Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #31  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

My but this board has been busy!

LYNN ~Please put me down for 5 lbs for December. I have bone spurs too, perhaps I'll try the stepper. It sounds like you and Bobbi really go to town on it! I hope your surgery goes off without a hitch.

Z ~Well, 150 may not be your ultimate goal, but it's pretty close. It's funny about sizes. I am anywhere from a 10 to a 14, and NO, I don't buy expensive clothes. I know the last time I was in a 10 was 10 years ago and 20 lbs ago. I just don't get it.

ISABELLA ~You are one tough cookie! I don't think I could resist eating fresh baked cookies, so I will not be baking this year Can you share your polenta recipe?

KIM ~ Welcome You may share any info you like. Hope you and hubby get better soon.

BOBBI ~ You wear me out! I am going to check into your stepper. I don't have room for a treadmill or anything else.

I lost a pound so far this month! I know it will be back tomorrow so not too excited, but better than a gain. I did have a NSV on Monday, though. I went to the Dr. (I have bronchitis) and we were discussing my glucose level, which is now in the normal range since I changed my ways and lost 25 lbs. Anyway, when talking about avoiding diabetes, he said "Don't get fat." Uh, I AM fat, can't you see that? I had not seen him for a few years, and the last time I did he said to lose weight. Maybe he needs glasses, or maybe I am an invisble old broad, but hey, it made my day!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Hi December Golden Girls!
This thread really caught my eye - I consider myself a "December Golden Girl" having a birthday this month!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I had started on a new WOE 11/30/09, but am having some neck problems and health issues with hubby - so I am putting it off until January 4 (cuz it is good to start on a Monday).

I really like this site and from what I have read - there is a bunch of great people here on 3FC!

I have signed up for the 3FC Blog and also at FitDay. Let me know what you think. ALL ideas are appreciated!

Am I allowed to say what program I plan on using? Still so NEW at this, want to stay within the guidelines.
Hi Prairie Chick,

WELCOME! When is your birthday?

Yes - you can tell us your program. Quite a few of us on this thread are calorie counters. I also watch my carbs bc of diabetes.

Glad you decided to join us.

Lynn
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #33  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Welcome PrairieChick. You sound like you're getting things organized with your weight loss. We are all doing different diets/lifestyle changes. If you go to the main forum page you'll see a section called "Diet Central" where many diet programs are discussed. So unless there is some advertising gimmick connected with your program you are allowed to talk about it. I'm a calorie counter and use fitday every day to track everything I eat. I try to keep my calories between 1200-1400.

Come back every day and check in with us and of course other threads as well. There are so many that it'll take you weeks to settle in to your favorites. But I hope this will be one of your favorite places to post.

Bobbi, we did our basement floor last year. I did a lot of trotting up and down stairs then too. DH did most of the work though as mom was with us then and needed my attention.

Freda, Late to the game, I've finished the cookies for today and also made a fruit cake (divided into 3 small loaves) and I haven't eaten anything except to lick a few fingers now and then. I was so tempted to have 1 cookie but I'm still keeping to my fall challenge of only eating one dessert per week and that won't be until Saturday. All the cookies I made will be given away to the Seniors home and to family. I'm not even taking any home with me.

Late to the game, the polenta was really good. I made a basic corn meal with salted water. When it was cooked I stirred in about 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and poured it out on a dinner plate to set. (I only made a small amount: 1/2 cup corn meal to 1 1/2 cups water). Then I sauteed onion, peppers, mushrooms and veggie "chicken" together and piled it on top of the polenta. I topped that off with about another 1/2 cup of cheese and baked it until everything was heated through. I served it with spaghetti sauce. If DS had had Parmesan cheese I would have used that in the cornmeal mix.

Lynn, Mondays are good for me to let everyone know my weigh in results. Good luck with that surgery. When are you expecting to have it?

A big wave to everyone else. Hope you all had a great day.

Last edited by retiredone; 12-02-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
Lynn, Please put me down for 5 lbs for December. I have bone spurs too, perhaps I'll try the stepper. It sounds like you and Bobbi really go to town on it! I hope your surgery goes off without a hitch.
:
My bone spurs are on the tops of my feet. Typically, walking has caused pain bc of top of sneaker rubbing on them. For some strange reason, the stepping seems to have helped them????

Lynn
Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #35  

Golden Girl December Weight Loss Goal = 30 lbs.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

New Alphabet

A is for apple, and B is for boat,
That used to be right, but now it won't float!
Age before beauty is what we once said,
But let's be a bit more realistic instead.

Now
The Alphabet:

A's for arthritis;
B's the bad back,
C's the chest pains,
Perhaps car-d-iac?

D is for dental decay and decline,
E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!
F is for fissures and fluid retention
G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.

H High blood pressure--I'd rather it low
I for incisions with scars you can show.
J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K is for knees that crack when they bend.
L for libido, what happened to sex?
M is for memory, I forget what comes next.
N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low
O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few,
Just give me a pill, I'll be good as new!
Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?
R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,
T is for Tinnitus, bells in my ears!
U is for urinary, troubles with flow;
V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy', you know.

W for worry, NOW what's going 'round?
X is for x-ray, and what might be found.
Y for another year I'm left here behind,
Z is for zest I still have-- in my mind.

