Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Bobbie to answer your question: YES!!! My house is often in a messy state. Actually it's hardly ever not messy. Ha, ha. Take care and I'll catch you all later.
Hi Isabella,

My house must get straightened every other Wednesday - the day before my cleaning lady shows up!

Lynn
Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #77  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

No fair Lynn...you cheat having a cleaning lady!
[QUOTEMy house must get straightened every other Wednesday - the day before my cleaning lady shows up!
][/quote]
My Ex-SIL had a cleaning lady and she did the same thing, she cleaned before the cleaning lady got there, too funny!
I made a version of your Blueberry Cheesecake cups. I made Rhubarb/Cherry Jam last summer and I used that in the cheesecake recipe instead of blueberries. I see blueberries are on sale tomorrow and I'll need them for our ebelskiver feed we're having with my family on Sunday. Anyone ever make ebelskivers? My grandma always made them plain with no filling, just butter and powdered sugar. DH said we should try making some with blueberries in the center. I've made them with peach chunks rolled in cinnamon/sugar and cooked inside before and they are really delicious so blueberries should be good too.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-12-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #78  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Not too much exciting in my world. Seems to be raining right now and the schools are closed again because the weather- cannot decide which side of freezing the temperature is going to settle on.

You have to watch out for the scale-fairy sometimes. I think she likes to stir things up just to see what kind of reaction she can get. Don't take the blips and stalls too much to heart. Just keep doing your best.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post

You have to watch out for the scale-fairy sometimes. I think she likes to stir things up just to see what kind of reaction she can get. Don't take the blips and stalls too much to heart. Just keep doing your best.
Hi Linda,

This message is VERY timely for me. I bounced up a pound this morning - disheartening. My resolution is to ignore it and keep on keepin on.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #80  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Anyone ever make ebelskivers? My grandma always made them plain with no filling, just butter and powdered sugar. DH said we should try making some with blueberries in the center. I've made them with peach chunks rolled in cinnamon/sugar and cooked inside before and they are really delicious so blueberries should be good too.
What the heck are ebelskivers? Anything with peaches and/or blueberries, cinnamon and sugar should be shared with the world.

If I had a cleaning lady, I'd definitely have to clean. My husband had a feather duster in his hand yesterday and he looked at me and said, "If you get a chance why don't you dust your dresser." I replied as sweetly as I could, "It's my dresser. What's it to you if I keep it dusty. Do I tell you when to dust your dresser?" I really should dust that dresser before it's ready for seeding this spring.

I've been busy since my feet hit the floor this morning. This time I was baking and cooking. Made 2 huge lasagnas for potluck this weekend, soup, biscuits, and vegetarian "meat"balls/burgers to last for at least a week or two. Now I have to make a dessert for the potluck. It will be something decadent as it won't be in the house. Something with chocolate and strawberries and cake and cream.

Now I'm watching Martha Stewart put glitter on roses. Talk about gilding the lily! She sprayed a diluted glue on the petals and then sprinkled glitter all over the rose. Or you can "paint" or put drops of glue on the petals and dip the flower in the giltter. DH bought me a few carnations for Valentine's Day but he didn't bother to glitter them.

It's been good foodwise today. Had some of the soup with ravioli floating around in the bowl and a couple of biscuits. I didn't have breakfast as I got totally absorbed in what I was doing this morning and didn't eat until lunch. Most days I can't wait to eat and was no different this morning when I got up but then I kinda got distracted by what I was doing. That doesn't happen too often. Anyway, I've got lots of calories left for the rest of the day.

Catch you all later.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I didn't have breakfast as I got totally absorbed in what I was doing this morning and didn't eat until lunch. Most days I can't wait to eat and was no different this morning when I got up but then I kinda got distracted by what I was doing. That doesn't happen too often. Anyway, I've got lots of calories left for the rest of the day.
Catch you all later.

Isabella,

Was it the dusting or the glittering that kept you from breakfast?

Lynn
Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #82  
Isabella

Neither dusting nor glittering but bakin' and a cookin'.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 297/214/175

Height: 5'7"

Default May I join you?

