1. Stop buying/preparing/eating foods I do not really want. This is esp a problem at holiday time. From now on I am only serving food that somebody really wants.
2. Only 1 dessert at each holiday meal. There is no need for such a large amount of food and options. We should only eat a small amount of dessert anyway.
3. Stick to my diabetic diet. I have decided to post it every where in my kitchen...it's already on the fridge but will make it more obvious, and will put it on the cupboard and pantry doors too!
4. Limit my snacks to one esp in the evening when it is the most problem to me.
5. Search for good healthy low-calorie, low-carb, and hopefully very filling snack ideas. I did this with meals and it helped me but snacks are my biggest challenge!!
Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of food I currently have in the house...esp things I shouldn't even be eating? Can you tell I am thoroughly disgusted at the amount of foods I have eaten this holiday season that I honestly didn't even want until it was there in my kitchen? My grown children are all quite health conscious and even those who still are able to come home for the holidays do not want all this food pushed at them. Even my dh (who is a very disciplined eater) has not even wanted the usual Christmas "treats," so much this year and yet we bought them. We should have kept the money and used it to build our emergency fund or given it to the poor. Sorry to be such a downer, but I wanted to publicly confess my sin of gluttony and waste and state my determination to change. I will add more goals as I think of them. Please add your goals for 2010.