Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #151  

Happy new year everyone..still cold -27..glad i dont have to go anywhere..brrrr..lets hope 2009 is a great year rosey
Old 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Rosy, I'm curious about how warm your house is and how much it costs to keep it warm? My house is up to 60° now because the temps outside have risen to slightly above freezing, but during the cold spell before Christmas, it dropped to 40° inside at times, and never got above 50°. I am picturing homes in Alaska being much better built and insulated than this little cabin. Do you mostly use wood stoves, or electric, or gas?

Last edited by recidivist; 12-31-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Thanks for the compliments on my new picture.. gee you all know how to make someone feel good! We went out to have a Mexican dinner tonight for our 15th Wedding anniversary and now we are sitting in front of the fire watching Dick Clarks New Year's Eve and waiting for the midnight hour to toast in the New Year and celebrate our Anniversary. We bought a bottle of champagne to drink at midnight---- geez-- I hope we are still awake!!! They shoot fireworks off of Pikes Peak at midnight and it is really neat to watch so I usually stay awake for that.

You all have a HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #154  

Hi we live in a log house and heat with gas..our house is big and open 2 1/2 storys with vaulted ceilings ,lots of windows and hard to heat in below zero weather,,it was 56 in here this am..its dark from 10 am to 4 pm now..im used to it and wear extra clothes and turn the oven on if im to cold ..hope that answers your questions..i luv it here tho and its is beautiful..we are really old fuddy duddys celebrating new yrs with hot chocolate and a movie.. rosey ps meowee has server issues, another poster in the diebetic section told us so shes ok as far as i know,
Closed Thread