Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone, It has been a while since I posted but thought that I would jump in again. I am hanging in there with this life style change. I certainly do feel better when I eat right, and don't have all of that bloat. I am so determined, and I am having a platue right now, but I know it won't last forever so I am just going to keep at it.

Wilma
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #17  

Hi everyone..a beautiful sunny fall day here its about 55 out and my dogs have followed the sun across the floor this afternoon all on their backs..they look so goofy..welcome back karen 3 u were missed and im sry for your troubles..i was really lazy today so do not have alot to share..i did get my blood test results back and im a ok there..even the diabetes is in good control..my dr was pleased and that means im doing something right tonites my tv nite 3 shows in a row my dh isnt going to be happy tho as he likes control of what we watch so we are going to get a 2nd tv so we can both watch what we want..an excellent idea i think hope u all have a great evening rosey
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #18  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ is having control of the remote a "man" thing? My mom and dad have the same trouble. Dad controls the remote and poor mom doesn't have much say. Thankfully they have a 2nd TV, so she goes down the hall to get to watch what she wants to.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We have two tv's and we also DVR a lot of things. Thank goodness for DVR's!!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 234/153/138

Isn't it funny that it's always we women who have to go to "another room" to watch tv?? It's like that at our house too, I have never heard of the man going down the hall to the other tv, EVER. lol lol

Doris
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #21  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

It isn't just me? I love my husband, but he does seem to view the family room couch, bigscreen TV and remote as his personal "domain". Unfortunately, the DVR is only hooked to this TV. I try to watch the shows that only *I* like (like The Biggest Loser, the Food Network shows, and 18 Kids and Counting) during "off hours", but that's not always possible, so I have to insist on equal viewing rights! But most of the time, I just retreat to another room to read or watch what's on cable. And Sunday afternoons during football season? Fergedabboudit. Fortunately, DH has many other very wonderful qualities so I can forgive him this.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

My husband and i don't watch the same programs on TV either. But the "big' TV is in the family room. It's who ever starts watching it first, the other goes into another room. Guess i'm lucky. There are a few programs that we both watch together, but not that many. He doesn't like my cooking shows and just how many old westerns can one man watch?

I am doing really well with the challenge. I slipped, gained too many pounds. Mostly due to steroids, but once I got started eating it was hard to get back on tract. Thanks to the challenge I have. Only 3 more pounds to go now. I should change my weight but i'll be there soon, so i'm just leaving it alone. But it should be saying 118.

Zoe, hope you're feeling better and enjoy that Birthday dinner. I know you are anxious to see the little ones again!

Wilma, i find that checking in often helps keep me where I should be. if I have to "fess up" I do much better. Come often. and yes, you feel so much better when your body is getting the neutrition it needs. And that bloated, too full feeling is miserable. Why do we do that to ourselves anyway?

Rosey, Great news from the Doc.

Freda
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #23  

Oh, Linda, just wanted to say that the MIL could be Southern too. You show love with food and it's all fried! And sooo good!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #24  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Another rainy day here and we so appreciate it. We have many fruit trees that are too numerous to water by the hose. I still didn't get around to switching my summer clothes for my winter things. That's my number one project today, then balance our checkbook.
DH and I don't ever fight for the T.V. programs. We both like the same shows, so often he asks what I want to watch and I always say 'whatever'. You choose! I do get irritated when we lose the signal when we have a few drops of rain, geeeeeezzz.
You all have a great day and don't forget to write down every morsel that goes into your mouth.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....Thank you! It helps knowing am not alone. Think we had a minor break thru this am. I asked if he would like an english muffin with egg and he said that he might as well since the doctor said they would be ban.????? What doc said was even egg beaters have (6gm) protein....So I quietly suggested that maybe he should reschedule his next appt so I can be there. He tanked and then agreed. He made the appt for 11/3 thats the day I leave for Daytona Beach regional tournament and have had reservations for self and team mates for 6 months.

Still mulling how to fit my diet needs with his and coming up short. Both diets are concerned GI and 1500 cals is doable, but after thats where it goes wonky. Guess i'll spend the weekend researching.

Be back later to do personals. Wonderful to see all your "old timers"...Sorry Zoe just had to say that. See Cat on South Beach site and she's doing wonderful. And welcome newbies....off to play on a bridge....what my 6 yr GD thought I did all day...Karen3
Old 10-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #26  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. And I believe Doris is new to 3FC. Come and post often. Soon you'll be one of the old timers,

DH will go to the bedroom to watch TV if I want to watch something. He usually falls asleep soon after a show comes on if it's after supper, ha, ha. So he's already in bed.

I got 2 pies made yesterday, 3 if you count the pot pie for dinner. So yummy. I made a blueberry rhubarb with a lattice topping and a large apple pie with full top crust. I didn't do pumpkin yet as I rather not freeze that one and didn't have pumpkin til today. It was selling for $4.49 for a large can last week. Yikes!!! I said I'd never pay that much, I'd do carrot pies instead if need be (no one knows the difference). But today the same can was $2.49 so I bought it. It should make at least 2 pies.

I had a delicious dinner today. As most of you know I'm vegetarian just to set the scene. I made Sloppy Joes but instead of using all veggie burger I substituted cooked brown lentils for some of the burger. Also had a handful of mixed bell pepper and half a large onion added to the mix. Then I just used a bit of bbq sauce to mix it all up. It would work with ground beef as well. So delicious and a bit of added fiber with the lentils. It's the only way I'll ever make Sloppy Joes again. I just finished eating and I'm almost drooling thinking about how good they'd be to eat again.

The weather is cold here. DH and I shopped today as he didn't have work today. When we got home the thermostat was down to about 15 degrees C. That's chilly. Glad we have a wood furnace. Nothing like wood heat spewing out hot air till the wood's all burned up.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Day 1 of vacation -

Did GOOD with eating - did NOT get any exercise (except for 12 hours driving).

Made a side trip on my way from PA to NC - stopped at Monticello in VA - how BEAUTIFUL!

Too tired to check out Raleigh tonight. Will sight-see tomorrow.

Lynn
Old 10-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #28  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

MBM, thank you! And your picture is LOVELY....
Old 10-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #29  

Hi everyone another rainy day here..im catching up on laundry..my dh is getting ready to go to his cabin to winterize it so i will be alone for a few days..its intersting that the tv is a universal guy girl thing for all of us..however my dh and I have such diff tv tastes we are going to get a 2nd tv with our alaskan permanent fund check this yr ..i just talked to my dd and she is recovering from her surg,i miss them like crazy..karen 3 i always have to cook 2 diff ways as im diabetic..its easier now with lots of practice..the only trouble i have is when i bake esp choc chip cookies( my dh luves them) so i bake and eat one and then have him put the rest up on a high shelve where i cant reach it works for me as i will cheat if i can well im rambling hope you have agreat weekend rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-03-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I just posted in the Halloween Challenge and I guess seeing it in B/W confirms what I really already knew. My eating isn't all that off track but I need to MOVE MORE!! I didn't lose not one pound this week. But maybe by seeing it now it will motivate me to get up and do something about it!!
Closed Thread