Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Website is working REALLY SLOWLY for me. I'll try again later - maybe things will be working better then.

Lynn
Old 06-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Gee LYNN -- don't know what the problem could be because it is working just fine and dandy for me and I haven't been hearing about similar problems elsewhere. I will look into it, though, and will let you know if I discover anything that will cure the problems for you.

Wow BOBBI that's a great idea about using the flaxseed oil on a salad. I usually sprinkle ground flaxseed on my cereal but may just have to get some oil to try it mixed with good balsamic vinegar.

Definitely agree with both KAREN3 and EILEEN . . . . . . Our weight problems have got to be connected to strange eating habits from our childhood -- somehow I think it was more high fat and high carb stuff rather than a little Cod Liver Oil that did me in.

Our weather is looking great this morning -- the sun is shining and the high temperature is supposed to be in the mid 70's. Thank you all for keeping the really hot stuff to yourselves.

Well . . . lot's of stuff to do around 3FC this morning before I can go out to play, so I'd better get going.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #33  

Morning girls, We had lovely, sunny weather here yesterday, untill evening. The skies started getting dark and within minutes we had a tornado warning with very high winds. Not a lot of damage in my area, but some area's got hit pretty hard.

Bobbi, I put ground flax seed in a lot of things I eat but only use the oil in dressings. Don't think I could stand drinking it. I can't stand anything oily. I don't even use butter on toast. But i do try to get enough good oil. I didn't get the "flat belly" diet but read about the good oils and have included them in my diet. Not too hard, I love olives and peanut butter.

Karen31, Hope the weather cooperates with you while you're on vacation. have fun.

Karen3, I had to take cod-liver oil when I was young too. But they didn'thave to hid the bottle to keep me from taking it. they hid the bottle because if they didn't, I would find it and hide it so I didn't have to take it. YUCK! NASTY stuff!

Isabelle, prayers for your friend.

Phyllis, YEAH!!!! 2 pounds in one week!! Way to go girl!!! I'm crossing my fingers that you make it 2 in a row.

Eileen, You lost 7? Am I reading that right? you lucky thing you! Although I know luck had nothing to do with it. It was hard work. Congratulations.

Holly, sounds like you have lots of interesting exercis planed. It makes so much difference.

Lynn, Hope you had fun at the party. Isn't it nice to go to a party and have lots of healthy choices instead of trying to pick around and find something you can eat?

Make it a good day. Freda
Old 06-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #34  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Lovely day here in L.A. Going to get hot this weekend, but I won't be here to have to deal with it. I fly to Tacoma on Wednesday to be with my kids and grandsons for the oldest's high school graduation. Going to be very interesting - lots of problems with this DGS.

Yesterday, I drove up to Apple Valley, about 75 miles east from here, to look at houses in a senior community. The agent took me to nine different houses and of course the one I love is the largest and most expensive. I wasn't able to sign any paperwork yet - I'll probably have to wait a month or so. If I don't get the one I want then, I would be happy with most of the others. Some were too small or were condos and I want my own house on a lot. But this one had a lovely large back yard and a gorgeous view of the mountains from the balcony off the 2nd floor bedroom. Oh well.

Then I took my girlfriend to lunch for her birthday. There are three new shopping centers near her house and one had an Applebees so we ate there. But we pigged out - got a big dish of appetizers - hotwings, spinach dip, mozzarella sticks, etc., but then had a lovely shrimp salad. They brought her a little dish of ice cream which we also shared. Way too many carbs and calories, so I'll stay off the scale for another week.

Really nice day. We both needed that.

The news is talking about all the tornadoes, hope everyone in the midwest stays safe and dry.

Today is housework day, as I will be gone until next Monday afternoon.