I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,
And I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #37  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
KIM ~ Welcome You may share any info you like. Hope you and hubby get better soon.
SO much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Prairie Chick,

WELCOME! When is your birthday?

Yes - you can tell us your program. Quite a few of us on this thread are calorie counters. I also watch my carbs bc of diabetes.

Glad you decided to join us.

Lynn
Hi Lynn - for the Welcome!

My Birthday is Dec. 22 - I will be 55! I will now get to order the Senior Menu and what is BEST about that, is the portions are smaller!

The program that excites me right now is "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant.

I have been on so many others - but for some reason this one really caught my eye. Being 55, Hypothyroid, Menopausal and all, I figured the losses that people are having going through this program - it was worth a try - well not just a try - but a 110% Effort! So I'm back on the wagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Welcome PrairieChick. You sound like you're getting things organized with your weight loss. We are all doing different diets/lifestyle changes. If you go to the main forum page you'll see a section called "Diet Central" where many diet programs are discussed. So unless there is some advertising gimmick connected with your program you are allowed to talk about it. I'm a calorie counter and use fitday every day to track everything I eat. I try to keep my calories between 1200-1400.

Come back every day and check in with us and of course other threads as well. There are so many that it'll take you weeks to settle in to your favorites. But I hope this will be one of your favorite places to post.
Retiredone for the welcome and the GREAT directions to start with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Now
The Alphabet:
A's for arthritis;
Karen That was GREAT! I resemble that Alphabet!

everyone - I feel so welcome already!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-02-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #38  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to the Newbies.... I can say that now! This IS a great group, lots of energy and good words and KINDNESS. I like them! I'm sure you'll like it here, too...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #39  
Donna

I think we should put our birth day and month under our atavar, just so we can say "happy day" to those celebrating... is that a good or a bad idea?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #40  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
I think we should put our birth day and month under our atavar, just so we can say "happy day" to those celebrating... is that a good or a bad idea?
I like the idea! I'm gon'a do that right now!

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Dec. 22

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-02-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #41  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning all, especially to new member Kim!
I thought it was a good idea to put our birthdays under our name but dummy me forgot how to do it. I've been around awhile and haven't messed with my data in a long time. I just changed my ticker to reflect Christmas, where do we enter our birthdays?
Lynn...you inspired me to jump back on the stepper last night to complete my 1000 steps. I was so tired but went lickadee-split just to get my last 500 steps in fast and over with. It's amazing how my adrenaline kicked in and I could have gone way over! This is another good reason we all need each other on the Golden Girls. We all have aches and pains and our bodies don't work as well. When you all
post your stats and accomplishments, the fact that you all work through the pain brings out the competion in me. That works for all of us! To all the Golden Girls that post here, I love you!
I'm not joining your new weight loss challenge but I'll be your cheer leader!
Off to the basement to help lay down new flooring. We're doing the whole basement except for the laundry room. That needs to stay 'cement floor only'. Drain for washer, etc. Have a good one, bye.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #42  
Bobbi

Geeezze Kim, I just noticed you're from Wyoming! My hubby would like to get to know you, He has hunted big game in your state for years and years, me too. I love the beautiful deer, elk and antelope too much to shoot them but it's a long way to go for one license, therefore I have to get a license for a second one. The last few years he's hire a guide for trophy hunting, then I get to stay home.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #43  

Good Morning every one,

Had a good night. We went to see DGD recieve an award for the poster she made in school. As she said "it's a big deal and you have to dress up". And I could, because my dress clothes FIT. What a wonderful feeling! Another "moment" was when I picked up a cookie from the refreshment table and took a bite. It wasn't that great. I spit it into my napkin and threw it away. Pick and choose. Don't have to eat just because it's there.

Kim, Welcome!! Hope to see you here a lot and get to know you. You won't find a more supportive group. Looks like we both have birthdays coming up. Mine is Dec 11.

Late to the game, I hope you have a shorter name! ha! Hoping to see
you here often.

Went back to the Dr. yesterday and he said I had to wear the cast untill Dec 23. I may have to go back to work for Christmas. Isn't that just peachy? I am anxious to get back to work, but for Christmas!!!!

Everyone have a great day,

Freda
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #44  
Bobbi

Peppermint not just for Candy...
Quote:
Food is a focal point for many holiday gatherings, and not all of it is healthy. To help reduce the symptoms of heartburn, indigestion, nausea, or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), consider peppermint. The dried leaves of the peppermint plant come in teas (look for 100 percent pure peppermint leaves), oils (both enteric-coated capsules for swallowing, and essential oils for topical use - I recommend essential oil containing at least 44 percent free menthol), as well as creams and rubs.

While peppermint can help many, children should not be given peppermint tea - it can cause a choking sensation. Similarly, adults with gastro-esophageal reflux syndrome (GERD) should avoid peppermint as it can worsen symptoms. In addition, be sure to never ingest undiluted peppermint oil, which can be toxic.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #45  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Apparently, we can't put b'days in the avatar section, so I just added mine to the bottom of my signature (user CP: edit signature).

I pulled out the hated scale and have GAINED 2#. How did that happen??? I'd better pull out the jug of water with lemon juice for a day or so... I'm so not impressed with this whole deal, dontcha know??

Bitter cold here. Maybe that accounts for the above; maybe I'm really a grizzly bear in a big-boned crone body?

Hope all are well, get good news, and have a lovely day!!
Closed Thread