Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #76  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...Thanks for the confidence in me, if you lived by me I'd jump at the chance. I lovvvvvve ebaying and it's very easy to do. They do have people on ebay that will sell things for you. Do you have the original box? That's a plus in selling plus any information, cookbooks, etc. that came with the juicer. You would have to pack it up very well for shipping, weigh the box, measure the box, width, length, and how tall. Then take a picture of it and email to me with all the stats. Then when it sold, you'd have to take to USPS and send it priority. By the time you did all that, you might just as well have sold it yourself on ebay. You are so busy but sometime you should just check into it, they tell you exactly what to do. If an ignoramis like me can do it, a college professor like you can do it better. I'd like you to get on the ebay sight and type in juicers and see all the listed items and what they are selling for. You do not have to be a member to do that. It'll give you some idea how much you can get for it. Then try to sell it to friends first, if you can't get what you want, let me know. Maybe we can work something out if you don't have the time to do it yourself. I just don't want anything to go wrong, like maybe the buyer doesn't pay for it. That has happened twice to me, they get turned in and kicked out of Ebay. I'd hate for us not to be friends, that's why I'm hesitating. But I sell stuff all the time on ebay so my chances of selling to a dud is more likely. I just typed in the Jack LaLane juicers and see lots of them listed. Remember all you Golden Girls, you can check out what they sell without being a member. Membership is free too!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #77  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi and Lynn,
Have you tried Craigslist, too, to sell your stuff? My nephew swears by it and has had great good luck with it...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #78  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good evening everyone. I'm semi-MIA. Taking care of Baby is getting my bedtime regulated. I'm dropping with sleep by the time 9 o'clock comes and most nights I'm asleep before 10 or 10:30. I'm doing well with my eating and getting in my walks so all is well in that department.

Just a quick run through. Glad everyone is doing well.

So sorry for your losses, Freda. It's never easy when someone we love dies.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #79  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, Isabella, I can absolutely identify with being tired from taking care of an infant! In my case, TWO (omigawd) infants, and I can honestly say that I'm glad, now, to have DH home, because I absolutely, positively, could NOT do it without him! When they both screetch and holler at once, you need four - not two - hands to handle them.
The weekend was surreal; my son flew out from L.A. Friday night and got in at 6:55 on Saturday morning. He was getting a sniffle, and started sigging Theraflu down every couple of hours. From there on in, it was a constant round of turns at the hospital, back to DD's house to take care of the twins, do laundry, try to do some cleaning up, try to make some food so that people would eat, and back to the hospital. Then drove DS to the airport in Boston yesterday morning at 5:30, went to work, left work at 2:30, and my car broke down on the Mass Pike. Got towed back to Worcester, DH picked me up at the garage, we went to DD's to get supper for SIL and GD, went up to the hospital and then back to give my little beanie babies their baths.
Heading back there this morning so SIL can drive GD to school, and then he will be going up to the hospital so that he can sit in on DD's session with the ocupational therapist and learn the exercises she's got to do.
STILL no clear diagnosis - waiting on blood test results. Second MRI of back & neck showed no lesions. So we still don't know whether she has a brain tumor or MS. Good news is that they told me on my job that I should feel free to work from home anytime I wanted/needed to.
Lynn, if it IS MS, I definitely want that diet. I've been doing some research about diet to alleviate MS symptoms, but of course since we still don't know, it's a little premature on my part. Wishful thinking, I suppose. I never imagined I'd be HOPING that another daughter had MS, but considering the alternative, that's naturally what we're hoping for.
Well, enough blathering - thanks for your support, all of you. May sound silly, but it really does help when one of you thinks of us and sends along a word or two. Freda, I am so sorry about all of your challenges as of late. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Z
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Lynn, if it IS MS, I definitely want that diet. I've been doing some research about diet to alleviate MS symptoms, but of course since we still don't know, it's a little premature on my part. Wishful thinking, I suppose. I never imagined I'd be HOPING that another daughter had MS, but considering the alternative, that's naturally what we're hoping for.
Well, enough blathering - thanks for your support, all of you. May sound silly, but it really does help when one of you thinks of us and sends along a word or two. Freda, I am so sorry about all of your challenges as of late. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Z
Zoe,

Keep me posted. If you need the information, I will e-mail a packet of information to you.

Lynn
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #81  

Good Morning Everyone,

I am off to do the final observation of my Student Teacher in Philadelphia. Looking forward to it. She is teaching in a charter school where "respect" is a VERY important value. I have never seen such well-behaved 4th graders.
She is good and it is a pleasure to see her teach.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #82  

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was another lovely day! Sunny and bright with a crisp feel in the air. Most of the leaves have fallen. They were so beautiful this year it was sad to see them go. I called the Dr. yesterday because my foot (that was broken) is still hurting so much, to find out if that was normal. It's not. So I have to go today to get a script for an MRI to find out what's wrong. Sounds like it just wasn't totally healed. He said something about electrical stimulation?

Zo, You know our throughts and prayers are with you and the family. In times like this it's so wonderful to have the support, and someone to just do the work! And it is good that your husband is home, so I guess there is a good side of being home too. I'll have to remember that. When our children hurt, we hurt. And there is nothing much worse than not knowing. We're good at dealing with things, but you can't deal with the unknown.

