Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #16  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Love the picture Rosey, I didn't notice the second dog until you mentioned it. Is that Willie before the neighbors dog got to him? Take your case to 'Judge Judy', she'll take care of your nasty neighbor!
I used to dye my hair when it first started to turn grey but my hubby kept urging me to leave it natural. It was a mousey brown but has turned mostly white except in the back nape. I'm so glad I did, my hair has never looked so good. Blonds have more fun, right!
Lynn...my SIL is a natural red-head too, she still colors her hair. She said she'd look too pale if she went natural. I think it would depend on what color it turns, white is pretty but dingy yellow is not attractive and that's what Marlene's hair would look like.
Isabella...Mashed potato topping would work for me, I don't eat fatty pie crust. Even better mixing the potato with cooked cauliflower or squash.
Freda and Glynne...how you getting along?
Hi everyone else, what's happening? What's everyone eating?
coffeebean, I haven't had a chance to check out your diet plans, I'll do that now.

Karen...I don't remember what kind my new stepper is, I looked at so many. All I know is it has handles on it to hang on, it counts steps but I don't remember what else. It was $40.00 more than my first one that broke. My new one was $120.00, free shipping.
Quote:
Bobbi what kind of stepper did you get this time? I have one of those that has no handles or anything and it is kind of tricky--- I bought it to take and use in the 5th wheel when we had it. I do have it here in the living roon now but havent' used it much. It said to put one hand on the wall until you get used to it.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is over the Holidays. Fun, but too much activity, too much temptation! I'm happy to get back on schedule.

Lynn, So glad to hear that you are feeling well.

Rosie, Cute puppies. How is Willie?

Karen, glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am still fighting this pneumonia, just coughing now. I was supposed to go back to work today (yuppy) but got a L/C day. I will work tomorrow, hopefully with less couging. Nothing like your nurse coughing all over you. And then limping out of the room!

Isabella, your posts always make me hungry! You make such interesting things, while I do the same old things over and over. I have picked up a few new dishes though, thanks to the GG's.

Donna, Bruises heal and go away. and to 2010, I say, bring it!!

Z, Hair is one of those things that you can play with, change around. it grows quickly. Look forward to seeing the New Z. My hair is light brown/blond, I think. Been a long time since I actually saw it not highlighted. BORING!!!

Gayle, Enjoy those days off! I know how precious they are!

Bobbi, now if my hair looked like Bobbi's I wouldn't have to do anything to it!!!Alas, it never will. I don't have the hair color that gets that beautiful shade of silver.

Coffeebean, Welcome!!!! I'm not sure what kind of diet you're on, but we all do different things. And we support each other reguardless. Look forward to getting to know you and learn more about this diet. I count calories, but I incorporate different things into that. Like the good fat, and getting enough protein. I just try to eat really clean and healthy.

Everyone, make it a good day,

Freda
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,
Question about New Year’s Eve. As I watched the revelers in NYC on New Year’s Eve, it occurred to me that I wasn’t sure what they were celebrating – the end of the year past, or the beginning of the upcoming year. Are they happy the past, bad year is over or that the next year will be good?

For me, I am an eternal optimist. I always think the next year will be better than the last. I remember when I was newly married (the first time), when every Spring I used to throw out the cheap winter coat that I didn’t like because I always figured that by the next Winter, I’d be able to buy a winter coat that I loved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi Karen..yes that is willie and daisey..the golden reteaver is too big for my lap altho she has climbed up once or twice..they are all gentel dogs.... glad you are feeling well lynn..gnite everyone rosey
Hi Rosey, I agree with Bobbi. I’d shoot that neighbor’s dog. Your dogs look so sweet. Hope they are doing OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls!
Lynn...my SIL is a natural red-head too, she still colors her hair. She said she'd look too pale if she went natural. I think it would depend on what color it turns, white is pretty but dingy yellow is not attractive and that's what Marlene's hair would look like.
Hi Bobbi, I’m not worried about the color – just about my personality. I’m kind of used to being a redhead – hope I don’t get too mellow .
Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Karen, glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am still fighting this pneumonia, just coughing now. I was supposed to go back to work today (yuppy) but got a L/C day. I will work tomorrow, hopefully with less couging. Nothing like your nurse coughing all over you. And then limping out of the room!
Freda
Hi Freda, I hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day everyone,
Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-02-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

'Twas the month after Christmas,
and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste at the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store
(less a walk than a lumber).
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt---
I said to myself, as only I can
" You can't spend a winter disguised as a man! "

So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chips

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
" Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I'll want to chew only on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!"
Old 01-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #20  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All... chilly here (but NO snow. Yet)...

Did everyone weather the first day of 2010? I spent the day doing paperwork and feel it in every bone! It's harder work than work!

Have a good weekend, everyone, and look forward to next week being normal (!) again! Be well, warm, and safe!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

jess1-I can't wait to get back to normal, the last two weeks were alot of fun, but my tummy does not like it at all, I did try to be good, started the each day off with my exercise but by mid-day....not so good.

Lynn-so glad you are feeling better, I'm with you, I hope next year will be a great one for all. That those w/o jobs will find one, have a few in my family that are having alot of trouble right now, hope this year brings us all closer to peace and acceptance of one another.

Karen31-You make me smile-love your poems!

Freda-hope you are feeling better, hope your 1st day back goes quickly!

Bobbi-I bought a stepper at Target, the one advertised on TV, Air Climber, it has removable banding tubes. you can adjust the resistance by filling the air chambers with air. Hope you're happy with you new one. By the way, I very much Love your hair!

