Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #46  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Bobbi, from now on, I'm going to start eating "mindfully". Now that makes sense to me.

Okay, I can't seem to get this pic small enough to put into my avatar, but I'll try again later. In the meantime, here's me with my new hair...

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frizzy me.jpg (95.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Zoe, Love the picture. I always say I'm going to let my hair grow out but then I just can't! I just cut mine right before Christmas again. And what is weird I had had a permanent not to long before I decided to get it cut---- wish I would have decided that before spending the money for a perm!!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #48  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, Isabella.... I redownloaded Firefox, so I'm up to date. However, it still isn't working. No biggie. I have the same problem with Juno email. I have to use IE in order to have the enhanced email; there's no editing available with Firefox there, either. Weird and strange! I haven't heard back from the webmaster. Where does he/she respond? To my home email or to the private message area or where?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #49  
Donna

Zoe, you look just like I imagined you to look. Good picture!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #50  

Hi everyone..here its evening and i piddeled the day away,reading The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher..luv her books..and i got flowers from my dh for no speacial reason today..hope your days was sp too..i lov all the diff and the sameness about all of us..luv the hair ella.. i cut and perm my own..sometimes it turns out great and sometimes i wear a scarf for awhile have agreat evening rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-04-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #51  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Been there, done that!

I thought you would want to know about this c-nile virus. Even the most advanced programs from Norton or McAfee cannot take care of this one.
It appears to affect those who were born prior to 1960.
Symptoms:
1. Causes you to send the same e-mail twice. Done that!
2. Causes you to send a blank e-mail! That too!
3. Causes you to send e-mail to the wrong person. Yep!
4. Causes you to send it back to the person who sent it to you. DUH!
5. Causes you to forget to attach the attachment. Well darn!
6. Causes you to hit "SEND" before you've finished. Oh no - not again!
7. Causes you to hit "DELETE" instead of "SEND."
and I just hate that!
8. Causes you to hit "SEND" when you should "DELETE." Oh No!
IT IS CALLED THE "C-NILE VIRUS."
hmm......Have I already sent this to you?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #52  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
A good day to stay home, cold again. I'm going down to exercise on my new stepper today, it doesn't measure miles like I'd hoped. It does calories burned, steps and time.
Zoe, nice perm! Can you just wash and go? I ate mindful the rest of the day too, I didn't inhale my supper last night.
Isabella...Good thing we don't eat together, we'd be competing for the fastest eater. I'm always done before hubby, I think eating fast comes from childhood. We always had our big meal at 6 pm sharp, all 7 of us. If you didn't grab, you got the smallest piece, same for second helping of side dishes. I carried that habit to high school where we had very little time to eat. I'm thinking I don't enjoy eating that much and I need to savor food. Hard habit to break but I'm trying.
Quote:
Hahahaha, Bobbi. I eat with a vengeance. Food in, chomp, chomp, chomp, swallow, repeat. DH eats so slowly. I'm always finished before him, looking around for something else to eat to keep me occupied while he finishes.

Lynn...How's the eye coming? I changed my walking across the country as you suggested. I put all the small towns in that are on my journey. I'm going to see what's interesting about the towns and look forward to reaching them. This is a great motivator to get moving, I'm so glad you started this.

Jess...I was having problems with this site and someone suggested I switch over to Firefox. That worked great but wouldn't work with my greeting cards program. So I switched back and I did eventually get a message from 3FC's and they solved my problem.
Quote:
.... I redownloaded Firefox, so I'm up to date. However, it still isn't working.
Rosey, I read that book years ago, they made a movie out of it too. Did you see the movie? Great book!
Quote:
The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher..luv her books..and i got flowers from my dh for no speacial reason

Hey Karen, why aren't you joining us on the walk across the country. You could journey back to Colorado and see what's happening with your house. Have you sold it yet?
That invitation goes to everyone who wants to do something different with your exercise. Let's all get moving!
Hi Glynne, Deena, Freda, hmmmmmmm...who am I missing? Carol, Kim, ?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #53  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

I stayed home almost all day yesterday. I finally feel good enough to get some things done, so I just "piddled" around. Feels good to be able to do what I want. And Drive!! I can get out alone again! The Dr. didn't want me to walk for exercise yet, so i've just been lifting my weights, but today i'm going to get on the bike for a bit. I know it won't be long!!! I haven't exercised in so long my legs will be mush. Got to start toning up again, shorts season is just around the corner. I know, hard to imagine with it this cold and with all the snow on the ground, but spring will be here soon.

