Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #106  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Wow, is it snowing here or what! They just pulled the Highway Patrol off the road, no travel. 45 mile per hour winds and so far 15.5 inches of snow. Great day to stay snuggled in the house, I'm going to address all our Christmas cards today.
Zoe, I love my little car, it only has 45,000 miles on it and it'll be 10 years old in January and looks like new. The only problem I've had with it is the low front end, it hits the curbs when parking in front of store fronts. (Geezzz, it seems like I just parted with my beloved Jeep, where does the time go?) I'd love to see some of your old pictures, it was such a romantic time period.
Lynn...Yeah, I'd forgotten the 40 lbs. you've lost, great inspirational message from your doc on how far you've come. I'm really impressed with all the time you put in on the stepper and working out. I just hope you don't tire yourself out too much with your health issues.
Kim...Yes, do subcribe to the Real Age site, lots of good information. Now that I think about it, was it the Real Age site? I have daily emails from a few, Dr. Weil has a good one too.
Isabella, come on, drag out your mom's/grandmothers, dad's photo. Let's see where you came from.
Hey Glynne, Karen, Freda, Institches, who did I miss?
Have a good one, bye!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...Yeah, I'd forgotten the 40 lbs. you've lost, great inspirational message from your doc on how far you've come. I'm really impressed with all the time you put in on the stepper and working out. I just hope you don't tire yourself out too much with your health issues.
Hi Bobbi & Everyone,

I've actually decided to reduce the time I'm exercising and increase the intensity.

Dreary, gray, rainy day here in PA. Good day to stay inside and dry.

The course I am taking at the community college ends tomorrow. For next semester, I'm going to take a film discussion course - sounds interesting.

How did you like those Biggest Loser folks last night? Several looked so different, I didn't recognize them. Thank goodness the nut didn't win the $100,000.

Has anyone watched Men of a Certain Age? It was VERY good acting.

Lynn
Old 12-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #108  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Kim, hope that Bronchitis gets better soon. Have you been to the doctor for medication? I had a really nasty bout many years ago and was on a puffer for months.
Thank you SO much! I'm going to the family doctor today with DH to get results of a test of his. Maybe I can get the doctor to slip me some antibiotics. Yep - been there, done that! Ignored it once - was put in the hospital for 5 days with Bronchial Asthma! No fun at all! Have been off all but Singular - really don't want to go back on all that EXPENSIVE asthma medication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Kim, i still haven't had time to look up that diet but I need to find out more about it. I am familuar with most diet's but never heard of this one. What ever works, works!

Nasty weather out today! it started snowing last night, and it's turning into high winds and rain today with more snow to follow. YUCK!

Freda
I had NEVER heard of it either - guess it was in some rag not to long ago, a friend told me about it after she had started it and was finally finding success with a program.

Nasty weather here too! Will be glad when the temps come back up toward the end of the week. This -1°F weather is really getting OLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Wow, is it snowing here or what! They just pulled the Highway Patrol off the road, no travel. 45 mile per hour winds and so far 15.5 inches of snow. Great day to stay snuggled in the house, I'm going to address all our Christmas cards today.

Kim...Yes, do subcribe to the Real Age site, lots of good information. Now that I think about it, was it the Real Age site? I have daily emails from a few, Dr. Weil has a good one too.
WOW! You must be getting some drifts then! That is a LOT of snow!

I agree with ya - great day to stay in and use the Stepper!

Yes, the email you showed us was from the Real Age site. Dr. Weil is GREAT too - will have to check into his site soon!

Have a GREAT day Everyone! ~ Kim
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #109  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....

I don't mind so much that my message from yesterday went to Cyber LaLaLand, but it was wise and witty and definitely a marvel of literary achievement! Bummer!

It got to 3 degrees yesterday, and I'm sick of this stuff... however, I do feel better today. This just encourages the blahs and the grizzly bear insulation. This is such a frustrating experience!

Congrats to whomever posted the 2# loss for this week! I probably gained 2# for the week, since that seems to be the pattern. One step forward and two steps back...

Have to get busy. Good day, everyone!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #110  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Morning, All....

I don't mind so much that my message from yesterday went to Cyber LaLaLand, but it was wise and witty and definitely a marvel of literary achievement! Bummer!

It got to 3 degrees yesterday, and I'm sick of this stuff... however, I do feel better today. This just encourages the blahs and the grizzly bear insulation. This is such a frustrating experience!

