Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #1  

Default Very New to this....

Hello All,
I have much to learn about Core and how to maneuver around here. Definitely looking for support and friendship. A little about me.....I'm 52, I live alone....concern is I'm about to start an accelerated program (nursing), plus I want to do this....just not sure I can pull it all off. Currently, working full time and going to school. I've got questions about Core, but too pooped to put it into words.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
C
cc71236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Very new too! What is Core? A bit about me - I'm 53, married, empty nester to four kids, Grammy to 2 boys -6yr, and 2mo. Would welcome some support and friendship also! Usually available in the evenings/weekends. I must be tired too, can't think of much more to say. I chose to respond to you, because you're new also.
Rin Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

You might want to post this on the Weight Watcher Core board if you have questions about the food plan. I am 51 and I'm a nurse too. Going to school full-time and working....wow that's a lot on your plate. Good luck to you!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

And here's a link to the WW Core forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Good luck! And feel free to post in any forum.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/148/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm another newbie. I'm 52, married with 3 kids (two still in their teens and at home, one married and gone). I'm also working full time and wanting to start a graduate program in psychology.

I sure know what you mean about wondering if I can manage it all but in some ways I feel like "if not now, when?" Losing almost 40 pounds has reenergized me ( even if I'm not yet at my goal) and I think this might be my next step.

Good luck in all your two new endeavors. You too, Rin Renee. Hope you're both feeling less tired soon.
deanna125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . . to the Age 50+ Forum . . . hope we'll see you all regularly now that you've found us.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, Welcome. Just wanted to say, I'm a nurse too, went back to school in my later years. It was hard, i'm not going to lie about that, but it's doable. I'm sure you'll make it through too.

If i can give you any advice, it's take all the help you can get. We women seem to think we HAVE to do everything alone.

Join a group, get controle of your weight. It will give you energy and it's so rewarding to meet weight loss goals.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #8  

I am also another newbie! I am an RN who is turning 50 tomorrow and have lived on the sidelines the last 25 years because of being fat. I have to finally prove to myself I can do this. I hope to get support and inspiration from others who can relate to the same problem.
Time2DoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #9  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone , I to am new. I am a little bit of everything you can think of, I am a Ranchers wife. I love to make new friends and I think God is so amazing how he leads me to special people . So glad I am here, and can hardly wait to make new friends!
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223.8/193/150

Height: 5'3"

Default You can do it!

Hi,
I am 52 - really new to this website, although it says I joined in 2007 - I haven't been here since then.
I am a nurse, went back to school when I was 30 - it was very hard, my daughters were preschoolers, but very much worth it.
I am trying to figure which plan I am going to stick with. I have rejoined WW, prefer Core - but cannot seem to stick to anything. I would like to lose 80 pounds.
I hope we all get to know each other!
Lynn
basketsbears is offline   Reply With Quote