Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #76  
Frenchy

S/C/G: 198/198/125

Height: 5'4

SAGGING SKIN

I don't mind sagging skin that I can hide in my clothes but my face is another question. I take alot of msm, does anyone know of a moisturizer that really works to pick it back up? Thx
Old 02-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #77  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jay - You will get through step class in its entirety one of these days! I understand how you feel about eating more, it has been hard for me to get used to. I hope you enjoyed your lunch!

Jada Feta is a wonderful find! It is so flavorful compared to a lot of other cheeses. The broccoli slaw is good in so many things. I even throw it in my homemade soups

Frenchy - I loved your post! I wish I did know of something to help with my saggy, baggy face! My biggest secret is smiling a lot. That seems to distract folk from the wrinkles and bags

I'm not a big believer in a lot of skincare products. I use an all-purpose moisturizer with sp15 on my entire body - including my face. With me, less is more.

Maybe someone else has some thoughts.

A good day here, busy though! And the weather was nasty - school was delayed again today. I did get in 45 minutes of Wii Fit - which included the 5 minute run

I bought the Tazo sampler pack of tea with 10 different kinds - I am finding some new favorites
A perfect compliment to blustery weather!

Enjoy your evening all!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

I'm really happy with Loreal Age Perfect night cream. If I want to look extra good, I use it during the day too. I use a cream with SPF in the day.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #79  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Hey frenchy2,

I wish I had some suggestions about the sagging skin. I use almost no skin products--my skin has always been good without them. I don't even use soap on my face, or any kind of cleanser--just plain warm water. But, lately I've been using a moisturizer that's made locally here in Fla. It's very nice, has no perfumes--reminds me of the old "cold cream" that my mom used to put on. However, I haven't noticed it helps with sagging. Some sagging after weight loss just IS... and it may get better, or not. Everyone has skin sag eventually, even those who are normal weight to begin with.

If it's really bothering you, there are some facelift methods that might help. Google Lifestyle Lift, for example. Of course, it's buyer beware... do lots of research first with any medical procedure like this...

Jada1, that Loreal product sounds interesting. I may check that out.

CountingDown, a 5 minute run???? I'm lucky to get in 1 minute! I need to catch up here!

See ya!

Jay
Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #80  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

My past couple of days have been very, very hectic . . . hopefully life has settkled down to normal (boring) again.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #81  

I was worn out from being busy yesterday, but I got my self outside to walk today. The weather was good. I thought about how much easier it's going to be to walk when I'm 80 pounds lighter.
I know you've all heard it before, but I just can't believe I let my weight get to this point.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #82  

Jada Oh, I so understand how you are feeling! But, the good news is that you have started this journey. AND - you are worth the time and effort it will take to banish those 80 lbs. forever! And - yes, I can honestly say that being 80 lbs lighter feels like you are floating when you walk. Keep at it, you WILL be there

Linda - sorry it has been hectic - you are in my thoughts!

Jay - LOL, me too - no soap, just water. I am not one for much make up either. Less is more at my age!

I had a good day today - good balance. I had lunch with a friend who was in need of some comfort. A less hectic day at work, an hour of exercise after, and now spending a few minutes catching up with 3FC.

I'm off to get some cleaning done while catching a few more chapters of a book

Have a great weekend all!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #83  

This morning I was down to 233 lbs. I was on the verge of tears. I've finally found a way of eating I enjoy and to be able to do it without having to go hungry.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #84  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jada1!

So glad that you are seeing progress! Now you stay with it, gal! Keep on keeping on... one day at a time!

meowee, tell us more about the kind of things you're up to!

This is a funny thing that happened yesterday at the gym. My trainer (the young ex-Marine) said I was going to do a timed test--on the rowing machine! HA! Bring it on!!! The test was to row 500 yards in 3 minutes. That means a pretty good clip, but I am the Rowing Queen! I made 500 yards in 2 minutes 40 seconds.

Today I'm running late--I still need to get to the gym. I had some tax clients come by who needed some extra attention. Nice people, though! But I'm a bit behind...

Where are all our regulars? That's the problem with an "active folks" thread, I guess...

Jay
Old 02-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

We've had a nice sunny and relatively mild (just below freezing) day. Did a little shopping and a little visiting today. Nothing exciting.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #86  

Jada
Keep it up - you are doing GREAT!

Jay
You ARE the rowing queen! Good for you! Bet he was impressed
Hope you get in your workout today. I'm taking a day off except for some Wii Sports later.

Linda - enjoy that sun - we are getting dumped on today - 8 inches so far

A busy day - still working on my declutter project - the bedroom today. Feels good to get more done. But, I'm tired.

