Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #91  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh...........I'm so excited that I'm printing in blue. I tried the copy/paste with the chocolate cake recipe just for the heck of it and it WORKS!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I just received this link in an email and I thought it was jsut a WODNERFUL things to pass on. http://www.beforeyougo.us/play_byg
Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #93  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning everyone. Today was clear and cold but now it's getting cloudy. But it was a great day for the Remembrance Day services at the War Memorials and Cenotaphs. Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend as DS is still laid up for a few more days.

Bobbi, thank you for posting that chocolate cake recipe. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake BUT when the calories are so low it makes a great dessert for the weekends. I wonder if it would work with a white or yellow cake mix with a few spices added. Must try that idea out. A little fat free Cool Whip would go well with the cake.

I fell asleep again last night trying to watch The Biggest Loser. I'm sure this season is not too exciting for me to fall asleep every single show! I know I'm tired at night but I often watch TV until 11:30 or 12 some nights.

Baby is sound asleep so I have a few minutes to surf around cyberspace while DIL is giving lessons this afternoon. And now I'm full of cat hair. The cat makes a beeline for the front door when a student comes. I just had to grab him and then he spit at me. But, I can assure Mr. kittycat that I'm equal to his threats.

Must go and look at a few food sites and eat vicariously. Have a great day.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #94  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi, WHERE did you post that recipe??
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #95  
Donna

Found it!! Thanks...... (geez!)
Old 11-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #96  
Isabella

I'm going to buy the ingredients for that chocolate cake today. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

DIL, Baby and I are going shopping today. I was up bright and early, had my walk, ate breakfast and now I'm supposed to be in the shower. I'll only be a few minutes in there so here I am here instead. I'm looking for a pair of winter sneakers or at least something warm and wind and hopefully water resistant. This is a tall order as I've been looking now for some time. Anything that looks like it would fit the bill are too narrow or something is digging in my heal or toe. I have delicate feet and must have the shoe as comfortable as I can get them. So, today I look again. I'd try to get them online but I really, really have to try on any kind of shoe before I buy them and don't want the hassle of returning them by mail. So gals, wish me luck on my shoe safari today.

I shall return. Catch you all later.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #97  
Donna

I've had a terrible time getting onto the site today... since I see that the last entry was Isabella's at 6 a.m., I think I'm not the only one!!!

Pulled out the hated scale and am down 1.5#, FINALLY.... I had put on a little when I had a meltdown a week or so ago, and it wouldn't MOVE. This gives me the encouragement to move onward and upward.

I hope that this connection problem isn't from the new owners and that we can expect problems like this in the future.........?

Enjoy this lovely day!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #98  
Isabella

Jess, you have to move onward and downward.

No shoes for me today. Everything was too tight, too lose, too high in the arch, blah, blah, blah. Glad I've got something to for now.

Last edited by retiredone; 11-12-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #99  

Hi everyone sry for being mia..i hadnt felt well for the last few days after the procedure i had last thursday..am finally feeling better today.. we had our first snow of the yr last nite and this am..winds howling and the lights flickering..i have been working on christmas gifts and oogling the vintage ornaments in e-bay..i came across a pumpkin cheese cake recipe with a ginger snap cookie crust looks so goooood im going to try and tweek it using splenda and lofat crm cheese..if its ok i'll make it for turkey day..(((hugs)) for all esp those that are sad or struggling..rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-12-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #100  
Donna

Isabella, indeed you are correct: onward and DOWNward! Yes!

Did any of you read that article about diet pills that pretty much said if you're 100# overweight, that after 15-20#, you won't lose anymore unless you take drugs? How depressing! http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/diet...ory?id=9068287

Or maybe I read it wrong, too........... it's late! Night, All!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #101  
Donna

Oh, my, it's been a long time since this site has worked! I've had withdrawal pangs!! Seems okay now..... Hope all of you weathered the drought okay! Nothing new here, expecting another big snowfall this evening! Good weekend, all!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #102  
Isabella

Hello everyone. So glad the site is up and running again. As many people have stated I was going through withdrawal since yesterday. Hahaha. I lost 2 pounds and couldn't post my results and felt so lost but all is well now.

