S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!

COUNTING (SCOOTER) DOWN

I PROMISE TO TELL NO ONE!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

We have already voted, so it's all over as far as changing my mind or anything like that goes. I think that the candidates feel that California is a done deal, too. We really haven't had many calls nor many ads on tv. In all my voting years, no one I voted for has ever won.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:15 AM   #123  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

CD? Is it really your b'day?

EZ, that's some scary headless turkey carcass avatar you've got there.

Things aren't quieting down as far as the political ads and phone calls here, of course. I'm reeeeeeallly tired of both sides at this point...

gailr42, never has a candidate you voted for won? Wow. Plenty of times the one I've voted for hasn't won, but I can't say never. But tell us more about your Italy trip!

Jude, you hang in there. When you say you're staying away from sugar, what carbohydrates do you allow?

I hope the excess pounds leave soon.

Have a good Halloween! We do nothing for it here--no kids come around in our community, and so there's no candy in the house. I'm really glad for that.

Enjoy!
Jay
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM   #124  

Height: 5'1"

Happy birthday Laurie. May this be the healthiest, fittest year ever!

You never voted for a candidate that was elected? They should pay you not to vote for them. Have you been thinking of changing jobs lately? You might want to look into this.

Is everyone glad that Halloween is almost over? We get so much candy at work and then you have to buy enought for the kids that come by. I do usually buy the things I don't like and that helps.

Happy halloween all
Old 10-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I know. I have thought about not voting for that very reason. By the way, I am talking about presidential candidates. I can't remember about anything else. I guess you can tell that I don't always vote the "party line", because we have had presidents of both types.

Italy looks a lot like California. The difference is the really old buildings. Somehow, that makes it special. We try to copy old Spanish and Italian buildings, but they just aren't the same as the real thing.

We ate lots of bread and cheese since it is so good and inexpensive. Especially bread. A slim loaf about as long as my arm was less than one euro. We also went to a couple of restaurants that served multi-course meals. Each course is quite small, so you end up eating a reasonable amount. One of my favorites was some kind of bean soup. It was very subtly flavored. I don't know if I could duplicate it or not. Gnocchi (sp) potato dumplings were to die for. They had to be a high calorie item, being bathed in a lovely cheese sauce.

The Italians seem very friendly and hospitable. When we returned to visit the coffee shop or bread shop, the people recognized us and were pleased to see us again.

We rode public transportation to some things. The street cars look like they were built sometime in the 50s, but they function really well.

We went on the Auto Strata to Tuscany. The AutoStrata is expensive - you have to pay a hefty toll for each segment. You can go on alternative roads, but they are very, very crowded. Pretty much bumper to bumper to get any place.

I know Italy has a reputation for insane drivers, but it is really hard to observe this because it seems like the traffic is so bad, you never move.

http://www.poggiosalvi.net/ENG/home.html

This is one of the places we stayed in Tuscany. We had the two apartments on the upper level. Just like you always dreamed it would be!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #126  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Happy Spooky Day . . .
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #127  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Well we are sooo busy here at work tonight. Very anxiety causing. I am still doing so/so with the sugar withdrawal. It will be better when Halloween is over. They decided to buy some huge cakes here for the staff today. And there was coffee and hot chocolate. No wonder everyone who works here gains 50 pounds.
I am really grumpy. Not sure if that is the withdrawal or my lack of success. A little of both. Some success as the sugar has been cut to a minimum. It is interesting to me.
I am following the food plan from FAA and you can find it under www.kaysheppard.com It is very healthy and has absolutely no sugar in it. Lots of carbs but very complex. I realize that my body is just withdrawing from my normal food regardless of the sugar. There is a starch at every meal but it is very balanced with the protein so no sugar highs there.
I hate the mood I am in. But I will push onward.
Got an email from my daughter yesterday. Does not matter what she says it is a trigger. Well if she said sorry or miss you or love you or even how are you, it would be nice. That would not be a trigger. Just a bunch of stuff about her truck and repairs and blah blah blah. Immediately turned into the persecutor. But tried really hard to keep it to myself.

I guess it is the dance that I do not want to do right now. I emailed her back today and told her what I was trying to do and that I was grumpy etc not a good time to talk to me etc. So that should be the end of that. God forbid I might hope for a "right on mom"
Expectations. when will I learn to have none. Again looking for water where the well is dry.
So though I have not been 100% I am going in the right direction. One of the ladies said not to weigh. That is another thing that is very hard to not do.
Maybe I need to get 100% with this. Can not go around in this mood for long.
Have been reading the literature and will continue. Need to find a sponser. Think I will find one on line for now.
I do have a couple of names. So need to get onto that. I feel so darn busy. Not sure what that is about. Getting better is exhausting. I guess it is the inner fight over the change.
Hope you all are well. Have a great weekend. I will pop in tomorrow and try and be more cheerful....Jude
Old 10-31-2008, 10:57 PM   #128  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!
Yes - I'm a Halloween baby. I bet you can imagine all the "delightful" phrases I have heard over the years. Particularly when you are a shy, chunky little kid - it got ugly a few times.

Now, I'm just over it. And - with age comes wisdom and selfishness - because we actually took the candy to the neigbors and went out for dinner. I have always devoted the evening to the kids - but this year - I did what I wanted to do

Jude - hang in there, the mood will pass and you will feel better. Stick with your plan, it WILL help in the long run. And - I have found - that being on plan does help me handle the other stuff better. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Gail - your trip sounds absolutely amazing! Italy has always been on my "list" of places I would like to visit. I might just need to move it up the list!!!! Thanks for sharing - it sounds divine!

Freda - yes, definitely glad Halloween is almost over. I bought suckers for the kids - something I can definitely pass up. And they make miniature Tootsie Roll suckers now, so even if I give in, they are 18 calories apiece. I can't do too much damage
Old 11-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #129  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!

I'm about to ask meowee to close this thread and start a new one--I guess the OP no longer can close a thread.

So come on over! But I did want to say to gailr42--WOW! What a beautiful place! I have always thought that if I went to Europe, Tuscany would be the place! I loved the pictures of the place where you stayed.

See y'all on the next thread!

Jay
Closed Thread