Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #31  

Morning everyone ..I slept in late dh came home from the cabin soooo i;m catching up today..while the cats away the mice play lol..making a pot of vegie soup..its a good soup day..i see small white stuff floating around outside but nothings sticking..have agreat day ladies rosey
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #32  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Talking

Karen, it worked so easily!! Thanks... And this is our latest snowstorm, which is why my back was screaming in pain! It's all melted and is very warm today... Tummy is rumbling, time for a fix...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-21-06 From garage3.jpg (30.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Jess--- It looks so cold!! It is about 72 degrees here and everyone is still trying to get all the leaves cleaned up! Of course they are still falling!! I lived up near Cripple Creek and I sure don't miss the snow! It will be nice once our house out there sells though and we won't have to worry about it anymore. Glad my "instructions" worked for you.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #34  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Donna, that picture was enough to make me (almost) lose my appetite!!! Oh, I HATE it, I HATE it, I HATE it!!!!!!! I just HAVE to get farther south before too much longer...I'm not entirely sure that I'll make it through this winter here in New England. Karen, I am absolutely GREEN with envy at your 72 degree weather. Why is it so much warmer in Missouri than in Colorado? They're both right in the middle of the country between north & south. I don't GET it! Oh, is it the altitudes in CO maybe? (See, once I stop ranting and raving, I can think again!
Back to work tomorrow. Today was peachy. I did some writing, cut out and half-way stitched a pair of soft black woolen gaucho pants for myself - haven't been able to find what I wanted, the length and leg width that I wanted, so I finally gave in and bought the woolen fabric to make them myself. I DID actually see exactly what I wanted on EBay - a little pricey, though - $169.99 - I don't THINK so. My fabric cost me $22. I went and got myself some face lotion & stocked up on more grapes, too...
I've been eating seedless red grapes for days now...I mean, eating a LOT of them. They fill me up, I love how tart and crispy they are, and I know I won't be able to get them too much longer.
I'm trying to figure out a habit to create on the winter challenge. It ought to be walking every morning to one of my Leslie Sansone videos, but I HAD that habit last winter, and managed to break it over the summer. I don't know if I should do the same thing all over again. Plus, I would rather walk like every OTHER morning...but how would I enter that DAILY on the challenge?
Okay.
Have a good night, all -

Z
Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #35  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. I'm tired and sleepy. It's the time change. Baby GS is having some difficulty with it too. He goes to bed at 7 pm and by 6 pm he's almost beside himself. We had quite a screaming fit during bath time which he really loves. DS and DIL have friends staying for a few days and the wife is pregnant. They have an almost 5 year old daughter who was "helping" with the bath. I looked at her and said, "You'll soon have a little baby at your house making all kinds of noise." She looked at me and said, "I've changed my mind and don't want a baby any more and I'm the only one who doesn't want one!" I told her she'd better have her parents send back the one they'd ordered.
Tomorrow we'll be off to the hospital for pre-op arrangements for DS. Actually, I'll be going shopping as the hospitals are closed to casual visitors because of H1N1. DIL doesn't want to go in either because of the baby. He had his vaccination yesterday but we have to wait another week or so. Our province is only doing high risk groups right now. Babies 6 months-59 months; children 5-24 years with chronic diseases, pregnant woman 20 weeks and above. Next week will be adults in the high risk categories. So we healthy folks have to keep that way until it's our turn.

Anyway, have a great tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

149.8 lbs

I know it is just a low bounce, but I broke 150 for the first time in over a year!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-04-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #37  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I'm so happy to see so many gals signed up for the '09-10' Winter challenge (12 so far). With two big holidays (for most of us) around the corner we're all ready. I remember two Christmas's ago that I had to go out and buy a huge red top to wear to a christmas party. I wanted to hid my big fat belly, maybe I should dig out that top and hang it on the refrigerator door.
Rosey...I love when hubby goes hunting, I play too. Usually I tackle a big project like painting walls or something. He leaves friday morning and this year I'm not going to do anything. Maybe dig out DD's carrots. They wanted a garden at our house this summer, they planted it and then ignored it all summer. We harvested and brought some of it into town to her house but most of it rotted.
Quote:
dh came home from the cabin soooo i;m catching up today..while the cats away the mice play lol..
Their carrots are still in the ground, no more taking up my garden space next year. I told her to dig up a garden at her house next summer but she didn't want to mess up her pretty yard.

