Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh brownies . . . . . . Happy Valentines Day to everybody . . .
Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #92  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #93  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Valentines to everyone, this is my one of my sisters birthday. Easy to remember and her name is Valie. It's also Karen31's birthday, happy birthday Karen31.
Welcome back Karen3!
Glyne...Too cute, and you're a big push-over.
Quote:
He loves brownies and is always calling up to ask if I want to bake brownies with him.
I purchased a book called '100 Helpful Household Hints' using white vinegar. Very interesting and I'll share some of the hints each day.
Today it's about cleaning out coffee/Tea makers.
  • Buildup in a coffeemaker's brewing system can affect coffee flavor. Get rid of buildup by running 1 brewing cycle of cold water and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Follow with a cycle of clean water. If you can still smell vinegar, run another cycle using fresh water only.
  • Boil water and 1/2 cup vinegar in a teakkettle for 10-15 minutes to help remove any mineral deposits inside the pot and spout. Rinse thoroughly.
  • Clean a teapot by boiling a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water for several minutes; let stand for 1 hour. Rinse with water.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Happy Valentines Day, Everyone,

Going to my DD & SIL this evening for dinner. Making a LARGE vegetable dish to take (along with lo-carb; lo-fat; lo-calorie dessert).

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! And Thankyou for the birthday wishes Bobbie.. Happy Birthday to your sister too!

Things are kind of cold here today. Sunny but cold. Don't have any big plans today. Just had some people stop and look at the house and they seemed real interested but I've stopped trying to figure out what people are thinking! Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Take care everyone--- Think I may just have to go make some brownies for me today!!! I'll give half to my neighbor.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #96  

Hi Everyone,

Karen, Happy Birthday!

Today is my DD's B-day. I'm taking her to an Italian restaurant for lunch - her choice. Before I go I am going online to find best choice at an Italian restaurant. I'll plan my meal & stick to my plan.

Lynn
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning....It was a wonderful tournament, but am glad to be home. Still exhausted. That much intense concentration just wipes me out. And this is the start of another busy cycle. I direct Friday....and play or have appointments every day for next 2 weeks ending with company for a week and the day after they leave direct again. Cooking and baking for company and the days I direct are already making me frazzled.

Our team mate Judy with the terrible medical problems was a real trouper and you could see how tired she got but she reached down and came up smiling everytime. We celebrated her life, but I will always remember how strong she was.....hey she probably weighs 90lbs with her shoes on and ate like a truck driver.....so had a little envy too! I will never forget this experience. Judy is also a retired nurse and we would get into the black nurse humor that our partners could not understand.

WI this am and didn't loss anything, but considering how out of whack my eating was all week it's okay. Need to drink gallons of water to detox me. I carry a water bottle and refill it during the day, but always come home with dry chapped lips....

Well busy day today. Have to grocery shop, doing laundry right now and at least run the vaccum and dust. No cleaning gal...sighhhhhhhhhhh...

hugs, Karen3

ps Happy Birthday Karen!

Last edited by Karen3; 02-15-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Everyone,

Karen, Happy Birthday!

Today is my DD's B-day. I'm taking her to an Italian restaurant for lunch - her choice. Before I go I am going online to find best choice at an Italian restaurant. I'll plan my meal & stick to my plan.

Lynn
The best laid plans.....

Expected to meet for lunch at noon. My DD & SIL got tied up at the B&B and we didn't get there until 2. Then, the Italian restaurant was closed & we ended up at a Chinese restaurant - starving! I ate a zillion calories & feel sick!

Lynn
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #99  
Bobbi

Happy Sunday afternoon all!
I'm on my way out the door with my 4 lbs. fried bacon and ebelskiver pan. Our Ebelskiver feed is late this afternoon, I'm going to 10 yrs. old GS's hockey game 1st. I forget who asked about them, it's a Danish pancake but round like a ball. You've probably seen the cast iron pans that have 1/2 round sections for the batter. You can eat them with butter and maple syrup but we grew up eating them the Danish way with butter and powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
Catch ya all tomorrow, have a good one.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #100  
Isabella

I ate way too much on Valentine's Day and it wasn't even chocolate! I got into a bag of bagel chips and demolished a great portion of the bag just munching down while I was watching tv.

I asked what the ebelskiver are. They sound good but I'm sure I've never seen a pan like that. The only thing Danish around here is thick canned Danish cream. And I'm not sure if that is really Danish or not but we love it here in Newfoundland. Actually, it would go well with the ebelskiver.

My FIL was taken to the university hospital by air ambulance today. He's very sick. I was at the hospital today before they took him and it was the first time I had a chance to visit. I don't know if he'll make it. But he's getting more advanced care in the larger hospital so maybe he'll pull through.

Catch you all tomorrow. Have a good night.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Happy Sunday afternoon all!
I'm on my way out the door with my 4 lbs. fried bacon and ebelskiver pan. Our Ebelskiver feed is late this afternoon, I'm going to 10 yrs. old GS's hockey game 1st. I forget who asked about them, it's a Danish pancake but round like a ball. You've probably seen the cast iron pans that have 1/2 round sections for the batter. You can eat them with butter and maple syrup but we grew up eating them the Danish way with butter and powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
Catch ya all tomorrow, have a good one.
Is it like a multi-part waffle?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #102  
Isabella

I googled ebelskiver and found a site that had a video showing how to make them.

williams-sonoma.com/products/c332/index.cfm

Just so glad I never had these before so I wouldn't have to give them up.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-16-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #103  

I am SO disgusted with myself. Up 3.6 lbs from Saturday morning! I just want to crawl under my covers and sulk.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #104  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Lynn...maybe the 3.6 lbs. is salt retention? I'm up 2 pounds this month too, I'm a 'all or nothing' kind of girl. I wish I could refrain myself and eat one piece rather than all I want. In answer to your question about ebelskivers, it basically tastes like pancakes. (flour, eggs, baking powder, salt, buttermilk and my SIL adds a dash of nutmeg)
Come March I'll be back to counting calories and I'll see if I can find a challenge to join. Challenges are the only thing that inspires me and I think the calories counting site has them.
Isabella...I should ask you, I think you belong to the calories counting site. Sorry to hear of FIL rush to the hospital, how old is he?
Last night I made orange fruit roll-up with the rind of a whole orange in them, I can't wait to taste them. I also made Raspberry and Grape, they are still drying out in my food dehydrator and taking a really long time to dry. It's been 13 hours and parts are still not done. I brough cherry roll-ups to our Ebelskiver feed yesterday and what a hit they were. I put Stevia in them for a sweetener so I could eat them too.
Karen3.....You did well Karen, congrats on no calories gain.
Quote:
WI this am and didn't loss anything, but considering how out of whack my eating was all week it's okay. Need to drink gallons of water to detox me. I carry a water bottle and refill it during the day, but always come home with dry chapped lips....
Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #105  
Isabella

Bobbi, the Calorie Counters have a challenge every 6 or 8 weeks. A new one just started for Easter. You can join any time you want during the challenge. Some people do weight and others do exercise or an article of clothing they'd like to fit into. It's up to you what you want the challenge to be. I am trying to lose 8 pounds (you can see that in my signature).

FIL is 78 years old. No change in his condition overnight but they've (doctors) made some changes to meds so they and we are expecting to see some positive changes by tomorrow.

I'm home alone with mom today. DH is at an all day inservice and DS is house/dog sitting for the next few days. I'm used to DH coming home in between bus runs and DS popping in and out during the day. You think I'd try and get some work done but I'm basically taking it easy today and just piddling around cooking dinner and doing a bit of laundry.

Well, I'll catch you later. Take care.
Closed Thread