and am about 1/3 of the way through already, it's that good.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #60
Find your path

Hi all,

Linda - I read The Help as an ebook, and enjoyed every minute of it! Some parts of it made me sad just to think about, because even though the book is fiction, those things really did happen that way, and worse. I just picked up a book by Kristen Hannah yesterday! It's called True Colors. What a coincidence! We are more alike than I knew. Right now I'm rereading Scarlett, but True Colors is next for me.

Hello also to Teresa, LindaH., Carol, Kim, Trish, Marie, JoJo, and anyone else reading this.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. DGD Makenzie stayed over last night, to my immense joy! After church and Sunday dinner, I'm going to give her her 1st scrapbooking lesson. I'll take her picture with a finished page and share here.

Have a blessed day!

Last edited by Jane : 01-24-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.