3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~March Golden Girls~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/165651-%7Emarch-golden-girls%7E.html)

meowee 03-31-2009 09:37 AM

Yes, LYNN, any vinegar . . . but, do remember that balsamic (and I love it) does also contain some carbs.

And another one for we diabetics (especially) who are very prone to topical yeast infections (again BOBBI, your comment on baking soda reminded me) . . .

Mix about 2 tbs white vinegar with about 1/4 cup warm water and a tsp of baking soda and use it as rinsing agent for those places (under the breasts and in other skin folds) prone to yeast infections. The vinegar tends to kill of the little fungus demons and the BS helps relieve the itching.

Karen3 03-31-2009 09:39 AM

Morning all.....The boys left before light to fish for the anchor they lost last week. Like they needed an excuse to go fishing! But looking at the weather report they'll be home before lunch. The old saying the difference between man and boy is the size of their toys.....

Just did my weekly WI and gained 2 lbs. Disappointed, but know it just fluid retention. Must spend the day sipping my water.

DD has 2 weeks until retirement. She calls every day so excited. The house now has a roof. Has picked out the siding and even the shutters color. The horses stalls and pasture are ready and the movers will be pulling out on the 15th. Have to figure out when we will go up there!!!

The hugh thunderstorm/cold front that blew thru here Sunday morning is coming back now as a hugh warm front and expecting hugh thunderstorms this afternoon. Hope we get more rain.

Lynn....when I read about vinegar and diabetes think it recommended natural vinegars.....like rice or cider....You all be careful with adding vinegar to fish and use it fairly quickly as the acid in the vinegar will start to cook the fish. My Gmil would use vinegar to take the slimminess off chciken, but sometimes it masked too old chicken(yuck).

Have eaten a good part of freezer bare and gonna defrost it Thursday. Gee, decided to do it before summer/heat/garage was too much. Do you think I am finally getting smart??? dahhhhhhh

Karen3

Karen3 03-31-2009 09:41 AM

hi Linda....see your lite yolk....karen3

retiredone 03-31-2009 11:18 AM

Hello ladies. I had a busy day yesterday and Sunday, filling out death benefit and pension applications and did a few thank you notes. In between all that I managed to squeeze in all the out-of-town addresses for DS's wedding invitations which will be going out in the mail this week.

I'm slowing getting back on plan but ate way too much last night just before bed. I should have eaten more during the day and I was ravenous last night and ate nacho chips and.....I'm getting old. I can't remember what else but I know it wasn't anything good and nutritious like a piece of fruit. Oh, just remembered. Raspberry almond tarts and a piece of chocolate pecan pie. Today, I've started out sensibly with a bowl of cheerios, slice bananas, skim milk and an orange at 258 calories. I may add a ff yogurt later on this morning if I feel hungry. And I'm definitely getting on my bike and work off a few of last nights binge calories. DH lost about 5 pounds over the last 2 weeks and I'll wager a bet that I gained them.

Mom has settled down a bit. More attention this week. I washed and set her hair yesterday and tomorrow I'm dragging her around the mall. My friend who sat with her during the funeral and family get-together will be coming and we'll treat her to a nice lunch.

Meowee, so sorry you're covered in snow again. I saw that on the weather and thought of you. We didn't get any but it's mighty cold out there. I got groceries last night and was shivering in my winter coat. I'm longing for warm weather. I'm just waiting to see the first robin of the season and then I'll know spring is definitely on the way. That should be any day now.

Seems as if everyone has the weight loss under control. Have a good day everyone.

retiredone 03-31-2009 01:57 PM

Just found this in my files. Don't think I've posted this before.

Prayer of the Tortured Dieter
by Victor Buono

Lord, my soul is ripped with riot,
Incited by my wicked diet.
"We are what we eat," said a wise old man.
Lord, if that's true, I'm a garbage can.
I want to rise on Judgment Day, that's plain,
But at my present weight I'll need a crane.
So grant me strength that I may not fall
Into the clutches of cholesterol.
May my flesh with carrot curls be sated,
That my soul may be polyunsaturated.
And show me the light that I may bear witness
To the President's Council on Physical Fitness.
And oleo margarine I'll never mutter
For the road to **** is spread with butter.
And cream is cursed, and cake is awful,
And Satan is hiding in every waffle.
Mephistopheles lurks in Provolone,
The devil is in each slice of bologna.
Beelzebub is a chocolate drop
And Lucifer is a lollipop.
Give me this day, my daily slice
But cut it thin and toast it twice.
I beg upon my dimpled knees,
Deliver me from Ju Jubees
And when my days of trial are done
And my war with malted milks is won
Let me stand with the saints in heaven
In a shining robe, size thirty-seven!
I can do it, Lord, if You'll show to me
The virtues of lettuce and celery
If You'll teach me the evil of mayonnaise
The sinfulness of Hollandaise
And pasta Milanese
And potatoes à la Lyonnaise,
And crisp fried chicken from the South.
Lord, if You love me, SHUT MY MOUTH!

meowee 03-31-2009 02:30 PM

That's cute . . . I still like the simple little saying I have on a little plaque on my wall . . .

"Dear Lord, if you can't make me skinny, at least make all of my friends fat."

susannp 04-01-2009 05:52 AM

Morning ladies,

Just stopped in to say hi, I didn't sleep well, so didn't get up as early as normal, so have to get started on my Walk and Kick. I'm down another pound, hope it wasn't April's Fool....lol.

Everyone have a great day, and beware of the PRANKSTERS!!!!

Susann

meowee 04-01-2009 07:57 AM

Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Hey BOBBI are you going to start an April thread??? If you are too busy, jsut let me know and I'll do it. :D

ladyinweighting 04-01-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowee (Post 2678790)
That's cute . . . I still like the simple little saying I have on a little plaque on my wall . . .

"Dear Lord, if you can't make me skinny, at least make all of my friends fat."

ROTFL

meowee 04-01-2009 09:58 AM

Okey Dokey . . . I'm closing this . . . see you later, gang. :wave: