Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #76  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

GREAT to meet ya SouthernMaven!
Fantastic weight loss! I'm just starting...I have a ways to go!
If God should give me the time...I'll be at or near goal, this time next year!
Just tak'n it one day at a time with His help!

The work you are do'n on rosaries sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad you had a nice trip, Jane, and hope you had a great day with your family today. I bet Disney World was just beautiful all decked out for Christmas.

Hi, SouthernMaven, and welcome! Your hobby of making rosaries sounds fascinating. Do you donate them or sell them at craft shows?

We had freezing rain and icy roads today, and that put a damper on my plans to finish up my Christmas shopping. My granddaughter came over in the afternoon, though, and we had a good time baking and decorating sugar cookies. Luckily, they aren't my favorite, and she was very happy to take them all home with her after supper. Yesterday I baked gingerbread men with my other two granddaughters and sent the cookies home with them, too. Tomorrow I'll start baking my DH's special requests, and that's where it will become a challenge for me. I vow to remain strong and resist the temptations!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hello all-
Welcome SouthernMaven. Yes, your rosary bead project sounds very interesting. Do you have pictures or instructions to share?

Good job everyone on your holiday prep. Our holiday is so laid back - no stress here.

Had a bad couple hours with food yesterday but I'm back on track today. Think I've been trying to do too great of a deficit and it leads me into binge thinking so I'm upping the calories a bit and see if that helps.

Here's a picture of my latest completed project. I have no clue who will be the recipient of these clothes, but I was in the mood to make little girls clothes and I had the patterns and fabric so that's what I've been doing the last couple weeks. It was fun but I'm ready to move onto a new project. Think it might be bags/purses.

Cheers-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9657web.jpg (32.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #79  
GmaTo8

Good Monday morning to you!

SouthernMaven - to our little corner of 3FC! I'm so glad you found us! I'd say making the rosaries is a wonderful, and very interesting craft, plus very helpful for the missions. I look forward to knowing you better.

Trish - hope all is going well for you.

Dee - whoo hoo - where are you?

Kim - so Big Shot is kind of like a Cricut? Very handy machine, I bet. Your enthusiasm for life makes me smile. I'll bet you're a real hoot in person, and I'm so glad you're a part of this group.

Linda - I envy you your T'giving visitor. Ruth visited here a few years ago, and I know she is a very thoughtful and fun guest. I have to join you in the group that hasn't had much time to do crafts! Maybe after the first of the year, when things have settled down a bit we'll get back to it.

Institches
- it's nice that before long you'll be off work and can get your shopping done. The stores are getting so congested now, and I have noticed that some of the shoppers have lost their holiday cheer, and are grumpy instead.

MBN - a big whoo hoo to you for losing, and for planning your holiday eating strategy. Having a plan is so important, and makes it so much easier to stay OP.

Kris - wow, those clothes are so cute!! The recipient will be one lucky little girl! I've seen some very neat patterns for totes and such lately. They've come a long way with that kind of thing. YAY for you, getting right back OP. It's not easy, I know.

Penguin - I really miss your posts and hope you get your computer back running again.

A big hello to anyone reading this!

Walt Disney World was so much fun! It was chillier than normal, but still much warmer than Indiana. I'm always so glad to get back home, though.

Yesterday 12 of us in the family went to see The Princess and the Frog movie. How cute! Not just for girls, boys would like it, too.

My big plan to maintain through the holidays has already gone bust. I'm showing a gain, and so I have gotten back OP. Not sure how I'm going to make it through all the holiday dinners and parties, but I'll take it one day at a time, and have a plan ready.

Have a good day,

PS While I'm counting my Christmas blessings, I'm counting each of you. A couple of you have been my friend for a good while already, and the rest of you are newer friends to me, but I am so glad you each are a part of my life.

Last edited by Jane; 12-14-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #80  

Jane, you reminded me that Christmas is time for cherishing your family and friends, and I want to thank each one of you for making this community the happy, caring, nourishing place that it is.

Kris, that's going to be a very lucky little girl who recieves those gorgeous clothes you made! They are adorable!

