Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, It's raining here, steady even rain, like it will last all day. i have a computer class for work later, i'm so not looking forward to that. It's for work and they say we're going "live" in November. Right now we have about 2 computers on the floor that will work. Doesn't look good.

Laurie, Sorry to hear about your FIL. I can relate to your missing exercise and eating right. I can go a few days and i really don't feel as good.

Jay, I hope your Rat problem has been taken care of.

Jude, You gave up coffee and smoking and now sugar? if you did that you can do anything!

Flo, Hope things slow down at work soon.

Linda, Looks like we got some of your weather here. You want it back?

Make it a good day, freda
Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

No I do not want it back . . . this morning is looking a little brighter around here and we are being promised a high of 12/13 (mid 50's) for today.

Other than that . . . SSDD . . .
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #33  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey everybody! CD, so good to see you posting... That Southern food, yow! I know what you mean...

Hey flowingair, the Pied Piper had realized that he had to raise his rates. I guess it had to do with maintenance on his flute...

I've heard no rats--and the smell under the house seems to be going away. I have to talk more, though, about the holes underneath. I know these guys don't want to go under there, but I'm paying them for that.

Well on the topic of rain--the last two days it's been nice in the mornings, and then the sky opens up all of a sudden in the afternoon! As in, you could paddle a boat down the street. Some sort of front hanging over us.

Now meowee, I want you to take advantage of that brightness outside! I hope you get some

I'm going back on plan today... wish me luck... I've been unable to stay under control lately with food. Could it be... oh I don't know, stress???

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-08-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #34  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Oh I hear you on the stress. Funny how it seems to excalate the less sugar I eat!
I have just been on the phone with the internet supplier as every time I turn around the connection is lost. Grrr. They are now after 6 months of complaining sending me a new modum.
Today I am going to really try and let go of the food and my control. I will just eat my three meals and a snack and stay out of the candy.
It would be nice to just move ahead one day and have one victory. This has been my theme all my life with food. Never get in a good day and so one day follows the next of bad days. I am trying to cope with a daughter who has decided to cut herself out of my life so she can continue to practice her own addiction. I miss her something awful. Not helping with the food problem at all. Now I know the solution is not in her but for me to figure out for me. But it makes it so hard.
So I will committ everyday to looking after myself and let God handle the rest. I certainly have done my all whether it be good or bad. So I could use some suggestions on how to release what I don't need and get on with what I do. Seems to be a minute to minute affair today. Why does something like this make me feel like I should eat eat eat when all I want to do is feel better in one area at least.
Now I do not mean this to be a rant about my daughter at all. I could just use some ideas on how to turn off that part of my brain and work on MY solution for me. She will have to find her own solution some day. But I just feel like there is an anchor on my back and I can not get free to be me.
It rhymes......
Old 10-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #35  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Jude... I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. It's really hard to deal with addicts/alcoholics who want to keep on practicing. Do you have your own program? CODA, Al-Anon, something? I hope so... they are only a phone call away.

The closer you come to following your plan, the more successful you can count yourself as being. Notice that I didn't say being perfect! Just come close to it. "Progress, not perfection."

I'm off to run some errands and go to the gym, but I'll be checking in later...

Jay
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #36  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - it is good to be back!

I love the "progress, not perfection" quote. It is so very, very true. I'm back OP today - even did a cardio routine after work (which I haven't done since spring. Now that I'm not walking to work at all (dark and cold in the mornings, and I need my car most days), I NEED to get back in the workout groove.

Jude - I find that it is really very hard to turn off that part of the brain, but we must continue to try. Otherwise, it eats us up inside and that stress makes it almost impossible to stay on plan and lose weight. I have found that exercise helps me a lot. It helps me relieve stress, it makes me feel better, it helps me stay OP, and I can even get out some pent-up frustration in a physically acceptable way. Yoga is great because I don't breath well when I am stressed - particularly if it is family related stress.

Linda - glad the weather is better. How is the color there? I noticed our trees are really turning this week. It is absolutely glorious around here!!!

Jay - glad the rat situation is improving - keep them at it until you are sure the little beasties are gone - you ARE paying them a considerable amount and should expect them to do a thorough job!

Freda - we got that rain too. It sure feels like winter is just around the corner

Flowing - I love your avatar! It is so peaceful. And - your tenacity on this journey will serve you well. Keep at it - I know you can do this! It is hard to keep a balance when you are so busy at work. Planning ahead helps me when my schedule gets super crazy. If I don't plan, it often isn't pretty.

I cleaned my closet tonight. With the weather changing, and the economy what it is, I figured it was time to put away summer stuff, get out the warm woolies and donate the things that no longer fit. I filled 3 bags

And, somehow, I seem to have gotten carried away buying black skirts that were on sale. Over the last 6 months, I squirreled away 5 black skirts - none are alike (different fabrics, styles, and lengths) - but still ...
what a clothes horse I have become

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-08-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #37  
Day at a Time

Thanks everyone. I do like that progress not perfection. I am working too hard at being perfect and beating myself up. Have had a pretty good day aside for a few jelly beans. I will be glad when Halloween is over. Other than that my food has been OP as well. Did not make it to the gym this morning though I had time. Will go in the morning. Had a hard time sleeping last night.
Long weekend coming up as here in Canada this Monday is Thanksgiving. I also have the week off so plan to get in some gym time and a massage.
Woo Hooo..!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

A massage! Why, I'd rather have a massage than any dessert you can name! Good for you!

See y'all tomorrow--I'm all tired out.

Jay
Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #39  
Day at a Time

Default Massage anyone?