Jess, we had snow a couple of weeks ago, I took pictures of it. I used to be able to post them but I'm having trouble with 3fc's site. I can't copy/paste articles or recipes from other sites anymore? I'll try again. They said I needed Foxfire or is it fire fox? I installed it but then can't print out greeting cards from another site so I took it out. Any of you genius computer nerds know to get around this problem?
Karen...I'm not jealous because I hung out two loads of clothes yesterday, everything dried except for parts of the jeans.
Quote:
It is about 72 degrees

Zoe...I have been know to sew for myself if I can't find what I want. I purchased a darling wool baby blue pill box hat on ebay and couldn't find anything to match it. I purchased some very expensive blue material to make a dress and promply forgot about it. The material sat in the bag for about 3 years, finally I sold the material on my DD rummage sale and just sold the hat on ebay last week. You'd think a retired person like myself could get around to sewing up a simple dress wouldn't you. I'm drawing a blank on gaucho pants, what are they? I'll have to snoop on the internet and see what they are.
Quote:
soft black woolen gaucho pants
Congrats Lynn on breaking into the 40's, I applaud you for that. Especially with your medical problems hanging over your head. Keep us updated on your progress.
Hi Glynne and who did I miss? I need to go out and brown an elk roast for supper, have a good one.
P.S.
Isabella...out of the mouth of babes! Too funny, but she'll change her mind and get very protective eventually.
Quote:
"I've changed my mind and don't want a baby any more and I'm the only one who doesn't want one!"
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #38  
Donna

Lynn... wow! 150 seems like a lifetime ago (and it was!). Congrats!!

Bobbi, I use both Mozilla Firefox AND Internet Explorer. One is good for some; one is good for other stuff. You can bounce back and forth without causing a problem. It just takes some gettin' used to (like ALL this computer ca ca!). I regularly run both of them, with Firefox as my main browser.

Beautiful day today...! I feel GOOD, and I've picked my challenge finally.

Happy day, All!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good news,

If the fact that my skin is clearing up [from the cream that the dr. gave me] is an indication that the cancer's progress is being checked (I think it is), I am in VERY good shape.

Of course, it could be the juice

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 AM   #40  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, that IS good news, Lynn - whether it's the cream or the juice, the results are definitely what you're looking for.
Donna, that up & down mix in your eating is something that I have used with some pretty good success. The difference is that it's a planned up and down momentum that keeps the weight coming off. It's a derivative of Weight Watchers, but I've always used calories rather than points (1 point = roughly 50 calories) but if you're interested in checking it out, just do a Google Search for the "Wendie Plan".
Omigosh, Karen, that holly tree is just beautiful! Sure wish I had one like that. We have this dumb old crabapple tree - very tall for an apple tree - in the front part of our side yard. It produces tons of fruit every year, but its way too bitter-sour to do anything with, and the apples fall all over the ground, the birds have at them for a bit, and then we have to get them all picked up before they rot and make a huge mess. Ack.
Isabella, you must be loving all this time with that sweet little GS, screetchy fit or not. I just absolutely love my little guys to bits. Must say, though, that the bigger and more mobile they become, the more of a handful (make that TWO handsful!) they are!
Bobbi, as you've probably found out, Gauchos are like a split skirt - or very wide-legged pants. I like a pair that falls right around the lower part of my calf, and I usually wear them with a pair of tall leather boots. Yikes! I did an Ebay search, and they were coming up in the mid-$200 range! Good thing I can sew when I need to! I used to sew a lot more when my kiddos were little - made them little coats and dresses and such. Don't even know where I found the time because I sure don't have much now, and the only one I'm raising these days is myself.
Rosey, I'm sure that white stuff is very picturesque - and we'll have plenty of our own before long. I'm afraid I have a REALLY bad attitude toward the winter this year. I'll try to improve my outlook, but it's VERY hard!
Hi Ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!
Have a great day, everybody! (Hi Freda! and Gayle and everybody else!)