I've lingered over my coffee way too long this morning, and have to get busy baking another batch of cookies and wrapping more presents before I go off to work. Yuck, the kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing ASAP, too!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #81  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Kim - so Big Shot is kind of like a Cricut? Very handy machine, I bet. Your enthusiasm for life makes me smile. I'll bet you're a real hoot in person, and I'm so glad you're a part of this group.
Awwww....you are making me blush! A Big Shot machine is sorta like a Cricut - the Big Shot uses dies that you run through a rolling machine (Big Shot) and it cuts the pieces out that you want. Not as HIGH tech as a cricut - but nether is my pocket book!

This group is awesome - every one of you inspire me! I guess you all are what keeps me go'n!

Weighed in today for the first time....drum roll.....I lost 7 pounds on the first week of "Crack the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant! Awesome!
Now, you think I had energy then....you should see me now!!! Just in time for the Holidays - PERFECT timing!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby just to say hello and I'm STILL here just busy, busy. Had teeth cleaned and they found I needed a filling. So got the dental work done yesterday and they had to fill the one next to it so ended up with 2 fillings instead of one. DH has doctor appts today and Thursday and I have last BSF meeting for the year tomorrow. Hopefully Friday and Saturday will be stay at home days.

Jane Glad you had fun at DW and glad your home safe.

All Newbies Glad to have you with us.

Well, I hope to maintain during the holidays as well. I'm doing lowcarb and doing pretty well. DH and I ate at MDs yesterday and we always share a combo and I have to make that a Carbohydrate Addicts Day instead of my normal low carb. That will be the way I get through the holiday I'm sure. It keeps me almost maintaining. I was up a lb today, but I know that if I can stay OP today it will go back down tomorrow.

I'll try to check in again Friday if I can.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #83  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all dieting crafters! It seems many here are also Christians which will work out for me, I have some challenges there too. I make jewelry, wire and beaded, and also some "altered art" items. I'm guilty of the "I'll start with the new year" mindset, but now that I've read what Lori Bell wrote, I feel even more guilty for even thinking it. I've given my weight for the biggest loser challenge, so really there's no excuse. I'm glad to have found this group - I'm just hoping you all won't regret letting me in =)

Dora from Oregon
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #84  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies! Just checking in ... I've stayed mostly on-plan through the many holiday social events. I did have a pretty major crash and burn day last Saturday (Doritos and candy and doughnuts, oh my!), but the next day I clocked a personal best half-marathon time, so I guess the sugar load helped me out there!

My weight has been floating around the low end of my maintenance range, so I'm feeling good about that. I've been running a lot of mileage the last few weeks, so that extra calorie burn helps a LOT. I've got one more work-place lunch and one more Friday night party before Christmas. Those will be easier - I have pre-planned my restaurant lunch from the online menu (lean turkey and steamed broccoli) and the Friday evening party involves dancing. I can dance the night away with DH and ignore the food tables!

I have to tell you, the food tables are much easier to ignore when you have the energy and confidence to dance away in a sexy little black dress. Unlike a few years ago when the thought of a party threw me into a virtual panic, because I had gained too much weight to fit ANYTHING remotely party-appropriate. And, since I couldn't bring myself to invest in a larger size for holiday dresses (because, of course, I was going to lose weight after the New Year) I sausaged my way into too-tight party dresses, hoping the girdle of my pantyhose would somehow defy the physical principle of conservation of matter and squeeze some inches into an alternate dimension. I love to dance, but not when the waistband of said pantyhose was slowly rolling down to my hips, threatening to slip off altogether (and leaving very unattractive bulges in the process!). Those are the party photos that you burn .... Yep, it makes all of this weight loss and maintenance stuff TOTALLY worth it!

