Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #91  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All... Cold, COLD, and snowy and yucky and icky and FAT here! I'm cranky today... I'll get over it, but I am NOT happy!

Wow, everyone was very busy posting this morning! Karen, are you over your cold? Bobbi, I laughed out loud at the Jeep vs LittleRedSportscar discussion... just truly just replacing one with a like one, yes?

Institches, I have to ask if yours is a family name? It's going to be awkward to sing "Happy Birthday, dear Institches" come February!!

Have a lovely day, All. Later............
Old 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #92  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

[quote=Bobbolink;3037549]
Kim...I quit trying to keep up with Lynn on the stepper, if I wanted to go down in dress size I would. But I have one closet just for my church/dress clothes and they all fit now, no way would I want to invest in smaller clothes. Besides that, I'm at my normal weight that I've been most of my life. It's been the last 20 years that my weight started to yo-yo, just my body slowing down and not burning the fat like I did when younger.

Anyway - you are a encouragement to ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi Kim, I have a homemade recipe book too. I have tons of recipe books but I don't use that many recipes, so I put them all together where I could find them quickly. Old standby's.
Freda
Freda! Yep - every nook and cranny of my kitchen has a recipe book in it - this is the only way to FIND a recipe again when I have tried it and the family really like it!

Do'n GREAT on my FIRST day of program! Neck is feeling better - if I get too weak, I just need to eat a little bit more fat and I am having no problems! Will be GLAD when this week is over - the 7 following weeks of "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant are MUCH EASIER on the body!

Have a GREAT evening everyone!

See ya Lighter!

Kim

PS - Sure will be GLAD when I rate a signature TOO!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Week 1 weight loss = 0 pounds
Old 12-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #94  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Week 1 weight loss = 0 pounds
But LOOK! how FAR you have come!
Hang in there!
Ya just HAVE TA win this WAR!

I know we are go'n to be see'n ya LIGHTER!

Kim
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #95  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,

KAREN ~ Hope you're feeling better!

ISABELLA ~ Men can be so dense!

DONNA ~ Four lbs in a month= 1 lb a week which is how we're supposed to do it. Frustrating for impatient people (like me!) Sorry you are feeling cranky : (

ZOE AND BOBBI Loved the old pictures. I will try to post one of my grandmother circa 1920 or so. Bobbi, Giovanna is the Italian form of my name. I love everything Italy, and took an Italian class and learned what my real name should be (I hate my real name).

Well, today I exercised for the first time in a couple of weeks. This cold/flu is kicking my rear! I'll be sore tomorrow, but that's a good thing. Here is the picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (26.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I'm still here-- also fighting the cold/fu bug. I thought that i felt pretty good this morning-- went to the bank and the grocery store all total gone about 45 minutes, and was completely worn out. Now I have a headache that feels like if it exploded it would feel better!! I'm just wondering when this bug will ever let go!!! Just exhausted! Hope everyone who has had or has this bug feels better or feels better soon!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #97  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning.......an interesting email I read this a.m. about breaking up exercise in 10 minute blocks or turning up the burn.

Why Less Exercise May Be Enough Exercise

Finding it hard to squeeze in your workout or your walk this time of year? Don't sweat it. Sometimes, less still cuts the mustard.

As long as you pick up the pace, that is. In a study, people who cut back on their walks but turned up the burn when they did get out there still boosted their cardiovascular endurance.
Keeping the Pace
Sure, frequent exercise is still better for you -- for a bunch of reasons, ranging from better cholesterol levels to better weight control. But the new research shows that you can cut back a little on frequency and still keep yourself in pretty good shape if you make some adjustments. And it's a good idea to do so, because then your body will be ready, willing, and able to do more when you get more time. (Not sure how to pick up the pace? Here's an easy trick to help you do it.)
No Time? No Excuse
Why should you care about your cardiovascular endurance, anyway? Because a 5-year study showed that a mere 10 percent improvement lowered people's risk of mortality by 15 percent, compared with no cardiorespiratory improvement. So don't chuck your workout altogether this holiday season. Cut back if you must, but work harder. Or chunk your 30-minute walks into three 10-minute sessions. Your heart will thank you in the New Year.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
But LOOK! how FAR you have come!
Hang in there!
Ya just HAVE TA win this WAR!