Z, You look great! Just like I imagined too, wise, sophisticated, worldly.

Bobbi, Mindly eating is something to aspire to. I think a lot of us just eat so fast we don't the pleasure from food that we should, that is why we just keep shoveling it down. And by the time we feel full, we're stuffed! So, from now on, mindful eating.

Lynn, where are you? I do hope you are feeling well.

Isabella, You mentioned Ketones in one of your posts. Usually, if you drink enough, you won't have to worry about ketones.

Rosey, Flowers for no reason? Aren't you the lucky lady!!

Karen, Are you feeling better? And I know you are in that woman cave at least a few min. every day, right? How is your son doing?

Donna, All this talk of technical stuff! You are just losing me! In my next life I want to be a geek!

Make it a good day,

Freda
Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning Everyone,

Anticipating a FUN day. My favorite great-niece (OK to have favorites for nieces, yes?) is coming to visit and I am taking her to a restaurant that specialized in grilled cheese sandwiches (30 on menu + a grilled cheese special everyday). I am trying to plan my day's meals so that I can eat a sandwich and stay within my calorie allotment.

Zoe, I LOVE the new photo. I got my hair cut today & will try to get my DD to get a close-up photo of me to use as my Avatar.

Bobbi, I am LOVING our virtual journey also. I have always been TERRIBLE about geography & I have already learned stuff from this thread. I am looking forward to getting outside of the area I am familiar with so I can learn about towns on the way to SF. BTW - if you are looking for warmth, we should probably go to Los Angeles or San Diego instead of San Francisco. Are you part of the Vitality Project? I looked it up - sounds GREAT!
Eye is good. Will be glad when I get the other one done. Right now, things are focused in good eye & out of focus in bad eye.

Hi Freda - In the real world, I am in Yardley, PA. In our virtual exercise world, I am in Valley Forge, PA. Feeling great in both worlds.

Hi Rosey, Jess, Isabella (our traveling partner), Karen, Kim, Donna, & whoever I missed.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #55  
Donna

Good Morning, All... beautiful day here, to be enjoyed before the next storm brewing for tomorrow!

Lynn, how are the eyes?

Yesterday was a good day, mindful (I like that, too!). The conscious eating and the fitday.com keep me grounded, and it's not difficult. I'm becoming very intrigued by the walking journey and will check that out. At the least, I'll provide coffee to those of you passing through Denver!

Have a lovely day, all... BTW, the color is compliments of Internet Explorer. Haven't heard anything from a webmaster type!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #56  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Freda, it wasn't me who mentioned Ketones in my post. It may have been Deena. I'm a high carb person. Glad you're starting to be able to walk again. When you're up to a "long" trip, join us in the exercise across the country thread.

Zoe and Karen, your pictures are lovely. Zoe, I've had my hair like that in years past. It's so easy to take care of. I just washed, applied some hair gunk and let it dry. Karen, your hair is about my length, now. I'm actually thinking of getting mine cut shorter next time and then let it grow again. I get bored easily of the same hair style although letting it grow and then getting it cut short for a while is the same thing I do over and over.

Jess, computers will be the death of us (at least they'll contribute to stress levels).

Lynn, that restaurant sounds wonderful. A couple of years ago, Oprah's friend, Gail, travelled all over the US looking for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. I had one last night for supper. I grill them dry without butter. Nothing gourmet, but it does the trick.

Rosey, you'll have to keep that DH of yours. Flowers for no reason just gives you a great reason to keep him.

Bobbi, is there some kind of anti-viral medicine for C-Nile virus? I don't want to get it. (Oh, no too late!)