I have pretty much finished my Christmas shopping, just one or two little odds and ends left. I still have some wrapping to do, but this puts me in good shape compared to many years! I'm taking the next two weeks off, and should have the time to clock in some extra workouts before we go up North to visit my family. I can't maintain the same exercise schedule there, and inevitably eat more, so I try to compensate by being extra good before and after. And then enjoy my vist!! (life's too short not to have the pie and wine sometimes)
Old 12-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #85  
GmaTo8

Good morning all,

Linda - lots to do before Christmas, isn't there? My DD Katie is coming over to help me clean before the party here on Friday, since I'll be so busy with the food prep. What kind of cookies did you make?

Kim - Way to go on your big loss!! That's wonderful! OIC about the Big Shot. My budget doesn't support the Cricut, either, lol.

Trish - sounds like you have a very busy schedule! Hopefully, things will slow down for all of us after the new year.

Dora - to our little corner of 3FC! I'm so happy you found us, and I look forward to knowing more about you. If you want, post some photos of the jewelry you've made. I'd love to see it.

MBN - thanks for the laugh of the image of the rolling-down pantyhose. Been there, done that, lol. Now I just try and squeeze everything into my Spanx, lol. I personally have 4 more food-centered events to get through before Jan. 1. Yikes!

Hello to everyone reading this.

My reality is that I will be very happy with a maintain between now and the new year. I usually gain quite a few pounds over the holidays, so maintaining would be an awesome victory for me. So far, so good.

Today I am doing some prep work for a Christmas celebration on Friday with Neal's family. There will be only 21 of us, since my son and his family can't make it.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #86  

HI, everyone!

Dora! I'd love to see some pictures of your jewelry, too. My DD makes beaded jewelry, and it looks like such a fun and satisfying hobby. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

I enjoyed the image of the rolling band pantyhose. Yes, been there done that, LOL! Actually, it's not funny, is it. But we're all here to try to make sure that doesn't happen to us anymore!

I'll be thrilled if I can get through this holiday season with just maintaining, too! I have several food related events to make it through, and quite a few cocktail parties.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Hello ladies,
I'm a newbie and your thread sounded so much fun, I thought I'd jump on in.

I'm a crafter who likes to paint on wood. If I didn't like wood so much, I'd be a quilter, or at least do something with material. I love the beautiful fabrics!! I love to sew, but I learned how to Tole paint and it's taken over my life ever since. I enjoy cutting my own pieces too. DH built me a wood shop in the back yard.

Painting has helped me not gain as much weight because I can't eat and touch the wood with greasy fingers. LOL Have to choose times for snacking.

I'm doing Crack the Fat Loss Code by Wendy Chant. This is my 6th week and I've lost 13 pounds. It's slow going, but that's ok. I've been on every diet that's come by since 1962. You name it, I've been on it....for a few days. I did reach goal from WW after 1 1/2 years..... after joining 10 times. Felt really good....for about a year. Then Dr. took me off estrogen and I started gaining. Mostly around the "muffin top" area. Rest is history. Just trying to get back to where I was.

I'm sure posting with others with the same problems will help me stay focused so I can reach that end number and stay there.

Nice meeting everyone, Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #88  

Carol! Your hobby sounds fascinating! Do you just paint on different shapes of wood, or do you also paint wooden figures, etc.? That's a fun way to keep your hands and mind occupied and away from snacking.

I'm finishing up the wrapping this morning, and I'll be all done except for picking up two gift certificates tomorrow. We have a busy weekend planned with several parties, but were expecting a significant snowstorm, so it will be interesting to see what happens. If we're snowed in, I'm going to spend the time working on my cross-stitch.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Carol! Your hobby sounds fascinating! Do you just paint on different shapes of wood, or do you also paint wooden figures, etc.? That's a fun way to keep your hands and mind occupied and away from snacking.

I'm finishing up the wrapping this morning, and I'll be all done except for picking up two gift certificates tomorrow. We have a busy weekend planned with several parties, but were expecting a significant snowstorm, so it will be interesting to see what happens. If we're snowed in, I'm going to spend the time working on my cross-stitch.
Good Morning Cottage,
Doesn't it make you feel good getting all the wrappings finished and it's not Christmas yet? We finished shopping last week and everything is under the tree. I think this is a first.