Have a lovely day.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #35  

Good Morning Everyone,
Not sure what I've posted & what I haven't, so, I'm doing a LOT of personals now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Yup ~ me too ~ I'm addicted. I don't get to post as often as I'd like, but I check in and read a little everyday. I was having withdrawal today ~ LOL.
Hi Gayle, I'm always happy to see you post. Glad our site is back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute n Curvy View Post
This is truthfully a wonderful forum and helps me a lot.You will probably hear from me a lot this weekend . Since I'm a newbie I need to increase my posts and grow up so I can get my signature ticker . Eileen
Hi Eileen, keep on posting these messages & you'll have your ticker in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano51 View Post
I'm going to be interested in how much weight I have lost this week. I know I've lost something. I only weigh in once a week. So I'll know Monday!!! Trish
Hi Trish, so, what's the story? Did you lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I have always had problems with my calories being too low, I'm a huge vegetable fan, and I eat lots of high fiber foods. I'm never very hungry, last night I was really short of calories so I drank 1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed oil. I,m going to add that to my program daily, it's good for me
Hi Bobbi, I wish I had this problem. I've been keeping my calories around 1,200. If I go below, I get hungry. If I go above, I gain weight. I've been trying to increase my exercise so I don't have to keep the calories down too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosmon View Post
Tomorrow, I will drive up to Apple Valley to look for a house to buy in a nice senior community up there in the not too distant future...
Hi Kathleen, how exciting. I hope you find one that comes with wonderful neighbors. I live in a Senior condo complex & sometimes these old folks make me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
I lost another pound this week and I'm in the 160s finally. I'll soon be down to the weight I was when I retired and foolishly didn't keep up the weight loss.
Hi Isabella, CONGRATULATIONS on getting back into the 160's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariela72 View Post
I realize now how I have totally resisted monitoring my food intake. A while back I think it was Lynn who told me to figure my BMR and minus 500 calories would be one pound lost a week. After figuring that, I though it would be interesting to figure what my BMR would be if I was at my goal weight. Turns out that my BMR with light exercise is 2458 - 500 = 1958. If I weighed my goal weight my BMR with light exercise to maintain is 2100. So I figure that I need to learn what 2000 calories looks like because that is what I should be eating the rest of my life. Hollie
Hi Hollie, what I have found (bc I monitor my calorie intake and weight everyday) is that my BMR is lower than the formula indicates. I'm supposed to be able to eat 1500 calories/day with light exercise and not gain. I can't eat over 1200/day with moderate exercise without gaining. You can begin with the formula, but then, you need to adjust based on your actual metabolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Betcha that Lynn is scrapbooking. After all the work of getting us back up and running she is hiding behind her glue pots. Again thank you for getting us back! Karen3
Hi Karen, I've been either scrapping, or clearing bookshelves (I've taken around 400 books to the library so far), or doing genealogy, or putting my class together, or driving back and forth to my nieces (3 hours one-way!). My class begins tomorrow so I'll probably be doing short notes for the next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Well, I lost a nice long post so this will be a shorter version.Phyllis
Hi Phyllis, I lost a long note also. Don't you just hate that?

Quote:
Just wanted to share my good news that with the help from all of you I lost 7 lbs. this week.
( See the June accountability page if you want details. )
Eileen (aka C n C)
Hi Eileen, CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I just wanted to comment on whoever asked me what Flaxseed oil tasted like, I think it was Karen 3? I pour it into a measuring Tablespoon and drink it right down. It has a slight fishy after taste but that lasts about 3 seconds.
Hi Bobbi, I put mine in my protein drink in the morning. I kind of like the taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Definitely agree with both KAREN3 and EILEEN . . . . . . Our weight problems have got to be connected to strange eating habits from our childhood -- somehow I think it was more high fat and high carb stuff rather than a little Cod Liver Oil that did me in.
Hi Linda, Hmmm - I don't know, I was a skinny kid who ate mostly peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches until I was about 18!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn, Hope you had fun at the party. Isn't it nice to go to a party and have lots of healthy choices instead of trying to pick around and find something you can eat? Freda
Hi Freda, nice to see my relatives, but it was a LONG day. Typically, when I visit up there I stay overnight to break up the drive. Yes - it is WONDERFUL to have good food to eat. In 2 weeks, I will be back up there for dance recital (my sister owns a dance studio) and we will go to my other niece's house after. She will have NOTHING I can eat. I will bring my own food over there. Funny - they are sisters, but eat not at all alike.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 06-09-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #36  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone. Seems as if everyone is active and busy today. I never stopped from the moment I crawled out of bed. Yesterday, I was so tired I had a 3 hour nap after I fell asleep in the bath. So last night I was up kind of late and then slept in until 9 this morning. Then I was on the go. Tonight we had a reunion of the participants in the wellness classes that I helped teach this winter/spring and I was busy getting healthy snacks ready to take there. This is the first time I've had to post on 3FC.

And tomorrow is going to be busy, busy. We're putting patio doors in our dining room to open onto our soon-to-be deck. My job tomorrow is to take all the dishes and food from the ceiling to floor shelves that are on the wall where the doors are going. I have no idea where I'm going to put everything. And to think I bought a new serving bowl today. What was I thinking!

And about cod liver oil. We used to have the cod liver oil capsules. When mom wasn't looking I always gave mine to the cat, who thought it was a great treat.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

HI Chickies,
Thanks for the congrats on the 7 pounds lost, Lynn and Freda. You know that first week can give you a good jump start plus lots of and

I hope to get a steady 1-2 lbs. Reading how well other Chickies have done is encouraging to me, thanks

It's late and I have work tomorrow so I better sign off.

