Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Great day today although it is overcast right now, the sun is supposed to come out and the temperature is supposed to hit 15C/60F. Good day for the lengthy trip to the Periodontist. Since we don't have one locally, this always turns into an almost all-day trip.

Have a good one, gang.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #62  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Dull day here and a bit chilly. The wind is blowing so it feels colder than it is.

I think I'm going to get a pair of boxing gloves and a bag. I've been watching the Biggest Loser and they get a good workout with the bag. Can't you just see me dancing around the bag like a world champion.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #63  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Isabella, you will have to take a picture! I can just see you with those shiney shorts and a little tee, all sweaty and dancing around! Go for it!

It is rainy and dreary here, too. My cute little short hair cut is a frizzy mop in this rain! I forgot about that fact when I got my hair cut!

We had a food faire at school today. We get a nutrition grant to augment our school lunch program and part of the deal is that we do nutrition education school-wide. So, I sampled carrot juice, zuchinni chips, organic apples, fruit and veggie kbobs, whole grain blueberry muffins, pumpkin custard and banana smoothie. It's a good thing it was just a bite of each! It is always lots of fun and the little kids get to come over to the high school and vise versa, so it is a yearly, big social event at the school. I have organized it every year, so I did two big events back to back in the last couple of weeks. I was so tired at the grocery store tonight I was dropping things, and not in my cart. But, I have a four day holiday this weekend, so yeah! I'll get rested up!

So, Meowee, how far away is the peridontist? I live fairly rurally, too. I love it here, it so beautiful and peaceful and you can't beat the traffic (none!) but, the long drives to get anywhere get tiresome sometimes. I don't mind driving though as I can listen to a couple of good radio stations that I can't get at my house. So, I drive and rock out.

Well, I have some pumpkin curry bubbling on the stove, gotta go check it!
Good night!

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #64  
Isabella

Ha, ha Sheri, I never thought of the workout gear. I'll have to get my name on the back of the tee.
QUEEN ISABELLA
WORLD CHAMPION.

I actually found 2 pair of boxing gloves in the basement and one pair fits me. So I'm going to start by punching a cushion my husband will hold. He doesn't know this yet.

I've got most of my exercise done early this morning because I've got a vegetarian cooking demo to do tonight and I don't want to run out of time before I leave. I also have to travel at least 30 minutes to get to major shopping centers, etc. Fortunately, we do have 2 grocery stores and a drug store in town so the basics are covered. No clothing stores, though. So tonight before I go to the seminar I'm going to look for a new bra. I don't know how successful my quest will be because I'm always in a rush on Thursday evenings.

Must go get on my bike and get the last 5k in before lunch.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #65  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

SHERI . . . The periodontist is an hour on the highway in each direction and then, of course, one must stop and look around a few other places in that town before getting on the road home. My friend goes with me for the shopping and we always manage to eat two meals out.

ISABELLA . . . any volunteers for the other pair of gloves? Anybody in mind to be a sparring partner? Sounds like a whole new career could be opening up for you.

Another long day today -- ended up taking two cats to the vet -- everybody is fine. Between the vet and the regular Thursday shopping this ended up being another day of eating out.

I tried to make decent choices and based on the blood sugar readings things are okay in that department, but I really don't know how many calories I consumed. Hopefully I'll be OP tomorrow (and able to actually prove it to myself).
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #66  
Sherianne

Hi!
It is the end of the quarter and I am off to the Oregon house to hole up and grade papers non-stop for four days! And check in on that dang beaver! It is supposed to rain this weekend all weekend so I guess I will lay in some fire wood, get cosy and rest and relax!

I'll "see" you in five days!

Sheri
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #67  
Isabella

Have a great weekend Sheri (except for the grading, UGH).

It's dull and overcast with a bit of rain coming down. I'm so tired I'd like to go back to bed. I'll get it all together soon though.

Meowee, I'm married. I always have a sparring partner.

Last edited by retiredone; 11-07-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #68  
Onward and Downward

Rain, rain, go away -- please -- hey, guess I'd better not complain too loudly . . . at least it's mild.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #69  
Onward and Downward

Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hi girlsI missed getting here last week, just so much going on.
Our Halloween was just gorgious, in the upper 70's. We have a Munchkin
Masquerade downtown for an hour where all the merchants have candy for the kids,we had over 300 in our clinic, but then we don't get many at home in the evening. I helped to judge a costume contest at one of our local stores, that was lots of fun.
Election is over,FINALLY!!! now maybe life will move on.
I'm skipping exercise class tonight as I kind of sprained my neck muscles last week and my boss, the physical therapist, told me I had better set out this week and let those "old" muscles relax. My words not his. I am enjoying it just wish there were some gals my age instead of all these young ones, but they need it too, most are overweight so now is the time for them to get it off and not wait till they get to be my age.
Isabella congrats on losing over 5 pounds in October that is great news, keep up the good work
Sheri you are doing great in the weight loss too. Have a great few days in Oregon
Meowee hang in there, you will knock that plateau yet.I bet that rain is getting old
We have some snow on the ground and it is drizziling freezing rain so had better run, hate slick roads. Have a wonderful week everyone, hope to get back here maybe on Thursday. I have to admit I just scanned your posts as I just don't get enough time in here and really read everything.
Till next trip, Donna
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #71  
Isabella

Hi Donna, good to hear from you. Hope your neck relaxes and the muscles heal. Good thing your boss is a physical therapist-you saved a trip and a medical bill.

You're going to have to ask Santa for your own laptop for Christmas so you can stay connected to the world. I'd be lost without my laptop or any computer for that fact.

Hope to see you again on Thursday.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #72  
Onward and Downward

Happy Tuesday . . .
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #73  
Sherianne

I am just popping in to say a word of THANKS to all those veterans in our history who gave their lives in wars. And, to say hi girls! I had a wonderful time, even if it was grading...

Sheri
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning one and all . . . . . . getting colder and colder around here -- but still no snow, yet.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #75  
Onward and Downward

We did see a little bit of 'slightly thick and somewhat white' rain yesterday. Not much though and it didn't stick -- today is sunny and the temperatures are on the rise. Weekend is supposed to be really weird -- lots of rain but a high on Sunday of 20C/68F.