No snow here today. It was a gloriously sunny day.

Rosey, glad you're up and about again. That pumpkin cheesecake sounds delicious.

Jess
, lots of people have lost weight and lots of weight without the aid of diet pills. Just check out the 100 + forum and see that it has and is being done.

I made the chocolate cake that Bobbi posted off of the Hungry Girl site (see the recipe thread up in the sticky area for the recipe) and it was pretty good. Almost like a brownie. DS likes it but DIL thought it wasn't sweet enough (misses the frosting, hahaha). My sister and niece dropped by today and enjoyed it. My sister said she'd serve it with a semi-sweet chocolate frosting...Sigh....she's as thin as a rail. I made it in a tube pan and cut it in 24 pieces which gave about a brownie size piece as a serving. I'd make this again.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Last edited by retiredone; 11-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #103  
Bobbi

Hi Girls, I was blocked Thursday night and just now got on. I tried to check into the challenge many times and couldn't so I gave myself the checking in point anyway. I had two tiny slices of pizza (1 serving)for supper with a large salad, geeeeezzzzz! One serving had 360 calories and 170 calories coming from fat. I could have eaten two servings easily but I stopped so I wouldn't go over my calories range. Good thing I just had pineapple salsa on my salad or my calories would be higher.
Catch ya all on Monday, I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow.
Have a great week-end.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

So glad that the site is back up!!! I just can't tell you how much I missed this place!!! It was like losing all my friends at one time!!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #105  
Bobbi

Good Sunday Morning...I've noticed in the last couple of years my balance is getting worse. I wear high heels to church and I can't stand while praying with my eyes closed. (Always hang on to the pew in front of me) I used to think it was my high heels but it's not. Dr Weil had an article about the Yoga tree pose to improve your balance. I've been working on it for the last couple of days and I can't stand in the "Tree Pose" for a minute. Bruce tried it, he could on one foot, not the other. So my 3 month challenge is to work up to 1 minute on both legs throughout the day. I'm going to include that in with my exersises. I'm curious how long each of you can stand on one leg in the yoga pose. Google it if you want to see a picture of it and then please get back to me on how you do. Those of you that still ride a bike should do well. We sold our bikes this past summer because it's too hard to ride on gravel roads and the farmers drive like their pants are on fire our here in the country.
The yoga tree pose improves balance, helps clear the mind and improves focus and clarity. It also strengthens the thighs, calves, ankles and spine. The tree pose also helps stretch the groin, inner thighs, chest and shoulders. It also helps with sciatica and flat feet issues.
Tree Pose

"Yoga is appropriate for just about everyone. For older people, it is a great nonaerobic conditioner.
-- Andrew Weil, M.D.
Step by Step
1. Stand in Tadasana.
Shift your weight slightly onto the left foot, keeping the inner foot firm to the floor, and bend your right knee. Reach down with your right hand and clasp your right ankle.
2. Draw your right foot up and place the sole against the inner left thigh; if possible, press the right heel into the inner left groin, toes pointing toward the floor. The center of your pelvis should be directly over the left foot.
3. Rest your hands on the top rim of your pelvis. Make sure the pelvis is in a neutral position, with the top rim parallel to the floor.
4. Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor. Firmly press the right foot sole against the inner thigh and resist with the outer left leg. Press your hands together in Anjali Mudra. Gaze softly at a fixed point in front of you on the floor about 4 or 5 feet away.
5. Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Step back to Tadasana with an exhalation and repeat for the same length of time with the legs reversed.
Benefits
Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles and spine
Stretches the groins and inner thighs, chest and shoulders
Improves sense of balance
Relieves sciatica and reduces flat feet
Contraindications/Cautions - Use caution if you are currently or have experienced any of the following:
Headache
Insomnia
Low blood pressure
High blood pressure: Don't raise arms overhead
Modifications & Props
You can stand with your back braced against a wall if you feel unsteady in this pose.
Variation
Stretch your arms straight up toward the ceiling, parallel to each other, palms facing, or touch the palms together forming an inverted V with the arms.
Closed Thread