Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #46  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default News from Lynn

I was cleaning out old e-mails and came across an e-mail address for Lynn ~ so, I tried it just on the off chance that she might find it. She wrote back ~ here's what she said:

How are you doing? My family has had a couple of REALLY bad weeks.

My sister and I are going to New York City tomorrow & when we leave there on Monday, I'm going to follow her to her home bc she needs to go into the hospital to get a blood clot removed.

When I get back, I'll drop by Golden Girls.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Morning girls,
Glynne...what a terrible burden for you as a child, glad you had that little talk with your dad.
Quote:
When he came by where she was, he would run over her toes. End of dream. But I had it over and over again as a child.
YoYo, have to commiserate rate with you on this one, I've had that dream about plugged toilets too and I hate having to use the facilities in my dream with everyone watching me. (I'm very modest in real life)
Quote:
and, if there is a bathroom, the toilet is plugged up and overflowing (eewww) or else it's in the middle of everything and has no door.

Isabella...Speaking of apples, I'm always looking for recipes using up all our apples. I found this one this morning, sounds simple and maybe will try it this afternoon. Uses a crock pot!
Quote:
I ate apple pie tonight for supper. I made it for Thanksgiving (Oct. 13 in Canada) and had a little bit of pastry left over so I made a small one in a meat pie pan. The only redeeming qualities in the pie was the apple and the whole wheat flour in the crust.
Did you already celebrate your Thanksgiving? If not, Happy Thanksgiving. I know why we celebrate Thanksgiving but what's the story about your island's Thanksgiving?

I'm going into town this morning for groceries, better get moving.
Happy day all!
Crock Pot Apple Dessert

Ingredients
6 large Gala apples
1 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Minute Tapioca OR 3 tablespoons butterscotch SF/FF pudding powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Mix sliced apples with Splenda, cinnamon,salt and tapioca or pudding powder until evenly coated. Put mixture in crockpot. Pour lemon juice & vanilla over apples and THEN add boiling water. Cook on high for 2-3 hours. YUMMMOOO

Number of Servings: 6

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-09-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #48  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Gayle, you get the Super Sleuth Award for the month-tracking Lynn down. Thanks for letting all of know.

Bobbi, that recipe sounds delicious. Thanksgiving is October 13 in Canada but I was making the pie in advance because we have so much going on this weekend. DS and DIL are coming home, we have a church potluck and I have a baby shower to go to tonight. I was just getting a few things done ahead of time. But, I definitely didn't eat my Thanksgiving pie ahead of time. That was just a sneak preview of things to come.

Here's a link to a good explanation of Canadian Thanksgiving http://www.twilightbridge.com/hobbie...giving/canada/.

I got in a good workout today. Lots of sweat running and salt on the skin afterwards. I've been faithful exercising every day this week so I hope it shows on the scales this Saturday.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I was cleaning out old e-mails and came across an e-mail address for Lynn ~ so, I tried it just on the off chance that she might find it. She wrote back ~ here's what she said:

How are you doing? My family has had a couple of REALLY bad weeks.

My sister and I are going to New York City tomorrow & when we leave there on Monday, I'm going to follow her to her home bc she needs to go into the hospital to get a blood clot removed.

When I get back, I'll drop by Golden Girls.

Take care,

Lynn
Thanks so much for updating us Glynne! Sounds like she's having a lot of stress though. Hope she does get a chance to swing through for at least an e-

My interview ended up getting rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon - have to wait another day to see if that suit has the desired effect I'll try to remember to take a picture of it when I get home.

Have a wonderful day ladies
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

So glad to hear some news about Lynne . . . . . . it will be good to see her again so hope she doesn't get busy and forget about us again.

About the only thing that didn't turn into a disaster yesterday was my eating -- --Hopefully today will be better.

Have a good Friday, everybody . . .
Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #51  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Isabella... Thanks for the history lesson on Newfoundlands Thanksgiving. I love history and it's so interesting to hear about holidays around the world. Do you have any special entree like we do in the states? (Turkey & cranberries)
Meowee...What time do you get up anyway? I was so happen to see my pimpy barbell exercises pay off and wanted to post my new weight loss early. (You had already been there)
YoYo... Good luck today.
Quote:
My interview ended up getting rescheduled for tomorrow afternoon - have to wait another day to see if that suit has the desired effect I'll try to remember to take a picture of it when I get home
I didn't get the crockpot pudding made yesterday, I just now put it together. It was really simple, (I used the instant tapioca)I'll let you know the results. We have our annual Fall Harvest PotLuck dinner at church this Sunday, anyone have an outstanding dish to pass? So many people bring salads and desserts because it's easier to transport so I thought I'd bring something hot since I live so close to the church. So any good idea's of a hot dish? We don't eat hotdishes so I don't have any spectacular recipes that are tried and true.
Have a good one

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-10-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #52  
Bobbi

The crock pot apple pudding is "Out of this World" tasty butttttttttttttttt............It's soupy. It has to cool off before it thickens and I'll post back after it cools. I'm thinking the water need to be reduced but we'll see. I just wanted to warn everyone, don't make until you hear back from me.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #53  
Bobbi

O.K. It's not pudding, it's Apple Dessert and it did thicken up nicely after cooled using the instant Tapioca. I wouldn't use the instant butterscotch pudding, all the instant puddings get soupy after a day or two so use the Tapioca. I ended up with 5 servings (4oz each) @ 60 calories. This would be good served over some angel food cake or pancakes or just on it's own.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #54  
Isabella

Bobbi, here's a particularly tasty macaroni casserole that we often have at our church potlucks. One of the ladies always makes it and it's always well received. I'm sure you can substitute homemade sauce for the store bought.

