Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~September Golden Girls~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us

There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #2  
Bobbi

Time for me to get serious again! I need to start back to the basic, log my food, post here daily. I'm the biggest offender in the summer, 20 lashes with a cooked zucchini
I'm making applesauce today, have tons of tomatoes to freeze so I better get with it. Will have to change my slide bar and adjust my weight. Don't know what it is, will probably shock myself tomorrow morning.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #3  

I am also from MN, my Sept goal is onderland, (10 pounds)
Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone! Like everybody else -- I need to get cracking on this plan again. I pretty much have the basement set up with everything I need to make it my "WOMAN CAVE"!!! Got a small TV, DVD player, exercise DVD's(Walk Away The Pounds and Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies Collecton" stereo, treadmill, Gazelle, mini trampoline, hand weights. So now all I need to do is find the motivation to start using it all!!

We are checking to see what the charges would be to fix up the pool at the house we bought. We have a bid on a vinyl liner and all to make it just like new. And today we had someone out to give us a bid on a fiberglass pool that can just be put down in the "hole" we have. Right now the pool measures 16' X 34' so it is a good size. With the liner we can keep it just the same. With a fiberglass we may have to go smaller. Guess we'll wait and see what this guy today comes up with. I know it is more expensive but just want to make sure I am getting what I want.

My son and his wife made a decision to go ahead and take the children back to Colorado to her parents house for the next few months in hopes that they can get jobs, and find work is Florida. Then they can be all set up and be able to go and get the kids on their Winter break. This broke my heart to see them split up their family so that they can try to go to school, work and find a place to live. I am so hoping that it works for them but have also mentioned to them that this may just not be the right time to try and do this. They have had so many obstacles put in their way but seem to have blinders on and can't seem to think of any other way. I am very worried about how things are going to work for them. Saying lots of prayers that the right thing does happen for them-- what ever that will be.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the night and a HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #5  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
I was so out of the habit weighing myself in the morning that I forgot when I woke up, didn't think about it until after I drank a couple cups of coffee. (about a pounds worth). I'll watch it today and weigh in tomorrow.
Karen...Woman cave sounds perfect. How about that pool, nice. Is that a year round pool? I don't know what the climate is in Missouri or how long you can use it but what excellent exercise. Did you sell your Colorado home yet?
Quote:
I need to get cracking on this plan again. I pretty much have the basement set up with everything I need to make it my "WOMAN CAVE"!!!

Cindy...10 pounds doesn't seem like much but we all know what a lot of work it is. Two pounds lost, one pound gained back and so on.
[QUOTE]my Sept goal is onderland, (10 pounds)[QUOTE]
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Bobbi, No it isn't a year round pool---- I guess. you don't drain it at all but it does get too cold to swim. But you can probably use it from May up into October if the weather cooperates.
No, we haven't sold our house in Colorado yet. We are going to have to go the end of this month and pick up the things that we didn't have room for when we moved and also get it winterized if it isn't sold. Can't wait much longer before doing that. I know it is getting down in the high 30's out there now so it won't be long before the snow starts out there.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #7  
Bobbi

Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzz,I jumped on the scale this morning and am I up or what. I'll have to change my slider scale. Rats!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I'm with all of you. Up 11 lbs from my low of 145. I'm starting to panic.

Lynn
Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #9  
Denise

S/C/G: 210/210/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie . . .

Hello, I'm very new to site (joined about 10 minutes ago!).

A bit about myself.

I'm 51. I have 5 kids. Two are "grown-ups" and out of the house. My other three still at home are ages 9, 7 1/2, 7. Four out of five of my kids were adopted internationally (any others out there with families built by adoption?)

I'm heavier than I have ever been in my life [210]. Saw a picture of myself yesterday (something I try at great cost to keep from happening) and really need to turn things around for myself.

My vow for this week is to journal my foods, and to figure out some way to exercise. Any help from other excercise challenged folks would be most welcome.

thanks much Denise

Last edited by denisehyeong; 09-06-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #10  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

And Hi Denise and welcome. It is a wonderful bunch of ladies here. Been kind of quiet here over the summer, but maybe will pick back up again when cooler weather starts keeping folks in.

My family is built by adoption. 2 out of 3. They are all grown now. Two live nearby, and the two grandkids. The youngest is in North Carolina.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisehyeong View Post
Hello, I'm very new to site (joined about 10 minutes ago!).

A bit about myself.

I'm 51. I have 5 kids. Two are "grown-ups" and out of the house. My other three still at home are ages 9, 7 1/2, 7. Four out of five of my kids were adopted internationally (any others out there with families built by adoption?)

I'm heavier than I have ever been in my life [210]. Saw a picture of myself yesterday (something I try at great cost to keep from happening) and really need to turn things around for myself.

My vow for this week is to journal my foods, and to figure out some way to exercise. Any help from other excercise challenged folks would be most welcome.

thanks much Denise
Hi Denise,

WELCOME!

Lynn
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

See my Halloween Challenge

Old 09-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #13  

HI everyone,

Just wanted to wish you a happy holiday. Have fun. Remember, fun doesn't have to mean over eating.

Freda
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #14  
Bobbi

Wail!I just don't have the will to continue. I have lots of zucchini bread, zucchini brownie, all that nasty not good for you foods right now in the freezer. I don't know why I got on this sugar kick, the more I make the more I eat. I can't stand not using up the zucchini because I was taught the children across the ocean were starving.
Lynn...I joined the challenge but won't start it until next Monday morning. Have two days of rummage sale coming up fri/sat and it's a 5 family deal, lots of food, blah, blah, blah. I know I won't be good so not much point in starting until then. Remember when we passed the cookbook around, now that was an incentive! Wish 3FC would allow us to do something like that again because that was the most inspirating thing I've ever done. What can we do similar that would work without bending 3FC's rules? THINK EVERYONE!
Welcome denise, hi glynne, freda, karen. What ever happened to the other Karen?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #15  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Everyone. My head is all over the place but I'm starting all over again today. Summer is basically over for us as DH is back to work tomorrow on the school bus so my schedule will be a little more organized.

I walked for an hour today. I think I walked about 5k but not sure. I've got to map it out on mapmyrun.com. So I guess I'll be posting more often now for sure.

I've been making jam, pickled beets and applesauce but no baking yet. We still have a few cookies left in the freezer from DS's wedding but DH will probably have those gone by next week.

My weigh in is tomorrow--the first time since July and I'm nervous about the damage done over the last couple of months. I'm sure I'm up at least 15 pounds. My jeans are too tight to wear and I have to get back into those in the next few weeks or I'll only have white pants to wear for the Fall. Ha, ha.
Closed Thread