Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Before I started on South Beach I had been searching for a bra that fit. Finally found the perfect one. Bought 6 and then started my diet. Well 5 sizes later and 1 cup smaller they sure don't fit and have spent another 6 months trying more bras. Found a new perfect bra. The first underwire I have ever worn. I hope that is an omen that am gonna loss a whole bunch of weight again...soon.
Hi Karen,

Your post reminded me of my bra story. After I had lost 30 pounds, I was still wearning my 42 D bras. Everything was pretty droopy. I went shopping with my sister - she LOVES to shop (size 4!) - and while she was roaming around the mall, I went into a lingerie store & got fitted. Turned out I was now a 36 C. The new bra had things really looking up! Wore it out of the store & went to find my sister. Walked up behind my sister,tapped her on the shoulder & said "Look at my B--bs" Wasn't my sister - just someone who looked like her & who looked at me like I was CRAZY

Lynn

PS - my avatar photo was taken the day I got my new bra - can you see the perkiness?

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 10-17-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #92  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning Ladies Happy FRIDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Walked up behind my sister,tapped her on the shoulder & said "Look at my B--bs" Wasn't my sister - just someone who looked like her & who looked at me like I was CRAZY

PS - my avatar photo was taken the day I got my new bra - can you see the perkiness?

OMG Lynn, that is just too funny. I'm going to be chuckling about that one all day! The least that lady could have done was politely comment on the perky girls

Not much time this morning - trying to get everything set up for the warehouse move and keep business as usual going on at the same time. This week seems like it's lasted about a month. So looking forward to the weekend. Thinking I'm going to take Sunday off completely and just putter around the house.

Have a glorious day
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #93  

Good Morning all, It's been a hectic week but it's no excuse for my eating like a "demented dieter" (stealing Isabella phrase) Seems like i've been hungrier than usual all month. And the pounds have started to creap up again. So i've resolved to be more consistant with the calories. I CANNOT undo all the good work. Got to remember how long it took me to lose the weight and how much better i feel with it off.

Lynn, ROTFL, that is so funny! I bet that lady had a field day telling everyone she knew about the "crazy lady" in the mall! And I agree with YoYo, the least she could have done was tell you how great you looked. I'm so sorry to hear about all the problem your family is going through right now. Prayers being sent.

Karen, I hope buying the bras is a good omen and if you have to buy a size smaller soon, great!! Good excuse to go shopping!

Linda, Sorry to hear that you have to go back on insulin. but we gotta do what we gotta do to stay well.

make it a good day, freda
Old 10-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Back is definitely improving and the fact that it is going to be a nice sunny day is surely helping. I really need to go out and vote in the Municipal Polls today and also to pick up a few little things -- but I am debating the wisdom of doing that because it probably wouldn't take much to lay me out flat again.

Other than that -- weight is still stuck at ticker number but BGL is doing wonderfully well.

Hope everybody has a great Saturday planned . . . see you all later.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....I see your lite eggs! We went out to dinner again last night. Couldn't finish my dinner. Need more vegies and have dreams of fresh salad. Have to go to the vegie stand today for sure. Actually think I get loads of vegies and do a vegie dinner......boy from still stuffed to planning next meal. No wonder I struggle with my weight.

Have to go to the big pet store today and get Dash some treats. Doesn't make sense to pay shipping on such heavy items. Everything in regular store has soy in it. Some one on 3Chicks had recipe for dried sweet potato chips but can't remember who or where.....beside would need dehydrator.

YoYo did you get the new position?

Linda what is your BS now?

Lynn we need an up date on nephew....

Have a nice weekend you all.....hugs, karen3
Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Update on family issues - My nephew's scar looks pretty bad right now, but we're hoping it will fade with time. Surgeon says we have to wait and see about permanent damage. So far, looks like part of his lip is frozen.