Easy Macaroni Pizza
2 cups uncooked macaroni
½ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 cups Kraft Super Stretchy Pizzeria Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
1 cup Catelli Garden Select Tomato and Basil Chunky Pasta Sauce
Pizza Topping of you choice (mushrooms, onions, peppers, pineapple, sliced meats, etc.)

Cook macaroni 6 minutes or until tender. Combine milk, egg, 1 cup cheese and cooked macaroni; mix well. Spread mixture evenly into lightly greased 10 inch round baking dish. (Or use a rectangular dish.) Spoon pasta sauce evenly over macaroni. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with toppings. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serves 6-8.
And here's a great potato casserole. No good for anyone on a diet but really good.

Potato Casserole

8 cups cooked potatoes, chunked
½ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped onion
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups sour cream
2 cups crushed corn flake crumbs
¼ cup butter or margarine

Combine first 7 ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Mix crushed corn flakes and melted butter. Cover the casserole with the buttered crumbs and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Of course, there's always baked beans or chili. They go over good at a potluck.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #55  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Our long weeked is looking pretty good -- relatively mild temperatures (mid 60s) and lots of sunshine in the forecast.

Don't forget to post those great sounding recipes up in the Recipe Sticky ladies, we wouldn't want to see them get lost.

I usually get up about 6 to 6:30 am and today I only beat the alarm by a couple of minutes so maybe my internal clock has reset to where I want it -- mayabe not, think I'll wait about a week before I try to fly solo.

BTW . . . BOBBI . . . don't forget I'm running on Atlantic Time which is an hour ahead of anything in the eastern US. If you take a look in the coloured bar just above my post you will see the time I posted this in your time . It's just before 10 am here.

Nothing too exciting in my plans -- got to do a little shopping run for ingredients to make a pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow's Thangsgiving Dinner. It will be made with relatively light ingredients, but I imagine I'll manage to overeat tomorrow anyway -- I'm not a big turkey fan but I definitely the stuffing and the gravy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend shaping up -- be it a long one or not -- have a terrific Saturday and I'll see you all later. . .
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #56  
Isabella

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my fellow Canadians and Happy Columbus Day weekend to all my American friends.

My DS and DIL are here for the weekend so there'll be a bountiful amount of food around the house this weekend. But I didn't buy any chips or junk. I can make the most wholesome food fattening without buying it that way to begin with. We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow instead of on Thanksgiving Day (Monday) because the children have to travel back to their home on Monday.

For dinner we are having stuffed vegetarian chicken burgers,roast chicken for mom, dressing, mashed or baked potatoes, turnip, carrots, cabbage, sweet potato, parsnips, gravy, cranberry sauce, possibly a green bean casserole, apple, pumpkin, blueberry/rhubarb and lemon meringue pies, ice cream and cookies. So that should take care of any junk food cravings. Ha, ha. I'll concentrate on the vegetables and only have a taste of the desserts. Now that everyone is hungry I'm going to invite you all for dinner. So if you're in the neighborhood please drop by. Dinner will be served at 1:00 pm and general snacking and picking on leftovers will continue until bedtime.

Many Canadians have turkey for Thanksgiving but we are a vegetarian family so I'm doing a stuffed "chicken" burger instead. It's really tasty and everyone who has tasted them always come back for seconds (even the non-vegetarians).

I weighed in this morning and lost 1 pound for the week and, and, and, (I'm so excited I can't get it out.) I'm out of the 150s!!!! Yeah!!!! I'm now 149 pounds. I don't know how many years ago I weighed this much-must be close to 30 years. What a perfect weekend...sigh of happiness...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #57  
Bobbi

Congrats Isabella on the 140's, feels good huh!
Meowee, I see you're down too. You both have a nice Thanksgiving.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

good evening all....I'm back and trip was wonderful. I'll write more tomorrow. Came home to find the refrig circuit breaker had gotten thrown and the entire refrig and freezer were hot green soup. 10 trash bags and no garbage pick up until Thurs and dumps are closed Monday because of holiday. It was like hauling dead body parts out.............eeeech......Remember this Florida so without the a/c running the house was probably 90! Double yuck. karen3
Old 10-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Wow KAREN . . . glad you had a good trip and sorry you came home to such a problem . . .

Just a quick from me -- busy, busy day and, naturally, I'm already running behind on my self-imposed schedule.

See you later . . .
Old 10-13-2008, 09:13 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....home sweet home.....Well sweet now anyway! What a mess to come home to.

We had a fabulous trip and got lots of hugs. Somethings never change. DD and I went shopping a couple of times and as soon as she is in the car she starts talking about everything that has been bothering her for the past year. She is having the pre retirement jitters and the unknown is scaring her. Told her that we had used 2 whole legal pads for planning our retirement and nothing that we guessimated was on the list. I swear my kids even got the "Talk" when we were driving somewhere.

The property they have bought is in the rolling hills of NC and winters sure will be easier. It's still about 200 miles too far, but at least just a long day trip away from us.

They had a BBQ/pig roast for us Wednesday night and so many old friends came and bunch of new ones too. My arms are tired from all the hugs. Wow! Did I just say that....I'd do it all over again just for the hugs. We lived our 1st year at Camp Juene there in NC and DD was actually born on the base. So she is a real Tarheel.

I didn't get too far off South Beach.....actually yesterday morning was the worse. Had nothing for breakfast that was beachy and ended up with canned hash. Back on the beach and feel ready to take on working my way down the scale.....

So glad you have heard from Lynn. Now I have all the more reason to add her to my nightly prayer.

Looked over 3Chicks and can't believe that everyone is starting to have winter...UGH! later phone...hugs, karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 10-13-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Closed Thread