I know we are go'n to be see'n ya LIGHTER!

Kim
Hi Kim,

Thank you.

Actually, I got some good positive reinforcement yesterday from my cardiologist. She was looking at my records and realized that I lost 40 lbs in 2006 and have kept it off for abt 3 years. All of my heart/cholesterol stats are now perfect. Made me realize that although I am struggling to break through the 150 pound barrier, I have achieved a different goal of keeping off abt 20% of my body weight for 3 years.

Lynn
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #99  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Wow, Bobbi, that's quite a sexy-looking Mama! And Giovanna, I loved yours as well. The biggest problem that I have with genealogy is that you can find names, birthdates, and such, but seldom any pictures, and rarely any sort of diary or journal that would give you any idea what these ancestors of ours thought, felt, or did. I am so inherently nosy, I guess, always wanting to know "the rest of the story" but having only limited time to do any traveling about to dig into town records or any of that sort of thing, I lose interest when the information is so sparse and hard to access. I used the Church of Latter day Saints to trace the family on my father's side back to the British Isles, France and Germany in the eighth century (Yikes!) but like I said, names and dates and little else. My sister and I did find an aunt several summers ago who was in her mid-nineties, and we had some interesting conversations with our cousin, but our aunt was quite "dotty", as the saying goes, and although she was lucid much of the time, we were disconcerted when she would talk about having had a nice visit with some relative the other day, whom we knew was dead for many years.
Well, enough of that! Lynn, that 0 pound weight loss after consistently staying OP is precisely why I don't weigh myself every week. When I get discouraged, I tend to want to throw in the towel, so I try to limit the probability of being discouraged. Weighing monthly, I'm almost sure to have lost SOMETHING - even if it's only a pound or two, so I'm more inclined to stick with my healthy eating. Now the STEPPING is something else altogether... ANYWAY, you're doing fine, and you will continue to do fine. That's a given...
Get well soon, Karen!
Bobbi, I envy you that red sportscar! I love little, sporty cars! I sure wish I had another MG Midget, but I don't think they make them anymore. I sure loved that little car. (I also envy you your teeny tiny little sizes, but I won't go there... )
Freda, I never much cared for cooking when I was a working mom trying to fit my kids' soccer practice, basketball games, track & field meets, vacations, carting them all off to the ski slopes or to the beach or some-darned-where all the time, but now, at least when everyone is healthy and happy and managing nicely without my help, I really enjoy cooking for DH & I, and love trying new, healthy recipes - or even kind of making them up myself. He grew up with a rather uninspired cook for a mother and was sort of anti-vegeatable when we first met. There were maybe three vegetables that he would eat - spinach, corn and lettuce. Now he eats every veggie known to man, and we especially love roasting them. So, now I, too, have homemade cookbooks in my kitchen!
Donna, I would be totally bummed about living somewhere with as much snow as you-all get out there in Denver. Crabby? I'd be in a straitjacket! (And that goes for you in Alaska, too, Rosey! )
Isabella, as per usual, I associate your name with sweets...LOL...I think that the next dessert I invent (low-calorie & sugar-free of course) I will name after you, as in, "We're having Isabellas for dessert tonight! Yum!"
I have the low-down, scribble-scrabbly Christmas shopping blues! (That MUST be a song, right? Imagine me strumming a few notes on an old banjo and growling out LOW- DOWN, SO-DOWN, can't-figure-out-what-to-get-for-people-who-have-everything BLUUUUUUUUEEEEEEZZZZZZ."
Hi Gayle! Hi Kim!
Okay, coffee break's over....back on my head.

Z
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #100  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Kim,

Thank you.

Actually, I got some good positive reinforcement yesterday from my cardiologist. She was looking at my records and realized that I lost 40 lbs in 2006 and have kept it off for abt 3 years. All of my heart/cholesterol stats are now perfect. Made me realize that although I am struggling to break through the 150 pound barrier, I have achieved a different goal of keeping off abt 20% of my body weight for 3 years.

Lynn

I am so PROUD of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning.......an interesting email I read this a.m. about breaking up exercise in 10 minute blocks or turning up the burn.

