Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #106  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I guess I've never had any balance in my life because I've always teetered when standing with my eyes closed for prayer in church. I always hang onto the pew in front of me ever since I've been a child. And I can't do the tree pose for more than 20 seconds.

I had a nice walk but I didn't want to go but I'm glad I did. I just got out of the shower and feel good and refreshed. I'm going shopping when the children are ready. DS wants to see if he can walk a bit around the mall with his sore belly. He's supposed to go back to work after this week but we'll see. I'm still looking for walking shoes.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Reminder - today is the first day of the NEW Winter Challenge!

Lynn
Old 11-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #108  

Hi Everyone,

As weddings go (not in my top 85 things to do), yesterday's was REALLY nice. However, I ate too much. Was nice to see my family.

Beautiful here today. Nice to be able to get back here.

Hope everyone has a nice day,

Lynn
Old 11-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #109  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, All... Lynn, thanks for the updated Address List! It was good to be able to stay in touch yesterday and the day before...

CACA weather again today, probably 6-8" of the white stuff. It looks like it's breaking up, so maybe this won't amount to much. We've had more snow this year so far than we had the entire winter last year!

Had turkey sausage with my eggs this morning... gee, that was GOOD!

Enjoy the rest of the day...... Stay warm/cool/whatever!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #110  
Isabella

Today I was successful in finding and buying a new pair of wintery walking shoes. Yeah!!! The search has ended. They're actually a sports shoe with no mesh panels with lots of tread in the soles. I also bought some wintery socks to wear in them to keep my feet warmer. They weren't expensive either, about $34 with tax. I'm wearing them around the house tonight to introduce them to my feet. Tomorrow we travel together outside.

For the winter challenge I've finally decided I'm going to try and form the habit of doing upper and lower body strength training on alternate days for upper and lower. I did 50 push-ups off the counter this afternoon but I've got to see what I'll do for the lower body tomorrow. Lot's of stuff online about that, anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with something using very little equipment.

Lynn, who got married? I must have missed that info.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Lynn, who got married? I must have missed that info.
My "kind-of-cousin's" daughter. My mother grew up in an orphanage. Her best friend there was my "Aunt" Mary - not a blood relation, but my FAVORITE "aunt." My FAVORITE "cousin" has always been Paula. Yesterday, Paula's daughter (Keri) got married.

I have been working on a genealogy chart for Keri and her new husband. It is VERY large (22x28). I had it on an easel at the wedding. LOTS of folks from both sides of the family helped me fill in a LOT of family members.

I've been working on the online version most of today.

Lynn
Old 11-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #112  
Isabella

Lynn, I had a "kind of aunt" growing up. It was my real aunt's best friend. And her daughter was always my "cousin" also.

That genealogy chart must have been quite the attraction at the wedding.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #113  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Hope you all have had a good weekend. I am so glad that the site is back up. Was lost not being able to get on here. I don't post every day, but I do check in and read. It is quite something to think and realize how much this place is a part of my life. I joined in Feb of 2000 and have come here every day ~ except for times I was away on vacation or something like that. Wow!

I think what I want to do for the challenge/my habit is to do some kind of physical activity every day. Some days it would be the treadmill, some days the eliptical, some days walking ~ I might not always be able to do some form of what might be considered a traditional exercise ~ and some days (work days) might have only a few minutes to do some kind of thing (my 12 hour days work schedule makes it hard some days to fit in any thing extra ~ sleep, eat and work is about all there is time for). But, I figure ~ as long as get off my rear and move ~ it is better than sitting and doing nothing.

Dr's appointment in the am ~ I am embarassed to go ~ didn't do very well since my last visit (don't think I made a dent in the weight loss). Oh well, have to keep going, keep trying. Eventually I will get it right

Night night

Take care
Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #114  

Bobbi & Freda,

I need your total pounds lost during the Halloween Challenge so that I can announce the winner.

Lynn
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #115  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning.
Finally back. The apartment is all cleaned and listed, now we just sit back and wait for all the offers- lol.

Next job is to clean my basement of all DM stuff and then I'm done for sure.

Been not to good with sticking on my plan but a new start today.

Have a great day all. Going to check up on all I've missed. Doesn't the new challenge start today?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #116  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, all.... afraid the first day of the new challenge came off without me. I plumb forgot! Exercise is NOT foremost on my mind! Today might be better.

Absolutely gorgeous here... a winter wonderland! This weather makes me want to breed, clean, and bake brownies (not necessarily in that order). Believe me when I say that none of the above will happen!

Another pound down. It's slow but sure!

Lovely day, One and All......
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #117  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Wrote a long post at 5:00 this morning that got lost in the ether. Bummer. I'm still alive and kicking and so is my daughter. I've put her on the MS diet (ordered the book for her, me, and her sisters). I'm doing a lot of cooking for her now, but she'll be able to do it for herself, hopefully in another month or so (not that I won't continue to help). Busy, though, lately. I'm going to check into the challenge - afraid I missed the first day, but I drank my water!

Z
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #118  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...I posted my weight loss on your winner thread but I'm not in the running. I did lose 7.5 pounds but I was down 9 points from a perfect score.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Wrote a long post at 5:00 this morning that got lost in the ether. Bummer. I'm still alive and kicking and so is my daughter. I've put her on the MS diet (ordered the book for her, me, and her sisters). I'm doing a lot of cooking for her now, but she'll be able to do it for herself, hopefully in another month or so (not that I won't continue to help). Busy, though, lately. I'm going to check into the challenge - afraid I missed the first day, but I drank my water!

Z
Oh Zoe,

I am SO SORRY to hear of your daughter's illness. I will keep you posted on information I receive about MS.

Lynn
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...I posted my weight loss on your winner thread but I'm not in the running. I did lose 7.5 pounds but I was down 9 points from a perfect score.
Hi Bobbi,

I lost 4 lbs. Guess we are winners also!

Lynn
Closed Thread