Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #91  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep, black eyed peas here.

When we were kids, there was a dime hidden in the peas. Lucky was the kid who got the dime. (That was in the days that a dime would buy a comic book.)
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #92  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

No black eyed peas and cabbage here I'm afraid! Not sure what we will have tomorrow - but I did a lovely baked pasta dish for tonight. DS2 is off to a friend's house a couple hours away and won't be back until Friday.

We are just gonna hang around the house and play with the wii (that thing is addictive!) and ring in the new year together. I might through a vegetable tray together if we get munchy.

Hope you all have a

I count you all among my blessings! This has been a good year and each of you has helped me along my journey. I am so thankful for all of you

Old 01-01-2009, 06:43 AM   #93  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year!

May you have the best of what you want!

Well, it's time to change all the calendars, close out the books, and so on. I'm just about caught up on things... lagging the new year just a teeny bit!

Welcome to any newcomers and cheers to all the regulars!

Today will be a quiet day--it's the day off from the gym for me.

Jay
Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #94  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope your new year started well

We called the California kids at midnight. DIL's birthday is today.

We did as expected, a wii marathon last night until after midnight. Even with playing some "quieter" games, we are both feeling the effects of 3+ hours of activity.

I was struggling with feeling guilty about abandoning my my morning routine, 30 minutes of yoga, pilates, strength, etc. that I have done faithfully since I began this journey.

The wii and wii fit are not a perfect replacement. However, I KNOW that change is good for me. Mixing it up and doing new and different things to stay active is really what will keep me engaged and successful.

It is just that nagging little voice in the back of my brain that said that I SHOULD have to feel like it is a sacrifice - getting up early and working out SHOULD be part of my regimine.

Jay, I appreciated your comments on another thread about enjoying the journey. It is something I keep constantly in front of me - and ultimately keeps me successful.

I sometimes need to remind myself that success isn't about deprivation, or sacrifice, or pain, or any of those things. This journey can and SHOULD be fun.

So, I'm off to use the wii fit and play some games, do some yoga and strength and balance exercises.

I plan to spend a chunk of the day on my de-clutter campaign. The kitchen is next on the list

This will be a struggle. Do I keep all those beloved "gadgets" or streamline? Do I dare part with the Pampered Chef gingerbread house mold? Or will I actually make one again another year (maybe when grandkids are in the picture)?

Such a balancing act this de-cluttering process!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #95  

Hello, I am new here. I love the intro for your group. I would like to stay positive with this journey with your encouragement and support, and hopefully I can help out in the same way too. I need to lose around thirty pounds. I have lost weight in the past and unfortunately put most of it back on. I would like to make this a life change, not just about the weight, but being healthy, mind, body, and soul.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #96  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

JLoubug,

You a ROCKER?? Glad to see you! I like your signature!

As you see, we like to discuss all kinds of things--music, outings, nature, work, hobbies, and of course our strategies for getting slimmer and healthy!

Hope to see you often!

Jay
Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #97  

Yes, I do like my music, and I love to dance! I went to a Fleetwood Mac concert back in the day. One of the best. The last concert I went to was a couple years ago, but it was Aero Smith and Lenny Kravits. Again, one of the best! It's kept me going. Way worth it!

I have been planning my stategy for the last couple weeks, and officially starting it today. I have made a few resolutions, mainly staying healthy and organized. I have had the last week off, and a few days before that, as I work at an elementary school which has had 3 calamity/snow days already. I have gone through the whole house... closets, basement, kitchen, everything! Get rid of the clutter, free the mind!

Anybody else make any resolutions?

Thanks for the welcome!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

Default Resolutions

JLoubug I made three resolutions; one of course was about getting fit & healthy and I started a few days ago to get a head start on the school year starting again. The other two are different and new...one is to "[U]Find[U] adventure...last summer I sort of fell into a cool summer job and this year I plan to go out seeking something interesting or adventurous. The third has to do with spending more time at music events (classical and all kinds!) and finding some spectacular clothes (that fit!) to wear to these events. We'll see, I guess.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #99  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Nature Girl!

Hey Bill, yeah, the yoga thing! Something I'd like to get back into. I'd have to have a chair nearby that I could hold onto while doing some of the moves, just until I got used to the balancing act. It doesn't take too long to wake up those reflexes again.

Freda, are you hangin' in there?

Pat, glad to hear you are getting back on track! Yesterday was my day off from the gym--but I had to stop by there to see if I left my dark glasses there the day before--and as long as I was there I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Well why not! Today is my regular gym day, which means 30 minutes cardio and 20 minutes weights.

Laurie, I'm going to start a new thread-- and I'll comment on your last post over there.

So, everyone come on over!

Jay
Closed Thread