Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #211  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigawd, Karen. Not that it fits my circumstances, but that was funny nonetheless. Reminds me of my brother and his wife, actually. They're in their seventies and recently sold their house and moved into an upscale retirement community. My brother's wife Jane, who has waited on him hand and foot for the past fifty years was sleeping one morning when I called at @8:00. He said that he was "letting her sleep in for an extra half-hour or so" because she'd complained (such a complainer, that Jane!) of being tired from doing all the packing and then all the unpacking for their move. He tries to be considerate, after all, but he hopes she'll be up soon because he's getting hungry and "sure as heck hopes she's gonna get him some breakfast before it's time for lunch!" Auuuurrrgh.
I've got to say that all this talk of loose size sixes has me a bit green with envy. And here I am, celebrating because my size twelves are baggy! I guess I'd better scrap my plan for becoming the next all-American "mature" model......if there is such a thing, that is. I'm trying to become more comfortable in my own skin these days. I've spent my entire life "watching" my weight and bouncing up and down. Now I just want to stay at a healthy weight for myself, and try to enjoy life at the same time if that's possible. I got through Thanksgiving dinner fairly intelligently, I think - no potatoes (which everyone was raving about, so I feel pretty virtuous in not taking any) and reasonable-sized servings of white meat turkey and lean ham, cabbage, mashed turnip and one tablespoon (just one, honest!) of my daughter's pecan-glazed sweet potato casserole - omigawd, that tastes so decadent! Drank water and more water, and ate one sliver of chocolate <gulp> cream pie. (Still licking my lips from that). So, altogether not too excessive, but not strictly OP, either. C'est la vie.
Yesterday, DH and I went car-shopping. I think I may have mentioned that the transmission is gone on my 8-year-old Toyota Corolla? I wanted to stick with Toyota, didn't want to pay for a Prius, but wanted something that would get me 80 miles a day (40 in, 40 back) as economically as possible. We use DH's car for trips and such, so all I really need is a work - and errand-running car. So, we tried the Yaris and didn't like it, and went over to Nissan, tried the Versa hatchback and fell in love with it! Bought one in silver with charcoal gray interior - picking it up Monday. I drove it on the 'Pike IN THE RAIN, and it held the road beautifully up to 75mph (Under dry conditions, traffic flows at @ 80, unless there's a backup) and it performed well while braking, taking corners, etc. PLUS there's enough room (surprisingly) in the back seat for two carseats (the twinnies) and one passenger (their big sister). My daughter was very emphatic when we were comparing Yaris's and Versa's - and Honda Fits, as well - about the need for TWO carseats to fit in the back comfortably. Guess this old lady's going to be doing some driving around with a pack of grandkids in another couple of years!
Congrats, Isabelle! 2.5 pounds is awesome! And I know you won't let Thanksgiving get you sidetracked! Great job!
Freda, I'm so glad that your pain is subsiding some. Losing sleep because you're in pain just really runs down your whole system. I'm glad that you're in the advanced healing process - soon you'll be out there stepping with all the rest. (I'm still thinking about the stepping thing..... ) So far, I'm just doing a lot of THINKING...
Good grief, Bobbi and Lynn! PLEASE don't overdo with all that competition stuff! (This from a non-competitive, allergic-to-exercise sloth). But we DO want you both to retain enough energy to keep posting, and the way you're going, the stepping may get in the way of any time at the computer at all! (Unless you can step while at the computer, I suppose?) Oh, don't mind me...I'm just JEALOUS, is what it is. You'll both be toned (except for the boobies? ) and I'll still be gellatin-thighed Gertie up here in the cold northeast.
Hey, Gayle, Institches (do we know your actual name and I somehow missed it?) Donna, Rosey...and all the folks I'm sure to miss here....Happy post-Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good afternoon!!!

Z
Old 11-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #212  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

I was briefly insane with jealousy when I read about your size 6s, size 8s, size 4s... and then I remembered that those were too small for me when I lumbered out of the womb! Good grief! I'd be happy as a pig in poo with a size 14!! I am, as they say, big boned! And I think I'm getting some vicarious exercise through the stepper challengers! Oh, you make me tired!

I hope they keep this site working properly. I don't like change, at ALL, and checking out other sites was/is very unsettling. I'm very happy here!

Have to do something productive today! Have a lovely weekend!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #213  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

Just an easy, restful day. not too much running around. I ate healthy, drank all my water and i'm feeling very good about it.

Very funny Karen. Afraid i would have to vote along with the other juriors.

Bobbi, I'm pretty sure it would mean another size down for you, if you're already a loose 6. But it's so worth it (to me any way) to be toned. But I would hate to have to go out and buy all new clothes too. Sorry the boobs don't work that way. If they did we would all being doing that exercise!

Hi Z, We just got out of the 2 car seats in the back. Only one now, DGS is 10. And remember, you're 5'6", i'm just 5'1". I think Bobbi is taller than me too. One size does not fit all. Congratulations on making good choices for Thanksgiving.

You too, Donna. At 5'7" a size 6 would probably be really thin for you. Just being a good healthy weight should be our goal.

Freda
Old 11-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #214  

Hi everyone..i have been so busy i have not had a moment..my dd and grdd came early last sunday and we had the best time getting ready for thanksgiving..her dh and 2 grsons came wed..i had 26 for dinner but every one brought so i made d eggs,jello canberry salad(sfree) mashed potatoes and a pumpkin cheese cake with a ginger snap crust and a carmel topping..it was so good but i only had a tiny piece but everyone wanted the recipe ,my sil deep fat fired a turkey and my niece baked one ..it was fun busy and kids and dogs running all over..they put up my tree and decorated outside grdd made me snowmen..i was very good with my eating,i had a littel of my favorites and no seconds..it snowed and looks all xmassy out and in..my dd and family left today and dh and i had a nap..lots of late ours laughing, movies and games..now xmas i love love love it..hope u all had a great time to rosey
Old 11-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
I was briefly insane with jealousy when I read about your size 6s, size 8s, size 4s... and then I remembered that those were too small for me when I lumbered out of the womb! Good grief! I'd be happy as a pig in poo with a size 14!! I am, as they say, big boned! And I think I'm getting some vicarious exercise through the stepper challengers! Oh, you make me tired!

