3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Quilters, Crafters, and Chatters for Weight Loss #2

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
cajungirl64

S/C/G: 181/174/160

Height: 5'7"

Marigrace! Have a great day. I'm heading for 64 (by the grace of God) I don't feel old?? I still feel kinda young. I'm with jojojo, it's just a number.

Carolis: You are way sweet Yes I would love to show some pics of my dolls, only I don't even know how to get all the cool colors with the letters like Kim does or some of the other ladies do. I'm soooo generic Thanks for
welcoming me dear friend, but I think I'm blushing I better not let all those compliments go to my head.... Thanks for being my friend all these years!

Kim: I posted the recipe. Thanks for making a place to post them. You are doing great, we all are.... Have a warm and blessed day everyone.
Linda H. (cajungirl)
Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #32
Find your path

Hello all,

Marie - A very happy belated birthday to you!! I hope you had fun yesterday, and got to spend it with those you love.

Kim - you can make 2010 the year you get going on the craft room! I think we're all guilty of letting some of our projects lag from time to time. Yay for your success OP.

Carol - it's wonderful to have a friend for that long. Even better when you are posting here together! The good think about being online here is that we're all so close, and you don't have to feel so isolated.

LindaH - to get options when you post, make sure you aren't using Quick Reply. Instead, click on the small Post Reply button on the left hand side under the last person's post. This also will allow you to scroll down through the other posts of that thread.

Jo - hope all went well with the eye doctor and the water softener. It's amazing how much less soap, etc we use with soft water, isn't it?

Trish - hope all is well for you.

Hi to anyone else reading this.

Tomorrow I'm taking off early with 6 y/ogranddaughter Macy out of town, and we're staying over for 1 night. We plan to shop until we drop, which shouldn't be too long in my case, lol. Anyway, I'll check in Sunday.

Have a good weekend, and stay warm!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #33
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajungirl64 View Post
Kim: I posted the recipe. Thanks for making a place to post them. You are doing great, we all are.... Have a warm and blessed day everyone.
Linda H. (cajungirl)
Linda! I'll go check it out! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Hello all,
Kim - you can make 2010 the year you get going on the craft room! I think we're all guilty of letting some of our projects lag from time to time. Yay for your success OP.
Jane!
2010 has GOT to be the year I get back in THAT room and get my sanity BACK!

Last edited by PrairieChick : 01-08-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #34

S/C/G: 238/214.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Hello Everyone

To all the Newbies. Glad to have you here. I've got to go back and read so I can get to know all of you.

I also see there are a few who have had B'days so let me wish each of
A Very

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Tony had a doctor's appointment on 12/30/09 and it was decided to do some tests to see why he feels that his food isn't moving through his body fast enough. The colostomy turned out good, but the cat scan (according to technician) shows there might be a blockage. We will know more when Tony has follow up appt next Tuesday. I am staying OP through this. See no reason to go off. Not much crafts going on right now.

Jane - How is the snow your way. Last I heard from the kids in Columbus they had 3" so far yesterday. We didn't get the snow we thought we might get, but it is really cold here. Didn't get above 34 today.

Y'all stay warm and safe.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #35

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Hi Trish,
Thank you for the birthday wish.
Marie

My etsy shop :
www.etsy.com/shop/moxiealleysoaps?ref=si_shop
Old 01-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #36
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Hi Trish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
I'm sorry I haven't been around much. Tony had a doctor's appointment on 12/30/09 and it was decided to do some tests to see why he feels that his food isn't moving through his body fast enough. The colostomy turned out good, but the cat scan (according to technician) shows there might be a blockage. We will know more when Tony has follow up appt next Tuesday. I am staying OP through this. See no reason to go off. Not much crafts going on right now.
Sorry to hear Tony is having probems - I hope things get cleared up soon!

on staying on plan!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #37
cajungirl64

Quote:
Hello all,

Marie - A very happy belated birthday to you!! I hope you had fun yesterday, and got to spend it with those you love.

Carol - it's wonderful to have a friend for that long. Even better when you are posting here together! The good think about being online here is that we're all so close, and you don't have to feel so isolated.

LindaH - to get options when you post, make sure you aren't using Quick Reply. Instead, click on the small Post Reply button on the left hand side under the last person's post. This also will allow you to scroll down through the other posts of that thread.

Jo - hope all went well with the eye doctor and the water softener. It's amazing how much less soap, etc we use with soft water, isn't it?

Trish - hope all is well for you.

Hi to anyone else reading this.

Tomorrow I'm taking off early with 6 y/ogranddaughter Macy out of town, and we're staying over for 1 night. We plan to shop until we drop, which shouldn't be too long in my case, lol. Anyway, I'll check in Sunday.

Have a good weekend, and stay warm!
Thanks Jane for the info. I will try it out. Say, how do I go about getting my tracker? Monday will be my 20 days.
Thanks again,
Linda H. (cajungirl)
Old 01-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #38
Find your path

Hi all,

Kim - I hear ya, hon! 2010 has to be my year for several things, lol.

Trish - we got about 2" of snow here, but what's worse is the extreme cold. Brrr! The wind chill has averaged 3 degrees in the past few days. I've been wearing lots of layers when I've been out. A big YAY for you, staying OP throughout a stressful situation! Way to go! Please let us know about Tony asap, ok? I'll put him on my prayer list.