Rosey-sorry that you have such a nasty neighbor, they should be ashamed that they allow their dog to be so mean. Hope your little guy is feeling better very soon.

Coffeebean-So glad you are here, welcome and hope your healthy eating plan works for you.

Hi to all that I missed...

Well like I said before, the last 2wks have been a struggle, not been around much. I have been cross stitching alot this past 2wks, but not much computer time, just not enough hrs in my day. I do go back to work on Monday, {yucky, I know I'm one of the lucky ones!!} but I honestly LOVE being home, just to do my own thing, not be on a strict timetable, but I will enjoy my last two days, off. Hey, maybe getting back into a routine will help to shed these few pounds that seem to find me over the holidays. Well hope all is well by you, take care and have a great weekend!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sue, I didn't write that poem--- just got it in an email and I thought it was just too cute not to share with everyone.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #23  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello girls. I finally changed my avatar. Rosey, I liked yours so much it gave me courage to put my face up.

Welcome back Sue. We've missed you chatting over the Christmas holiday but I've kept my eye on you on the Winter Challenge. You're right above me and you haven't missed a day.

Karen, loved the poem. I read aloud to my DILs and we all got a chuckle.

Lynn, I guess we celebrate the blessings of the year past and for the life we have been given and then for the year to come where we can start fresh and new.

Gotta go. I think DH has washed something that he shouldn't have. OH, NO. Will finish later.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #24  
Bobbi

Isabella...thanks for posting your lovely picture. Another red-head huh? You have brown eyes like me! I love when everyone post their picture, so much easier to put a face to the post.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #25  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Ha, ha Bobbi, I'm not a red head. The color has faded (cheap over the counter color ) and I need a new dye job. It's supposed to be dark blond but I do have red highlights naturally. My eyes are brown though just like my dad's and mom's.

Everyone has abandoned us and have gone to their homes. I have to freeze all the cakes and cookies in portion sizes for DH who would feel more than deprived if I just got rid of everything. The last few days haven't been good for me with food. I refused to get on the scales Saturday morning as I just couldn't face the conclusive evidence of stuffing myself like a butterball turkey. Last night all of the chips and opened ice cream disappeared and I just ate the last twice baked potato for breakfast so at least no more temptation there. Now, I have a whole week of redemption. I'm ready for the "rough grub" as my MIL calls plain food. Today is not a good walking day as there's a cold rain falling. Gently falling but wet and cold. I'll have to do my bike later on as DH wants to go shopping for a few hours. I guess I'll walk in the mall but not as vigorous as if I was outside. Yesterday I used the DS's GPS and found I walked 6.55 kilometres on the route I take. It was the fastest time I'd ever done that walk as I was also trying to keep up the kilometres per hour on the GPS. I can feel that this morning in my hip. ("Darling we are growing old, Silver threads among the gold.....")

As I said, we're getting rain today but New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, the 2 provinces across the gulf from Newfoundland got battered with a winter storm. They've had quite a bit of snow in December but we have been spared so far. That will quickly change this month. I'm hoping to walk every good day this winter. I don't mind walking in light snow but rain really dampens my plans.

Have a good day people. Must go wrap up that cake.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #26  
Bobbi

Good Sunday morning!
Quote:
Now, I have a whole week of redemption.
Isabella...I have some redeeming to do myself after yesterday's boredom. We are waiting for the carpenters to get here, have all the basement flooring in. We can't paint until the other walls are built and I have nothing to do. I get into trouble when I've nothing to do and the weather was way, way below zero to go shopping. I love those elephant ears and decided to make some. It only made 6 large ones and I ate 4 of them. Yes, 4 of them. DH was out of cookies so I made the 'Good Morning American' Molasses cookie winner in their bake-off. Hmmmmmm...I might have eaten 3 or 4 of them while still warm. Nuts! I didn't get on the scale this morning either! And today we go visit MIL and my dad for coffee and goodies. They both are in the same nursing home. (Mil is in the Alzheimers unit.)
Tomorrow my new stepper is suppose to be delivered, I'm going to jump on it and get back OP, oh please be here tomorrow.
How's the rest of you doing?
Oh, I checked out the diet of coffeebean, hope it works for you. I'm like Freda and count calories, the only plan that works for me and I can stick with.
Now I need to quit gabbing and go get ready for church, communion Sunday. My hubby hates when we all join hands and sings the Lord's Prayer. He bring sanitized wipes in a zip bag to wipe his hands off after shaking hands. (GERMAPHOBIC) That might not be a word but you get the picture.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #27  
Bobbi

Oh, forgot to ask.......does anyone own the sneakers that rock, some are called Skechers Shape-up, some Cogent? I'm going to invest in a pair and would appreciate any feed-back you all have if you wear them.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #28  

Good Morning Everyone,

PA is having a cold spell (nothing compared to Bobbi and Isabella).

Thank goodness the holiday-related eating is almost over (meeting my nephew and his family today at Italian restaurant). I gained 4 lbs since December 1!!!!

OK - time to get serious. I wonder if we could all lose the weight in January that we gained in December?

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-03-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Oh, forgot to ask.......does anyone own the sneakers that rock, some are called Skechers Shape-up, some Cogent? I'm going to invest in a pair and would appreciate any feed-back you all have if you wear them.
Hi Bobbi,

My DF had them & I tried them on. I HATED them.

Lynn
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #30  

BTW - has anyone heard about gazelle.com?

It's a site where you can sell all kinds of "gadgets" (e.g., cameras, cell phones, ipods...). It's NOT an auction-type thing. You let them know what you have, send it to them, they check it out & send you a check.

Interesting site.

Lynn
Closed Thread