Yes and his name is Andrew. He is about 30 and gives a deep muscle massage. I can hardly wait. He is just a sweetie and yes he is a registered massage therapist. When I meet such nice young men I have to praise the mom that raised them.

It is cold here and need socks for my feet. I did finish off my food for the day. Afraid those jelly beans at work snuck back on the plan. They should be all gone by tomorrow. I have to ask myself why would I cheat on jelly beans??
Strange choice. But I am not going to beat myself up. I am on the third day and my food has been OP and just a few extras slipped in.
Tomorrow if I am up early enough I will get to the gym in the morning.
I have been to Alanon and OA and AA(with the ex) and NA and Naranon. I find alanon and OA help the most. More geared to my problems. It is a long journey. I hoped when the kids got into their 20's that we would just be a happy family. It is hard to watch this but another day and it could all change. I can remember thinking years ago that as soon as I lost weight I would leave my husband. He was a drunk. I never did lose the weight except for the 175lbs of space he took up.

So I do not want to keep putting my life on hold till I lose weight. I guess my daughter will just have to catch up when she is ready. I just want to be well myself. No point both of us not being well.

So I am off to bed..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jude
Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #40  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey folks!

Another day of lots of work for me... I'm hoping I can sneak a nap in here for a few minutes and clear my head.

Jude, sounds like you've been through a lot. "Got sponsor?" (I got sober 22 years ago last month, so I'm familiar with program stuff.) Yes, you've got to do it for you!

CD, you bet I'm going to make sure that those rats are gone... and things dealt with properly. I've paid for a lot of service and I plan to get it.

I don't even own a skirt. Can you believe it? The last time I wore a skirtlike thing, it was a maid's uniform in a play.

meowee, are you out there?

I've been doing better with eating lately. I have a few pounds that need to get gone again...

Next week we're off to Massachusetts. There might be a few leaves left--I hope so! The only thing I liked about where we lived was the autumn leaves.

See ya!
Jay
Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #41  

Hi all!
Jude - I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself!!! Andrew sounds wonderful! A massage is something I have never had. All my friends rave about them, so I'm thinking that I might rectify that absence in my life soon.

Jay - I hope there are leaves in MA for you too. I just love the fall colors. They canceled our color train this year Normally it runs on the weekends and travels about 100 miles round trip. It is usually a fun family event. And without the train, they canceled the Chestnut Festival as well.
LOL - I finally own pants. I wore skirts and dresses exclusively (with the exception of one pair of jeans) for years. It has only been in the last year that I started buying pants again. I'm still having a hard time. Petites are a touch too short, and average are way too long. I really hate hemming, and have 4 pair waiting for me. Now if I liked heels, it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but heels and I just don't get along very well.

Day 2 of doing both my morning and evening exercise routines. I am feeling the lack of cardio lately. It is definitely time to step up my activity level again!

DH and I are trying to plan our packing for the CA trip next weekend (to see DS1 and his wife). We are going to attempt a 9 day trip with only carry-on luggage. WHY we are doing this, I'm still not completely sure. (maybe it is rebelling against the airlines now charging for checked bags) But, I'm trying to evaluate my wardrobe so that each item I pack can be used in multiple settings. The kids don't have laundry facilities and "borrow" their neighbors machines, thus doing a quick load is not an option. The biggest challenge will be fitting in our hiking poles, but I won't leave them behind.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijude View Post
I could just use some ideas on how to turn off that part of my brain and work on MY solution for me. She will have to find her own solution some day. But I just feel like there is an anchor on my back and I can not get free to be me.
I hear you Jude! Our love for our children certainly causes us stress. Trust in God. He will get you through this. Hang in there. I hope things work out for you and your daughter. Everyday is a new beginning.

Jay- I'm sure glad the rats are gone. Sorry about the Pied Piper's fee.

Hi to everyone, I've been doing testing all week. It's certainly a change of pace from my regular teaching.

I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend to enjoy the fall colors. Summer is leaving. I may take my kayak out for one last ride before I put it away for the winter. Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Yesterday turned into one of those days where very little seems to go the way you hoped . . . . . . about the only thing that wasn't a disaster was my eating -- how's that for a change?

Today will be better, I'm sure . . .
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon all, Busy, busy....too much to do, not enough time. isn't the the story of our lives?

Jude, Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your daughter. I hope that resolves soon. But, as the others have suggested, only she can change her life. For you to punish your body by not taking care of it won't make things better. i admire you for deciding not to put life on hold. Life is too short and fragile to wait. Make the most of each day.

Laurie, A girl can't have too many black skirts! Might be a good staple to take with you on your trip. With lots of colorful tops, makes for easy packing. I can't figure out how you're going to get those hiking poles on though.

Jay, Hope some of the brilliant color is still there for your trip next week.

Flo, Have a good time at the cabin this weekend. I hope it's nice enough to take the kayak out.

My wonderful plans are to work this weekend.

Hope the rest of you have a good one, Freda
Old 10-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #45  

Hi all! Happy Friday!
Freda - sorry you have to work this weekend - it looks to be a beautiful one! And - we found that we can take the poles apart (they telescope) and they do fit in our 19" carry-on.

Flowing - enjoy your trip to the cottage - I hope you get the kayak in the water - I think this will be our last hurrah for summer-like weather!

We had a fire in the firepit tonight - it was a beautiful night to be out - the stars were gorgeous and the air was crisp and "fall". Ahhhh.....

Linda - sorry for your troubles - glad your eating was under control!!!

Jay - hope your day slowed down today! And that you found time to exercise!

Good day here - good balance. I did a cardio balance ball routine (new) this morning because I knew I wouldn't have time for an afternoon workout. Work was intense, but we had a nice evening outside

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread