Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Hi all,

Kris - wow, I LOVE that fabric! The possibilities are endless! Are those unattached squares, or what? I think boxing would be fun, especially if a person had some stress to vent, lol.
It's one big (about 45" square) piece of fabric that has been screen printed. Just looking at it, it looks like she must have screens (?) that are between 5-9 inches in different shapes. I wonder if the technique is something like stamping? I'm really not sure but it is a lovely piece of fabric. I'm going to hang it on my design wall in my studio until I decide what to do with it.

One idea I have is to embellish the fabric with stitching, different fibers, trims and then use the finished piece as pillow covers. Or, I thought I could use it as a fabric for a purse.

And yes....some days I REALLY get into the boxing....especially on Monday mornings when I get on the random number generator and it says "sorry - you didn't lose any fat this week". I hate the random number generator...I'm so close to pitching it into the bush.....you can't imagine!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
FOUND YA! I love the search feature on this site!

Just mark'n my spot - need to and get some things done!
I'm NEW here, finding my way around :books2:

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Welcome, Kim!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #63  

Kim,
Thanks for sharing the quote from Lori Bell. What a great post. Listening to my sisters lately, how they are all out eating fudge and cookies and candies and all and AFTER THE HOLIDAYS they will pull it together just makes me cringe. I so want to tell them - basically what Lori said - but haven't been able to do it without sounding sanctimonious so I've just kept my mouth shut.

Whether or not they (my sisters) get the message, I am grateful that you posted this as I needed to hear it - just to keep myself strong and motivated. Just because it's the month of December does not mean I need to, want to or get to slack off. I'm in this game - this game of changing my life and my body - full time.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #64  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisR View Post
And yes....some days I REALLY get into the boxing....especially on Monday mornings when I get on the random number generator and it says "sorry - you didn't lose any fat this week". I hate the random number generator...I'm so close to pitching it into the bush.....you can't imagine!
I feel it!

Quote:
Welcome, Kim!
Thank you SO MUCH!

Quote:
Kim,
Thanks for sharing the quote from Lori Bell. What a great post. Listening to my sisters lately, how they are all out eating fudge and cookies and candies and all and AFTER THE HOLIDAYS they will pull it together just makes me cringe. I so want to tell them - basically what Lori said - but haven't been able to do it without sounding sanctimonious so I've just kept my mouth shut.

Whether or not they (my sisters) get the message, I am grateful that you posted this as I needed to hear it - just to keep myself strong and motivated. Just because it's the month of December does not mean I need to, want to or get to slack off. I'm in this game - this game of changing my life and my body - full time.
Thanks again.
Awww...you are so welcome! It is a great motivational to me too! Glad you liked it! AGAIN! NEVER can get enough hugs!

Well, got to get mov'n again....
put dinner on the table...

See ya Lighter!
Kim

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-08-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quick flyby just to say Jane, you and Neal have a fun trip.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 AM   #66  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Hi gals - just a quick pop in to say hi! It's been so busy with parties, running, work, kids, and Christmas stuff! After the Thanksgiving weekend (and a couple of days of seriously off-plan eating), I got back on plan and got an unexpected swoosh loss of a couple of pounds. I'm actually floating at the bottom and even a little below my maintenance range. I'm thrilled with that, at this time of year! I think maybe after so many weeks of very strict on-plan eating, my couple of days of off-plan eating made my body go - whoa, I'm not starving!, and release a little weight. Who knows? I'm also running and working out a lot right now so that is also a factor, I'm sure. I'm trying to keep the holiday party eating and drinking under control so I can save my "splurging" for my annual Christmas trip up North to see my family.

I have several more lunch/dinner parties this week (again) and my strategy is to pick *one* to indulge a little and be very strict with all of the others. That way I'm not going too far off plan for more than one meal a week, which in maintenance I can handle. It's when it turns into another, and another, and another, day after day --- that's when it gets out of control. Even on that one splurge party, I pre-plan my alcoholic beverages to be as low cal as possible, skip any appetizers (unless it's low cal veggies or shrimp), and keep the meal portion sizes small. But I WILL have the dessert, even if I just eat a few bites!