I hope they keep this site working properly. I don't like change, at ALL, and checking out other sites was/is very unsettling. I'm very happy here!

Have to do something productive today! Have a lovely weekend!
I totally agree with you, size 14 is my goal size, so 2 pigs in poo, when that happens Also another "big boned girl here" and my top half is losing faster then my bottom the girls are not as perky as they used to be.. funny story the last time I had a mamo, the tech asked me if I had lost alot of weight since last year, not only are the girls smaller, but going south, ALOT the before and now, are ALOT different.
Yes, I do hope things settle down here, too many error messages when I try to log on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi All,

Just an easy, restful day. not too much running around. I ate healthy, drank all my water and i'm feeling very good about it. Freda
Glad you had a restful day.
Tonight, I'm actually going to do something I haven't had time to do in a long time. Cross Stitch, so I'm off to make a cup of tea, and cross stitch the night away.

Hi to everyone else, and I will check back tomorrow, have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #216  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Sunday! I set up the December thread already.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-29-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #217  
Donna

Good morning, All! Our snowstorm went south, so it's beautiful here. Pretty soon, we'll be saying things like "we need the moisture..." NEVER happy, I guess!

Got out the hated scale and am back where I was before 1) meltdown 2) Chinese and 3) holiday. I feel so much better! I can't eat that way anymore, makes me feel logey and icky.

SO glad the site seems to be working again, although it still takes forever for the posts to actually post, especially the advanced posts.

End-of-the-month paperwork to do, so I'd better get to it. Have a lovely rest of the weekend!!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #218  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all

Been a busy weekend. I have not done well with the challenge thing, so guess I will probably drop out. Too bad ~ I desperatly needed to form the habit of daily exercise.

Daughter Sara is needing to sell her house (son Jason lives there and rented from her, but dwindling paychecks make it so he can no longer afford that). She and her husband and my husband have been working painting the walls fresh to get it ready to sell. I have been called upon for extra babysitting duties ~ not that I mind that ~ but I have got some stuff for work (education requirements) hanging over my head ~ due by the end of the year. Seems like so much stuff piles up all at once. Christmas shopping and all yet too Ohhh the stress ~ sigh.

So then Jason is needing to find somewhere else to live ~ he does not deal well with change so ~ more stress trying to help him. Went with him on Saturday ~ driving by possibilities, then again Sunday went with him to appointments he had to be shown a couple places. He liked the one and has filled out an application. I felt hopeful about that one ~ the gentleman who showed it seemed nice ~ he liked Jason's stable work record. I am hoping he gets approved for this place. Jason has been saying that he wished he lived in the neighborhood too (Sara lives right around the corner ~ in walking distance). If Jason gets this place he will be maybe 2 miles away (could bike that) I would like having him closer ~ if he needed help ~ we would be closer by to be able to do that.

Sorry to have not been able to do the personals Hopefully maybe on my next days off.

Back to work for me today. Oh well.

Take care
Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #219  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, a quick comment and we have to run into town for many errands. We decided to buy a new chest freezer, I shopped on line and saw many deals. We're going to compare with our local stores for the best deals.
Glynne...sorry to hear you're dropping out of the new challenge but you need to be in the right state of mind to stick with it. I've been there, done that. If I don't feel motivated, I won't put my all in it. Maybe after Christmas is over, you'll be able to jump back in.
Quote:
Been a busy weekend. I have not done well with the challenge thing, so guess I will probably drop out. Too bad ~ I desperatly needed to form the habit of daily exercise.
Hubby is chomping at the bit to get going and I still have to go curl my hair and fill in the cracks on my face..........later gator!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Finished first 300 steps. Shooting for 1200 today. Had a nice visit with my sister, but she was in a lot of pain. We're not sure what's wrong - she's been to a lot of doctors, but no one knows what she has. I found a Lyme disease doctor near her - I hope she will try this doctor.

Dreary day here today. No special plans.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 11-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #221  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I had a good weekend and stayed within my calories and got in a 6k walk each day. Does dragging large bags filled with Christmas presents about 2k from the mall to home count as a workout? If it doesn't, it should. My arms and shoulders haven't been the same since Saturday night when I did that. Hahahaha. It's my new workout--Christmas shopping heavy bag workout.

I'm a bit tired the last few days--arms and legs feeling tired. I get like that every once and a while. Maybe it's all that Christmas shopping on the hoof that's doing it. I've got most of it done now and will finish when I get home in less than 2 weeks. I'm going to make a few cookies for DIL this week and a cherry pound cake for my sister. So that will be a few more things to drag home from the grocery store tomorrow. DS has the car during the day going to work and back.

Must go get a bite to eat before DIL starts teaching piano. Catch you all later.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #222  
Donna

Hola, All! Nothing exciting to report... been running around all day and have been having computer frustrations (their problems, not mine!). Most annoying. I have a humongous batch of Wendy's chili in the crock pot (sorry, slow cooker), which is smelling pretty yummy. Enough there for lots of meals, and it should freeze well.

Maybe more excitement tomorrow... you all are so busy! Be well...

Looking forward to changing the picture and squiggly thingie to Christmas theme, tomorrow!
Closed Thread