We put up our 4 ft tree with all my hand painted ornaments on it, plus a few that friends have given me over the years, it looks very country.

When the kids were little, I started painting the white wear statues, and that moved into the Tole painting.

I have always enjoyed reducing patterns, so I enjoy painting pins. Retired from the school district after 22 years working in the classroom with special education students. Worked 3 hours a day, so that gave me time to come home and paint in the afternoons. I painted pins for the teachers for many years. I retired a year ago and stay home now and paint my days away.

Got tired of hauling the boxes so started a store on ebay for 5 years, but fees ate me a live, so closed it. Don't think I can mention the other site but sell on the web and to girls at the schools. It takes time to "get known" and I love to paint for the holidays, so I make most of my sales from September to November. I love to paint snowmen.

When our first grand daughter was born 20 years ago, I started painting ornaments. I wanted to paint her one a year so she would have an assortment when she was out on her own..... and they would be from Grandma. Well, she says I can't stop now, she expects one every year till I give up my brushes. Plus we now have three other grand daughters that need ornaments too. I'm working on small ornaments for the 24" trees, to give to each girl when they go away to college.

Started cutting my wood to save on cost and love being in the woodshed. I make signs, shelf sitter blocks, small accent lamps. Lots of "sits about" little things. I've painted on shirts, stepping stones, and rusty tin. If it doesn't move, I paint it. I'm starting to slow down buying tole books. Don't think I'll have time to paint all the patterns I have now.

I use to cross stitch and loved it! I did it with the tear away material on sweat shirts. Oh, the patterns were so cute. But it's harder to see now, so I gave all my booklet patterns to our youngest daughter.

I've dabbled in scrapping and enjoy that too, but I'm to slow. Our oldest daughter loves it. Her craft room is all paper stuff, and mine is all wood and rusty things.

Oh, sounds like you're going to be in for a freezin' season back there. Brrrr! Be safe going to your parties! We've had some nippy mornings with ice on the truck parked in front of the house, but the afternoons have been in the low 60's, so that's not terribly bad. Cold for us, but not like the cold in the eastern US.

When you cross stitch, do you frame your work? Do you cross stitch little things? Ornaments? Dish towels? Pillow cases?

Well, I've written a book this morning so think I'll go finish my coffee. House is starting to warm up.

Felt so good to go to water aerobics yesterday, think I'll go for an hour today. The water was nice and warm. I sit so much, I really need to do this every day to get some kind of exercise. If it warms up, then I like to go walking for 30 minutes too.

Thank you for your note. Enjoy your day.
Carol

See ya lighter!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #90  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo! Another day - another pound! Maybe????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Hi all dieting crafters! It seems many here are also Christians which will work out for me, I have some challenges there too. I make jewelry, wire and beaded, and also some "altered art" items. I'm guilty of the "I'll start with the new year" mindset, but now that I've read what Lori Bell wrote, I feel even more guilty for even thinking it. I've given my weight for the biggest loser challenge, so really there's no excuse. I'm glad to have found this group - I'm just hoping you all won't regret letting me in =)
Dora from Oregon
Dora!
I too am a Christian, which make this time a year VERY special!
Lori Bell is AWESOME! She read a thread of mine about waiting for the New Year to start and talked me out of it - I will be forever grateful to her - love her story about her weight loss too!

I'm so GLAD you found us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
I have to tell you, the food tables are much easier to ignore when you have the energy and confidence to dance away in a sexy little black dress. Unlike a few years ago when the thought of a party threw me into a virtual panic, because I had gained too much weight to fit ANYTHING remotely party-appropriate.

Yep, it makes all of this weight loss and maintenance stuff TOTALLY worth it!

I try to compensate by being extra good before and after. And then enjoy my vist!! (life's too short not to have the pie and wine sometimes)
I thought I was the ONLY ONE!
Wonderful encouragement for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Kim - Way to go on your big loss!! That's wonderful! OIC about the Big Shot. My budget doesn't support the Cricut, either, lol.
Thank you SO MUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post

"Chatty"! hehehe
You just keep up your writings - I L♥V'm!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Closed Thread