Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #46  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Geeezze Kim, I just noticed you're from Wyoming! My hubby would like to get to know you,
Tell your hubby, I'm BIG , but I'm NOT BIG GAME!
ROFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Kim, Welcome!! Hope to see you here a lot and get to know you. You won't find a more supportive group. Looks like we both have birthdays coming up. Mine is Dec 11.
Freda! Yep - Dec. Babies ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Morning, All...
Apparently, we can't put b'days in the avatar section, so I just added mine to the bottom of my signature (user CP: edit signature).
Well, all my VITAL information is on my Profile. I'm not allowed a signature right now, so I just manually put one in until I can have one!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

12/22 (54)
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #47  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Just a quick run through before I hit the hay. Almost forgot to do my upper body workout til I logged on, Thank goodness for the Golden Girls and our challenge.

Baked more cakes today and I'm all finished with cake baking here at DS's place. I'll make a few shortbread next week and I'm not baking another thing. hahah. But, I guess DH may want a few home cooked/baked foods when I get home.

Have a good evening and I'll try and chat more tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, hope you all have a great Friday. I'm so happy there isn't mandatory OT on Saturday, now I can spend some time with my 6yr old nephew and start my Christmas Shopping, maybe get the tree, just so happy, I just love Christmas, not so much the crowds and crabby people because of the crowds. I just Love to Bake with the Christmas Music on High, and sit in the LV with only the Tree Lights on!! Brings out the Kid in me!! Can't wait to have a little guy or gal to spoil, nothing is better than to see their little faces light up!

Welcome Kim so happy you have joined us, love your picture, Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

I love this friendly challenge of the steppers, can't wait to see daily steps posted!! Keep it up, you both are doing fantastic!

take care
Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #49  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Yeah, Lynn is getting out of control She said she was going to keep up with my step..........duh! I have to keep up with her steps. Yesterday she posted 1800 steps, So just because I'm so competitive, I went down and did 2000 steps! Take that Lynn!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #50  
Bobbi

Now that I got the friendly banter over, I can talk a bit. Institches, do you have a shorter name? I think you have the right idea of sitting in the RV with just the tree lights on, sounds nostalgic and peaceful.
Isabella...I couldn't live in your house with the smell of heavenly baking all the time. Someone else mentioned it, (can't remember who) how do you keep your mouth shut? I'd have to nibble! Yesterday I pulled out part of a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting I had frozen for hubby. Did I taste it? Does a bear poop in the woods?
All the running up and down the stairs yesterday plus the 29 minute workout on the stepper put my weight back down to pre-Thanksgiving goal. Now just to hold it there until Christmas is over. I actually eat more junk at Christmas than Thanksgiving. We have hot and cold snackies, cheese balls, crackers, meatballs, sweets, etc. Stuff we put on the table and graze all afternoon on. If you want the recipe for the peanut butter frosting, I'll post it. My brother says 'it's to die for'.
Freda.....Good advice, where did you throw it, in the potted plant?
Quote:
I spit it into my napkin and threw it away. Pick and choose. Don't have to eat just because it's there.
Jess...I couldn't find a place to put our B'days either, I'll put mine down where you did next time I have to make any changes. Did you feel cheated as a kid having your birthday two days before Christmas? My nephew was born on Christmas and my DS always had a party for him in July. Another bonus, you can park in the reserved parking for old people! I never do unless I'm in a hurry, the exercise walking is good plus I drive a red sports car and I don't want anyone bashing their door into mine.
Where's the two Karens? Hubby's hunt in Missouri this year was a bust! He'd never hunted in that state before and He won't again. He hunted with two lawyers and they said they were thinking of sueing the landowner for boasting lots of deer on his property when there were none.
Kim...That gave him a laugh! Do you eat game meat?
Quote:
Tell your hubby, I'm BIG , but I'm NOT BIG GAME!
Lynn...stay off the stepper for heaven's sake so I can get something done today. I don't have a lot of patience when staying in one area (the stepper) so I checked out a mystery novels and set it up in front of me so I could read while I exercise. I think you can go faster than me because I get so caught up in the story that I slow down without thinking. I'm reading Sue Grafton's "T is for Trespass" right now. I checked out Sara Paretsky "Windy City Blues" also. I like both authors.
Time to get going, hi anyone I missed.
P.S. Lynn...I checked out the Sparks December Golden Girls, I see you have some interest there. I think the reason I didn't stay at Sparks is because the site is huge and seemed impersonal to me.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #51  
New ME in 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
I just Love to...sit in the LV with only the Tree Lights on!! Brings out the Kid in me!!