Well, I'm gone to pack away the Christmas things. DH packed the tree away while I was walking and left the ornaments for me to put away. I never put up much this year so it won't take too long to straighten out the living room.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #57  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Morning....oops. Make that afternoon. It's already 1:00!!!! My office is all unpacked, thanks to throwing away most all of my hard copy files. Who needs 'em, right? Everything's on my computer, and if that gets lost, well....I guess I'll just start over! (Actually, my docs here at work are also saved on the "S" drive, which is the network place for saving stuff, from what I understand - and that doesn't amount to much!)
Yep, Bobbie - wash, scritch it with my fingers as it dries, and that's about it. I only wash it every other day, but in between, just wet & scritch. Lucky I like the "tousled look", eh? Wise, sophisticated and wordly, Freda? Thanks. Mostly, when I look at pictures of myself these days, the first word that comes to mind is "old", as in, "Self, you really ARE getting old..." which isn't something I noticed so much until maybe the past six months or so. I guess I was in denial or something. I was feeling a little insecure about this hairdo, too - like maybe I was too old for it, and instead of looking sophisticated and classy, I'm looking crazy and weird. But, I finally concluded that I just don't give a hoot. If I want my hair frizzled up, then I'm old enough to have it that way, and anyone who disapproves - well, they can just disapprove, eh? (And I KNOW my fellow Golden Girls will support my right to look as silly as I want to! )
My NSV of the day is joining the staff down in our new lunch room, and NOT eating any of the pizza that was provided for us in huge, greasy quantities. I brought some tuna salad, two 60-calorie pita breads, eight (8) sun chips and a little snack bag with some raw brocolli florets and grape tomatoes, and that's what I ate. I won't lie - the smell of the pizza nearly did me in, but I held steady. I just can't let my holiday excesses extend into the new year, period.
Karen, I LOVE your hair. It's adorable on you - and that style looks great on a lot of women. Not on me. My head ends up looking too small for my body(which it probably is), and it may only be my own perception, but on ME, I swear my body looks bigger if I cut my hair too short, which of course I haven't done in a long time for exactly that reason.
Lynn, I'm looking forward to seeing your new "do" - looks like a lot of us are making changes for the new year, doesn't it?
Donna, I wish I could get in on the technical discussion about posting, and internet features, etc., but I'm such a complete technophobe! I don't like moving past my "comfort zone", which just about covers logging on and typing.
Bobbi & Rosey - I read "The Shell Seekers" years ago, too. I wasn't even aware that they'd made it into a movie. We have Netflix, so I'm going to see if I can find it on there! I really enjoyed the book, too, although I can't say I liked all of her books....some weren't as good, in my opinion.
Isabella, what wonderful new dish have you concocted lately? I think you should write a cookbook. Name it "Apples Isabella - and Other Delightful & Delectable Dishes".
Okay, gotta run. Happy day to all,

Z
Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Lynn, that restaurant sounds wonderful. A couple of years ago, Oprah's friend, Gail, travelled all over the US looking for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. I had one last night for supper. I grill them dry without butter. Nothing gourmet, but it does the trick.
Isabella, click on the Menu link to see the 30 kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches - http://www.thepopshopusa.com/menu.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn, how are the eyes?
Hi Jess, The one eye that was operated on is clear - so clear that my glasses make things blurry - the other eye is blurry wo the glasses

Will be happy when the other one gets done (end of month) & I can see clearly from both eyes!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-05-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
I was feeling a little insecure about this hairdo, too - like maybe I was too old for it, and instead of looking sophisticated and classy, I'm looking crazy and weird. But, I finally concluded that I just don't give a hoot. If I want my hair frizzled up, then I'm old enough to have it that way, and anyone who disapproves - well, they can just disapprove, eh? (And I KNOW my fellow Golden Girls will support my right to look as silly as I want to! ) Z
Zoe, reminds me of that poem by Jenny Joseph. I have a ceramic "old woman in purple" hanging in my kitchen, dressed in purple holding that poem.

Warning
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #60  
Donna

Love the poem, Lynn... I've had that framed in my bedroom for, lo!, 20 years or so (was practicing, I think). How many of you are Red Hatters? That was all the rage for a while, but I don't hear much about them, anymore.

Still waiting to hear from a webmaster type. Hurry up and wait, the story of modern life!

I'm hungry. It's time to think about something worthy for dinner.
Closed Thread