Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #181  

Height: 5'1"

Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

Lynn thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I hope that memories of happier times may be a comfort to you. Glad you are back and hope that your geneology search was fruitful.

I've been MIA from this site for a few days due to visit with our adult children and their families. It was lovely.

Hit a bump in the road with total calories, but still managed to lose one pound.
Back on track now. I'm fighting a cold or something but have rested most of today, so I'll see how tomorrow goes.

Hope your headache has left, meowee.

Take care
Eileen
Old 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #183  

Morning GG's, didn't do a lot this weekend. Tried to get all the lawn work done, planted a few new flowers to fill in some bare spots. I'm trying to get mostly things that come back so I don't have to replant all the time. It's difficult to get things with enough color. My hens and chicks are starting to bloom. I've seen them a few times before, but they really shot up this time. I'm looking forward to seeing that. Any one noticed how much the price of food is going up? I went shopping this weekend at the mall. My favortie part has always been getting a ff/sf frozen yogurt afterwards. Before you got a small cup and 3 toppings of fruit for 2.50. this week you got 2 toppings and the price was 3.50. Just an indication of all the other rising prices.

Lynn, I just wanted you to know that prayers were with you yesterday. I hope you just remembered all the good times and found comfort.

Eileen, I'm glad you had fun with your family. How many grandkids? Congratulations on the weight loss. Hard to do with company, and trying to cook for them too. And you pulled it off!!! Hope you're feeling better.

Freda
Old 06-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #184  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Extra for LYNN

for everybody this Monday Morning . . .

Looks like we are going to get some "sunny breaks" today to make life worthwhile for all of those who booked off for a four day weekend. Tuesday, July 1, is our official holiday although there is a lot of controversy about whether it should be changed to the closest Monday. Since I'm retired it really doesn't matter to me. It is supposed to stay pretty sticky though and think I'll be sticking close to home and doing my exercising on the Gazelle again.

Headache is only a memory this mornbing and I finally got rid of the water weight and got back to my 214.5 weight again, too. That gives me an average for June of 218.8 or another 3 pounds sent to ugly-pound-heaven. Of course, changing scales in mid-stream probably had something to do with it, but I don't care, I'm claiming it -- I've changed my ticker to reflect a new and lower decade at long last.

Hope everybody has a great Monday . . . See you all later . . .
Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

The July Daily Accountability thread for the 50+ forum has been started. Hope you'll join.

Lynn
Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #186  
Onward and Downward

Thank you . . . going right over to stake my claim.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....For some reason today feels like Friday...boy when Friday becomes the holiday I will be totally turned around. We had a swiss team game at the club today. I hate to play it, but got talked into it. Our team was doing very well (3rd) with one round to go. The Big Guns who were winning were so rude and down right nasty....so I pulled out all my stops and they never knew what hit them. The 4 of us giggled all the way home. We beat them and got 13Victory Points which should put us in First Place.......Nah Nah Nah....The is no reason for people to be nasty except they think they are intimidating other players.

I have to get a new scale....nah, Linda, I really didn't shoot the old one. Any ideas on what to get?

I have been faithfully carrying my umbrella and not leaving it in the car even at the grocery. So it has not rained on me in a week. That's my hint for the week!

Gotta go get dinner started....take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs, Karen3
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

I took my Little Sister and her younger brothers to see WALL-E today. Not one of my favorite Disney movies - but the kids liked it.

Karen3 - my only advice is don't bother with the kind that "measures % of body fat." The %'s are all over the place. I bought one & gave up on it - went back to my plain old scale that sticks to pounds.

Today is the last day of the 3rd week of class. One more week to go & this class will be over.

Hope everyone is doing good - thank you so much for all the sweet words about yesterday.

I love you all,

Lynn
Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #189  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all

Had a nice day today ~ bonus day off ~ got called for jury duty, so was off last night so I could be awake for it today ~ I didn't mind that (any days I don't have to go to work is fine with me ) Ended up they didn't need a lot of us, so we got to go on home.

Went to the fabric shop while I was up that way and found fabric to make my dress for my daughter's wedding. Had a little fun with that too. (My daughter has been a bridezilla and at one point wouldn't even speak to me.) I found this fabric ~ wild stuff with metalic multi colored threads sticking all out of it ~ joked with my husband that maybe I should make my dress out of that. We got a laugh out of that thought. Got a swatch of that and on the way home stopped to show my other daughter the cloth I had gotten for the dress. Showed her the wild fabric. It was fun to see the look on her face, but she knew I wasn't serious about that one. Too bad I can't show that to the bridezilla and needle her a little bit ~ after the way she has been acting.....I'm not that mean, but feel kind of for having those thoughts.

Then went to stay with Corbin until his parents got home from work. I enjoy getting to spend time with him. He was kind of sad and teary today ~ they had moved recently and their kitty went out and never came back. So, we walked around the neighborhood calling for her. Went home and looked on-line at the missing pet adds. He worked on making a sign to put up so people might call if they found her. Then he put some food out for her thinking that might coax her back. He thought we should wait right by the door and keep a look out the window in case she came. So we pulled up chairs and kept a watch. Finally he decided that it might be a while and it was ok for us to leave our posts. I was glad to be able to be there with him when he needed comforting. Sure wish the cat would come back.

Hope you all are having a good evening.

Take care
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #190  

Good Morning all, Looks like it will be a lovely day. I sure hope so, today is fireworks in the park. I want to take the grandkids and walk around and enjoy it for awhile. We always come home before the actual fireworks because they begin at dusk. We watch them sitting in the yard with the other neighbors. I took the kids swimming last night. How nice to be able to wear a bathing suit and not be embarassed. And it's time for another charm for my bracelet, to celebrate 7 months of no gain.

Gail, good to see you posting again. I've missed you. I think all brides turn into Bridezilla for awhile. they just get so into the wedding and have to have eveyr single little detail "just right". What they don't know is that no one notices anyway. If I could give them all just one piece of advice it would be to "just relax and have fun". that is really what people notice.

Karen3, Congratulations on the win. Cleaning their clocks is what they get for being so nasty. I hate it when people do that!! As far as scales go, most are very good. But I made the mistake last time of getting one that didn't display the weight and it's hard for me to read the one I got.

Lynn, Will you have the rest of the summer off after this class? And we love you too!!

Go make it a good day. Freda
Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #191  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Here it is July 1 (a holiday for us in Canada -- Canada Day, our version of July 4) and it's also time to truck on over to our new spot for the new month . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...23#post2249623

See you over there, gang . . .
Closed Thread