Welcome Kim so happy you have joined us, love your picture, Sunflowers are my favorite flower.

I love this friendly challenge of the steppers
I'm with ya, Institches!
for the welcome! I am so :happy: that I found this site!

hmmmmmm....steppers...is that counting steps? Using steppers? Climbers? Where do I find the challenge?

I L♥V sunflowers - they remind me to "follow the Son"!

Quote:
Yesterday she posted 1800 steps, So just because I'm so competitive, I went down and did 2000 steps! Take that Lynn!
Ok Bobbolink and Lynn - cough up the info - I want to learn more about this...

[quote=Bobbolink;3034192][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]
Did I taste it? Does a bear poop in the woods?

Freda.....Good advice, where did you throw it, in the potted plant?

My side is starting to HURT! rofl:

Kim...That gave him a laugh! Do you eat game meat?

We use to go hunting and fishing before the "children" came along, now it is a sport that is out of our league, finance wise! We just stay at home and chew on our Black Angus!

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC day!
See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-04-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #52  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday, ladies

ISABELLA ~Thanks for the polenta recipe, think I'll try it this weekend.

LYNN ~ My bone spurs are on the bottom of my heels, but my heels don't really hurt. I have pain in the arch and ball of my foot when I walk.

KAREN ~Thanks for the alphabet, so true!

FREDA ~ How nice that your dress clothes fit, and way to go on that cookie!!

BOBBI ~Another use for peppermint: Soak cotton balls in oil and place in the attic. We had mice (or rats? Yuck) in our attic until we tried this. The house smelled minty fresh too! I'm with you on Sparkpeople. I joined the other day, but it is just too big. I could waste waaay too much time there.

DONNA ~ I hope you don't have to go out in that bitter cold!

INSTITCHES ~We share a birthday!

KIM ~ Black Angus works for me too! Unfortunately, ours closed.

I gained a lb, like I knew I would, but that's okay. I'm still sick and don't have the strength to work out. I'm off today and will attempt some Christmas shopping. Wish me luck!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #53  
Bobbi

I love the tip about using Peppermint on a cotton ball, we got a mouse in this fall when I brought in my potted plants. We caught it on one of those sticky pad thingies. But I'm always looking in case the little twerp had babies in her.

Lynn has a Winter Challenge going on and the point of it is forming a good habit that will help us in our daily lives. I purchased a stepper and use that as my new habit. Lynn decided to join me and match my steps, but it's the other way around. I'm trying to keep up to her steps. Please join us if you have one. It's not the block where you step up and down. These are hydrolic, mine counts my steps for me. they are cheap and don't take up much space. Mine is a Wagan Tech Mini Stepper, about $70.00 and no shipping cost. We welcome anyone who wants to join us!

Quote:
Ok Bobbolink and Lynn - cough up the info - I want to learn more about this...

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-04-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #54  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G'morning, all -