LindaH - to get a weight tracker, click on the link above in the purple/blue bar that says "Quick Links". About 1/2 way down, you'll see the link for it.

Marie - how are you doing?

Hi to Carol, Linda, Jo, and anyone else reading this.

I had fun in Evansville with granddaughter Macy. I was in search of some DVDs to replace some of my favorite VHS movies, and found quite a few of them. Also found some silk ivy strands for on top of my bookcases that doesn't look fake at all, and a really cool navy blue purse, and that wasn't easy, since navy isn't a hot color right now, lol. Even though it was only for 1 night, I was glad to get back. No place like home!

I ate too much, but am back OP now.

I hope all of you have had a good weekend!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #39

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

OK...getting some things on Etsy again...and doing alot of posting around this site...and then there is penty of life stuff too...

My etsy shop :
www.etsy.com/shop/moxiealleysoaps?ref=si_shop
Old 01-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #40
cajungirl64

HI everyone: Hope you all are staying warm and toasty today. I'm doing my 2nd. week and am so excited. I lost 7 pounds the first week. Well, I just wanted to say hello and send blessings your way today. We are all doing great on this WOE. We can do this!
Linda H. (cajungirl)
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #41

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing.

I've gotten drawn in by a jigsaw puzzle that my DH is working on, and that's been occupying a lot of my time. We're almost finished it, but he just came home with an even larger one. It makes for a pleasant pastime to while away the long winter nights, though.

The weather is supposed to be warmer for the next several days, and maybe I can get motivated to get out and start walking again. I've really been lacking in the exercise department. We've been looking at a Wii with the Wii Fit Plus package after hearing so many friends raving about it, but I'm afraid to put out so much money and then maybe get bored with it after a few months like all the other exercise equipment I've wasted money on. DH said maybe I can pick up one cheap when the yard sales start up again.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great day and keep well!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #42

S/C/G: 238/214.8/135

Height: 5'2'

A quick flyby to say hi and let you know that Tony's came back and he is fine. The doctor thinks the things he is experience is a side affect of the pain meds he is own. So Tony will have to cut way back on them or find something else to use. BSF this morning so I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes.

Y'all have a great day.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #43
Happy Member

Checking in -

The weather has moderated a bit here in central Wyoming, and we are having another absolutely beautiful winter day. Much of the snow has left us, maybe we are getting ourselves ready for another winter storm? Who knows. But today is a day to enjoy and cherish.

We recently adopted two cats from the Humane Society, and they are settling in nicely. Our sweet old boy cat, Jethro, departed this life last June and the time had come to open our home to more felines.

Eating has been OK, exercise has been OK, water intake is OK. Life is good, enjoy.

Breast Cancer Survivor
86 years old
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #44
Find your path

Hi all,

Marie - yeah, plenty of "life stuff" keeps us busy. Not enough hours in the day, sometimes!

LindaH - a big whoo hoo to you for your loss! Keep up the good work!

Linda - Neal works jigsaw puzzles all winter long. Have you ever seen the Gooseberry Patch ones? I have several of those, including a quilting/craft room scene, canning jars at a kitchen sink, a picnic at a barn site, a yard sale at the same barn, and a couple of others. I think you can check out the Wii Fit disc at the library to try before you buy. I definitely recommend the Wii game system. Neal and I and our friends, and of course the grands, have so much fun with it!

Trish - I'm so happy to know Tony's tests came back ok! Hopefully, the medicine can be adjusted to help.

Jo - I love your positive outlook on life! Our pets have all come from the Pet Port, or strays that we have taken in. Please post photos of your cats, if you'd like.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

My crafting/sewing today is going to be altering a shirt neckline, and hemming some pants. The top neck has no collar, and is just too large. It shows too much of my back and so I've never worn it, even though I really, really like it. The pants are Talls, and boy, are they LONG, lol. I need a little more length than most, but not that much, lol. So I'm going to cut off the hem that's there, and then re-hem them.

We do what we can to keep our hands busy, right?

Have a good day!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #45
cajungirl64

Quote:
Hi all,

Marie - yeah, plenty of "life stuff" keeps us busy. Not enough hours in the day, sometimes!

LindaH - a big whoo hoo to you for your loss! Keep up the good work!

Linda - Neal works jigsaw puzzles all winter long. Have you ever seen the Gooseberry Patch ones? I have several of those, including a quilting/craft room scene, canning jars at a kitchen sink, a picnic at a barn site, a yard sale at the same barn, and a couple of others. I think you can check out the Wii Fit disc at the library to try before you buy. I definitely recommend the Wii game system. Neal and I and our friends, and of course the grands, have so much fun with it!

Trish - I'm so happy to know Tony's tests came back ok! Hopefully, the medicine can be adjusted to help.

Jo - I love your positive outlook on life! Our pets have all come from the Pet Port, or strays that we have taken in. Please post photos of your cats, if you'd like.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

My crafting/sewing today is going to be altering a shirt neckline, and hemming some pants. The top neck has no collar, and is just too large. It shows too much of my back and so I've never worn it, even though I really, really like it. The pants are Talls, and boy, are they LONG, lol. I need a little more length than most, but not that much, lol. So I'm going to cut off the hem that's there, and then re-hem them.

We do what we can to keep our hands busy, right?

Have a good day!
Jane, thanks for all your help, I so appreciate it!
Linda H.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.