Other 2 major family problems - my sister fell and had a BIG blood clot in her arm. She had a heart attack some years ago & takes coumadin. She had to go off the coumadin for 4 weeks before they could operate. She had the surgery last week & seems to be doing fine. Last, but not least, my Little Sister is pregnant and due to deliver in November. She's 15 years old.

The past month has been the "month from ****" around here.

I make the sweet potato chips by peeling & slicing REALLY thin - toss with some olive oil - salt to taste - bake in a REALLY hot oven.

Lynn
Old 10-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #97  
Onward and Downward

OMG -- LYNN -- hope life soon picks up and turns nice for you and yours, Chickie -- you have all had enough of the nasty stuff, for sure.

KAREN -- BGL the past five mornings (the first two are before going back on insulin and the final three are after my return to 'shooting-up' ) -- 11.3 (203); 11.5 (207); 6.2 (112); 5.9 (106); and, this morning, 5.7 (103). And than's with only 12 units of Intermediate-acting Insulin at bedtime. Afraid I can't remember if you mentioned whether your husband is on insulin or not so that last bit of information may not mean much to you if he isn't.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello all....OMG When I grow up I wanna be a dog. Got Sir Dash his month of treats. Got bison pearled barley and blue berry snacks, Got curried sweet potato snacks, Got chedar cheese and bacon snacks and vegies snacks that just happen to be shaped like a dog bone. The bison and blue berry ones look good enough to try.

I was surfing around and they were talking about pumpkin bread on one of the pages. Couldn't find the recipe so created my own. Used ww pancake flour, pumpkin, splenda, ff milk, raisens and pumpkin pie spices. Oh and tad of canola oil. It came out wonderful. Worked it out on fitday to about 100 cal per slice. Now have to enforce the one slice rule!!

Linda...Everyone in Dh's family were/are diabetic. He is still on pills, but it is a battle to keep him level. After years of giving patients insulin and knowing the side effects I am working my butt off to keep him off of it. But there reaches a time when BS needs the help. You certain have gotten a good result. He just switched oral meds and is running fairly decent BS.....except for this week of dining out!

Lynn...The wound sounds so nasty. But young people get so much better and quicker than we do. The face especially has so much blood flow that wounds heal well there. Considering what could have happen.....phew! You must feel like screaming "NEXT!" Hang in there ole gal it will get better. If you look back on these pages you will find out how much we missed and worried about you. Kinda cyber hugs.

Gotta go start dinner. A small hamburger with cooked carrots on the side. Have to check out the calories on those Bison/blueberry snacks. If I start barking just toss me a bone. Hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 10-18-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #99  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Weather is supposed to be a mixed bag today, but so far it is sunny. Back is only just at the left over 'niggly' level today. I decided to stick close to home again yesterday but I really must go out for a few staples or I'll be in danger of a no coffee morning tomorrow.

See you all later.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #100  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm back! I'm pretty tired and sleepy right now but I read the new posts.

I didn't eat too badly most days I was away. It was the restaurant food that really piled up the calories. We ate at Boston Pizza and I ordered the whole wheat linguine with a sun dried tomato and red pepper sauce (and olive oil). I had half an order and it came in at 550 calories but I also ate the cheese bread which was over 300 calories and the 2 pieces of Greek pizza (from an 8-inch pizza) were over 250 calories. Then I had 2 cookies after my son's graduation at the reception following. My stomach felt kind of sick after that. I think my total calories for that day were over 1800. That was Friday. Thursday when I left, Saturday and today were good for calories. I also got in some exercise. Yesterday I went for a nice long walk along the highway and walked through parts of 3 towns and I also got in a 5k ride on my son's stationary bike. We had a great weekend, though.

Now I want to move closer to my son and DIL. They both graduated on Friday with a BA (DIL) and MA (DS) and they're having my first grandchild in March...sigh...and I'm 400k away. I told my husband I was going to start praying that he lose his job so we'll have to move. I'm not really going to do that. DS says he likes where we live and we can stay we we are. How did I raise that child??? Gotta go as I'm just about ready to fall asleep on the keyboard. Was up before 5 am this morning to pick mom up at my sister's place.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #101  
Lifetime Loser

Just dropped in to say Hello to everyone. We just returned from a beautiful 2 week trip to Tenn., Williamsburg VA, Jamestown, etc. then Washington, DC.
Beautiful fall leaves on the trip back home to Ohio.