Take care,
Eileen
Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #38  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

For some strange reason I am running very much behind schedule this morning, but did want to say a quick HI.

Hopefully I'll get back later.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #39  

Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I had a fitness assessment & a mamogram. Good news on the fitness assessment - a year ago, my body fat % was 39% - today, was 29%. This moved me from "obese" to just this side of "normal."

Won't hear about the mamogram for a while, but no waiting & it didn't hurt.

Hit 147 (for the 20th time) again today. With any luck, I'll move that into the 146's instead of back to the 148's. I think that increasing my exercise time has made the difference.

My course begins today - just checked the website - so far, no one has posted. Unusual - I hope there are no problems with the website.

Have a good day everyone,

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #40  

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Ladies

Hmmm, so multitudes of posts were lost and I still can't keep up! Gads, either I'm slowing down or all you ladies are just entirely too busy

Well, I am just so pleased with myself I could pop so I gotta share. MIL is visiting from California and loves to shop so Saturday I took her to our biggest mall and had a ball. She is a little round lady so we were in the "women's" department and while she was looking I was doing a little browsing and eyeballing a really darling skirt when a sales lady came over and said "I'm sorry ma'am, this is the plus size department. I'm afraid we don't have anything that would be small enough to fit you" I nearly hugged her right there.

On a less pleasing note, MIL (who is 83 and about 90lbs overweight) has "issues" with her feet and balance but refuses to use a walker because she says it makes her look old Well, she is now going to have no choice because she fell yesterday and broke her foot. We were at the emergency room until nearly 10 last night so I am a little loopy today - and hobbling because I wrenched my back trying to help her up. I am interviewing for a new job this afternoon and sure hope I don't go in there looking and sounding like I stopped for a shot of tequila on the way there. As it is, I'm going to have to do some creative dressing because all my good suits are miles too big now - should have bought a new one Saturday but somehow just wasn't thinking they were going to be that huge.

Oh well, on the bright side, at least MIL didn't break something more critical like a hip. She was supposed to go back home tomorrow but we're making her stay at least two more weeks so she isn't trying to manuver through the airport with a freshly cracked bone.

OK, I think I'm starting to babble

Hope you all have a fabulous, fabulous day
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #41  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

Kind of an overcast morning so far, but it feels good. It is supposed to get hotter as the week goes on, but I won't be around to experience it, thank goodness.

Stepped on the scale, and my loss reversed itself and I am back where I was. Going out to lunch with my friend on Sunday kind of did me in. I got back in the groove yesterday, but it will take a day or so to come back off.

Today, I go to Orange County to meet my son for lunch. He is giving me money to take to my DGS for his graduation in Tacoma tomorrow night. Then, I come home, finish packing and get ready to fly to Tacoma around noon.

The dog goes to the groomer for boarding in the morning and I hit the road to the airport. Hope I can stay OP a little while I am up in Tacoma. I'll be staying with my older son and family for the first time, and I don't know if they can accommodate my eating plan or not. Anyway, I am looking forward to a nice salmon dinner while I am up there - yum.

I'll be home on Monday, and probably won't post again until I come back.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning...The company called and they will be arriving at 12N. Wish DH had found out how long they are staying. They will probably stay out in their RV, but made up a bed in case. Gosh, I have developed a whole new list of proper guesting....Like arrive on time, Let the host know what you can't eat, Give idea of departure date/time, No pets, Eating at my table 3 times aday for a week is not repaid by one dinner out....return hospitality is best! You're listen to a full timer mumbling about snowbirds. Sorry! Not the regular Emily Post list.

DD called and it was already 85 in NJ which is 10 degrees hotter than down here. They have started getting their plans finalized for retirement in Feb. Boy, I can not handle that....makes me feel old!

Have been pigging out on the extra tomatoes that weren't used for sandwiches at tournament...only to find out they have recalled all of "round red tomatoes". Well we've consumed a flat without any problem and I'm not tossing the last few. Have been mulling over a thought...have we become too clean/sterile and now get sick from stuff we used to tolerate?

Better go get something for dessert tonight before they get here. hugs, Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-10-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #43  

Good Morning G Girls' It has rained all night and I think it's going to rain all day. Should be wonderful for the grass and flowers. Not so great for me, but I would be complaining if we didn't get enough too. God knows what we need more than we do.

Kathleen, Have a lovely trip. Too bad about the pound that found it's way home. Got to watch those dinners out. Are they really worth it? To me they weren't. There was always something on the menu that I could find taht wasn't a totaly no-no. It's hard, taking one step forward and one step back.

Isabella, I hate construction on the house! It always makes such a mess. But the results are so totally worth it! Try to remember that when you are in the middle of the mess! ha!!

