Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #271  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
Such a LOVELY day here!
Deena, just click under my name (Jess1) and you'll find an option for private messages. And I loved your long message; I'm so glad things are finally coming together insofar as your brother's estate. It's such a hard time to have to also deal with practicalities!

Lynn, a trip to Italy sounds PERFECT! When do you anticipate being able to go? This will give your DD a reason to persevere, too, and to recover quickly. How is your eye this morning?

Nothing on the agenda. I'll get to the grocery store this weekend and will cook tomorrow for the next week or two. My life is much more stable when I follow Lynn's mantra: "Every day in 2010, I will plan what I will eat and then, eat what I have planned."

Everyone, happy weekend. Be safe and warm!

Last edited by jess1; 01-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Donna,

We're looking at an April trip. My left eye (1st surgery) is wonderful; my right eye (2nd surgery) is VERY blurry - worse than before the surgery.

I see the surgeon on 2/16. If it hasn't improved by then, I'll either need them to make corrective glasses or schedule another surgery.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-30-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #273  

Morning everyone..its sunny and crystal cold out..my dogs just came in and they are frisky ripping and tearing around.. first off lynn am happy to see you are having a better day so sry when life gets you down,your trip sounds lovely..and congrats to all who have lost and those who stuck to there plans..wtg for all of us..my dh went shopping for me yesterday,now i have to explain that i spoiled him terribly ive always done the shopping..and he is very gender orientated..mens work womens work but since ive become handicapped hes had to do "womens" work and even tho he grumbels alot he gets it done..lol so he went with my list..i had a few lo-cal items and he shopped at a local warehouse..he bought me the biggest bag of pretzels ive ever seen..i might get them eaten by the time im 80 any one need pretzels..hes so proud and ask me if he did a good job but he always thinks bigger is better im still chuckling over it,he did a fine job..and when you have life changes you just have to let alot go and accept the changs..today i plan on some fun as i did my chores yesterday so im going to do some scrapbooking..by the way i watched an intersting movie last nite a true story called the Blue butterfly..i really enjoyed it maybe u will too..anyways here im rambling so ttfn and for all.. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-30-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #274  
Donna

Rosey, you are a GOOD wife!

Lynn, your eye should get better every day. It's not unusual, though, to have to get glasses. Hang in there! April will be a LOVELY time to travel. I envy you!! What a wonderful trip!
Old 01-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #275  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Okay, walking with Leslie - AND carefully counting my calorie intake again - is producing some results! I lost 3.8 pounds this week! (Almost all of what I gained back over the holidays ) But, I feel better now, and know for sure that I'll hit goal, and be able to set a new, lower one before summer comes and I have to shed my winter layers! YES, Donna - get out your Leslie Sansone tapes! It'll be nice knowing that I've got a walking partner, even if you're half a continent away!
Glad things are looking up, Deena, in terms of getting your brother's stuff in order. And yes, I think you're right about the low carb eating - certainly my own experience would support your theories for sure!
Oh, I've got to run - I'll check out those soup recipes, Bobbi, and thanks!

Z
Old 01-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #276  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hello Golden Girls. Thought I'd sneak in here on the last day of the month for a small intro. Friday is my 49th birthday. I haven't quite accepted that I'm in my 40s yet, so that uncomfortable nails-on-chalkboard sound you'll be hearing for the next year is from me.

My name is Georgia. I jumped into the 50+ board last week, so you can catch a bit of my bio there. More disclosures looming ahead.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I want to connect with others about The Fat-Loss Code. Where should I go for that?

See you next month!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #277  

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I missed a few days, but I'm back.

So far this month I lost one pound, gained it back, lost five, gained two back, and then lost two. So I'm down five pounds.

I've decided for February not to use the scale until the end of the month. My goal is to lose two to seven pounds or more during the month. I'll be happy if I lose the two, but four would be better. My long term goal is to get to 160 by July 2011 (over a year from now! ...so I'm not rushing it.)

Not much else happening here. I'm tempted to jump on the Leslie Sansone bandwagon here. I used to do her four-mile walk daily (in 2003) but now if I do the two-mile version it is a bit much. Well, the one-mile version, I'll try.