Z
Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #41  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
No time to chat other then checking into the challenge and a remark about Gaucho's. I've been retired for about 12 years and in that short of time I'd completely forgot about MY GAUCHO'S. Yes, I had a pair that I just about wore out. I guess I didn't know what they were called, I thought they were just called split skirts. (Like Annie Oakley wore) I sold 99% of my huge wardrobe when I retired, the split skirt went too. It was black and I wore black boots with it too. I saw a 'slimmin' black gaucho on ebay, new with tags. $79.99. I put a $9.99 bid on them, soon I'll own another Gaucho. Good thing I kept all my boots!
Quote:
Bobbi, as you've probably found out, Gauchos are like a split skirt - or very wide-legged pants. I like a pair that falls right around the lower part of my calf, and I usually wear them with a pair of tall leather boots. Yikes! I did an Ebay search, and they were coming up in the mid-$200 range!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #42  

Good Morning all,

Had to work yesterday. I start at 7 and I got my first 5 min. break at 2. so by then i was starving and needed coffee, GAD. Last break I got untill 8 that night too. So, I got home and I ATE. I really don't think I went over my calories for the day, at least not much, but I ate it all at night. Not the thing to do, but I didn't have much controle. I have found that I can controle happy times, parties and stuff like that. But it's stress and pain that make me lose it. Last night I had both. Stressed out and my foot was hurting like crazy. Not sure how to get past that, but it's something to work on.

Lynn, Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a couple of great things happen. Not that it just HAPPENED, you had to work hard for it.

Donna, Just looking at all that snow makes me cold! We will get it i'm sure, we always do, but right now it's sunny outside, leaves still falling and needing raked.

Bobbi, Are you and I the only ones that hang clothes out? Actually, Ijust hang out bed linen and the throws. Things where I want to get the outdoor scent on.

Zo, There is a new eating plan at Curves that stress changing the calories through different stages to keep from plateauing. It seems to work well. I think it's just keeping your body from getting used to one thing.

Karen, Beautiful holly trees. Do you cut them and use it for decoration? I know I sure would. I have 2 little holly bushes out front and I love them in the fall and winter.

Donna, I have to look and see what you chose for your challenge. I have to choose one soon. Still thinking...

Isabella, I know you had fun with the Grands! I always look forward to spending time with mine. How are you going to explain when the little one tells her parents "grandma said I could tell you to send the baby back"?

Rosey, No snow here yet, but we always get lots too, so I know it's coming. I always love that first snowfall. After that, forgetaboutit!

Make it a good day,

Freda
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #43  
Donna

Freda, you and Bobbi aren't the only ones to hang the clothes outside to dry. It brings back a memory of when I was very little and Mom was hanging out teeny little baby clothes in anticipation of the new arrival. That memory is very sweet... I LOVE the smell (and the electrical savings) from outdoor drying! What a lovely day it is today, supposed to be quite warm... Nothing to report. I'm still sleepy!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!

Zoe, that Holly Berry Tree is about 40' to 45' tall! In the other picture I posted with the house that is the Holly Berry tree in front! I've never had all these neat trees before--- just pine! We have Oak, Maple, Black Walnut there is one out in the back of the pool Mamosa tree. I know there are some more but I am still learning what they all are. I found a pecan out back too but not sure where that came from! Only one pecan on the ground. That would make me happy to have a pecan tree out there! I love pecans!!

We plan on getting a vegetable garden in this Spring. If we can keep the moles from tearing it up! I love fresh veggies out of the garden.

Guess I'd better get busy -- I've been playing on here most of the morning and I need to get some things done.

Take care and Have a good day!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #45  
Fit and Feisty

Wow! I sure am having a tough time keeping up with you gals! I am already so far behind.

Jess: I love that pic of the dog in the yellow slicker! Oh, and I still have a clothesline. In fact, I only got a dryer six years ago.

ALL: Don't hate me, but I LOVE to exercise. My fave is Leslie Sanson's "Walk Strong" with weights. But I can tell you, it really is 80% eating and 20% exercise, at least for me.

I knit shawls for cancer patients and just started another one. The color is "Montana Sky" a beautiful varigated blue by Homespun. Keeps me from snacking when I watch TV (okay, sometimes it keeps me from snacking!)

Anyone hooked on Biggest Loser?
Closed Thread