Ah, the lovely world of maintenance -- plan, plan, plan. But if I DON'T go in with a plan, then I will overindulge, no question. Especially once I start drinkin'.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by MBN; 12-08-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #67  
GmaTo8

A quick hello,

DH Neal and I are taking off in the morning for Walt Disney World, just for 4 days, and I'm not taking the laptop with me. I'll be back here sometime Sunday, but if you need any help with this forum before then, just PM a mod or administrator.

Have a good week!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!

Sorry I've been scarce around here, but what with a VIP visitor (Ruthxxx) over Thanksgiving week, and getting ready for Christmas, life has been keeping me pretty busy lately! But the house is all decked out, inside and out, and my cards have been mailed, and shopping 90% done and wrapped. I still have baking to tackle, but I already warned my family that I'm cutting way back this year and will only do special requests.

Between all that, there hasn't been much time to work on my cross-stitch wreath that I was hoping to finish by Christmas. By the time I sit down at the end of the day, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open, lol!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #69  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Hi, everyone!

Sorry I've been scarce around here, but what with a VIP visitor (Ruthxxx) over Thanksgiving week, and getting ready for Christmas, life has been keeping me pretty busy lately! But the house is all decked out, inside and out, and my cards have been mailed, and shopping 90% done and wrapped. I still have baking to tackle, but I already warned my family that I'm cutting way back this year and will only do special requests.

Between all that, there hasn't been much time to work on my cross-stitch wreath that I was hoping to finish by Christmas. By the time I sit down at the end of the day, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open, lol!
You have SO MUCH ENERGY! Now, it is TIME to come over to my house and do it all over again! Pleeeeeeezzzzzzz?

I'm SO far behind!

Kim
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
You have SO MUCH ENERGY! Now, it is TIME to come over to my house and do it all over again! Pleeeeeeezzzzzzz?

I'm SO far behind!

Kim
Lol! I just may have to think about that offer. I'd love to visit Cheyenne one day! Hmmm, what do holiday planners get paid an hour?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #71  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thursday - 12/10/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Lol! I just may have to think about that offer. I'd love to visit Cheyenne one day! Hmmm, what do holiday planners get paid an hour?
Paid??? Just the JOY of being in Wyoming this time of year should be payment enough!

You are so funny!

Have a GREAT day everyone! ~ Kim
Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #72  
GmaTo8

Hello!

We're back from Florida, and I have a big day with family planned for tomorrow. Here's hoping you're having a great weekend, and I'll check back in on Monday.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Jane-Hope you had a fun trip, and enjoy your family time!!

Hi to Everyone-hope all is well!!

Had a fun day with my DN, but staying POP not so much. Well tomorrow is a brand new day, and looks like bad weather is in the forecast, so plan to sit and cross-stitch, and keeps my hands busy. Also plan to decorate our tree, and prep my lunches for the week, which is only 4 days and 5hrs on Friday, then off from work until the New Year. Then I can start my Christmas shopping

Well everyone have a Fun Sunday, and stay warm!! If you do need to go out, stay safe.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #74  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
...Also plan to decorate our tree...
I'm so glad there is someone else out there who hasn't done this yet!
Thanks for sharing - I feel more normal now!

Have a GREAT day - you sure have made mine!

See ya Lighter! ~ Kim
Old 12-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #75  

Just finding this thread and decided to join in!

I'm not much of a crafter, but I do have one thing I enjoy doing, which is making knotted twine rosaries. I alternate between this and making the mission rosaries, which are made with plastic beads. I do find that working on these when I am watching TV definitely keeps me from running for a snack.

Now that it's getting colder, having them to work on while sitting in front of a warm fire is even more relaxing.
Closed Thread