Linda

Last edited by ToBThinAgain; 01-30-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Everyone,
It’s pretty cold here in PA. I am sitting at my DD’s waiting for her to wake up. She asked me to “babysit” her while her hubby works at their B&B this morning. I KNEW she wouldn’t be awake at 7:30!
No special plans for today. Hopefully, both my DD and I will be fully recuperated next week and able to get back to our normal lives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..its sunny and crystal cold out..my dogs just came in and they are frisky ripping and tearing around.. first off lynn am happy to see you are having a better day so sry when life gets you down,your trip sounds lovely..and congrats to all who have lost and those who stuck to there plans..wtg for all of us..my dh went shopping for me yesterday,now i have to explain that i spoiled him terribly ive always done the shopping..and he is very gender orientated..mens work womens work but since ive become handicapped hes had to do "womens" work and even tho he grumbels alot he gets it done..lol so he went with my list..i had a few lo-cal items and he shopped at a local warehouse..he bought me the biggest bag of pretzels ive ever seen..i might get them eaten by the time im 80 any one need pretzels..hes so proud and ask me if he did a good job but he always thinks bigger is better im still chuckling over it,he did a fine job..and when you have life changes you just have to let alot go and accept the changs..today i plan on some fun as i did my chores yesterday so im going to do some scrapbooking..by the way i watched an intersting movie last nite a true story called the Blue butterfly..i really enjoyed it maybe u will too..anyways here im rambling so ttfn and for all.. rosey
Hi Rosey,
I saw that movie – one with William Hurt, right? I LOVED it. I’ve been off my scrapbooking for the last month – too much going on. I hope to get back to it next week. What are you working on? I make a book for each of my great-nieces & nephews that contains photos and stuff that they sent to me while they were growing up. Each one gets his/her book upon graduation from high school. Just one more to go (and she is a scrapper, so it must be VERY good!). The other 5 are already in college!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Okay, walking with Leslie - AND carefully counting my calorie intake again - is producing some results! I lost 3.8 pounds this week! (Almost all of what I gained back over the holidays ) But, I feel better now, and know for sure that I'll hit goal, and be able to set a new, lower one before summer comes and I have to shed my winter layers! YES, Donna - get out your Leslie Sansone tapes! It'll be nice knowing that I've got a walking partner, even if you're half a continent away!
Z
Hi Zoe,
We are SO PROUD of you! Time for you to join us as we exercise across the country. I have a post about exercising that I am posting in the Main Forum – take a look at it. Some interesting info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Hello Golden Girls. Thought I'd sneak in here on the last day of the month for a small intro. Friday is my 49th birthday. I haven't quite accepted that I'm in my 40s yet, so that uncomfortable nails-on-chalkboard sound you'll be hearing for the next year is from me.
My name is Georgia. I jumped into the 50+ board last week, so you can catch a bit of my bio there. More disclosures looming ahead.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I want to connect with others about The Fat-Loss Code. Where should I go for that?
See you next month!
Hi Georgia,
I think that the member who was pushing this plan (Kim – Prarie Girl) has left the 3FC Forum – haven’t seen any posts by her lately. Karen and I are trying it, but we don’t know a lot about it (and I’ve already fallen off the plan yesterday). I think there are several other websites – outside of 3FC that have forums for this plan.
Anyway, welcome to our little group!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBThinAgain View Post
Yes, I missed a few days, but I'm back.
So far this month I lost one pound, gained it back, lost five, gained two back, and then lost two. So I'm down five pounds.
I've decided for February not to use the scale until the end of the month. My goal is to lose two to seven pounds or more during the month. I'll be happy if I lose the two, but four would be better. My long term goal is to get to 160 by July 2011 (over a year from now! ...so I'm not rushing it.)
Not much else happening here. I'm tempted to jump on the Leslie Sansone bandwagon here. I used to do her four-mile walk daily (in 2003) but now if I do the two-mile version it is a bit much. Well, the one-mile version, I'll try.

Linda
Hi Linda,
Yes, I always like her DVD also. Maybe I’ll start doing mine in the evenings (I do the gym in the morning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Rosey, you are a GOOD wife!
Lynn, your eye should get better every day. It's not unusual, though, to have to get glasses. Hang in there! April will be a LOVELY time to travel. I envy you!! What a wonderful trip!
Hi Donna,
I am excited about trip to Italy. All of my Europe travel is with my DD & SIL. Can’t get my friends out of the U.S. Luckily, my SIL is a good guy & willing to put up with my DD & me for our trips.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #279  
Donna

Good Morning, Lovely Ones....

