Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Lots of posting issues, I do hope it's fixed!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and to our Canadian Friends, a terrific Thursday.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, had lots of Family, Food and Fun, I did eat a bit over what I usually eat, and to tell you the truth, I can't wait to go back to normal on Friday. Had a bit of desserts, a smal bite of two pies, one choc chip cookie, and a pumpkin cookie, was yummy and enjoyed every morsel. Was able to get in my exercise, it did mean getting up an hr earlier, but well worth it, look forward to my "me time"

So is anyone going out to brave the first offical day of the shopping season, Black Friday?? I did look at the sale flyers and very tempted to go, but....I just might wait until later in the afternoon, when the crowds thin out.

have a great day
Old 11-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
Lots of posting issues, I do hope it's fixed!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and to our Canadian Friends, a terrific Thursday.

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, had lots of Family, Food and Fun, I did eat a bit over what I usually eat, and to tell you the truth, I can't wait to go back to normal on Friday.
Hi Institches,

I'm with you. HAPPY to be back to healthy eating!

Lynn
Old 11-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #198  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning everyone. So glad to hear about your Thanksgiving events. I had a good day yesterday, too. It's not Black anything here but I found a real bargain in self-sharpening knives for the DILs' gifts. I got a 3 pack of different size knives for the price of one. I think they'll appreciate them as their knives are always needing sharpening and these are in their own sharpener and get sharpened every time they are used. I have them and love them. I usually give them something for the kitchen besides something for themselves.

I want to walk today but it's raining. I'm hoping it will clear up a bit as I want to drop off at the mall and pick up pjs for the girls as well. There are sets with bottoms, tank top and a fleece top to match that I want to get them. With everyone conserving heat that fleece top would come in handy jumping out of bed on a chilly winter morning. Might get myself a pair as well. But I have to walk to get there as DS has the car today. PJ's are light enough to carry when walking.

Yesterday I made a delicious fruit soup. It had dried prunes, apricots and raisins, fresh apple, frozen strawberries, canned peaches and pineapple in tapioca thickened pineapple juice. I love fruit soup hot or cold but had to watch my serving size. I think I'm going to trot right down to the kitchen and have some with my cereal.

Have a good day shopping if any of you venture out and catch you later.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #199  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls, how wonderful to get on 3FC's with one click and no busy signal!
Institches...I agree with you and Lynn, it does feel good to get back to routine in our eating habits. There is one piece of cheesecake left in the frig this morning and I told Bruce he had to eat it or I'd kill him.
Quote:
Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, had lots of Family, Food and Fun, I did eat a bit over what I usually eat, and to tell you the truth, I can't wait to go back to normal on Friday.
Isabella...I love dried fruit, I keep it around to put in my homemade oatmeal packets. But the calories? Geeeeez, down right sinful. Your concoction would be great on cereal in the morning.
Quote:
I love fruit soup hot or cold but had to watch my serving size. I think I'm going to trot right down to the kitchen and have some with my cereal.
Lynn...You'll get your new way of eating ironed out eventually, it'll just take continual adjusting until you find the the right combination of food/juice to start losing again. You try so hard and we all know how frustrating it is.
Jess...cute joke of Crabby Maxine. I have a 'Crabby Maxine' desk calendar with a new joke every day. Yesterday she said, "Show some respect this Thanksgiving. Mute the TV while you say grace". It reminded me of yesterday when SIL had his face glued to the Packard football game. I told his earlier when we eat the TV goes off. Our living room and Dining room is L shaped so we can't see the TV but we can hear it, I turned the channel to old Christmas music when we sat down. No grumbling on his part so we had a peaceful dinner.
Today Maxine says, " It's the busiest shopping day of the year! I'll be in the root cellar." In answer to Institches question about anyone going out to Black Fridays shopping? I'm with Maxine and staying home!
I'm going to start some turkey soup in a bit, better go out and get on the stepper so Lynn doesn't get ahead of me.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #200  

Hi Everyone,

Hope your Thanksgiving was fun. We will be having our big dinner on Sunday so I have yet to get through it. The kids went to her mom's yesterday and it's too far away to run back and forth. You can't enjoy anything that way.

It is nice to be able to get back on here isn't it? I'm with Donna, I think that they chose yesterday to work the bugs out, I hope.

Isabella, I've got a set of those knives too. Really nice. I know your family will enjoy them.

Institches, I'm going to the Black Friday sales this morning, but i'm going out aftet the crowds have thinned a little. There are a few things I want to pick up and the pirces are sure right! If I didn't have this boot to draga around I would have been one of those crazy people out there when the doors opened. Just can't compete this year. I did notice on TV this morning that the crowds were much better behaved and there was supervision.

Lynn, It is good to get back to healthy eating, isn't it? I think my body rebells when I eat too much junk.

Gayle, Must have been your Holiday off. I hope you enjoyed it.

Karen, So nice to be with family on the holidays. That is what makes it a Holiday, not the food or the gifts.

Freda
Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning Girls, how wonderful to get on 3FC's with one click and no busy signal!

I'm going to start some turkey soup in a bit, better go out and get on the stepper so Lynn doesn't get ahead of me.
Hey Bobbi,

I'm at 450 so far. Shooting for 1,000 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm going to the Black Friday sales this morning, but i'm going out after the crowds have thinned a little. There are a few things I want to pick up and the pirces are sure right! If I didn't have this boot to draga around I would have been one of those crazy people out there when the doors opened. Just can't compete this year. I did notice on TV this morning that the crowds were much better behaved and there was supervision.
Freda
Hi Freda,

How is your foot since you took off the cast?