Hope you are having a good weekend!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi! Everyone seems to be hard at work exercising. I had a couple poor food days, but I'm back on track today. Keeping ajournal is sure helping me see what I'm really eating.

Jada- I'm glad you like my quote. Some days I get really discouraged with weight not just falling off me, and you start to wonder if it will ever happen. Staying at it has to be the key. I know I'm not a weight loss sprinter, but I hope to be a long distance weight loser. We will make it to the finish line.

Laurie- I love listening to my MP3 player it's like you're in another world.

Meowee- I want to go somewhere south about now too. The cold and snow is getting old.

Jay-That bike ride is an incredible journey. I like to bike,but I'm not sure I could go anywhere near that far. Let us know how your friend does this year after losing all that weight.

I want to hear about Hawaii too!

Last edited by flowingair; 02-21-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 AM   #88  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Hi there everyone!! Oh it is late on Saturday night. I have had a good food day but the only exercise was house work.
No overtime this weekend. The OT dried up before the bills did. Isn't that always the way.
Well my exercise has been minimal. Not sure why. I go in the morning and lately there has just been too much to get done. Not a great excuse.
Jay I want pictures.....of the trainer.
Sounds like you are really doing great. Sometimes I think I am waiting for someone to change the rules and say "ok you don't have to exercise after all"
Hi to Jada and congrats on the weight loss. I hope this week sees a loss for me too.
Laurie you always amaze me at all the exercise that you get. I may just need some will power dust. A workout buddy would be wonderful.
I get such a laugh at the people at the gym. They never talk to each other. Has always been like that. Wonder why. You think it would be a great place to get some support but not at my gym. Maybe it is a competative thing.

I am off to bed but hope everone has a good Sunday. I have a zillion things to do and I think my exercise will be washing the car.
Cheers.....Jude
Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #89  

Good morning everybody,
hijude: I tried living in other places after I retired, but I moved back to Las Vegas because my family is here and because people are friendlier here. Most of the people in Vegas are from other places, so they are open to being friendly, and they know what's it's like to be the new person on the block. Even in the gym, I meet new friends and we go line dancing together or whatever. I never met any boyfriends in the gym.
flowingair: I can relate to being a long distance weight loser. I've been trying to lose weight since 1982. My weight just kept going up, instead of down.
Countingdown: My next big purchase will be a Wii. It sounds like a great way and a fun way to give your whole body a workout.
Meowee: I love shopping as a way to get my walking in. Most of the time I don't even buy anything. Just looking around. Sometimes I see other retired people sprinting around.
Jay: wonderful news about being the "rowing queen." It must have been a great feeling to test yourself and succeed.
As for me: Today was my official weigh-in. I lost six pounds!!! I already feel lighter on my feet, and I'll have to buy a belt for my jeans. I threw away all my belts and smaller clothes, because I gave up on ever losing weight.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #90  

Jada 6 LBS!!!!! That is terrific! I got rid of all my smaller clothes too. As I got older, I figured that "if I couldn't lose 10 years ago, I certainly can't do it after 50". Of course I was wrong

We do enjoy the Wii - and I'm hoping more games come out that use the remote or balance boardin ways that give you a good workout.

Jude - your post made me laugh! You summed up how I felt for years - really hoping that my dislike of exercise would coincide with some study somewhere, thus justifying my actions. But, I gotta tell ya - exercise really is important - I think it is even more important for us that are over 50. For me, it was evident that "move it or lose it" really was going to be true. I became less and less able to do things at my weight. And, while the weight was coming off slowly - exercise goals were filling in as motivators to keep going. I began to feel better, and be able to do more and enjoy my life more. While exercise will NEVER be at the top of the list when I think about what I want to do, I know that I might as well find things I can enjoy (or at least don't hate) because I really, really like being fit and healthy.

Keep at it - try new things. And - don't take an all or nothing attitude about it (I used to). Even 10 minutes of something is better than none at all. And - you might be surprised - once you have done 10 minutes, you might just continue to 15 or 20 or ???

Schedule it and do it - just like any other appointment. You WILL be glad you did

Lori - glad you are back on track You WILL be a long distance weight loser I love your avatar - makes me wish for spring even more!

Which brings me to my activities today - gotta go shovel another foot of snow While it is great exercise, and I get to listen to a book or music during the process, I"m less than thrilled to perform this particular exercise. But, I'm taking my own advice. Schedule it and just DO IT!

I'm going to roast veggies for dinner. We go grocery shopping every Sunday morning after church. And my favorite store always marks down their "older" fruits and veggies. Some good deals to be had - including halved and cleaned winter squashes.

Gotta go get my winter duds on - the snow is calling!

Have a GREAT Monday all!
Closed Thread