Old 10-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #31  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

We have sun for our Federal Election Day . . . don't forget to get out there and vote, Isabella.

See you later.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM   #32  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I got mom all dressed up and we all went and voted just before supper. DH and DS got mom in the voting station and between the 3 of us and the people at the station mom cast her vote. She never misses an election. We had a nice day for it, too. I fell asleep before all the results were in but it was obvious who the winners and losers would be by that time.

Today we're going shopping so that means 3 or 4 hours of wheelchair pushing and numerous bathroom stops. Gone to exercise before we get on the road.

Have a good on plan day everyone.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #33  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .
Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Where is everybody hiding??????
Old 10-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #35  
Onward and Downward

Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #36  
Isabella

Hi all. I had a good weekend with DS and DIL. We left on Thursday afternoon and came back on Sunday. I got in some exercise while I was there and managed to stay on plan except for Friday, which was the day they both graduated from university with an MA and BA. We ate out with several of DS's colleagues who also graduated with MAs. When I weighed in this morning I had lost 1.5 pounds for last week so I was pleased.

I got out for a walk this morning and what a beautiful day-cold and crisp but sunny and clear. Tomorrow's forecast is for rain so I'll be doing everything inside tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #37  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Isabella, Meowee and Donna,
I am back. I went to a four-day union conference. I am a union officer for my local, so I occasionally go to longer meetings and conferences. It was great; I learned a lot (I am thinking about being on the negotiations team for my school) and I met lots of nice people. There are a lot of really important issues right now and the CTA is very politically active, so it was a great time to talk and give support. The food, of course was fabulous and I gained a little, but I am hoping that if I push lots of water I will be fine.

How is everyone? Is it getting b-r-r-r cold!? We have had a couple of good freezes and my garden is all done. I did plant a bunch of winter starts, but I might have been too late as they really don't seem to be growing. Well, I am exhausted and will come back and write more tomorrow.

Oh, got my long hair all cut off. I had hair about down to my waist and got tired of yanking a brush through it in the morning. I have a cute little curly "do" that is so much easier to take care of, and my friends say it makes me look "perkier". I think it is more professional. Good night, ladies!

Sheri
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 AM   #38  
Onward and Downward

Cold here too -- and pretty dull and dreary and extremely windy as well. At least no snow in the immediate forecast. Apparently in 1974, Halifax got over 39 cm (more than 15 inches) of the white stuff on October 21 -- hopefully that will not be repeated this year.

Guess we have to be natural enemies on general principles, SHERRI, ( just kidding). I spent an awful lot of time in union negotiations over the years of my career -- but on the Company team side of the table -- Hey, it's a lot of fun and a lot of frustration no matter what side you are on; go for it, Chickie.

BTW, weight is moving in the wrong direction and blood sugar levels are heading in the right direction -- guess I've got some tweaking to do.

Have a great day everybody . . . hope the weather is good to you.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning gals, gosh I miss you guys!!! Getting to the library is just a pain. Guess I am going to have to try to figure out a way of putting the internet in my budget so I can have it at home.
Sheri: All of us in Nebraska are wonderful people . I live in the west central part of the state. Our town has about 3200 people and we are a farming community. Our nearest town of any size is 40 miles west or 60 miles east.We have lived here for 26 years, before that we lived way up on the South Dakota border in the western part of the state and we both graduated from high school way out on the western edge of the state close to the Wyoming border.Don't really think I'd want to live anywhere else. And yes I do miss my kids. All of my siblings live far away too so it does sometimes feel quite isolated.Thank goodness for internet and telephones.

Meowee and Isabella: Your Thanksgiving sounds soooo good. I love this time of the year, looking forward to our Thanksgiving.Dh and I still make the traditional dinner even if there are only the 2 of us.

Our weather here is starting to deteriorate(sp)today. It is raining right now and they are promising us high winds and about 6-10 inches of snow starting sometime tomorrow. We haven't even had a hard freeze yet. Our trees are the prettiest they have been in years.Usually we get a hard freeze and the leaves turn brown not the pretty colors of fall.
Ok now for the weight. Last Monday,after our weekend with the kids, I weighed in at 144. This Monday I weighed in at 142. I am starting an exercise class tonight,it only meets once a week, but maybe that will kick start my exercise activity again. Wish me luck. Hope I can get out of bed in the morning. Better run, I'm sorry I haven't been here oftener. Have a great week everyone.DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #40  
Isabella

Dull, dreary, windy and rainy here. So damp in the house we have on the wood furnace. I made a big pot of vegetable bean soup for supper to warm our innards.

Good to hear from everyone. Meowee, is very faithful to check in every day.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #42  
Sherianne

Hi!
This is me about 15 pounds ago(my avitar picture) from during the summer. I now have a short curly bob and less of a double chin and belly.

Meowee-I am a little afraid of negotiations. I have a bit of a temper, and that worries me, but the same people have been negotiating for a while and I forsee the day when they no longer want to do it. We need to have someone who is trained at negotiations. They are a sensitive issue, especially when wages and benefits are involved!

Donna-hope your exercise class went well! A little change of the normal routine often shakes things up! And, congratulations on that two pounds! You are not too far from goal! It was nice to hear from you again.

