Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone! WHEW!!! We got home late Monday night. We had planned on leaving Oklahoma on Sunday morning but when we got going and went to start the truck we had a dead battery so we ended up staying the full 2 days at the family reunion and it was fun! I've put in a couple pictures of us at the reunion. We really did have a good time, BUT I weighed this morning and I gained 3 pounds while I was gone this last month. So it is back on track and hopefully I will at least be able to get rid of one of those pounds by Fridays weigh in. I will change my ticker on Friday too.

Our realtor called this morning and another agent should have an offer in for our house later tonight or tomorrow morning. YAY!! I'm trying not to get to excited because it could be so low that it is laughable or maybe something that we can work with. But at least it is something.. Too bad it didn't happen a couple weeks ago when we were still in MO!!

I will try to get caught up with everyone later. I still have the June thread so I need to go back and read the last pages that I have missed.

Take care everyone!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1927.jpg (38.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0729.jpg (34.3 KB, 9 views)
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

Hope I can get up the courage to go out on the normal mall-crawl later on today. I hate to wear my sunglasses indoors but seems I will be scaring small children (and maybe large adults, too) if I don't. I had a major hemorrhage in my left eye early last evening. Now, I am prone to these, but usually they are just a little red area and go away in a few days. This one is covering the entire white of the eye, looks almost black, and it is actually quite sore (because the eye feels too big for the socket since it is engorged with so much blood). Yes, before you say it . . . I did go and spend most of the evening in Emergency just so I could be assured that it was just a more dramatic version of the regular problem and the eye was not about to shoot out across the room. The emerg doctor did say that this one, because it is so bad, could take a couple of weeks to totally drain; but other than that nothing to worry about. Funny timing -- I have to go an pick up my newly fixed glasses at the optician today -- imagine this will be a little distracting for them as they do the final fitting stuff.

Other than that . . . another hot and sticky one with the humidex heading for high 30's/low 40's again (around the 100 mark). I'll just keep trying to remind myself that it won't be long before I'm complaining about the snow again.

Have a good one, gang . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #18  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Karen31, hope you get a sale on your house soon. My son is trying to sell his and hasn't had a good offer yet.

Meowee, you're ready for Halloween way too early!!! I really hope your eye clears up soon. You need a kiss to make it all better.

We now have the dining room window removed and the gaping hole is filled in and plastered. Just waiting for the final coats of plaster, primer and coat of final paint. Then I'll be able to hang the sheers at the patio doors and put everything back in place. It looks really nice in there now. The next thing on the agenda is a deck outside those doors. It's a long way (just over 4 feet) to the ground if you happen to step out.

My sister-in-law who is visiting with her family was supposed to leave today and stay with my son for a couple of nights before flying home may not be able to go. Her husband took violently ill with diarrhea and vomiting last night and had to be taken to the clinic by ambulance. Not sure what caused it yet but they kept him in overnight. No one else in the family has any of the same symptoms. I don't think he'll be in any condition to drive 400 kilometers today.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Yep . . . here's a couple of pictures of the Halloween costume . . . warning do not enlrge if you get grossed-out easily . . .

BTW . . . going to get a quick check over by the optomitrist when I go to pick up those glasses -- just though a second opinion wouldn't hurt -- especially since the under-eye area is now looking bruised as well as the eye itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye2.jpg (33.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg eye3.jpg (34.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #20  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
Beautiful day here in Minnesota, unfortunately it's going to be a sad day. I have a funeral this morning for a good friend's son, He had a heart attack at 50 years old, leaving wife, two teen daughters and 10 year old son.
Karen...Nice pic's and good girl on the can of "Diet Rite". Who's beautiful flower bed is that in the back ground?
Meowee... It's great that you have such a good sense of humor in regard to your spooky eye, what are they caused from? I broke out in both eyes just like that a few years ago when I was trimming the evergreen shrubs in front of our house. (allergic to them) Both my eye whites were pure red with blood, I was suppose to work that day but my boss said go home! Yah!!!
I better go shower and get ready for a tear jerking funeral.
Have a good one!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #21  

Good morning ladies. May I join in? I'm well over 50.....but don't see a slot for we who are into our 60's now. (I have to tell you the years between 50 and 60 were the absolute best years of my life. I'd live them over and over again like Groundhog Day if I could!)