I hope I didn't gain, we ate at some wonderful resturants but we also did soooo much walking. Oh, we did a Moonlight tour of DC and it was so beautiful at night....it's a must do if you ever go.

We tried to "straighten out Washington" while we were there too!!! lol

Life has been very busy since our move from Fl to OH, glad to see some "old timers" still here.

Phyllis
Old 10-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #102  

Height: 5' 8"

Big Hello

Well thank goodness you are such a strong lady Lynn I know it must be dreadful but you know what they say about "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Dunno if I got the job or not yet - they are mulling over the various candidates - but (drum roll please) I am typing this post on what I did get - My new laptop!!!!! :-D I remember Karen3's issues with things disappearing - I figured that part out - you have to disable the little "touchmouse" pad or else the slightest breeze from the palm of your hand makes it think it's a "click" and it goes all whacko. Having other minor issues like - I bought Microsoft Office - think I loaded it 'cause I entered my product code and all that happy stuff but cant find where to launch a new documet BUT, as long as I can find FitDay and 3FC, I'll figure out the rest later

Hope you all had a glorious weekend and I'll see you tomorrow
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #103  

Good Morning, It was a nice, restful weekend here. Didn't do much except go watch DGS play football. The weather was perfect football weather. Cool, sunny. Not so many people showing up now. The first couple of weeks you could hardly find an empty space in the bleachers. I guess the thrill of watching 8-9 year olds play football is gone.

Linda, So many family problems at one time! I hope your nephew is improving. Young people heal so much faster. And plastic surgery has made so many advances. Prayers for all of you.

Karen, I just got a catalog of doggie stuff. What they don't make for dogs these days!!

Phyllis, So good to hear that you are doing well and having fun!

Isabella, I'm glad to hear that you had a good time on your trip.

YoYo, Well, if you and karen are having problems with the new laptops, I guess that means i would never be able to operate one!! Fingers crossed that they decide you ae the best candidate for the job and they just really need YOU!!

make it a good day, Freda
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

FREDA . . . think you have me mixed up with LYNN at the moment . . . I only wish I was as slim as she is.

Speaking of getting slim -- hate, hate, hate the wonderful things that shooting insulin does to rev up your appetite Yesterday was not an OP kind of day by any stretch of the imagination. Luckily every day gives us a fresh new start. At least the sugar levels are doing well -- a nice 5.3/96 this morning -- but at this rate I'm not expecting to see any downward movement of the ticker this month.

Weather is looking overcast today and there's wet snow in the long-term forecast for Wednesday. Not expected to stick around though. Who really knows, things can be so changeable especially at this time of year.

Still getting twinges from the silly backache, but all in all, it is almost normal again. Hope that continues . . .

Just cleaned out a few more unused entries from the Accountability Thread so looks like we have a rather low enrollment for October -- I can't really tell, since I still see all of them; even the ones I've deleted -- how many do you count, BOBBI??? -- just curious to know.

Have a great day, gang and I'll see you later.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #105  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

A quick good morning to ya all!
I had a lot to gab aboutthis morning but it'll have to wait. MIL has been driving us to the looney bin the last 3days/night. She's so confused, keeps packing up her apartment and needs to move back home. (She has no home anymore, that was sold) She is living back 40+ years ago and talking to people that have died 40 years ago. I have to go in this am and unpack everything and try to get through to her again. I personally think she's had another stroke. Catch ya all later or tomorrow.
Meow...I signed into accountability and see in order:
Meowee
Isabella
Karen3
Maryea
Me
Eileen last posted on the 11th, 9 days ago
Lynn
Newest member: Jaydee
Closed Thread