OK - tossed the remaining stuffing and gravy and froze the remaining pumpkin pie. Made some turkey soup with veggies. Gotta run - my step board is calling.

Lynn
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #202  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon, All... Glad this holiday is over. I'm not used to eating rich, and I feel bloaty and blechy. And I didn't even especially overdo it... I guess I'm just a little pure person, right? Right.

Went to Costco to get my eyeglasses adjusted... NO CROWDS. Went to WalMart to get some stuff with Granny... NO CROWDS. I was so surprised. The Black Friday folks must have all gone home to bed.

SO glad this site seems to be recovered. It was making me Cranky Donna, easily strong competition for Cranky Maxine!!

Onward and downward!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #203  
Isabella

Didn't get for my walk today as it poured rain so I didn't get to the mall either. I did bike for an hour so that was my exercise for today besides my upper body exercises (50 counter push-ups). I weigh in tomorrow so I'm anxious to see if I've lost any weight this week. Stayed the same last week so it's my turn to lose.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Went to Costco to get my eyeglasses adjusted... NO CROWDS. Went to WalMart to get some stuff with Granny... NO CROWDS. I was so surprised. The Black Friday folks must have all gone home to bed.
They must have all come to PA. Our Wal-Mart was CRAZY at 5 am this morning & ALL DAY. NOTE: I was NOT there. Saw it on the news.

Lynn
Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #205  

Looks like they got the bugs worked out of the site. I am happy! Some of the other site are ok but i have to say, this one is the easiest and the best.

Can't do any walking right now, but I am doing my weights again. It seems that my shoulder has finally healed. Sure took long enough. Looks like one thing at a time is breaking down. I am almost afraid to say "what next".

Lynn and Bobbi, when you finish your challenge on the stepper you are going to be so toned. it makes such a difference. I am at goal weight again and i'm comfortable in a 6, even a little loose. But before i was wearing a 4 and i couldn't figure out why i couldn't now. BECAUSE i was exercising and more toned! Both of you will be seeing it soon.

My foot is doing better, thanks Lynn. I am so happy to have that cast off. I will never again complain about my boot. And i'm using the electrical stimulator every night for 3 hours. I have to say that Thanksgiving was the first night in 3 months I haven't had to have soemthing for pain. Good sign, right?

Have a good night,

Freda
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #206  
Bobbi

Freda...I would love to have my boobs toned but that doesn't work does it? I would like to have a toned body but I'm afraid my clothes won't fit anymore. I'm in a loose 6 too and really don't want to lose anymore.
Quote:
Lynn and Bobbi, when you finish your challenge on the stepper you are going to be so toned.

Okay Lynn... you're really pushing me aren't you I was going to sign off on my challenge with 600 steps until I noticed you went for 1,050. So I trotted back out to the stepper and did 450 more. I have to say I don't like it, not that many at one time. I was leaning on the bars for a few minutes but then something kicked in and I got a spurt of energy back. This is a great exercise for me, I love that my heart rate gets pumping!
Isabella...I used to do counter push-up but sort of forgot about them. I keep my stretch bands at my computer desk and use those when down loading stuff. Do you do all 50 at once?
Jess...
Quote:
And I didn't even especially overdo it... I guess I'm just a little pure person, right? Right.

I'm going to bed now, Lynn. Don't you dare get back on the stepper! I'm not doing anymore.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-27-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #207  
Isabella

I just got off the scales and have lost 2.5 pounds this week. I didn't lose anything last week so I'm so happy this morning. This is my free day so I hope I don't blow it by really over eating. This is the day I have my dessert for the week so I don't want to eat so much to push the scales back up.

Bobbi, yes, I do all 50 push-ups at one time. I was so sore last week when I started again but this week the soreness has gone. I can get to about 25 before the muscles start to burn which is better than last week also.

I had bought a new pair of dress pants 2 weeks ago but they were a little baggy in the legs but fit in the waist. I decided to take them back and I'm so glad I did. They would have been too big by Christmas. That means I'm going to start trying on size 8s soon.

Freda, glad to hear your foot is improving with the pain. I know what you mean about breaking down one body piece at a time. It seems as if something is always in the "shop" for repairs.

Have a good weekend, everyone and I'll catch you all later.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #208  

Address Book

A number of us have shared our contact information (real names, birthdays, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses) so that we can get in touch in case of emergencies.

During the website outages, we have been able to stay in contact with each other even when we couldn't get onto the 3FC site by emails.

If you would like your information added to our list, PM me & I will add you to the book and the email list.

Lynn
Old 11-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #209  
Bobbi

Congrats Isabella! Looks like the Wedding weigh gain is coming off fast.
Quote:
That means I'm going to start trying on size 8s soon.

Hi and Good-bye everyone, lots to do today.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I received this in an email this morning (Thanks Bobbi) and I thought it was just too cute not to share with everyone!

ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are over sensitive, and there's nothing worse than an over sensitive woman.

My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full time job, along with her part time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her.. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the Club, so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean).. I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice big cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Ron died suddenly on 31 January of a perforated rectum.

The Police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50 inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby.

His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her not guilty, accepting her defence that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.
Closed Thread