Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #61  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Kim, if you have questions about how or where to do something, please ask... I just finished sorely trying the patience of all these lovely ladies, so the information is fresh in my mind. If it makes you feel better, you can send me a private message, too. (click on jess1 above my name)
Thanks Jess1
But, I'm so NEW here, there is no way that I can contact ya...
That's OK! I made ya my Buddy!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I tried hard to keep this cold/fly bug from catching me----but I lost! It finally got me yesterday... no energy today and full of body aches. Be back later
Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #63  
New ME in 2010!

Sorry to hear that Karen - here is a little something for ya...
Old 12-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #64  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm losing my mind. I thought I posted here this morning and came to read what came after my post only to find I hadn't posted anything. But I did find that lot's of things going on. This was a busy place today.

I thought I had all the cakes baked but DIL informed me tonight (after she cut a piece of pound cake) that she wants a whole cake baked for herself. I split the batter into 3 small loaf pans and and got three cakes from the one large one. She said she loves pound cake. Funny, I never knew that before. So next week I pull out the mixer and bowls and start again. Fortunately, for everyone, butter is on sale this week. So, if anyone wants to order a cake just let me know and I'll send it along with Santa when he drops off at my house on Christmas Eve.

Zoe, I'm baking but not tasting or eating the stuff. If I start there's no telling when I'd end. I'm leaving all desserts for my one day a week treat on Saturday. It's hard though some days.

Karen, so sorry you aren't feeling well. Bundle up and take care of yourself.

I didn't walk today. My legs felt like rubber and my arms were aching. I did get on the bike for a few minutes (and may do another few minutes tonight) but nothing too strenuous today. My legs aren't so tired this evening but my eyes are heavy with sleep.

I was talking with DH on the webcam tonight. He doesn't look like he's starving while I've been away. It was good to see his face, though. I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. He said I looked thinner but he also said I looked older!!! Well, it's been almost 5 weeks so I am older. I think I'd better get some beauty sleep before he comes and gets me. Hahaha. I'd washed my hair this afternoon and didn't get a chance to dry it so it looked like birch broom in fits. I guess I make beautiful before he gets here next weekend.

I've got a weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for another pound as we all are. Anyhoo, catch you all later.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #65  

Height: 5'1"

Hope yoou feel better soon karen!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I tried hard to keep this cold/fly bug from catching me----but I lost! It finally got me yesterday... no energy today and full of body aches. Be back later
Hi Karen,

Sending "get better soon" wishes to you. Feel better.

Lynn
Old 12-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #67  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Saturday Morning!
A get well hug for you Karen and don't kiss Tim!
Nothing exciting to write about today, we can't start laying the interlocking floors in the basement for two days. It (Floor tile) has to be room temperature. We unloaded it from the jeep yesterday so I'm guessing we'll start on it Monday. Lots of great exercise. Speaking of exercising, I decided to go over my 1000 steps if I feel like it, have to keep up with the whiz kid Lynn! I'm still running on 1200 calories and if I start losing I'll just up my calories. I have to get some stuff I sold on ebay mailed off this morning so I better get busy. I found a large vase at MIL's place when we cleaned out her house. It has a very large grain of sand embedded in it near the top. I got $20.00 for it yesterday on ebay which is 800% more than I'd get at a garage sale.
Have a great week-end everyone!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #68  
Bobbi

In my email box this morning!
Quote:

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2009-05-27, 1 :43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The even ing was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb .... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.

The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex
Old 12-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #69  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi, I wonder if that's true... regardless, it's entertaining!

BEAUTIFUL here today... feel good, energetic, ready for a fine day!

Onward and downward, my friends! Have a lovely weekend!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Sitting in my living room looking out at the falling snow. REALLY beautiful. My cat is fascinated.

Lynn
Old 12-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #71  

No snow here yet, but it's COLD! Won't be long now. Surprisingly, my mom had snowin Ky. and it still hasn't snowed here in Mi.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #72  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

We're promised 20 centimetres of snow tomorrow. I'll not be as fascinated as your cat, Lynn. We're supposed to go to DIL's sister's for a Christmas dinner/family party tomorrow but right now it looks as if a storm will prevent us from travelling on the highway. We don't want to take chances with the baby on board. If we don't go we'll be making home made falafels for dinner. Almost worth skipping the Christmas dinner/party. Haha. I guess I'll be on the bike tomorrow if the promised snow comes.

I weighed in this morning and I've lost another 2 pounds. For sure I thought I wouldn't lose much this week but I was wrong. I'm happy.

DIL, Baby and I went to the Senior's Home today and delivered the cookies and had a Christmas sing-along. How the seniors loved the baby. They all wanted to touch him and give him a kiss. I proudly showed him off.

The children have a movie so I'll wander down to see if it's interesting enough to watch. We have different tastes in movies.

Catch you later Chickies.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #73  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello

Having a hard time turning off stress tonight ~ sort of have done ok eating though ~ only had a dish of pudding with coolwhip. Have done worse in the past.

Son Jason is needing to find a place to rent ~ has found a place, but the timing of it may be a problem. I will be so glad when it is all worked out.

I keep hoping I will get to respond to each of you all, but seems as though something keeps coming up and my time doesn't get spent how I had thought it would. Today it was an unexpected visit from Sara and the kids ~ but I treasure those times.

Off to bed now.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #74  
Bobbi

Good Morning, no time to chat today. I have to run down and shower, then put on my fancy duds and go to church. Just a couple of comments: Isbella, hope you get to attend your Christmas party todayk.
Glynne...don't worry about responding to all of us, family and work come first. We all get busy like that in the summer, the thread just barely survives!
Lynn...I'm going to re-name you the energizer bunny that just keeps going and going and going! I truly am going to come over, find you and tie you down. Today I'll be gone most of the day and won't get many steps in, just enough to post 2 points. Maybe I'll make my Sundays my "EASE OFF" day, I already use it like Isabella does and eat a treat on Sunday afternoon's when at my dad's place. I'm going to go over and change Sunday's rule right now so I don't feel guilty and can enjoy myself. I tend to get obsessed with projects I start and I don't want to think about my stepper today. Sundays are for resting!
Everyone have a great Sunday, even you Isabella that goes to Church on Saturday.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #75  

Good morning GG's

Still no snow here, but it is really cold. I keep my gloves in my coat pocket now, you can't get out without them. Trying to get a little ahead of Christmas but so far it's not happening. I'm praying for devine inspiration. We've been lucky so far, no illnesses, but last night my husband developed a cough and achey bone feeling. Still waiting to see if it turnes into a simple cold or the flu.

Isabella, How wonderful! You are only a few pounds from your goal! You go girl!!!! How you do it with all that baking is beyond me!

Gayle, Just jump in any where you can. We all get busy!

Bobbi, I don't believe in exercising every day either. The body needs a day to "recover".

Donna, Hope you're having a happy weekend too.

Lynn, I don't blame your cat for being facinated with the snow. That first snowfall is so lovely.

Z, Haven't heard from you in a few days, hope everything is going well

Karen? Karen?? How are you doing? Hope you're feeling better!

Everyone have a blessed Sunday

Freda
Closed Thread