Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh BOBBI . . . . . . Good one, Chickie
Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi -

Got a GREAT pair of earrings at a craft show today - to replace a pair I lost on my last vacation.

Did 2 hours of exercise yesterday & ate around 1100 calories. This morning I was up almost a pound!!!

I really hope I stay on track next week on vacation with my sister. She's around 110 lbs - has been all her life - and eats about twice what I do. I think it's because she never dieted. Her metabolism hasn't been all messed up.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

It's a gloomy rainy day here in Kentucky this morning, supposed to do this all day. Oh well, this is the bad before the good.

Looks like Mother may have kidney problems that may postpone her pacemaker surgery next week. We're supposed to get the results back today from her blood work done yesterday. Hopefully it's her digititis that is up, I hope I'm saying that right. We can reduce that, and get it back down to normal. Had to start her on another pill for her stomach, 30 minutes before she eats, 3 times a day.......one more thing for me to remember, HELP!!!..lol

I didn't eat great yesterday, I don't think I went over my allotment, but didn't eat a very good choice of foods. Today is another day, will do better.

Have a great day!!! and remember......

Nothing taste as good as thin feels.........
Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
It's a gloomy rainy day here in Kentucky this morning, supposed to do this all day. Oh well, this is the bad before the good.

Looks like Mother may have kidney problems that may postpone her pacemaker surgery next week. We're supposed to get the results back today from her blood work done yesterday. Hopefully it's her digititis that is up, I hope I'm saying that right. We can reduce that, and get it back down to normal. Had to start her on another pill for her stomach, 30 minutes before she eats, 3 times a day.......one more thing for me to remember, HELP!!!..lol

I didn't eat great yesterday, I don't think I went over my allotment, but didn't eat a very good choice of foods. Today is another day, will do better.

Have a great day!!! and remember......

Nothing taste as good as thin feels.........
Hi Susan,

Good luck on a better day today.

Lynn
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #95  

Hi Everyone,

Today I'm attending a new group - local area genealogy group. Hopefully, will be better than the scrabble group I attended.

Working on gathering my "making good eating choices" resolve for next week in FL. I REALLY do NOT want to bounce back up again.

Have a good week everyone. I'll see you next Saturday

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-14-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

damn something ate my long post....snort whiny hissssssssssssh...later Karen3
Old 03-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #97  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Week-end everyone!
Not much going on here today other than some nice weather. Hope some of our large snow drifts melt some. I can't wait to start hanging out laundry on the clothes lines. I packed up all MIL summer clothes yesterday and brought them to our house until summer begins. She is going from 3 large closets to one closet in her new place and only has room for one season of clothes. Her new place will cost over $4,000 a month but it'll be her room only. No other person sharing the room, it's a very large room with a view over looking the flower garden court. She can have her love seat, end table and coffee table in there as well as her bedroom set. I wouldn't mind living there myself! I need to get cleaned up and get some baking done for DH. He loves jelly rolls and I have homemade grape jelly to use up from last years grape crop. You all have a great week-end.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #98  

Good morning everyone,

another gloomy day, but that's ok, the sun is shining somewhere!!! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday, I'm showing property this afternoon, YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE, so wish me luck.

Haven't walked for 2 days, but am on my way out the door for at least 30 minutes, will see after that if I can go further. I need to get started back on my power mile with weights, maybe this week I can get that goal accomplished.

Everyone have a happy Sunday, I hope all is well in your worlds today!, and remember:
nothing taste as good as thin feels!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #99  
Onward and Downward

Hope everybody is having a great weekend. We have sunshine today and the temperatures may actually sneak slightly above the freezing mark. Not exactly Spring, but I'm starting to hold out hope.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #100  

Hi everyone hope all is well in your world,my turns slowly its sunny but cold we are getting more daylite hrs tho so spring is coming (((hugs)) rosey
Old 03-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey guys...Just watched Discovery take off. It was awesome.The clouds were heavy low on the horizon then they started to glow orange and the spacecraft rose above the tree tops with a hugh bright tail of orange popped into even heavier clouds only for a few second and then flew into clear sky with the setting sun reflecting off the craft and trailing a long gold tail of flames. This was the best one ever to watch. At that point they were traveling about 2700mph....wow!

We're 130 miles away from the launch site and can still hear and see so much. They had a perfect day to fly. Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone, Well, we made it back to Colorado about 7:30 last night. It was a long trip but I'm glad that we were already back there when my Dad got sick. He had a really hard time after his surgery but is doing better. We did decide to have him go to skilled nursing right now at least until he gets his strength back. If any of us kids tried to take care of him at home i just know we wouldn't be able to make him get moving the way he needs to get better. In fact, I heard today that my older brother was there with him when a nurse came in and said it was time to go to rehab----my Dad said he just didn't think he was up to it today---she didn't take no for an answer and he ended up riding on a stationary bike and then lifting some weights. I know we wouldn't have been able to make him do that and I also know that this is what he needs!

Our realtor called this morning and people were coming this afternoon to see the house so I got moving pretty fast and got things put away and the house looked good to show. BUT I am pooped tonight. I am hoping the house sells soon and we can get moved back to MO. I'm so glad that we were already there when Dad had to be taken to the ER---it wouldn't have been much fun driving 700 miles worrying about him all the way!

Anyway, wanted to at least pop in and let you know I'm still hanging in there. Now I need to get focused on my eating and exercise again! May need a kick in the pants to get started again!

Take care.....
Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 AM   #103  

Good morning all, hi Karen31, and Rosey. I'm new here and very excited to be here. Karen31, hope all goes well with your dad, and with selling your house.

Karen3, what an awesome thing to see, and the way you described it, wowowow. That must have truly been a sight, glad you were able to see it.

Even with a few days of not eating exactly right, I'm still down 2 more lbs. YIPPPPPEEEEEEE, and I walked 40 minutes yesterday.

Does anyone do yoga? I guess I need to start that too. Tell me what you think please.

Have a great Monday, mine is going to be full....
Old 03-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #104  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Wow, what a gorgeous morning, temps are to rise to 60's. I can't wait to hang clothes out on the line.
We have to go into town to measure MIL future home/room and figure out what we can take and what to sell of furniture, etc. DH has been having lots of bad nightmares lately, I think all this stress is getting to him in his sleep.
Susan......... on you two pound loss.
Karen3...Lots of advantages of living in Florida besides sun and fresh fruit!
Karen31...Hi girlfriend, nice to hear from you and glad you had a safe trip back.
Hi Rosey, Lynn, Meowee, everyone have a slimming week.

Quote:
Is it true that lifting weights causes women to bulk up?

While on a weight lifting program, the right hormones (testosterone) are necessary in order to bulk up. Women’s testosterone levels are much lower than men’s, so in most cases, they are not capable of building large muscles. In fact, since muscle takes up less room than fat, women tend to lose inches when they strength train. So in addition to the physical benefits (increased metabolism, decreased risk of osteoporosis, increased strength), strength training will help you slim down too! Women, in fact, are more likely to tone up from strength training rather than bulk up. Research shows that women can add up to 30% lean muscle and end up looking thinner, feeling stronger and being firmer.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #105  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Still on the proper eating track, but the blood sugar is very, very erratic. Have to see what the doctor says next week. Might be connected to the definite increase in pulmonary edema symptoms I've been having.

Northeastern Nova Scotia is enjoying another sunny day, but the temperature is going in the wrong direction and the high today is not predicgted to get about -5C / +23F. At least it isn't too windy at the moment.

Have a great day, gang . . .
Closed Thread