I'm slowed down in my weight loss the last bit but still managing around a pound a week and hoping to keep it there.......I don't live near a restaurant or a store so it does make it easier to resists a super sneak.

Looking at searching out a new recipe or two today. I enjoy cooking but things need to be bbq friendly the next few days as the heat moves into our area FINALLY!

I enjoyed all your posts and seeing where you are in this struggle. I wish I had kept a diary of what I was eating 3 months ago. That's a use one doesn't think of and I think I'll start one right now. (I wrote down what I had for breakfast as I read that great idea.)

Hope everyone has a successful day today and all feel really great about their efforts.

Kelly
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #22  
Onward and Downward

I have no idea what causes these little eye problems, BOBBI . . . but allergies (of which I have many) is as good an answer as anything I can think of.

Hi TIMLIN . . . . . . glad to have you joining us, We just figured that "over 50" was high enough -- I'm 65 and 1/2 (makes me feel like a kid again to talk about those half years.

Hope you'll come and join us in the "Accountability Thread" too -- it's up in the "sticky" area. In there we do our own daily logging of whatever helps to keep each of us on the straight and narrow path the best. No competition or challenge about it -- just that writing it down does seem to help so much.

Have a great day . . .
Old 07-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all

Timlin! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Gee Linda didn't I see you in the preview for the new X-Files movie? Glad it's just spooky looking and not anything serious.

Sending positive thoughts that it's a good, solid offer Karen31

I've never learned to play bridge Karen3 but MIL plays and was practically in withdrawals the whole time she was here. Called her partner every week to see what the scores were (and make sure her substitute showed up). Thank you for your description - MIL's reaction to missing it makes more sense now

Have a MARVELOUS 4th!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #24  

Good Morning!
Bobbi, actually that is a fish pond that we are standing in front of. It was just beautiful and had so many fish in it. That was at the house in Enid, Oklahoma. I just loved it and could have set there for hours!

Meowee--- Oh!! Sorry about your eye. It really looks painful! Hope you get a good report from the Dr.

Well, need to get a few more things done this morning. Still waiting to hear from the realtor.

Have A GREAT DAY!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1920.jpg (50.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning GG's. The rain has finally stopped and it looks like it might actually clear up and be a nice day. Had thunderstorm warming all last evening and it rained all night.

Linda, WOW, that eye looks spookey. I'm glad it's just cosmetic, but having another doctor look at it is a good idea. Usually it's just a broken capulary. And the bruise under your eye is just where it's resolving.

Karen31, fingers are crossed that the offer pays is a good one and they want to close quickly! The outdoor scenery is beautiful. Looks like the puppies had a good time too.

Isabella, I hope everything is ok with your BIL.

Bobbi, Sorry to hear about your friend. That is so young. Take lots of kleenex!!

Kelly, WELCOME!!! I know you will find lots of support here. Great bunch of people. Visit often and talk to us, we look forward to getting to know you. And there are lots of us over 60 here. I will be 61 in Dec.

YoYo, too bad you couldn't fine a few games for MIL while she was visiting. That might have perked her right up!

Make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hello Everyone! WHEW!!! We got home late Monday night.
I've put in a couple pictures of us at the reunion.
Our realtor called this morning and another agent should have an offer in for our house later tonight or tomorrow morning. YAY!!
Hi Karen,

Welcome back. Great photos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi . . .

I had a major hemorrhage in my left eye early last evening. Now, I am prone to these, but usually they are just a little red area and go away in a few days. This one is covering the entire white of the eye, looks almost black, and it is actually quite sore (because the eye feels too big for the socket since it is engorged with so much blood).
Linda,

I am SO SORRY about your eye. It looks SOOO painful. Feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
My sister-in-law who is visiting with her family was supposed to leave today and stay with my son for a couple of nights before flying home may not be able to go. Her husband took violently ill with diarrhea and vomiting last night and had to be taken to the clinic by ambulance. Not sure what caused it yet but they kept him in overnight. No one else in the family has any of the same symptoms. I don't think he'll be in any condition to drive 400 kilometers today.
Hi Isabella,

Sorry about your SIL-s DH - hope he's feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I have a funeral this morning for a good friend's son, He had a heart attack at 50 years old, leaving wife, two teen daughters and 10 year old son
Hi Bobbi,

How sad. I send my condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlin View Post
Good morning ladies. May I join in? I'm well over 50.....but don't see a slot for we who are into our 60's now. (I have to tell you the years between 50 and 60 were the absolute best years of my life. I'd live them over and over again like Groundhog Day if I could!)
Kelly
Hi Kelly,

WELCOME! This is a GREAT group of 50+++ women (I'm 63 and a quarter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Make it a good day, Freda
Hi Freda, It was a LOVELY day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
I've never learned to play bridge
Hi YoYo, I tried to learn, but gave up. Without a regular partner, it's too difficult.

Have a GOOD 4th of July, Everyone!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 07-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #27  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Greetings!
Kelly, I just turned 63 on May 24 and well over 50 too.
Quote:
I enjoyed all your posts and seeing where you are in this struggle. I wish I had kept a diary of what I was eating 3 months ago. That's a use one doesn't think of and I think I'll start one right now. (I wrote down what I had for breakfast as I read that great idea.)
You can join Fitday for free and post your diary, weigh, etc. This is the site where I log in all my foods, they break it down for you in fat, carbs, protein, calories, fiber, etc. Check it out!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Still dry and still lugging the darn umbrella. It rumbled and had heavy clouds all day and not a drop of rain. We actually need rain....just not on me.

YoYo...I am so addicted to bridge that when we were looking for area to retire we traveled with a fishing guide and an ACBL game directory that lists every sanctioned game in the US. It made it so easy to make new friends and get right into the middle of this small town and Yes you dive for your scallops....and my fluffy body doesn't sink well either so wear ankle weights to push one end down. They report lots of scallops but also lots of jelly fish stings. We have always used MSG on stings but local docs say "Right Guard". Sounds like you may still burn from sting but smell better?????

Hi Kelly.....glad to have you here....This is a great place to find support while on the journey towards health. If Bobbie can admit her age so can I...be 68 the end of this month.

Karen...I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. And a small prayer, too. Loved the pictures of you and the 3 fuzz faces!

Linda...That eye looks sore. Must be the coloring under it that does that. What I wanna know is what does the other guy look like?

Take care of your self, hugs, Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #29  

Hello everyone! Well we did get the offer on the house today but it was way to low!!! So we counter offered and I guess now we just have to wait and see what happens. Still hoping and praying that things work out and we get moved soon. If they do accept our counter offer they want the closing on July 30! Lots to do!!!

Just wanted to pop in for a minute and let you know what was going on.

Welcome Kelly!! I know you are just going to love it here!! Post often and let us get to know you!

Have a great night everyone and I'll catch you later.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

A big welcome to Timlin- Kelly. . I'm 57 and have only been active here for a little over a month and have really appreciated the support and caring. It helped me to lose 13 lbs. in June too. I find the daily accountability page a huge help to support goal setting. Check it out.

Meowee , sorry for the big ouchee . I have gotten the more minor ones from my rosecea and I know what you mean about not wanting to gross out anyone. Just remember that with a warm smile like your's the eye won't be noticed.

Good luck with the counter offer, Karen 31.

Hope that all of the bridge addicts get to indulge during this holiday weekend.
Enjoy and stay

Hope all of you enjoy the 4th of July. Take care.

Eileen

Last edited by Cute n Curvy; 07-03-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Cute n Curvy is offline   Reply With Quote