Congrats to whomever posted the 2# loss for this week! I probably gained 2# for the week, since that seems to be the pattern. One step forward and two steps back...

Have to get busy. Good day, everyone!
Hang in there! Everything will be go'n smooth soon! Ingrain this COLD into your memory - sure you will want to recall it this Summer!

Get'n busy and get'n go'n! ~ Kim
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #111  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Back for a quick check-in. Hope all of you mid-westerners are coping with the snow ok. So far just sleet here in upstate NY. I lost another few pounds and am down to 200!!! Maybe will reach my goal of below 200 by New years! Had a great Thanksgiving in NC with my daughter and son-in-law. Even put the top down in the car one day.

Lyn
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #112  
Donna

Veritable heat wave today.... 22 degrees! I was thrilled! Clear and beautiful.... Got lots of errands done today, and that should certainly count as vigorous exercise, yes? I think: YES!

Hope your day has been a good one. Stay warm!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #113  
Donna

Bobbi, are you guys okay up there? I saw on World News, and it's terrible there!! Be safe... be warm!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #114  
Bobbi

Greetings from the Artic!
Our 1st blizzard of the season, DH has to go out this morning and snow blow the driveway out so we can run errands. The snow is so hard from the high winds and will be hard to get through. I have two ebay packages that have to go out, one is a box of Royal Doulton china cups and saucers that the gentleman needs for Christmas. Our flooring in the basement is going slow, DH finished the closet in the down stairs bedroom and is now working on the rest of the floor. It's going to look great when finished. I decided to do the whole room in wicker furniture since I already have a really neat wicker make-up desk/mirror and matching chair. I finished making out all my Christmas cards yesterday, fully ahead of last years cards/decorating, etc. I think I'll check into the challenge and then get going. You all have a fantastic day.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #115  
Bobbi

I like # 1. pretend it never happened, sort of.

Quote:
Week #3: Slipped? Stuck? Snap Back On Track
Took a detour off your program? No worries. Life happens, and one of the keys to long-term victory is learning how to recover from missteps. Here are the secrets:

1. Pretend it never happened (sort of).
Get right back on the program. The YOU Docs -- RealAge experts Michael Roizen, MD, and Mehmet Oz, MD -- point out that when you make a wrong turn on a highway trip, your GPS doesn't let you get 50 miles off course; it alerts you right away. Make a YOU-turn as quickly as possible.
2. Don't beat yourself up.
Missteps are not signs of failure. They're speed bumps that help regulate your journey. Don't judge what happened; instead, use the lapse for useful info on what gets you into danger and how to keep moving forward.
3. Look at the big picture.
Check your tracker(s) to see how far you've come. Focus on more than the numbers; think about whether you've had more energy, self-esteem, and passion for life. Pay more attention to your overall progress than to the individual days.
4. Have a backup plan.
People who have a backup tend to meet their goals more quickly than people who see themselves either on or off the program. Figure out what you'll do when, say, your walking buddy is on vacation or flight delays leave you stuck eating airport pizza.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #116  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thursday - 12/10/09

Hi Everyone!

On the mends now - got my antibiotics from my doctor yesterday and will follow her instructions to the "T"! She said I should be feeling better by Friday (tomorrow).

Bobbolink - Great to hear you both made it through that storm well! Sounds like a wonderful plan you have when the floor is done! I can see it now! You are so far ahead of me on the Christmas countdown - I'm just go'n to take it in stride this year - get as much as I can get done - and enjoy this Christmas with JOY!

Have a wonderful day everyone! ~ Kim
Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #117  
Donna

Good Morning, All...

First, Lynn, you can mark me down with a pound lost... actually, the hated scale showed TWO, but I don't trust that. Two steps forward, one step back...so I'll take the one for now.

Hot outside. It's almost 30. It's about time to pull out the shorts, if I ever was inconsiderate enough to wear those!!

Hope your day is a good one. Stay warm!!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #118  

Default Happy Birthday Freda

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FREDA!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #119  

Jumping -

Did anyone see the Biggest Loser episode with the girl who couldn't jump onto the stool?

I tried doing that the other night - jumping with both feet (not holding on to anything) onto a step - could NOT do it!

I have 2 goals for the week - 1) begin running & 2) jump.

Lynn
Old 12-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #120  
Donna

Freda,

I thought tomorrow is your birthday! Sorry!!! I would have missed it!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR FREDA...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Awesome birthday cake.jpeg (4.0 KB, 3 views)
Closed Thread