3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Active Folks Over 50 -- #23

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #31
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

SSDD in northeastern Nova Scotia -- it's raining again. The Cormorants have returned to their favourite nesting area beside the harbour though so I finally know that Spring (and at leat one more snowstorm) is just around the corner.

Had a major run-in with Cool Whip the past couple of days and the weight and blood sugar reflected it. Things are heading back in the right direction again now. Stay away from those Frankenfoods, gang.

See you later . . .

Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #32
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

OK, meowee, how did the CoolWhip make it into your house???

It's winter again here today, too. Had to turn the heat on this morning!

I'm still buried with the work to be done... even getting extensions out is hard to do.

One of my clients somehow got the idea that she only needed to pay ONE of her FOUR estimated tax payments for the year. It's not that she's new at this, either. When I get her on the phone, I must ask, "Under what possible theory did you conclude that this was OK?" Because now she's going to owe over $5,000 in taxes on April 15. I know she's not going to be happy with that...

Couldn't sleep most of last night, and I seem to be running on adrenaline today. Sigh...

Jay
Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #33
Onward and Downward

The same way the occasional jar of PB gets here Have to try it out every once in a long while to see if I've learned to control myself yet.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #34
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Ummm... that would be like me bringing home a bottle of scotch...

Jay
Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #35
Onward and Downward

Oh wow . . . good point . . . I admit to never having thought about it like that.

Thank you, JAY

Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #36
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey!

Still cold this morning. But it's supposed to warm back up again pretty quickly.

I'm back into it again... hope you all have an easy day!

Jay
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #37
Onward and Downward

It's not raining and we may even get some sun this afternoon -- what's 'sun' anyway?

Today's excitement will be fiunally getting my taxes done -- after the first excitement of hauling the garbage out which will be a real treat not having to wade through snow to get the stuff to the curb.

Oh darn, I just saw the truck and it's only 8:20 -- they don't usually show up until at least noon. Guess I'm hanging onto the stuff for another two weeks.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #38
Onward and Downward

I'm back -- it was just the blue bag truck (recycling; cans, bottles, papers) and I don't mind having to hang on to that. The real garbage and the compostables are now out there. After I rushed around, (definitely out of breath right now) they probably won't be back with the other truck until mid-afternoon.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #39
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope you are having a good day! Still mega busy this week! And now, I have to chair a personnel committee meeting at church tonight since the chairperson is unable to make it!

I got a new "game" for the Wii - Gold's Gym Cardio Shape Boxing. I think I am going to like it! I did two 10 minute segments and I'm really tired!

Still too cold to scoot here , but the snow is slowly melting away. I really hope that it gets warm soon!

Linda - I wish we had curb-side recycling! We have to haul all of our stuff to the center. We also take all of the church recycling, so our car gets pretty full!

Jay - don't forget to take care of yourself this week. I know the taxes have you hopping!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Laurie

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story
Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #40
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

The sun is brightly shining and it's lovely to see . . . but I am officially in a bad mood . . . finished my taxes and wrote a cheque for over $5,000 to the Canadian Revenue Agency.

At least I didn't eat anything off plan . . . yet. This happens every year since I don't believe in paying in advance if I don't have to, but that doesn't make it any easier to write the cheque. Of course, now they will be hitting my with big interim payments for the rest of this year. Somehow you just cannot fight City Hall.

Oh yah . . . the cats are going crazy this morning and sure enough, I checked the calendar and there is a full moon tonight.

Hope the rest of you have a great Thursday.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #41
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Meowee, dear me! I have clients who refuse to pay in advance also... but the penalties usually convince them otherwise after a couple years...

Now Laurie, when I was a child my parents got me boxing gloves and a punching bag one year for Xmas because I wanted them. The punching bag was one of those that had an upside-down bag on the end of a flexible bar, affixed to a platform that you stood on while you punched--and the "gloves" were pretty hokey--but I enjoyed them! The Wii boxing sounds like lots more fun!

flowingair, my partner tried one of those nasal rinses, and she says it's great. I have always been leery of them, but after he experience, maybe I'll try it sometime.

Where are the rest of our active folks? Can they all be off at the gym?

Jay
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #42
Onward and Downward

No penalties involved -- if they ask me for quarterly payments I make them. It's just that they usually want too much and then the next year they owe me and then they stop the quarterly payments and then the same cycle begins all over again. What I will not do is ask my payors to withhold more than is legally required from my monthly payments. Trust me, I don't break tax laws. Definitely not worth it.

Last edited by meowee : 04-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #43
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Oh, I would never in a million years think that you would break any tax laws!

You're just not that kinda gal!

Jay
Old 04-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #44
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just a quick post. Still swamped with work and volunteer activities!

Jay, I'm still trying to figure out whether I need to file a new W4 because of the "stimulus" money. We got a warning note from payrolll saying that most double income families would end up owing at the end of the year. Unlike Linda, I usually try to break even so I don't have to write that check.

The whole stimulus thing is driving me nuts.
Vendors are bombarding me with email, snail mail and phone calls hoping to get a slice of the pie - yet the state says that they are gonna use most of the stimulus money to offset the deficit in the school aid fund. Grrrr...

OK, gotta get some sleep - I am definitely in need of some R&R!

Hope you had a great POP day!

Laurie

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story
Old 04-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #45

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, I'm slowing down a bit. I have tomorrow and all next week off. YaHoo. DD 's wedding dress came in yesterday. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her size 8 dress. I hope to some day be a size 8 too, heck I'll take a size 10 olr 12 right at the moment. It was a lot of fun, so much yet to do for the wedding, but it's coming together.
I think the antibiotic I was on made me crave carbs. I'm finally back under control, but it's been a struggle. I hope to be able to get back into my exercise routine, I just couldn't do it with my headache.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

Last edited by flowingair : 04-09-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.