Isabella, Running babies is quite a good exercise, isn't it? You forget how hard it is. I don't remember it being that hard when my son was small. Maybe because I was much younger?

Donna, My Ds and DDIL swear by Craigs list too. It's free and it's in your area, so boxing up and shipping.

Lynn, I so admire your attitude! Taking controle and doing all you can to work with the cards you've been given.

Karen, did you hear from the rest of the family yet, about Thanksgiving. I hope you're able to gather all the family together. That is truly something to give thanks for.

Freda
Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #83  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, All... Lynn, Freda, Ellabella, oh, you're all so busy and your lives are so frenetic. I thank my lucky stars every day that the worst I have to worry about are 70 extra pounds! I'm thinking good thoughts for all of you. You're true inspirations!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #84  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Still here. Carpets being cleaned today and real estate listing tommorow. I'll be glad when this is done.

Have a great day.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #85  
Bobbi

Greeting fellow Golden Girls!
I just clicked off the Hungry Girl recipes site, yum-O! Today they had a recipe for low calorie yellow cupcakes. If my copy/paste would work on this site I'd post it. But you can check it out yourselves, it has S.F. vanilla pudding and S.F. Cool Whip for the frosting, a can of S.F. sprite in the cake mix. I have a recipie for Pumpkin Pudding I'll share, not too much typing. I've made it twice and it's delish. I personally hate instant pudding, it gets tooooo soupy. I used cooked sugar free pudding.
Pumpkin Pudding
1- 1/2 cups pure canned pumpkin
2 (1oz) packages Jello Sugar Free vanilla instant pudding
2 cups skim milk
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
9 packets of splenda
Mix milk and pudding with a wire whisk. Add spice, and splenda. Mix in pumpkin and divide between 4 small dishes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Serves 4
Per serving: 129 calories; 1g fat (3.7% calories from fat); 5 g protein; 26g carbs; 3g fiber; 2 mg cholesterol; 635 mg sodium. Exchanges: 0 grain (starch); 1-1/2 vegetable; 1/2 non-fat milk; 0 fat WWP: 2

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-10-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning.

Zoe, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please be sure to keep us updated and also remember to take care of YOU!!

Isabella, I can remember when my boys were young and they were 2 years apart...... YIKES! I couldn't do it now!!

Freda, so sorry that you are still having pain in your foot. Will also keep you in my prayers.
Yes, I did hear from the family and I should have between 12 and 15 people here for Thanksgiving. My sister may not be able to make it since her son wanted them to go to Branson with them to see the Christmas lights. But they were in St. Louis this past week and her DIL ended up with H1N1 and also the little granddaughter. My sister started feeling bad coming home on Saturday so hope she will be OK.

So far KNOCK ON WOOD we have been able to escape the bugs that are going around. We did get the normal flu shot but they aren't giving the H1N1 out for our group yet. If it becomes available i plan on taking it.

LindyLoo-- Good Luck with selling your house. We have had ours on the market for over 2 years now. Had lots of lookyloos but no one has been able to get financing. And we have dropped the price several times. Hope you move a lot faster than that.

Well, I need to get busy and get somethings done here. Everyone have a good day.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #87  

Good Morning Bobbi! I got the hungry girl newsletter to with that recipe! Sure does look yummy!! You must have been posting the same time as I was. It is a beautiful day here today. Love it!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 AM   #88  

Hi Everyone,

Today is a good paper-grading day - rainy here in the Northeast. Tomorrow is my second Student Teacher observation day.

Yesterday I had an eating meltdown. One of my downfalls was 2 containers of Greek yogurt with honey. Ate both after already having had more than my maximum calorie allotment. Oh well, today is a new day.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 11-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #89  

Good Morning!

I don't know if any of you had seen the annoouncement yet but thought you might be interested in reading it. Here is a link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...ml#post3009528
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #90  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Thanks Karen, I had no idea Fitday purchased 3 FC's. I'm a fitday user so the sale is fine with me. (Not that I have any say) If a more powerful site/computer is used, great. Maybe my copy/paste will start working. Yesterday on Rachael Ray cooking show, the Hungry Girl gal was on there with some neat recipes. One of them I'm going to post on our own recipe site, wish my copy/paste would work but it doesn't. I'll type it manually. It's for chocolate cake with a can of pumpkin in it, that's all. Check it out.
Lynn...today's a new day, we've all been there, done that.
I posted my total points on the Halloween challenge. I'm looking forward to the new challenge. I'm so happy to see so many people signed up, must be because the holidays are closing in on us and we all want to look good.
Hi everyone else, hope you're having a good start to Wednesday. I broke down and dug out DD's carrots yesterday since it was so beautiful out. DH is bringing them into town today, she is very grateful but said she won't be planting any thing in our garden next year. We second that motion, they just don't take the time to harvest, weed or water.
I'm going to jump over to the recipe section and post that recipe now, don't know if I dare make it. If I eat one piece, I'll eat 2 more.
Closed Thread