Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~May Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #2  
Bobbi

It's good to learn something new every day, duh! I just closed the May thread by accident. I was fooling around trying to post the picture of the baby rabbit when I saw a new feature on the bottom. It was to automatically close the thread after posting, I thought great! I didn't realize that's how you permanently shut down the thread, I thought only the moniters like (Linda, Meow) could do that.
Sorry everyone!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,
That was pretty exciting trying to figure out what was going on with the closed thread, mostly out of nosiness. That's how exciting my life is. How funny. I'm glad I'm not the only person who does stuff like that.
Bobbi, Benjamin sounds adorable. It must be fun to watch him play.
Lynn, How exciting to get below 150. What a wonderful feeling. I'm glad to be here to share that moment with you.

I don't have plans for the weekend because I'm staying away from people until Monday, although I think my problem is allergies. I started taking Clarinex and my coughing went away. I have been busy setting up my routine to stay out of the house.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hey Bobbi,

Congratulations on learning something new.

Any chance you can learn how to pop the May Accountability thread up to the sticky area?

Lynn
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #5  
Bobbi

Sorry Lynn...I don't think that's anything we can do but I contacted 3FC's and asked them to do it.

Quote:
Hey Bobbi,

Congratulations on learning something new.

Any chance you can learn how to pop the May Accountability thread up to the sticky area?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Ha, ha, ha. I'm always doing stuff like that. Bobbi you're in good company. The bunny sounds so sweet. We have little red squirrels that come to our yard and I've named them before, especially when we had the bird feeders and they'd come and eat from them.

WTG, Lynn. Hope that bounce loses it's elasticity and stays down.

Jada. Hope you feel better soon. I'd like to get out of the house more often too. Hope you are successful with that one.

Today I weighed in and lost a pound and I'm finally in the 130s again. This time it's the last time I go up in the 140s. I'm turning my back on 140 forever!!! But that being said it was my free food day so I don't dare step on the scales until next week. I'm full until tomorrow.

Nothing too much planned for the weekend. I had mom out this afternoon for a visit to the nursing home and then we went for a little drive. Tomorrow, Mother's Day, we are going shopping for a wedding gift for DS. Mom wants to buy him a blender. There's one half price (49.99) at Canadian Tire and if they have any in stock we'll get that one for her. It's a 2 day sale and the chances of any being in the store are slim to none but we'll have a look anyway.

I wore a new size 10 suit today. It's one I've had in my closet all winter waiting for warmer weather to wear it. It is white and I know the rules for wearing white but according to Martha Stewart you can now wear white any time of the year and if it's good enough for Martha it's good enough for me! The only thing wrong was the weather--definitely not warm today. The wind is very chilly.

This morning when we woke up there was no water to be had anywhere in town. There was a water leak in the main water line and the town was fixing it. We never got water back in our part of town until 2 pm. I was up last night wanting a drink of water around 2 am and the water was turned off then so it was about 12 hours without water. DH went to his mother's place and got water there. We live on the top of a hill where water won't run but his mom is at sea level almost in the bay. She had a trickle coming out of her taps so we got a couple of buckets to tide us over. We ate dinner on paper plates to save on water and washing. Fortunately, I had taken a shower just before I went to bed last night but I went to sleep with wet hair thinking I'd wet it down again this morning in the shower. Talk about bed head. I applied a liberal amount of mousse before I tried to style it but it never really went back where it should have.

Well, that's my life as I know it. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by retiredone; 05-09-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone I hope everyone has a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! I got a call today and they had to put my Dad in intensive care this afternoon. His kidneys are shutting down and his blood pressure was 90/40 . We're packiing as fast as we can but now it is for sure not fast enough.. would appreciate all thoughts and prayers. This is a picture Tim took this evening and it pretty much sums it up----- I'm tired, both mentally and physically.
Take care everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2291.jpg (29.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning ladies,

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. Mother and I are going to try to go to church today, it will be great if we can.

Lynn, that's so sad about your friends granddaughter, I'm so sorry. And, congrat's on getting below 150.

Karen31, so sorry to hear about your dad. Good luck with getting the move done soon.

Jada, maybe you can just enjoy the aroma of the bakery.......and I bet once you indulge a few times, you'll just pass it on by. I hope you enjoy your new digs.

Bobbi, Benjamin sounds so cute, that must be something to see.....lol. Hope your grandson continues to improve, that must have been really hard for him to go through.

Isabella, congrat's on getting back in the 130's.......and you're right, they say white is ok for anytime of the year.......but I think it depends on what it is too. I'm sure your white suit was perfect.

I'm finally getting things put where they need to go here. I worked yesterday on my dining room/sewing area, that's where I had put everything that I didn't know what I was going to do with. I took things over to friends house for yard sale, and I made 60.00 which was great. I didn't have much left, and will give the rest to Helping Hands.

I haven't done bad with my eating. I try to eat right most of the time, and if I goof up once in a while, then at least it's not all the time. I'm still at 167, so haven't lost anymore, but haven't gained either. I haven't been doing my walking and my exercising, but plan to start back in the morning with my exercising before my bus route. I have two bulging disc in my upper back, and working with my weights a couple of times a week keeps them in place and the pain completely goes away. I can tell by the pain now that I need to get started back......SOON! I'm sure I've moved too much furniture by myself......you know, doing what women do...rearranging.......lol.

I'm doing really well mentally, so glad to have made this decision. We have our office building under contract, so that is going to relieve some of the pressure from bills, and give us each a bit of cash to stick in reserve. I'm going to treat myself to some new eye glasses, and then the rest will be for emergencies.

Ok, going to quit my babbling, hello to all that I missed, and everyone have a great day in your neighborhood, wherever it might be!

Susann
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #9  
Bobbi

Happy Mother's Day
Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #10  

Happy Mother's Day!!

Karen31, I hope your Dad gets well soon.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #11  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'll ditto that: Happy Mother's Day. I overate! ON DESSERT! 'Nough said. Must exercise. See ya all tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Spring Cleaning time. Having my car detailed today, windows cleaned tomorrow and drapes cleaned on Wednesday.

Had a WONDERFUL weekend. Out to dinner on Saturday, breakfast at my DD's yesterday, walked in the park with DD & SIL yesterday, my DD & SIL gave me a BEAUTIFUL Boehm porcelain rose.

Start a class tomorrow. Have a great day, everyone,

Lynn
Old 05-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #13  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
I hope everyone had a nice Mom's day. I ate very light except for the desserts, too tempting! I'm going to count all my calories this week because of my bad sunday. How'd everyone else do?
We had our first Oriole this morning, last week I put the grape jelly out and filled our Oriole feeder for our returning friends. I sliced a fresh orange and put that out too. I love watching them!
I use grams more than anything when weighting my foods and I ran across this last week and thought I'd lost it. I found it filed under my saved documents, hope it helps some of you.
Sorry, my copy/paste is still not working right, I'll try posting it later.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-11-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #14  

Morning everyone..another pretty day here..warm and sunny..i had a wonderful mother's day..esp the part about not having to cook..the dh grilled steaks and made salad..very nice along with peach roses..hope you all had a nice day too..im puttering around doing dishes and laundry ugh i hate doing house work..ttfn rosey
Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #15  

My Mother's Day was very nice. My DS is going to take me to Red Robin Gourmet Hamburgers on Saturday for a late celebration. It's always nice to hear from my sons. When they first moved from home, I had to call them.
I've been working on my computer most of the time. It keeps shutting down on me, so I think I need to buy a new one. My computer is nine years old. Everything I've tried has not worked. I'll keep trying.
Closed Thread