Last day of the month! Two birthdays to celebrate tomorrow! I added my date to the birthday list. I love birthdays, and I don't much care about the other holidays. I don't want presents and froufrou, but I do want to be remembered. I'll never be a grownup, I guess!

Zoe, you would have mocked me (yes, MOCKED me!) if you'd seen me trying to figure out the VCR! I'd totally forgotten how to use it, and the Sansone are VHS tapes! The cat was even embarrassed for me. Anyway, I think I'm good to go... and tomorrow is the first day of the new month! Yeah! BTW, you're doing really well, and I'm proud of you!

Off to the grocery store with Granny. I'll be cooking for the next two weeks when I get home. Onward!!

Everyone, be safe and warm! Lynn, is the eye less blurry, I hope?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #280  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

MOCKED you, Donna? Not a chance! I am the LEAST techno-savvy person you'd ever want to know!!!! Couldn't work VCRs, can't figure out DVDs, and with MY Sansone walking thingies, DH puts the disc into the computer for me and shows me where to click. OH, and cable TV? The remote controls? Fahgeddaboudit....if I'm by myself, I read a book because there's no way I'm going to figure out how to find something to watch on TV! So you're set to walk tomorrow with Leslie and me? Yay! We WILL get where we're going, you and I and our Golden sisters, here...
Hope your eye is better, Lynn.

Z
Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #281  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello people. You gals make me chuckle reading the posts. We're all so much alike in some ways that I can identify with everyone some way or another.

I lost 2 pounds this past week so I don't expect to lose much this week but that's how it goes. I tried on a lovely summer crop pant suit that I'd bought some time ago and it finally fits--only in the waist. The pants are so baggy in the legs and the top is really big in the arms and bust area but the waist fits lovely. Gahhhh. I'm going to see if one of my DILs can fit into it. It's such a pretty suit and still has the tags but it's 2 years old so it won't be going back to the store. Haha.

Oh, must tell you our baby GS took his first steps yesterday. So excited now and can't wait to see him on his birthday. He never crawled as he hates to be on his stomach.

We have real snow. What I mean to say is we have snow that will probably stay and not melt away. Winter has finally settled upon us for sure. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Catch you all later.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #282  

Happy sunday everyone..another crystal cold sunny day here..i am watching my smallest dog daisy all 6# of her play..she and wags her tail at herself and then all of a sudden she grabs it and rolls around in circles growling and yipping,then she will jump up turn around wag at herself again and repeat..its so darn cute and i have never seen a dog do this..very intertaining..can u tell i luv my dogs Lynn glad u are feling better,yup thats the movie,amazing a good movie no vilence(sp?)swearing or nudity,not that im a prude but refreshing to see..as for the scrapbooking i do a family and friends album every yr..all the events that happen in that yr,also each granchild has one from birth to now..gifts for when they are older..congrats to all who have lost..its awsome im not sure where im at cant get on the scale but go by my clothes..so far things are going ok..now if the dh would quit eating m&m in front of me at night hope your sunday is great rosey
Old 01-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #283  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

It's a beautiful, sunny day in Central California today. It was really foggy the morning, but it's all burned off and the blue skies are calling me to go outside.

Today I'm attempting the low carb thing, again. 20 gm of carbohydrate isn't much at all, and by noon, I've already used up 11 gm. I was craving spinach for lunch, a nice big serving of it, sauteed with olive oil (and a nice piece of wild-caught salmon), but that's another 9 gms of carbs in that! Also craving the avocados.

How does one work through the evening carb cravings?

Tomorrow I have to drive north a few hours, to spend the night where I used to live, where my soon-to-legally-be-X filed for divorce last year. Tuesday morning is the settlement hearing in court. Wish I had someone to go with me for moral support, but my lawyer is a good man. I will have to stay in a local motel. I found one with a kitchenette, so I don't have to go to the local greasy-spoon cafes. Thankfully, X is overseas so I don't have to talk to him or see him. And I won't be more inclined to make a stupid fast-food decision on my way out of town after the hearing. Maybe I should make some mini quiches to snack on in the car on the way back.

Will be a completely free woman soon...something to celebrate!
Closed Thread