Eileen, 1-2 lb a week loss is wonderful! At the end I was lucky if I lost 1/2 lb. But, it finally did come off. One or 1/2 half pound at a time is still a loss. You will wake up one day and it will all be gone!

Lynn, Congratulations on the good check up! i know your Dr. was happy too!

YoYo, Good to see you! Sorry to hear about your MIL. She's funny, doesn't want to be considered "OLD". But i'm sure we'll be in the same mind frame at that age. I know I will. Most of the time I forget my age, but when I do think about it, I can't believe i'm really this old! NO,NO I can't be!! I think I would have had to hug that sales lady. What a shock she would have gotten! Congratulations lady!

Karen3, What is this world coming to? Is everything we eat going to be contaminated? What about years ago when everything was just brought in from the fileds and rinsed off and eaten? How many germs did we get then? HOW did we manage to get to this age without all the hand wipes and sanitizers we use now?

Freda
Old 06-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #44  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
HI Chickies,
Thanks for the congrats on the 7 pounds lost, Lynn and Freda. You know that first week can give you a good jump start plus lots of and
You're so right about a big loss at the beginning. It really gives you that extra motivation, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I had a fitness assessment & a mamogram. Good news on the fitness assessment - a year ago, my body fat % was 39% - today, was 29%. This moved me from "obese" to just this side of "normal."
Wow! That's quite a difference in body fat. I've never had that tested. But I'd love to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyodieterinvegas View Post
...I was doing a little browsing and eyeballing a really darling skirt when a sales lady came over and said "I'm sorry ma'am, this is the plus size department. I'm afraid we don't have anything that would be small enough to fit you" I nearly hugged her right there.

On a less pleasing note, MIL (who is 83 and about 90lbs overweight) has "issues" with her feet and balance but refuses to use a walker because she says it makes her look old Well, she is now going to have no choice because she fell yesterday and broke her foot. We were at the emergency room until nearly 10 last night so I am a little loopy today - and hobbling because I wrenched my back trying to help her up. I am interviewing for a new job this afternoon and sure hope I don't go in there looking and sounding like I stopped for a shot of tequila on the way there. As it is, I'm going to have to do some creative dressing because all my good suits are miles too big now - should have bought a new one Saturday but somehow just wasn't thinking they were going to be that huge.
What a nice feeling you must have had when the sales lady told you that. Sorry about your MIL. My mom just turned 91 but has to shop in a wheel chair. Hope all goes well with your interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosmon View Post
The dog goes to the groomer for boarding in the morning and I hit the road to the airport. Hope I can stay OP a little while I am up in Tacoma. I'll be staying with my older son and family for the first time, and I don't know if they can accommodate my eating plan or not. Anyway, I am looking forward to a nice salmon dinner while I am up there - yum.

I'll be home on Monday, and probably won't post again until I come back.
Have a great trip and I'm sure you'll be able to make good/the best food choices that you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Good morning...The company called and they will be arriving at 12N. Wish DH had found out how long they are staying. They will probably stay out in their RV, but made up a bed in case. Gosh, I have developed a whole new list of proper guesting....Like arrive on time, Let the host know what you can't eat, Give idea of departure date/time, No pets, Eating at my table 3 times aday for a week is not repaid by one dinner out....return hospitality is best! You're listen to a full timer mumbling about snowbirds. Sorry! Not the regular Emily Post list.
Love your company etiquette list. Ha, ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post

Isabella, I hate construction on the house! It always makes such a mess. But the results are so totally worth it! Try to remember that when you are in the middle of the mess! ha!!
Thank you for the reminder. I'm in the middle of a mess as I type. I'm taking a break from confusion. My tables, floors and counters are wall to wall food and dishes. My kitchen looks like a food bank. I have about 30 cans of peaches that were on sale for several weeks that I kept buying and packing away in cupboards. I also have about 20 cans of soup, 12 jars of pasta sauce an 12 bags of sugar (another sale) just to name a few items of interest. I've got to resist the bulk buying. I had to use the stove top as counter space to prepare dinner (lunch) today. I'm cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and throwing out anything that I've squirreled away and don't need (ice cream tubs, plastic ware, biscuit tins, etc.) trying to make a little more room for the canned products. I'm not buying groceries (except for fresh food) for the next 2 months!

On a sad note, my friend miscarried early this morning. She will be staying in hospital for a few more days because of an infection but otherwise she is well but very sad. Thanks for your prayer for her. Please keep the family in your prayers as they go through this loss.

Last edited by retiredone; 06-10-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Isabella. so sorry to hear of your friends loss. We will keep her and the family in our thoughts and prayers in this sad time.
Closed Thread