3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Quilters, Crafters, and Chatters for Weight Loss

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #121

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

[quote=cajungirl64;3062740]HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :
JANE: I do the same thing..I take all the Christmas decorations down the day after Christmas.

CAROL: I think I found the pound you lost!! Keep me posted to your results with your Dr. ok?

LINDA: Nice to get a note from you over here!!

OH MY Girlfriend: I lost another pound!

Went to the Drs yesterday and did the breathing thing. DH went with me. The lady said she couldn't say much, but looking at the printout after I was finished....the problem I'm having is due to the lungs.....NOT the heart, so that's a good thing.

Not really sure what's causing the shortness of breath, but said I should keep at it and get to the bottom. She didn't think I should go hiking at high elevations or up and down hills. Thought just walking flat would be the best for me and no running. Kinda scary huh?

I made an appointment for Feb 15th (earliest appointment available and it's 6 weeks away) to see regular Dr and talk about possible problems. Asthma, Valley fever, having had pleurisy, (sp). She said all these factors can, over time cause symptoms like mine.

At least now I don't feel like I've not tried hard enough to keep up "with the pack" when we go out for exercise. Now I know it's not because I'm not in good shape. I'm always last and feel bad that others are always having to wait for me. I've always pushed myself because I thought that was strengthening the lungs.

That's how I got lost last year at Tahoe on the 5K walk, since I knew no one else who wanted to walk as slow as me and go together. I just couldn't keep up the pace with the last girls. They didn't have people along the path telling us what path to take...... OR maybe they did...... and I was so far behind they thought no one else was back there. But I got to meet a lot of nice people while I was asking for directions how to get back to Pope Beach. AND, my 5K turned into a 10K. I did come in from the wrong side, along the lake, but hey, I know I did at least a 7 mile loop and walked way more than anyone else in that race. I should have gotten the 10K medal. Darn! Not fair!!

Even the Forest Ranger told my daughter that I was pretty far away from the finish line at Pope Beach. I'm so glad I had my cell phone and could talk to someone. She was telling the Ranger I was lost and asked him about where I was in relation to the finish line....while I was walking. I was talking to her and telling her what housing track I was in. Now it's funny to think about, but it wasn't funny that day. I just wanted to reach the finish line.

I'd love to do that walk again with dh at my side and him wearing his GPS unit. I'd love to really see how far I walked that day. It wasn't hard, I just didn't have a clue where I was. I knew the direction of the lake so I just headed in that direction.

Well, gotta get going, hair appointment today.
Every one have a wonderful day!
Carol
Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #122

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Just a quick flyby. Busy getting last minute things done before DD and her family get here this evening. Got one more load of clothes in the dryer to fold and put away. We keep old pc's for kids to play games on so DH is busy getting those ready for the kids. I'd like to get everything done so I'm not so tired that I can't enjoy them.

My first day off low carbs tells me that I need to work on a combo type thing while they are heare. So I'm making my plans accordingly.

Wishing all of you a Happy, safe and prosperous New Year!!!

Have a nice day.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #123
Find your path

Just a quick pop-in to say hi.

The girls just left, and I want to get to town for fresh groceries.

Have a good day!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #124

I have had 3 really terrific IE days now. I checked the scales just for the fun of it and I was down half a lb. I was surprised that I was not all that hungry and I didn't eat a whole lot. Hunger was minimal amount of hunger so it didn't take all that much to satisfy me. I even cooked a really nice dinner for the family who came in from out of town and never even thought of eating any of it. It was really a strange but wonderful experience. I thinking that I may have just eased into IE without even trying. Sure would be nice not to worry about food any more. So I am going to just roll with it. Just follow the 4 Golden Rules I learned on another IE site.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everybody!!!

Trish

Old 12-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #125

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just wanted to wish everyone an early Happy New Year!

Christmas has been wonderful this year, but I'll be very happy to have the holiday season behind us and get on with a new year and a clean slate to start eating healthy and taking better care of myself. This is going to be the year for "Me!"
Old 12-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #126
Find your path

Happy New Year!!

I'm with Linda - this is going to be the year for "me"
Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Happy New Year!!

I'm with Linda - this is going to be the year for "me"
I'm joining in with you two... ME TOO!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Trish

Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #128
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #129

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

"Happy New 2010!"

Carol
Old 01-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #130

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We've had our sauerkraut and black-eyed peas for good luck, and the last of the Christmas stuff has been stored away for another year. Now I can totally relax for the rest of the weekend.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #131
Find your path

Don't post here.... please go to the new Quilters, Crafters, and Chatters for Weight Loss #2 thread.

See you there!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.