Hi
I am new to this site. You sound like my kind of gals. I celebrated the 31st anniversary of my 30th birthday a couple of months ago. It doesn't seem possible. I used to think 61 was old. Now I know it isn't. I also have a pair of pants I want to get into. I think about 5 lbs and one inch will do it. I started a strength training and cardio program a short while ago and today my biceps are screaming at me. I am becoming a fan of sports cream. At least it doesn't have that tell-tale Ben-Gay smell. My goal for February is to lose those five pounds. Doesn't sound like much but I struggle and work for each pound. My goal for the next several months is to get stronger so I can walk further and tackle tougher trails. This way I can enjoy my vacation to the Galapagos Islands in April.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #84  
Isabella

Hi Soontobe. Welcome to the Golden Girls and 3FC. I'm sure you can get in shape for your vacation in April. I had to read your first line over a few times before I figured out what you were talking about.
Quote:
I celebrated the 31st anniversary of my 30th birthday a couple of months ago.
Ha, ha. You'll fit in here for sure.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobelessofme View Post
Hi
I am new to this site. You sound like my kind of gals. I celebrated the 31st anniversary of my 30th birthday a couple of months ago. It doesn't seem possible. I used to think 61 was old. Now I know it isn't. I also have a pair of pants I want to get into. I think about 5 lbs and one inch will do it. I started a strength training and cardio program a short while ago and today my biceps are screaming at me. I am becoming a fan of sports cream. At least it doesn't have that tell-tale Ben-Gay smell. My goal for February is to lose those five pounds. Doesn't sound like much but I struggle and work for each pound. My goal for the next several months is to get stronger so I can walk further and tackle tougher trails. This way I can enjoy my vacation to the Galapagos Islands in April.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
Hi Soon,

WELCOME!!!!

Lynn
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #86  

Good Morning, Everyone,

I'm visiting a former neighbor who is now in a nursing home. Bringing her cookies. My resolution is to NOT eat any of the cookies.

This afternoon, I'm making a Valentine's dessert for my DD & SIL - low cal/low-carb/low-fat. I'll post the recipe later today.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Lynn
Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #87  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Friday the 13th!
'Maxine' says, "It's Friday the 13th! Time to make bad luck for as many people as I can". I'm sure glad none of the Golden Girls have that attitude. I read the bio of the gentleman that makes the Maxine cartoons and he actually has a mom and aunt or grandmother and great aunt (I can't remember which one) that is very funny and cracks the same jokes as what he prints. He gets many of his inspirations from them. Some of the jokes remind me of Estelle on the golden girls sit-com.
We're off to town today for errands, groceries and DH is going to wash my car. Lots of salt lodged under it, they were talking about all the salt on the roads this morning and how it runs into our lakes and pollutes the water. I wish they could find an alternative to salt.
You all have a safe day! Welcome lessof me.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #88  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Okay . . . whoever sent me this really rotten weather can take it back again, any old time.

And a great big welcoming for our newest member . . . I'm getting pretty close to thirty-thirty-six myself.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #89  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Had a couple pretty good nights at work ~ now off the weekend. Yippee!!

Wanted to get something for the grandkids for valentine's day. Since Sara said she didn't want Maddie to have candy for a few years (wonder how she's gonna pull that one off) I got her a cute little soft pink stuffed doggy. Maddie found and got into some M&M's one day. She spilled them and was racing trying to scoop them up faster than mommy could scoop them up.

I got Corbin a big Reese's peanut butter heart, then was afraid to give it to him because of all the trouble with peanut butter recently. I was a good girl and returned it to the store instead of falling into my old habits (keep it and eat it myself ) I remembered that I had a heart shaped pan ~ I will bake him a big brownie ~ bake it and get it out of the house quick. He loves brownies and is always calling up to ask if I want to bake brownies with him.

Corbin has sent me a couple cute text messages ~ brought a smile to me ~ just when I really needed one.

\_(**)_/
| | hi

and

\_(0.0) hi

I can't get it to come out quite the same on here.

Ok, I'd better quit fooling around and get to bed.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 02-13-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just got home and am exhausted. We won a bunch of matches and got our team mate his Life master. Traffic was awful and took almost 4 hours in a 2 hour trip..............night....Karen3
Closed Thread