Why Less Exercise May Be Enough Exercise
GREAT email that you have shared!
I think I will subscribe to their newsletter if they have one!
Have saved the site tab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
I have the low-down, scribble-scrabbly Christmas shopping blues! (That MUST be a song, right? Imagine me strumming a few notes on an old banjo and growling out LOW- DOWN, SO-DOWN, can't-figure-out-what-to-get-for-people-who-have-everything BLUUUUUUUUEEEEEEZZZZZZ."
Hi Kim!

Z
Thanks for the WELCOME! I love the SONG!

GOT Bonchitis! NOT gon'a let it get me down!
Gon'a UP the GREEN TEA and get THRU THIS!

See ya Lighter!

Kim
Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #101  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Jess1 - Hang in there Girl! The will come out - Tomorrow! (wait a minute - I'm singing here) must be the weather get'n to me!

Sending to ya from the just north of ya!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #102  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, No! My message disappeared! There were two and now there are none!

Kim, thanks for commiserating with me. I know the sun will come out (someday)...

Lynn, Bobbi, funEllabella... I think you're wonderful! Karen, hope you're feeling better!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #103  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello, gals. Went shopping in the city with DIL and Baby today. DIL's mother came back with us until the weekend so now Baby has 2 grandmas at his beck and call for a few days.

Zoe, you're so funny. Loved your new "song" and I'll be more than proud to have my name attached to your next sweet creation.

Lynn, I have 0 weeks too after being POP all week. That's how it goes sometimes. But I don't have to tell you that as you are a wise and experienced weight loser.

Jess, we all have our posts eaten up and disappear at one time or another. You're in good company.

Bobbi, that was a great article. I'll keep that in mind when I get too busy or the weather is nasty. Wish I'd read it this morning. I would have hopped on the bike for 10 minutes before we left for shopping. But tomorrow we go again so I'll do that.

Kim, hope that Bronchitis gets better soon. Have you been to the doctor for medication? I had a really nasty bout many years ago and was on a puffer for months.

Karen, sorry you're still under the weather. It's amazing how long it can take to bounce back after a bad cold or flu.

Giovanna, another great picture of a grandmother. I gotta dig out some oldies when I get home and see if I can scan them.

Today I was feeding the baby his lunch. It was a broccoli, potato and cheese casserole baby food from a bottle. I read the ingredients and they were broccoli, potato, carrots, cheese, lentils and cream. And so I had a little taste. Bland of course, but not bad. So I've decided to make up a casserole with the same ingredients and see how it would taste in real food. I probably won't get to it until I get home next week but I love lentils and all the other ingredients and they sounded like they'd be good together. Instead of the cream I'll use a white sauce and layer everything. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

Gotta get on my bike sometime before I go to bed tonight as the roads are not fit to walk on after our storm Sunday. Have a great evening and I'll catch you all later.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #104  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I forgot to post my loss for the week: 2 pounds
Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #105  

Good Morning Ladies,

My, you guys have some good genes! The "grandmother" pictures were lovely.

Karen, That virus really kicked you hard, didn't it? I hope you feel better soon.

Lynn, Good news. We concentrate so much on weight loss that we sometimes forget about all the other GREAT benefits of exercise and maintaining the weight we've already lost.

Giovana, Loved the picture! Thanks for sharing. How are you feeling today? I hope the exercise just made you feel stronger! Honestly, after awhile it will.

Isabella, does that mean you are down to 135 now? Are you going to blend some of your mixture for baby food too? My SIL, with twins, makes her own babyfood. I'm sure she buys some too, but she makes most of it. Amazing how she has time, she works full time as a teacher and has another 4 year old.

Donna, I've lost more posts than I want to count! I think the computer does that to mess with you!

Kim, i still haven't had time to look up that diet but I need to find out more about it. I am familuar with most diet's but never heard of this one. What ever works, works!

Z, Can I sing backup? Now are we singing this like blues or du-wop? I love roasting my vegetables too. I roast almost everything now, and have gotten my family doing it too. Roasting really brings out the flavor, I think. Asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt, yum! sprinkled with just a touch of cheese while it's hot!

Nasty weather out today! it started snowing last night, and it's turning into high winds and rain today with more snow to follow. YUCK!

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 12-09-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Closed Thread