Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #16  
Denise

S/C/G: 210/210/155

Height: 5'6"

"Lynn...I joined the challenge but won't start it until next Monday morning."

Can you tell me what the Challenge is?

I walked 25 minutes this morning. I also just talked to my daughter (22 yrs) and she and her partner are going to join me on this weight loss journey. She doesn't live here, but this way we have someone to be accountable to! We are going to "journal" our food diaries to each other, and check in on exercise! Hurray.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisehyeong View Post
"Lynn...I joined the challenge but won't start it until next Monday morning."

Can you tell me what the Challenge is?

I walked 25 minutes this morning. I also just talked to my daughter (22 yrs) and she and her partner are going to join me on this weight loss journey. She doesn't live here, but this way we have someone to be accountable to! We are going to "journal" our food diaries to each other, and check in on exercise! Hurray.
Hi Denise,

Look at the post "Halloween Challenge" up in the Sticky area. Basically, it is a challenge to avoid empty calories between now and 2 weeks after Halloween. However, feel free to modify in whatever way you would like. Just post a message on that thread & then edit the message every day with your progress.

Lynn
Old 09-07-2009, 05:12 PM   #18  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I just had to share something cute. I was over at my daughters on Saturday. Maddie decided she wanted a ride in the stroller. Didn't matter that we were in the house ~ she thought it was a good time for a ride. (I hadn't had a chance to do any exercise that day, so I figured ~ what the heck ~ I'll get in some extra steps.) So, a-riding we went. Round and round the dinning room table. Maddie in the stroller holding her zebra and their dog Molly (a big black lab) following right along behind us. That was the cute part, the dog going right along with us ~ we didn't encourage her to do that she just thought she should come along too I guess

Ahhh ~ the making of memories

Take care
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,

I just had to share something cute. I was over at my daughters on Saturday. Maddie decided she wanted a ride in the stroller. Didn't matter that we were in the house ~ she thought it was a good time for a ride. (I hadn't had a chance to do any exercise that day, so I figured ~ what the heck ~ I'll get in some extra steps.) So, a-riding we went. Round and round the dinning room table. Maddie in the stroller holding her zebra and their dog Molly (a big black lab) following right along behind us. That was the cute part, the dog going right along with us ~ we didn't encourage her to do that she just thought she should come along too I guess

Ahhh ~ the making of memories

Take care
Hi Gayle,

What an adorable image!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #20  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Isabella, you're about the same weight as me. My jeans are getting tight too, still squeezing my fat gut into them. Guts has to go!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #21  

Hmmm - sounds to me like many of us "old-timers" are losing our mojo. Let's return to one of the questions that Bobbi asks on our home-page -

"What keeps you motivated?"

At this point, I need to get "re-motivated." For the zillionth time in my life, I lost my healthy eating behaviors when faced with family illness/tragedy. On the other hand, for the first time in my life, I hung in there with my exercise behaviors.

My strategy for getting "re-motivated" is to get really involved with the Halloween Challenge. Bobbi and I are working on a special "reward" (3FC does not allow tangible rewards for challenges - so our "reward" will be virtual). Stay tuned for the new "twist" on the challenge & come join in the fun.

Lynn
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #22  

Good Morning all,

So easy to get sidetracked! My motivation is having no clothes to wear. I refuse to buy a larger size. It gets ugly sometimes when everything is too tight. I think buying a larger size also makes you stop and reevaluate. So, if you are hanging on to those "big" clothes, get rid of them, or at least put them somewhere that you can't just grab them.

Hi denise, Welcome! I know you will get a lot of help here. And how wonderful that your family is joining you. Makes it so much easier.

Lynn and Bobbi, I will be joining the challenge now. I thought it was "no sweets" only, not no junk food. So, I have to recheck that.