SO glad it's Friday! Omigawd, Isabella! My mouth is watering just reading about all your baking! I wouldn't dare, and that's the truth. Our Bobbi can make do with just a taste of something, but once I've tasted, I want more - and more - and MORE. I really can't allow myself too many sweets. And as far as baking them like you do, well, I just don't have your iron will (about that OR the daily exercise).
I like that peppermint oil on the cotton ball tip, too. We get our share of field mice in the attic when it starts getting cold outside. They don't come into the main part of the house because of our two cats, but the attic has little mouse poops back around the eaves sometimes. I will be installing peppermint balls forthwith!
Welcome Kim & Giovanna - Giovanna, you were "Ducky", right? (Don't mind me - my senior moments are having their OWN senior moments these days!)
Bobbi & Lynn, you just may be starting a whole new craze here at 3FC - I think I'll get myself one of those stepper-thingies for Christmas if I have any money left from all my other gift-buying.
Institches, I always used to love sitting in the quiet living room with just the tree lights on late on Christmas eve after all the toys were put together, all the gifts were under the tree, and the kids were in bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.... More recently, with no toys to put together and no little kiddos waiting to leap up on Christmas morning, we have switched to a very sophistocated (bah, humbug) topiary tree in an urn - about 4 feet tall - that we put on the chest that we use for a coffee table in the living room. It has it's own white lights, and all we do is plug it in. The rest of the year it stays in a closet. It still looks nice, I guess, but the excitement has all moved to my children's houses now that THEIR children are the ones anxiously awaiting Christmas morning.
Oh, Freda! I hope you don't get sent back to work before the end of the year! That seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me! I'm not sure that I've become quite as discerning about eating only what I really want as you have, but I'm doing better on that front. There was a time when I would eat just about anything (even liver, for gawd's sake!) but I've sort of managed to give myself permission to dislike - and therefore not eat - quite a few things, now, so I feel a little bit better, anyway.
Donna, don't you go outside and freeze to death, now! You may think you're a grizzly bear, but trust me - you don't have all that nice warm, insulating fur! We're supposed to maybe be getting a little snow this weekend, but yesterday it actually hit 70 degrees here in the northeast! REALLY extraordinary! I think we may have broken a few records or something. I could get used to this kind of a winter with no trouble at all!
Hi Rosey! Hi Karen!
Bouncing back to work, now - Have a fabulous weekend, one and all!

Z
Old 12-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #55  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, oh Perky Ones!! You're all in fine fettle today!!

I had to break down and "up" my squiggly thingie to reflect that mysterious 2# gain... gives me incentive to make the weight challenge for the month, though!

Kim, go to the bottom of this page where you'll see "forum jump" - find Age 50+ - click "go".... at the top left of your destination page, you'll see Winter Challenge, and that's where you'll find all these dedicated exercisers and steppers (and a few less-than-stellars, such as myself!).

My flannel jammies are my friend! I'm definitely staying inside where it's warm!! Another storm acomin' this weekend, or so we're told! Brrrr.

Happy Friday!!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #56  
New ME in 2010!

Quote:
Lynn has a Winter Challenge going on and the point of it is forming a good habit that will help us in our daily lives.
I HAVE one of those! It is in my quilt room - got it at GNC on special for $39 last year, still have to put the counter on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Kim, go to the bottom of this page where you'll see "forum jump" - find Age 50+ - click "go".... at the top left of your destination page, you'll see Winter Challenge, and that's where you'll find all these dedicated exercisers and steppers (and a few less-than-stellars, such as myself!).
you SO much for the directions! I'm off to get them and get'r done!

You ALL are so helpful!
See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #57  
Bobbi

Goody-goody Kim...So glad you joined Lynn and I. Who else has a hidden stepper hiding in the basement? Zoe.....go buy your's right now. You're worth $69.00, order it today and you can join us in a few days.

Quote:
I will use my stepper each day throughout the rest of the challenge.
I will mark my numbers down for how many steps I took on JUST the stepper throughout the day (accumulative).
I will be faithful in my recordings for myself and for my 3FC community!
Pinky Swear!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #58  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Goody-goody Kim...So glad you joined Lynn and I. Who else has a hidden stepper hiding in the basement? Zoe.....go buy your's right now. You're worth $69.00, order it today and you can join us in a few days.
WOW! Bobbolink! HOW do you DO that??? You did a quote from another thread and posted it here??? Did you do a cut and paste thingy???
Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #59  
Bobbi

Yes, copy & paste. You can copy and paste articles from anywhere on the web and paste here. It works great for taking recipes off the internet and posting here too!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #60  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Kim, if you have questions about how or where to do something, please ask... I just finished sorely trying the patience of all these lovely ladies, so the information is fresh in my mind. If it makes you feel better, you can send me a private message, too. (click on jess1 above my name)
Closed Thread