Isabella-since you are a vegetarian, do you make up vegetable stock and freeze it for your soups? Your bean soup sounds good. What kind of beans do you use? My mom used to make a white bean and vegetable soup that I have never been able to duplicate. It was very hearty and creamy. Sometimes I make a vegetarian minestrone with garbanzo beans that is very good. With some garlic bread...yum!

Well, to fess up, I gained one pound at my conference and I have been trying to shake it all week. I am going back on Atkins induction this weekend for a week to see if I can kick start this weight loss again. And I plan to exercise a bunch. Maybe I will go get that new exercise bike I have been talking about. I broached the subject with my husband and he hemmed and hawed about it, but it beats a heart attack any day. There is heart disease all over my family, so I've got to shed this weight. One pound did not even make my clothes tighter, but I can feel it in the puffiness in my tummy, so I am thinking it is all the different foods and salt and that with a little exercise and lots of water it will go away!

I was up at 3:30 writing tests and I am pooped...I am going to bed early. Have a great week ladies!

Sheri
Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

Hi there gang . . .

Looks like this morning is the last of the sunshine we get to see for the better part of a week -- at least we are supposed to be staying above the 10C/50F mark for our highs during the same period -- so the "fluffy white stuff" should be staying away.

I'm off to run a few more errands today and then hoping to settle in for a relatively quiet weekend.

Have a good one everybody . . .
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #44  
Isabella

Hi all. I'm tired today. I did a vegetarian cooking demo last night and by the time we cleaned up and got home it was after 10:30 and then of course I was to wound up to sleep just getting home. And my knees hurt. Must be all that jogging or it could be the heels I was wearing last night. At any rate I think I have to take a pill of some sort, ha, ha.

I wore a "new" dress last night which had been hanging in my closet over 4 years and never worn. I did a little strip tease act with my old clothes. Many of the people attending this seminar had attended one our church did in the spring and I had worn the same skirt and blouse there every week for eight weeks so everyone could track my weight loss. Well, needless to say the same skirt and blouse are way too big for me now. So last night I took the skirt and blouse with me and put them on over the new dress. When I got up to do my demo I had a few words to say about my weight loss and asked if anyone remembered the skirt and blouse I was wearing. Several people answered that they looked pretty big on me now. I started unbuttoning the blouse, telling everyone not to worry. I pulled the blouse off and pulled the skirt off without undoing the button or zipper, stepping out in my new outfit. Got lots of laughs and applause. This seminar is about healthy living and preventive lifestyles.

Sheri, I love your new avatar. Now I can put a face to the name. About the soup. I seldom make a vegetable stock. I use a great bouillon made by McCormicks which is vegetarian. It comes in vegetable, chicken and beef flavors. It's really tasty. Of course, my soups are filled with vegetables and onions so I guess I make the stock as the soup is cooking. My bean soups vary with whatever I have in the cupboard but I do make a white bean soup and a lentil soup that I follow the recipe a little more closely. Neither of them are creamy, though as I like the beans to stay as whole as possible.

I almost got a new exercise bicycle this week. Canadian Tire had them on sale at 40% off plus a $20 discount for card holders. It's exactly the one my son has and the one I wanted for Christmas. It was only $79 after the discounts (plus tax, of course). But being such a bargain there were none left at the store and there were no rain checks given on this offer. DS#1 was going to see if he could get one at the store near him but I haven't heard anything back from him. He phoned last night but it was too late to phone back when I got home. I'll bet he's going to tell me they were all sold out too.

Got a busy day ahead. DS has to pack for a 4 week training session for a new job he has. He's flying into Halifax on Sunday and starts classes on Monday. We're going to miss him, especially mom. He reads to her and plays his tin whistle for her nearly every day.

Last edited by retiredone; 10-24-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #45  
Sherianne

Hi Ladies,
I am sorry I haven't checked in more. I am spread so thin right now, if I spread anymore, I'll be transparent! But, I am trying really hard to keep up my weight loss. In the past, when things got really hectic, it went out the window! I have had to reorder my priorities!

Isabella, are you named after a family member? It is such a pretty name, and one you do not often hear here in the states. Also, did you get your exercise bike? I finally found one I want, but not for that great price! I hope you were able to grab one. I am getting a recumbent bike because the regular ones cause my back pain to flare up. It is the sitting position and I have never found one that didn't make my back hurt. I hope to use it all through the rainy season, rather than walking, so it has to be something that won't cause me pain. I injured my back years ago and although it is pretty strong, I have to take care of it. Congratulations on getting into that dress from the back reaches of the closet! Doesn't if feel great? It just thrills me to put something great on that I haven't worn in a long time. One thing about exercising as you lose weight...things fit better. Pants that I had from a few years back were always snug around the waist, but with all the exercise my waist is trimmer with this weight loss. My friend laughs at me...she knows I do tummy tucks every time I go to the bathroom. Hey, it works! And with all the water I am drinking, I am doing 100 tucks per day!

I loved your story about stepping out of the old clothes. It is like a butterfly emerging from the chrysalis!

Hi Donna and Meowee...come back and talk! This thread is getting lonely!

Sheri