Gayle, how sweet that sounds! Yes those are the things we remember.

have a good day,

Freda
Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #23  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Fitting back into my skinny jeans will get me motivated again + summer is over and time to "FALL" back into the groove.
Thanksgiving, pumpkin pies and turkey are around the corner and who wants to look fabulous in our new thinner bodies for relatives and friends.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #24  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm so rotted. I weighed this morning and I've gained 15 pounds since DS's wedding. I guess I've been medicating with food since DS left and mom died. Anyway, I'm back with the program and rearing to get rid of those extra pounds. Just to be able to wear my jeans again without undo stress on both me and the jeans will be good motivation. Also I was at the doctor's this morning getting results from blood tests I had done a few weeks ago. My Vitamin B12 and iron is low so that may account for how tired I've been feeling the last couple of months. The B12 deficiency runs in the family so I guess I'm at that age when it can happen to anyone. Hopefully, getting back to healthy eating will also help. The last few weeks I could hardly get out of bed in the morning and I've been spending most of the day too tired to get out of my own way.

Anyway, I got in a walk yesterday and today so I feel good about that and I'm tracking my food on fitday.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn and Bobbi, I will be joining the challenge now. I thought it was "no sweets" only, not no junk food. So, I have to recheck that.
Freda
Hi Freda,

I stuck in "no sweets" but everyone can choose her own goals. I actually added exercise and calorie goals today.

Lynn
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I'm so rotted. I weighed this morning and I've gained 15 pounds since DS's wedding. I guess I've been medicating with food since DS left and mom died. Anyway, I'm back with the program and rearing to get rid of those extra pounds. Just to be able to wear my jeans again without undo stress on both me and the jeans will be good motivation. Also I was at the doctor's this morning getting results from blood tests I had done a few weeks ago. My Vitamin B12 and iron is low so that may account for how tired I've been feeling the last couple of months. The B12 deficiency runs in the family so I guess I'm at that age when it can happen to anyone. Hopefully, getting back to healthy eating will also help. The last few weeks I could hardly get out of bed in the morning and I've been spending most of the day too tired to get out of my own way.

Anyway, I got in a walk yesterday and today so I feel good about that and I'm tracking my food on fitday.

Have a good day everyone.
Hi Isabella,

Come up (to sticky area) and join our "halloween" challenge.

Lynn
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #27  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thanks Lynn, I joined yesterday and have been doing pretty good the last 2 days.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #28  

Hi eveyone..a rainy day here and the leaves are allready changing color..dh came back from the cabin and he got a moose so ill be busy processing it the next few days..hunting is a way of life for us and its nice to have a freezer full of moose,salmon and halibut yum..my sil and grs will be here friday to go back to the cabin for more hunting..my dh loves that..its a guy thing hope u all had a great long weekend..ours was quiet just the way i like it.. ((()))) rosey
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Thanks Lynn, I joined yesterday and have been doing pretty good the last 2 days.

GREAT! Stay tuned for a new twist on the Challenge thread.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #30  

Hi Everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Our current Halloween Challenge has a NEW and EXCITING addition. Points and a Virtual Award are being incorporated.

Here’s how it will work. Each challenger will post 3 goals – you pick.

For example, mine are
1) avoid sweets (candy, cookies, cake, ice cream);
2) exercise at least 60 minutes/day;
3) eat fewer than 1,200 calories/day.

Challengers will earn 1 point for each day they post + 1 point for each goal they meet on that day. Therefore, challengers can earn up to 4 points/day.
At the end of the challenge (November 14) the person with the most points will win our virtual award –

From the day of winning until the end of the next challenge, the winner will post our virtual award as part of her signature (or as her avatar if she prefers).

She will be known far and wide as the WINNER of the 50+ Challenge until there is a new winner to a new Challenge to take the trophy from her.

Our Points + Virtual Award addition will begin next Monday on September 14. This will give everyone a chance to join up & select their 3 goals.

So, if you have not already joined our Halloween Challenge, come on up to the Sticky Area, open up the Halloween Challenge thread, and set up your space!
Closed Thread